You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would you do ? ..... or what should you do ?

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    mumsie said:

When you have AA , just before you shove, try logging out and back in again to change the outcome.

Its all cool, if you think its a bad idea to be logging out when there is an avalanche of unlikely outcomes before returning several hours later.... hey you got some who found it funny too!

Im not entirely sure you guys play poker, but use the forum....
  • Options
    I mean some of you is even advising the greatly 'wet behind the ears' question, that its a call!
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,243
    TheWaddy said:

mumsie said:

When you have AA , just before you shove, try logging out and back in again to change the outcome.

Its all cool, if you think its a bad idea to be logging out when there is an avalanche of unlikely outcomes before returning several hours later.... hey you got some who found it funny too!

Im not entirely sure you guys play poker, but use the forum....
    Says Mr. £1 HUSNG.
  • Options
    Says Mr serial depositor.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,671
    TheWaddy said:

@TheEdge949 you just got owned by thewaddy. :p
  • Options
    Do i click 'lol' now, never had a positive response before!

Misty4Me, i saw JohnMonty call with just K10 on the bubble of such a tournament, which wud have left him decimated from a comfortable qualifying position.

As he appears to be a respected player on here, I think we just have to accept your taking advice from some of the poorest players you could ask.....

You had basically won your place and had no need to play any further. Another player has touched on how much the short stacks had, they would be the ones having to gamble and the blind increase would panic them.

8bb is alot of hands to come round to you to face it again, its stands to reason that the game will end far before this, especially with furher increases.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,175
    TheWaddy said:

Do i click 'lol' now, never had a positive response before!

Misty4Me, i saw JohnMonty call with just K10 on the bubble of such a tournament, which wud have left him decimated from a comfortable qualifying position.

As he appears to be a respected player on here, I think we just have to accept your taking advice from some of the poorest players you could ask.....

You had basically won your place and had no need to play any further. Another player has touched on how much the short stacks had, they would be the ones having to gamble and the blind increase would panic them.

8bb is alot of hands to come round to you to face it again,

its stands to reason that the game will end far before this, especially with furher increases.
    @TheWaddy

I don't know where you got 8bb left from.......... I think you must see things different to the facts.

I assume (ALWAYS dangerous) you mean the A-Aces hand that I called the SHOVE with.

I would have had 6.5bb left if I'd FOLDED the A-Aces, and I would have been in the 600chip SB next hand .....so 6bb left.

........ What better hand than A-Aces am I going to get in the following few Orbits ? :*
  • Options
    Cool, just call next time again then

• Options
    As you say the one thing you learnt is that you were very unlucky and thats all :o

Maybe take apart the others who said fold too and be a bit more consistent, otherwise you may look a little bit like your in a clique or something :D
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,175
    TheWaddy said:

As you say the one thing you learnt is that you were very unlucky and thats all :o

Maybe take apart the others who said fold too and be a bit more consistent, otherwise you may look a little bit like your in a clique or something :D

No one has actually said FOLD the A-Aces hand

.......except YOU :)
  • Options
    Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 280
    fold the aces sorry i just think 2 off money its not worth the risk even as a huge favourite
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Doubleme said:

TheWaddy said:

@TheWaddy

Still playing with the money I deposited in August and having great FUN playing a range of mtt from £2.20 to £11.

My skill doesn't extend to £1 games where I struggle to beat a single opponent despite knowing what cards the RNG is going to put on a turn and a river and then b1tching my bag off about it.

But I'll tell you what I'll play you 100 games at £1 PLO8 HUSNG if you're so superior, and that's not my game.

You win and I'll donate £100 to a charity you nominate, you lose and you admit that your theories about "online decks" are a crock of shyte.
  • Options
    SCOTFOXSCOTFOX Member Posts: 188
    Strange that the people with all the high opinions are rated about 3/10 and constantly raise with rubbish. LMAO.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

TheWaddy said:

I think maybe you should ask that specific question, essexphil touched on it and would be dependent on just what the shorter stacks actully held. In most cases folding AA would be the optimum play here, just as its for 15 seats and a totally different scenario to a cash pool tournement. You should in most cases be able to fold to win. It could backfire, but also calling here did....

I think like Spike4000 and one or others recognise this fairly basic play....
  • Options

Doubleme said:

TheWaddy said:

@TheWaddy

Still playing with the money I deposited in August and having great FUN playing a range of mtt from £2.20 to £11.

