You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Golf and stuff

Comments

• EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    Jac35 said:

Morning all

I’ve been quite busy over the last week and as no one posts on here anymore i couldn’t be bothered to post :)

I had a week off and so was able to isolate and see Harry over the weekend. I felt quite emotional when he ran over for a hug when i kicked him up. First hug in over 3 months felt good.
    We went to climb up Thorpe Cloud and all was going well. Mel was a nightmare getting up there but Harry was surefooted. I said i needed the toilet on the way up and got told off by Harry for not going before we left. On the way down he said he was desperating. There was a little dip and so it was the best we could do. Just as he pulled his shorts down he slipped. He landed in a bed of nettles. His bottom is still rashy. He was pretty brave about it as he stung his legs and arms too.

Other than nettlegate it went really well.
    We played football, nerf guns, cricket and frisbee.

I’ve got the new car now and he’s impressed with the wifi. So i’ve had to listen to Ollie and Finn on the ipad alll weekend :)

Dropped him off this morning and next time i’ll see him properly is in 6 weeks :(

On my way back i bit into a sandwich and a back tooth fell out. That’s the 2nd one to go in lockdown. Fortunately it doesn’t hurt
    Fuckkingg teeth

Mighty Rams might yet make a push for the play offs :)

Played a bit of poker. Won the megastack last Friday and made some money in other comps too. So after that i hardly bothered last week as i was up around £900 for the month with rakeback.
    Played last night and i was rubbish and didn’t run good. Escaped with only losing £78

Lockdown haircut looking so good

That's the most elaborate story I've ever heard to cover up the fact that you kicked your son! I suppose it was good to get one in before he ran rings round you at football and nerf guns and cricket and frisbee, bet you're glad of a rest now.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Enut said:

Jac35 said:

Morning all

I’ve been quite busy over the last week and as no one posts on here anymore i couldn’t be bothered to post :)

I had a week off and so was able to isolate and see Harry over the weekend. I felt quite emotional when he ran over for a hug when i kicked him up. First hug in over 3 months felt good.
    We went to climb up Thorpe Cloud and all was going well. Mel was a nightmare getting up there but Harry was surefooted. I said i needed the toilet on the way up and got told off by Harry for not going before we left. On the way down he said he was desperating. There was a little dip and so it was the best we could do. Just as he pulled his shorts down he slipped. He landed in a bed of nettles. His bottom is still rashy. He was pretty brave about it as he stung his legs and arms too.

Other than nettlegate it went really well.
    We played football, nerf guns, cricket and frisbee.

I’ve got the new car now and he’s impressed with the wifi. So i’ve had to listen to Ollie and Finn on the ipad alll weekend :)

Dropped him off this morning and next time i’ll see him properly is in 6 weeks :(

On my way back i bit into a sandwich and a back tooth fell out. That’s the 2nd one to go in lockdown. Fortunately it doesn’t hurt
    Fuckkingg teeth

Mighty Rams might yet make a push for the play offs :)

Played a bit of poker. Won the megastack last Friday and made some money in other comps too. So after that i hardly bothered last week as i was up around £900 for the month with rakeback.
    Played last night and i was rubbish and didn’t run good. Escaped with only losing £78

Lockdown haircut looking so good

That's the most elaborate story I've ever heard to cover up the fact that you kicked your son! I suppose it was good to get one in before he ran rings round you at football and nerf guns and cricket and frisbee, bet you're glad of a rest now.
    Lol
    Only just spotted the typo 😀
    edited July 2020
    Had a stormer at golf last week and I got my handicap cut. Very happy with that.
    Played this Sunday in gale force winds and managed 23 points. Wp me

Derby were very unfortunate not to get all 3 points v Forest. We played ever so well and it was a shame not to win

Saw Harry today 😊

Not been pub yet!

May have found a new house. Being less than a mile from the golf course is ok

Poker has been pretty shoddy and I’ve thrown my toys out of the pram to a few friends. Very mature of me. But in my defence I’m new to the game and I’m sure in time I’ll take it all in my stride.
    Doesn’t normally happen but got slowrolled 3 times tonight. Was rather satisfying to knock one of them out after he’d done it twice.
    The other was close to the money in the £22 mega stack. I shoved the flop and he used the full time bank before calling with the flopped straight. Grrr

Came 3rd in the £3 rebuy last night to save the evening and came 2nd in it tonight to again save the day.
    Actually ended up £149 tonight so not too bad after all
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030

Gotta love golfers.

The game is hard enough already, but when we get our handicap cut, & thus the game becomes harder still, we are happy.

WP last night.
  • teamclauteamclau Member Posts: 56
    Heyyy great to see some DYM blogging, and congrats on rebuy, 3rd then 2nd on consecutive nights...surely that means you must play this evening and are scheduled to ship it this evening?

I will be honest I havent read the whole thread yet with 38 pages but I wondered do you favor turbo over standard DYMs when grinding for prio? Are the swings as brutal as I would imagine them to be?

gl xx
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    I’m sure your friends don’t mind the occasional bad beat rant.

