You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

random i think not

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    rabdeniro said:

I think what you should do " TheWaddy " is to get your dictionary out and flick through the pages to the letter P and you will find the answer to your problem " PARANOIA ".
    everybody gets a bit paraniod every now and again if you look at the symptoms, you've got a few of them.
    You say you're a winning player but that doesn't seem to be enough for you, most rec players would be happy with the figures you say you've won, I don't think 99.9% of people would be bothered about the RNG and I am pretty sure very few people would be sending out emails to various organizations basically saying they're corrupt.

Theres a bigger picture to this though. I have adapted to the ways of the online deck, im old and wise enough to see what the score is. Consider the talented 21yr old player, honed his talent through poker books and live play.

He thinks its time he played for bigger stakes on the internet. But when he finds that correct play wont work on decks such as these and he has sites saying 'your just being unlucky, it will pan out in the long run oddswise, our decks are totally random etc', he continues doing what he believes will be winning play in the end.

What happens when the young lad gets himself into financial difficulty, as what he has correctly learnt is never going to work online?

Like 888, they have shown no mercy to players such as this and have relentlessy let players lose amounts they could not afford, hence the £9m fine.

So i continue to push the issue, yes. I think if i send an email to 888 and Full Tilt (pre shut down as i did) basically suggesting they operate in a way that is 'corrupt' as you put it..... neither is in a position to deny it are they, regardless if the deck is the last thing they have yet to be fined on.

I just dont understand when these companies have been found to be doing not would they should, you continue to say 100% yes they have done these things... but they would never use the deck to their advantage. You are very forgiving people.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,155
    WILL YOU ANSWER A FREAKING QUESTION, JUST ONCE.

Why if you have found a way around the RNG that you can exploit to make money would you actually make noise about it ????

If I spot an error in the market whilst trading I don't jump on a forum and let everybody know, I just quietly back or lay the trade and smile to myself.

Finally before I leave you to your own happy thoughts. If the RNG favours the worst players with the worst hands why can't I ever beat @MattBates @NOSTRI @MISTY4ME @FeelGroggy @Essexphil @Enut or any of the hundreds of better players on this site.

Bye. Be Lucky
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    You said
    Well if I thought that a gaming or poker site was dishonest and still wagered or played there would that not make me a moron?
    I said
    I'm guessing you don't play here anymore so why are you using the Sky platform making disingenuous remarks , if i were you i'd just let us morons crack on
    Tikay said
    No, he still plays here most days, including today.
    So i answered your question
    You said i said Sorry Cammy
  • Options
    alyssammyalyssammy Member Posts: 61
    tomgoodun said:

alyssammy said:

so why is it only me that sees the worst hand pree wins day in day out come on people dont be so gullible it needs to be looked at

The best had pre CANNOT win every time, it is a mathematical impossibility.
    im not saying that i am saying the worst hand wins the most
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    alyssammy said:

tomgoodun said:

alyssammy said:

so why is it only me that sees the worst hand pree wins day in day out come on people dont be so gullible it needs to be looked at

The best had pre CANNOT win every time, it is a mathematical impossibility.
    No, it doesn’t
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    This is a very funny thread.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    alyssammy said:

So you're saying, quite literally, that 27o is the best hand and AA is the worst hand in texas holdem on Sky Poker? It seems that is literally what you are stating here. Could you clarify?

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Ahhh anger issues... thats why he went to 'find god'... always the way.

I mean we have covered this point over and over. so i can answer the freaking question a 3rd time just for you.

Just because the deck is helping you in certain subtle situations, it doesnt mean you are ultimately going to win a sng or be a winning player. It will help a poor player lose at a lower rate than odds dictate in sngs, if these situations are drawn in.

In cash, it helps a poor player lose less than he would given the odds, but also increases rake when they hit their long odds rivers.

The situations are subtle, but it gives a critical edge in a direction to help maintain customer traffic and increase rake. Are you remembering this repeated stuff now?

For the last time, for all of you who keep saying it... you can not use a situation to make money, you have to be ultimately a losing player, it will only stop you losing less.

Its a thing that helps sites maintain customer numbers and increase rake, it is not going to favour someone who is already a big winner.

So please, anyone else going to say 'well if you know you should be able to make a fortune then', please try and take it in.

I will give you an example at hi lo. The way a hi lo player wins alot is by ramming and jamming flops that have muli way hi and lo opportunites. As 2s Kh 3h on a Ks 4h 5s flop, u want to get as much in the middle there and then, A poor opponent would call with Kc 4c 9d Qd here.

This is bread and butter hands for a hi lo player and they come around alot. Ive played hundreds of thousands of hands, maybe millions online.... guess what... these flops never happen.... never. Low draws yes, other draws yes, but a sheer multi way like this? Never.

This is one subtle way to ensure poor players dont get blown away. Its not all about silly runners, its these situations you can spot. Like the Omaha hi 888 all in preflop low stack. Never loses. Never should not happen in a random outcome.

I have just adapted to accept these situations and have learnt to win with alternative techniques, mostly avoiding 'site set ups' which i can now spot. But i sure wish i didnt have to, hence the moans.

• Options
    The trouble with your theory is that not once in the history of online poker has a former software engineer, or ceo/coo etc, or security manager or any of the other many roles that might be privy to such information, which would equate to thousands and thousands of people, has ever come forward and said that something like that was happening.

