You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bad Beats & Dark Horses

Comments

• mushroom1mushroom1 Member Posts: 645
    I decide to play the £5.50 BH* alongside the Reload - *the £500 GTD with the slower structure.

Before I can update the thread with this news, however, I crash out after a few hands.

Blind-on-blind, I min-raise with 97s and face a click-back from the BB. I have notes and an opinion on the BB and am happy to play as many pots as possible against them.

The flop comes baby-baby-nine.

I check to a half-pot c-bet before shoving over 1,800 chips into a pot of 700.

I am snapped by Ace-Ten (no flush possible).

Eeek, here comes the turn.....no problem, easy dodge.

Hold tight for the river.....oh dear, it's an Ace.

Still, at least the notes were correct.
    Crash out of the Reload in 42nd or 43rd.

I continue to run poorly for the 20th consecutive day. It just seems that, no matter what I do, I will ultimately fail to get the breaks at the crucial time.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    ozzieowenSmall blind800.00800.0029397.50
    boggoBig blind1600.002400.0022230.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • K
    Joelio64Call1600.004000.0023035.00
    whosthemanFold
    mushroom1All-in14615.0018615.000.00
    ozzieowenFold
    boggoFold
    Joelio64Call13015.0031630.0010020.00
    Joelio64Show
    mushroom1Show
    • A
    • K
    Flop
    • Q
    Turn
    • A
    River
    Joelio64WinThree 8s31630.0041650.00
    Given I am now in a zombie-like state of numbness, I go again, in the £11 £400 BH which started at 23:30.
    mushroom1 said:

Given I am now in a zombie-like state of numbness, I go again, in the £11 £400 BH which started at 23:30.

There's a rumour going around that I managed to win two big all-ins.

It's about time I got lucky and outdrew some players.

Despite holding only pocket Aces and pocket Queens, I manage to hand out two vicious beats to my opponents' Ace-King and Ace-Queen, respectively.

edited October 2020
    Panic Over!

Normality was restored soon after.

I call a small raise, on the button, with Jc8c.

I flop a flush draw.

"I can't keep missing, surely?" I think to myself, "perhaps I should get busy with this hand?" I ponder.

I decide to play it cheaply and call a c-bet.

My instincts were correct! I couldn't keep missing, it's obvious. Bingo! A club on the turn.

So ecstatic to hit, I play it fast and all the money goes in on the turn. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add; my opponent had AcQc.
    It may have only been a late night 50-runner £11 BH, but I'll take it.

I did suck out once along the way. With 30-odd players left I shoved 12-bigs (ish) with A5, was looked up by A7.

A QQ8 flop gave me split hopes but the five on the river resulted in a needed double-up.

Between that point and when down to three-handed, I managed to hold when getting it in good.

When down to three, and with the blinds at 1000/2000, I shove on the button with 9c7c with my stack of only 10,500. The BB tanks before calling with AK.

I enjoy a large slice of luck and hit a Nine to secure the pot. Well, I say large slice, it was hardly David vs Goliath. After all, David was a much bigger price than the 6/4 of my connectors and, apparently, he went much bigger in-running.

Anyway, my long wait for a final table is over. I even managed to win it. Like I say, it's far from a 'bink', but, by Jove, was it needed.

It shaved 30% of the month's losses, too.
    Play the rush. Well, sort of.

I decided on a few small cash games to finish off.

I play £10 PLO and Spin-up NLHE at £2 and £5, turning my total stakes of £34 into £95.

With regards to the bigger picture and moving forward, tonight's profit of £200 is worth so much more than the immediate financial gain.
    Tonight we start with the M&M (Mini & Mega) in hope that last night's victory means that I have truly turned a corner.

Let's hope the first 19 days of October will soon feel like nothing more than a bad dream - ideally the non-recurring type.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Hi @mushroom1
    Long time lurker and admirer of your musings.
    Just popped in to say well done on the win, and good luck going forward.
    tomgoodun said:

Hi @mushroom1
    Long time lurker and admirer of your musings.
    Just popped in to say well done on the win, and good luck going forward.

Many thanks, @tomgoodun. Much appreciated.

Good luck at the tables this evening, mate.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,861

Just caught up from last night's adventures - well done on that well-overdue win.

