You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would you do ? ..... or what should you do ?

Comments

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    TheWaddy said:

Im glad you recognise that its just about only my posts that create interest. Thats because i talk about poker and readers recognise what im saying.

Its just a shame the vast majority are too afraid to comment and leave it to when we meet at the tables .... where they invariably agree..... hence the 2k reads, but just the same 7 people or so aggressively putting me down.

You cant ignore the reads and the fact that this shows the sheer numbers too afraid to speak their minds! Because when they can disagree and join in with the clique, they do so, as its a safe option....

A couple supported me on the bullying aspect a while back... and that thread was quickly closed down... so they know if they give any support whatsoever that its frowned upon. They know its not worth it. I will leave you to your caravan, short wearers at golf and other amazing topics you guys seem to like.

Online poker talk on an online poker forum, seems to be off the menu.....

It truly is amazing how deluded you really are.....
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    DELUDE | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary
    Cambridge Dictionary
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org › dictionary › delude
    8 days ago — to fool yourself into believing something is true because you want it to be true, when it is actually not true:

You are saying you believe in online poker.... Oh i want it to be true too, but 12yrs of insane hands, well, you know the rest...

But some people fool themselves into believing its true, because they want it to be true.....
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

TheWaddy said:

Im glad you recognise that its just about only my posts that create interest. Thats because i talk about poker and readers recognise what im saying.

Its just a shame the vast majority are too afraid to comment and leave it to when we meet at the tables .... where they invariably agree..... hence the 2k reads, but just the same 7 people or so aggressively putting me down.

You cant ignore the reads and the fact that this shows the sheer numbers too afraid to speak their minds! Because when they can disagree and join in with the clique, they do so, as its a safe option....

A couple supported me on the bullying aspect a while back... and that thread was quickly closed down... so they know if they give any support whatsoever that its frowned upon. They know its not worth it. I will leave you to your caravan, short wearers at golf and other amazing topics you guys seem to like.

HENDRIK62 said:

TheWaddy said:

1 posts with my involvement often get 1k+ reads
    2 I only post threads about poker
    3 3.3k reads, around 15 have left any comment
    4 A thread was closed down immediately, as soon as a player highlighted what could be construed as bullying from the clique
    5 There have been threads from the clique have been about caravan ownership and wearing shorts to play golf

Thats a lot of completely true statements in a post that is meant to be deluded!
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,493
    edited November 2023
    Have the Clique said anything positive that you are willing to take onboard. ?
  • Options
    I have been teasing you along with others the reason we wish you to stay with Sky Poker as the best of the bunch.......
  • Options
    We are not your enemy we are participants
  • Options
    I know Goldon u offer banter and don’t go further than that. I know you r a good egg! U keep it light… even when we don’t know wot you’re on about!

There’s a few who are prepared to have a poker conversation… a few though is a poor return on a poker forum! Then there’s the ones who just put aggression up and offer nothing else.

No idea why people like Jac, Hendrik, rabdeniro, etc get that upset over something they play on but have no ownership in and why they would be popular behaving in that manner…. Each to their own!
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    I don’t think anyone gets upset
    We just think that you’re one of those idiots who comes along every so often.
    They usually get bored in the end and go and troll other forums
    Hopefully that’s the case with you
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:
    even when we don’t know wot you’re on about!

Yep! sorry about that..... The Clique used to ask me " What Planet you from "

They later agreed it was ... URANUS
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

That kind of thing.....
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    I actually played @TheWaddy in 4, £1 HUSNG PLO8 games yesterday. It was a fun, cheap way to while away 90 minutes or so.

No I didn't win any, which seems somewhat contrary to Mr Waddys theories and although he went to great pains to frequently point out "enhanced Hands" to me, all I saw was a typical PLO8 game where draw and redraw occurred with regularity.

As far as his belief that the deck is enhanced to favour the weaker player, I can only deduce in light of my 4-0 defeat that I am the much superior player and that the deck was helping the weaker player (him) to win.

Of course I fully accept that I am an absolute noob at PLO8 and that he is a much better player than me. However, you'd think that with the RNG programme on my side I would at least have a 25% win rate.

That's unless the theory is wrong and it's just normal variance.