My skill doesn't extend to £1 games where I struggle to beat a single opponent despite knowing what cards the RNG is going to put on a turn and a river and then b1tching my bag off about it.

But I'll tell you what I'll play you 100 games at £1 PLO8 HUSNG if you're so superior, and that's not my game.

You win and I'll donate £100 to a charity you nominate, you lose and you admit that your theories about "online decks" are a crock of shyte.
    Im not sure how a complete novice beating me over 100 games would leave me having to admit that my theories are wrong.... ;)

But feel free to sit when im there....
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,078
    edited November 2023
    TheWaddy said:

MISTY4ME said:

TheWaddy said:

I think maybe you should ask that specific question, essexphil touched on it and would be dependent on just what the shorter stacks actully held. In most cases folding AA would be the optimum play here, just as its for 15 seats and a totally different scenario to a cash pool tournement. You should in most cases be able to fold to win. It could backfire, but also calling here did....

I think like Spike4000 and one or others recognise this fairly basic play....
    Here's something I wasn't expecting to say-I agree with this :)

The QQ is an easy fold. Whether or not the AA is a fold is largely dependant on 2 things. Firstly size of the 2 (or 4) shortest stacks. So-if all 4 are 4,000 chips+, then probably a call. If 2 or 3 are under 2,000, it is a fold. Also, by this time, you should have the other 2 tables up-how willing are people to call on the other tables has to be a factor.

I suspect what I would do with the AA is call. But, at least 50% of the time, what I should do is fold...

PS-you keep referring to a "clique" on here. Most people do not know each other-the only common thread is a love of poker.

PPS-people do, and should, raise with rubbish in this position. Simply because it is much more difficult to call in this specific scenario, unless you are top 2/bottom 2.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,427
    I am just not a good enough player to fold queens never mind aces.

Although I did say when we discussed this prior to you starting this thread, that I thought that if you applied the same logic you used to fold the queens, then you would surely fold the aces as well.

I also think that it is impossible to provide a definitive answer without knowing the stack sizes of the bottom four players.
    If they were really short it might have changed my mind.

I respect the opinion of @StayOrGo, who has provided the most comprehensive answer so far.
    The starting stack size was 2,000 chips.
    So based on the 70% rule that he quoted, the aces were a fold.
    The stacks of the bottom 4 are critical, to making the correct decision.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Doubleme said:

TheWaddy said:

@TheWaddy

Im not sure how a complete novice beating me over 100 games would leave me having to admit that my theories are wrong.... ;)

But feel free to sit when im there....
    Strange then that you are never there when I come looking.

A complete novice beating you over 100 games would show the whole forum that it's not RNG manipulation but your own inabilities that are a problem. Especially as you proclaim to know what's coming in any given scenario.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Yawn ....knowing what is coming can only induce a fold, we have discussed this numerous times! Not exactly going to guarantee a win, folding hands..... Its clear to me that it is the misinterpretation of what i write, that is the problem with most arguments here.

Of course and then we have Misty saying im the 'only one' saying fold the aces in big capitals.

'Strange' im not there?? Is the next clique claim going to be that i dont play now..... Oh and the 'inabilities'.... i deposited once, must be 4/5yrs ago now....

I mean at least read the claims properly if your going to attempt to shoot them down.....
  • Options
    Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 280
    HAYSIE said:

I am just not a good enough player to fold queens never mind aces.

Although I did say when we discussed this prior to you starting this thread, that I thought that if you applied the same logic you used to fold the queens, then you would surely fold the aces as well.

I also think that it is impossible to provide a definitive answer without knowing the stack sizes of the bottom four players.
    If they were really short it might have changed my mind.

I respect the opinion of @StayOrGo, who has provided the most comprehensive answer so far.
    The starting stack size was 2,000 chips.
    So based on the 70% rule that he quoted, the aces were a fold.
    The stacks of the bottom 4 are critical, to making the correct decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpPWQRzwmU8

watch until about 0:40

see lex on a bubble of a 10k seat, 4/9 8 seats and folds aces pre.
    literally one of THE best itw and he folds them and if you keep watching he gives analysis and then also shows him win a 10K SEAT

me and @TheWaddy are right i believe