Keep the sports betting updates coming too please, most interesting & enjoyable. That L2 Top Scorer bet looks interesting.

The Ole bet was great value too, & may well still be.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,270
    edited October 2020
    You said "Eeek".

Oor Wullie influence.
    Suffered an early exit in the Mini.

There were a few hands worthy of note during my short stay.

I was down to less than starting stack relatively early before shoving with 1,000 chips on the button (30/60 blinds) with AQ. I was snapped by the SB who tabled K6o. OK.

Although the snapper made two pair, so did I, and yours truly was back to holding 2,000 tournament chips.

Soon after I ran into 77 while holding 53s on a 42733 board (was in the BB in a min-raised multi-way pot). Thankfully, I played the draw cheap on the flop and turn and only called the river, losing only 25% of my stack in the hand.

While still patting myself on the back, I crashed out with A6 on a AJ86 rainbow board, to an opponent holding A8.

The Mega has started reasonably well, still early days, obviously.

However, this just happened...
    seikusSmall blind50.0050.007805.00
    mushroom1Big blind100.00150.0019030.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • A
    PaulsternFold
    FroozleFold
    dabobs18Fold
    Jperk69Fold
    seikusFold
    mushroom1Show
    • A
    • A
    mushroom1Win100.0019130.00
    mushroom1Return50.000.0019180.00
    Even seikus managing to fold when folded round to. He must've only had one card.
    mumsie said:

You said "Eeek".

Oor Wullie influence.

"Eeek" has been uttered many, many times this month. Sadly, usually followed by an expletive.

:#
    Tikay10 said:

Just caught up from last night's adventures - well done on that well-overdue win.

Keep the sports betting updates coming too please, most interesting & enjoyable. That L2 Top Scorer bet looks interesting.

The Ole bet was great value too, & may well still be.

Cheers, @Tikay10 .

Will do, mate. I am still happy with both bets. If you look through the Premier League, it's pretty difficult to pinpoint "sack race" contenders. Scott Parker an obvious suggestion but he was handed a relatively big contract at the start of the season, which must be a factor.
    edited October 2020
    After a decent start in the Mega, where I amassed increased my starting stack to 18,000, I make a poor call in a cooler.

I raise it up with Th8h and flop a flush; Qh Jh 4h.

I check-call the flop and my sneakiness was punished with a Queen on the turn pairing the board. I bet the turn and call a relatively small re-raise.

The river brings a Nine, but, sadly, not of hearts.

I face a pot-sized bet on the river, which I call. I lose to fours-full.

I beat myself up a bit over the losing 10,000 chips here, and never recovered.
    It's 0/3 after exiting close to the money (26th) in the Reload.
    TonyzyaSmall blind2000.002000.0095047.19
    PSquiddlesBig blind4000.006000.0017228.02
    Your hole cards
    • J
    • K
    VibesFold
    adair333Fold
    Custer90Fold
    mushroom1All-in11795.0017795.000.00
    TonyzyaFold
    PSquiddlesCall7795.0025590.009433.02
    PSquiddlesShow
    mushroom1Show
    • J
    • K
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    PSquiddlesWinTwo Pairs, 9s and 3s25590.0035023.02
    0/4 after I hit the rail early in the £11 BH (which I won last night). AQ < AK on a AKx flop.

Bring on the Mid Ex!
    edited October 2020
    No joy in the Mid Ex but better news from the £33 Turbo BH.

I make the final four without winning a single bounty, which was far from ideal considering I was in for £63, due to a rebuying after a visit to the cooler (flush over flush).

I eventually make the final two, where I ran well; winning a couple of important races, holding with some crucial 60/40's, and ultimately managing to scrape home in front.

So, after a horrendous three weeks, we see definite signs of a turnaround with two MTT wins in two nights.

Onwards and upwards.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,270
    Nicely done @mushroom1, you'd probably settle for averaging one mtt win a night wouldn't you?
    Enut said:

Nicely done @mushroom1, you'd probably settle for averaging one mtt win a night wouldn't you?

Cheers, @Enut. Well, given I rarely play more than MTTs a night, I would definitely settle for that average! :#

Let's aim for one a week and go from there. :p