• Options
    Jac35 said:

That kind of thing.....

I actually played @TheWaddy in 4, £1 HUSNG PLO8 games yesterday. It was a fun, cheap way to while away 90 minutes or so.

No I didn't win any, which seems somewhat contrary to Mr Waddys theories and although he went to great pains to frequently point out "enhanced Hands" to me, all I saw was a typical PLO8 game where draw and redraw occurred with regularity.

As far as his belief that the deck is enhanced to favour the weaker player, I can only deduce in light of my 4-0 defeat that I am the much superior player and that the deck was helping the weaker player (him) to win.

Of course I fully accept that I am an absolute noob at PLO8 and that he is a much better player than me. However, you'd think that with the RNG programme on my side I would at least have a 25% win rate.

That's unless the theory is wrong and it's just normal variance.

Id have thought id have got a little credit for not running straight in here to post the result!

For the umpteenth time.... try and take it in.... enhanced hands does not favour the weak player in giving them cards to win... its just enhanced hands for everyone..... the natural result of enhanced hands ....if you try to play poker correctly but in an online game...will be a good player making big bets to give the poorer player no odds to hit what they are chasing... but they will hit the hands far more often.... therefore the poor calling will beat the seasoned player far more than odds dictate.

There only has to be an enhanced hand deck for this to work, it does not favour a weak player per se. If a good player does not adjust to enhanced hands, the result will be breaking even. Which almost everyone does not adjust, as they stubbornly believe its just a bad run.

Now then, i have adjusted my game radically, to not get into building huge pots with big big hands, despite being HU, if there are cards left to come... as you will be bitten far more often, in fact all the time... so winning poker you know is not winning poker online.

I did manage to do a running commentary AFTER several silly hands, for about the next 7 dealt hands... We had Nut lo V nut hi hands, trips flopping that made a backdoor flush for the other, flopped nut hi straights that the other scooped (my personal fave never wins hand) for absolutely all those next 7 hands. I then typed 'you get the idea, il stop now', as it would have become annoying... but the hands still came after that!

Bit disappointed i wasnt able to open your eyes to the mega premium holdings we both had over 4 games... at just a one on one game, but then again your still not getting how enhanced works so......
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,352
    Whats this about?

"Id have thought id have got a little credit for not running straight in here to post the result!"

How would you like this little credit to be worded ?

• Options
    Oh and we still got 96 games to go havent we? I did sit with you in good faith after being criticised for not doing so.... :o
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Oh and we still got 96 games to go havent we? I did sit with you in good faith after being criticised for not doing so.... :o

Absolutely. I issued a challenge and like any challenge I undertake, I shall certainly honour it. I will be knocking around tomorrow after 1.30 if you fancy a few games.
  • Options
    i will try to be around at that time.... just lost 2-1 to guy who clearly had no idea what was going on.... just about not possible in a slow structured PL game, but ive said it many times before.... absolutely the hardest games, due to the chases that get specific runners at a fantastic pace....
  • Options
    @TheWaddy
    i will try to be around at that time...

TheEdge949 said:
    I issued a challenge

Nothing to prove the result in and your not a Omaha high/low player.
    You don't play them all the time so your at disadvantage against TheWaddy.

Why top him up save your money for good causes not lost ones. hic!
  • Options
    Because I enjoy taking on things that are outside my comfort zone.

I love it where it's not safe, where it's edgey and a little bit scary. That's why in the past I liked to hang off mountains, race motorbikes, work doors, compete in martial arts and have a what don't kill me makes me stronger outlook.

The broken bones, battered body, bruised limbs and constant adrenalin surges. The frequent "Wow that was close" moments and the realisation that you only really live when you put it all on the line is what motivated me, and to some extent still does

I can't help it, that's how I'm wired.
  • Options
    Ok! your you call, just saying you could become a poor Adrenalin junkie.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    goldon said:

@TheWaddy
    i will try to be around at that time...

TheEdge949 said:
    I issued a challenge

Nothing to prove the result in and your not a Omaha high/low player.
    You don't play them all the time so your at disadvantage against TheWaddy.

Why top him up save your money for good causes not lost ones. hic!

Agree with this Don.
    It’s like Fury fighting Ngannou
    Oh wait….