Occam's razor states that the conclusion that requires the least assumptions is nearly always correct and that is also true in this case. The sites, many of them, make money anyway, and there's little need to increase rake and player retention by a few fractional percent to risk absolute ruin and the committing of a crime.
  • Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 437
    I remember seeing some statistics that our data team had pulled from every hand ever played on Sky so over a billion. What happens when you get an insanely large sample size is that every hand wins at the exact % it statistically should do. Probably not surprising news to most of you but thought I'd confirm it nonetheless.
  • Options
    The trouble with these debates, if you can even call it that, is that they never end. I think the riggie thread on 2p2 is the most popular thread in it's history or close to it, and it's an inane merry go round where the things being said on page 1 by both sides are repeated almost verbatim on the most recent page many many years later.
  • Options
    At what point in the hand are you judging it to 'win at the exact % it should'? Preflop? Flop? Turn? River? I can almost guarantee you do not look at millions of hands and test every street.......
  • Options

The trouble with your theory is that not once in the history of online poker has a former software engineer, or ceo/coo etc, or security manager or any of the other many roles that might be privy to such information, which would equate to thousands and thousands of people, has ever come forward and said that something like that was happening.

Occam's razor states that the conclusion that requires the least assumptions is nearly always correct and that is also true in this case. The sites, many of them, make money anyway, and there's little need to increase rake and player retention by a few fractional percent to risk absolute ruin and the committing of a crime.

How many staff have come forward to say their company was breaking the rules on all the points 888 have just been fined £9m for? How many came forward to say Full Tilt were doing what they were doing with customer funds for years?

Software engineers could easily be the same one at each company, black friday only happened 2011, who are the thousands? There could be one or two walking around, but even then they are just doing what they do for all the other games, slots etc.... unless they ever stumble upom a poker forum, they would probably be unaware it was even doing anything wrong.

They just working for a gambling company where all the games are geared towards maximising profit, they have to come up with a win percentage for all the other games, why would they think this was different.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    You keep using the 888 fine as a straw man. The fine was regarding UKGC compliance and 888 aren't the only one. A lot of that can be blamed on negligence or ignorance as these UKGC regs came in swift and hard and some companies that did not adapt quick enough ended up with fines, and rightly so. You see a lot less fines now that companies know that UKGC won't be messed with. In this case it's a straw man that you seem to love flailing around but it's just very annoying because people have to keep refuting this totally irrelevant rubbish with you.

If you believe there are just 1 or 2 software engineers working on poker clients and their RNG in the whole world then you are even more delusional than I thought.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    @TheWaddy Question for you. If online poker sites are rigged in favour of weaker players to slow down the rate they lose money, why is it that rigged claims overwhelmingly come from these 'favoured' losing players? Meanwhile crushers of the game argue it is completely fair, despite it being 'rigged' against them?
  • Options
    Guys let it go its like talking thermonuclear dynamics to a penguin.
  • Options

The trouble with these debates, if you can even call it that, is that they never end. I think the riggie thread on 2p2 is the most popular thread in it's history or close to it, and it's an inane merry go round where the things being said on page 1 by both sides are repeated almost verbatim on the most recent page many many years later.

There you go, this is the truest word you ever said and you also seem to be off the Stella now, which is great news.

I was simply replying to Alyysammys question, i was just then answering any other question thrown at me. Some like the preacher man, shouted 'ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTION'. I do not start these threads. Its my opinion.

There really is no need to take offence, nor belittle. Its my experience. You do not want to know. Its cool, stop asking me questions then. Neither side will win.

But those 6 people with their initial insulting/belittling comments, do that every time. Its ok for people to have a different opinion due to their own personal experience. It is not so cool to shout 'liar' and 'moron' at them. But that was also my personal experience on the Sky forum. Others will have found it a great place to come for biscuits. Everyone is different.
  • Options
    You call people halfwits and fkwits.
    You get called a moron.
    You start to wade into someone who said that they would forgive you.
    You then try and use that persons beliefs to hit him over the head with.
    You fail.
    You avoid questions about your perceptions
    You realise, he's quite good at this sort of thing.
    You get even more irate calling him Holy man, preacher man.
    You make sly insinuations regarding whether he may be an ex con
    You still avoid questions
    You look to argue against him and not the points raised.
    You still fail.
    You attempt to bring others on side against him.
    You forget your original point.
    You repeatedly play the victim, the injured party, the hard done by.
    You really fail.
    You end your last post with more digs.
    You can't help yourself.

Ok its all about YOU

So come on Pingu lets discuss the half life of radio active isotopes and whether the decaying units make a viable heat source as depicted in the film The Martian. Pingu, pingu, put that sardine down and listen...........

• Options
    MISTY4ME said:

WILL YOU ANSWER A FREAKING QUESTION, JUST ONCE.

Why if you have found a way around the RNG that you can exploit to make money would you actually make noise about it ????

If I spot an error in the market whilst trading I don't jump on a forum and let everybody know, I just quietly back or lay the trade and smile to myself.

Finally before I leave you to your own happy thoughts. If the RNG favours the worst players with the worst hands why can't I ever beat @MattBates @NOSTRI @MISTY4ME @FeelGroggy @Essexphil @Enut or any of the hundreds of better players on this site.

Bye. Be Lucky

WOW

......never thought I'd be included with 'PROPER' players :p

..... @HAYSIE take note :D:D

Was going to include @HAYSIE but couldn't bring myself to do it. :D:D