Finishing in profit to £149 sure takes the sting off.

I was slowrolled too last night, sometimes you can’t be sure if the person did it deliberately - they might have had many tables and decisions on the go, the software or connection might have been playing up etc. All doubt removed when on this occasion, during the slowroll they typed in chat “slow-rolled for the fullest flavour”, which of course is very mature and right up there in terms of etiquette. One for his fans, I’m sure.
    edited July 2020
    bbMike said:

I was slowrolled too last night, sometimes you can’t be sure if the person did it deliberately - they might have had many tables and decisions on the go, the software or connection might have been playing up etc. All doubt removed when on this occasion, during the slowroll they typed in chat “slow-rolled for the fullest flavour”, which of course is very mature and right up there in terms of etiquette. One for his fans, I’m sure.

No, it’s hilarious ;)

Yeah mine was real too.

He limped in off 5 bigs
    I have K 10 and flop top pair on K Q x

He bets 1bb on flop and turn which are low cards

I put him in on the river for his last 2bbs and he tanks KQ

Next one i shove 22 on the button with him in the sb with 4bbs and the bb with 6bbs

He tanks 99

2 on flop was fun :)

He wrote something like “Typical Sky set up”

I couldn’t resist replying with “slowroll karma”
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    bbMike said:

Did you make a note of their name and go on a tirade of abuse and find them on twitter to abuse them?
    MattBates said:

bbMike said:

Did you make a note of their name and go on a tirade of abuse and find them on twitter to abuse them?
    Knowing Mike it’s highly likely
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Silence is violence
    teamclau said:

Heyyy great to see some DYM blogging, and congrats on rebuy, 3rd then 2nd on consecutive nights...surely that means you must play this evening and are scheduled to ship it this evening?

I will be honest I havent read the whole thread yet with 38 pages but I wondered do you favor turbo over standard DYMs when grinding for prio? Are the swings as brutal as I would imagine them to be?

gl xx

I probably should have another go at it tonight :)

99% regular dyms for me
    Although i am very level headed the turbos would send me crazy
    Jac35 said:

teamclau said:

gl xx

I probably should have another go at it tonight :)

99% regular dyms for me
    Although i am very level headed the turbos would send me crazy

CALL
    Was having a very shoddy night but the £3 rebuy saved the day again
    Probs just spewy at the end but 3rd is ok and ended up £61 up on the night which I’d have taken very happily a couple of hours ago

Not running well in dyms but still making some money here and there and so it’sall good man.

Bought me some new golf stuff this week.
    Some nice strides, spiffy pair of shoes and a new bag.
    I’ll look quite dapper on Sunday in the stableford. I’ve even heard golfers call them staplefords! Drives me mad, the only Stapleford I know is a mediocre suburb of Nottingham.

Derby are shite.

Went to view a house today
    We’d be a dream for Kirsty and Phil
    We need a place between Derby and Mansfield in the sticks but not far from stuff. It has to have character and be big enough but not too big. I want it all done and she wants projects
    Actually on second thoughts, they’d hate us

There’s a perfect place in Crich in the market place but it would be a bit of a stretch
    I’ll just have to try and win a couple of Dyms and see where we are.

Holiday with Melissa and the boy looks like it will go ahead at the beginning of August. Everything looks like it will be open. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing

Only posted 2 bad beats tonight

It’s a start!

Really enjoying your laid-back writing style these days Mr J.

Oh - I really could use Derby losing today please.
    edited July 2020
    Last two games have shown how far behind the top teams in the league we are.

Only Derby could have the best keeper in the league out on loan and have this pair of clowns left to pick from.
    3rd goal is good but surely it’s basics. 2 players on him and he’s all right foot and so they show him inside. They’d get a bollockking for that in Under 11s football

Seriously sad times ahead if Leeds get promotion at our place

Fabulous result. Fabulous.
    Played golf comp today with my snazzy new gear
    It doesn’t work. I do look the part though.

Had a nosebleed when playing poker. I get nosebleeds. They make me sad.

£3 rebuy saved the day again :)
    Just finished 2nd in it for £141 up on the night.

I only play a few mtts. I keep playing the £22 mega and i run horribly in that
    3bet AKcc and got shoved on for a lot by 88. Called it off and saw about the best flop i could without hitting. Jc 10c 2s
    Never gonna get there in that comp

Smallest comp i play i can’t miss :)
    Was down to 1.5bbs with 40 left. 2 minutes later i was on 105k and 3 more heads :)

Ridiculous run recently in that
    I think in my last 5 goes i’ve had 2 3rds a 4th and now a 2nd place finish in it

Oh yeah
    Before i forget
    Derby are shite
  • eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    Derby are shite

Agree
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Derby are shite...

Except when they play Preston.

Had to laugh at the "turning back the clock" commentary on Rooney's free kick - as if his free kick ability would had deserted him? It's not like he recreated the 2nd goal v Croatia at Euro 2004.