You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Supreme Court rules the Government's Rwanda policy is UNLAWFUL

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    Bean81 said:

Where should France return the people to?

Rawanda springs to mind.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    Bean81 said:

I'm sure the Asylum Seekers could choose many of the countries that they travel through, and seek asylum there.

If they are being persecuted that badly, any country has got to be better than where they are coming from

As Tony @HAYSIE says..... if they were immediately returned back having forked out several thousand pounds, do you think they would pay up again for the same thing to happen ?

....it would be like pouring money into the Channel. Word would soon get round that it isn't worth it, and the Asylum Seekers would look for a different option.

It's about time our 'Border Force' did just that .....and enforce our Borders. Instead of us being the Mugs who keep pouring money away.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,240
    MISTY4ME said:

Bean81 said:

I'm sure the Asylum Seekers could choose many of the countries that they travel through, and seek asylum there.

If they are being persecuted that badly, any country has got to be better than where they are coming from

As Tony @HAYSIE says..... if they were immediately returned back having forked out several thousand pounds, do you think they would pay up again for the same thing to happen ?

....it would be like pouring money into the Channel. Word would soon get round that it isn't worth it, and the Asylum Seekers would look for a different option.

It's about time our 'Border Force' did just that .....and enforce our Borders. Instead of us being the Mugs who keep pouring money away.
    We are just ar5eholes at immigration.
    Brexit apparently meant we could control our borders.
    A conservative estimate puts the number of illegals living here at around 1.5 million.
    We have a backlog of around 128,000 asylum applications.
    They currently take years to process.
    It appears there is no limit to the number of applications that can be submitted.
    £360M last year in legal aid.
    We only deport failed asylum seekers if they agree.
    £8M per day in hotel bills.
    We accept sex offenders on the basis they may be abused if deported.
    We cant track those that arrive on visas, and then disappear.
    There was a report the other day about losing 55,000 failed asylum seekers since 2010.
    Those that get caught working, refuse to disclose their true identity, and hide their passports.
    We cant deport them unless we know who they are, and where they came from.
    They are therefore bailed, and move on.
    We are ar5eholes.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    MISTY4ME said:

Bean81 said:

My point was that the idea proposed inevitably leads to returning asylum seekers to where they came from. That's not a world I want to live in.

The only way migration and asylum seeking gets solved is through a mature, global collaboration. I won't hold my breath on that. I'm also fed up with this being a distraction issue when we have a healthcare system on its knees, rising inequality and a whole host of other major problems that are more important.
  • Options
  • Options
    Tory Minister Mocked For Asking If Rwanda And Congo Are Different Countries

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/tory-minister-mocked-bbc-time-210018989.html
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,281
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/what-makes-britain-look-so-great-to-migrants-in-france/ar-AA1nF7lc

An interesting read. In theory the initial financial benefits are similar, but in France you are housed in shanty towns whereas in the UK you get a house or a hotel.
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    Bean81 said:

They could try Germany as it was Merkel who said they would take them all without asking , she just said come to Germany , made sense really they kept the useful ones and sent the others on there way
  • Options
    HANSON said:

Bean81 said:

They could try Germany as it was Merkel who said they would take them all without asking , she just said come to Germany , made sense really they kept the useful ones and sent the others on there way
    Germany is the biggest host country for refugees in Europe, with almost 1.24 million refugees and 233 000 asylum seekers in the middle of 20211. Half of the refugees are from Syria1. The number of Syrians in Germany was estimated at around 800,000 people in March 2021, making it the third largest community of foreign nationals (after Turks and Poles)2. Despite fears in host communities, Germany has successfully created a path to employment for newcomers, while managing social tensions3.

People also ask
    Ask Copilot
    Is Germany a good place for Syrian refugees?
    Germany has welcomed an influx of more than 1.4 million refugees in recent years, most of them Syrians fleeing a war zone at home for safety in Europe. Despite fears in host communities, Germany has successfully created a path to employment for newcomers, while managing social tensions.
    Germany’s Syrian Refugee Integration Experiment - The Century Founda…

archpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13…
    Ask Copilot
    Are Syrians reshaping Germany?
    Syrians now represent the largest Muslim minority in Germany after Turks. Since 2010, their numbers in the country have risen from around 30,000 to almost 800,000. Most arrived as refugees after the outbreak of the civil war, and they are reshaping the country, much like Turkish migrants did for decades.
    How Syrians Are Reshaping German Society - DER SPIEGEL

www.spiegel.de/international/germany/how-syrians-are-re…
    Feedback

DER SPIEGEL
    https://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/how-syrians-are-reshapi
    How Syrians Are Reshaping German Society - DER SPIEGEL
    WEB23 Jul 2020 · A large portion of the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees who arrived in Germany in 2015 are planning to stay in the country for good. They have changed much over the past five years,...

Estimated Reading Time: 6 mins

Global web icon
    DW
    https://www.dw.com/en/syrian-refugees-find-a-safe-haven-in-germa
    Syrian refugees find a safe haven in Germany – DW – 03/15/2021
    Recognition and ReservationsRefuge only TemporaryDeportation of "Potentially-Dangerous People"Election Year
    The German authorities, charities, and other private initiatives have worked hard for many years now to try and ensure that refugees are integrated into German society. The focus has been on language skills and access to the labor market. Nevertheless, employment rates are still well below the national average. Which can, at least in part, be put d...
    See more on dw.com
    Global web icon
    Center for Global Development
    https://www.cgdev.org/blog/five-years-l
  • Options
    Bean81 said:

MISTY4ME said:

Bean81 said:

My point was that the idea proposed inevitably leads to returning asylum seekers to where they came from. That's not a world I want to live in.

No it doesnt.
    The proposal is that they should be returned to France.
    A safe country.
    I believe we should have safe routes for asylum seekers, and set a limit on the number that we are prepared to accept.
    I dont have a clue as to what that number might be.
    We currently dont have a limit, or safe routes.
    The alternative is that we accept as many as the people smugglers are prepared to send.
    You surely cant be in favour of unlimited numbers?

The only way migration and asylum seeking gets solved is through a mature, global collaboration. I won't hold my breath on that. I'm also fed up with this being a distraction issue when we have a healthcare system on its knees, rising inequality and a whole host of other major problems that are more important.
    If we just did our bit it would be a step forward.
    We just havent got a clue.

Sky News did a report into asylum seekers two weeks ago.
    The report went back to 2010.
    Since then we have asked those with failed applications if they would like to be deported.
    Those that have refused, are still here.
    They seem to be able to appeal against a refusal, and complete as many new applications as they wish.
    I believe they said we spent £360million last years on Legal Aid in respect of their representation going through this process.
    They interviewed a woman from Zimbabwe.
    She has been in the country for 18 years since her first failed application.
    She was unsure of whether she is now on her 5th or 6th asylum application.
    They said there was no record of at least 55,000 failed asylum seekers leaving the country since 2010.
    This was in addition to allowing a sex offender to stay, based on the reaction at home, if he was refused, and returned.
    Then you have the Bulgarians that falsely claimed £50million in benefits.
    Lots of people seemed to be attracted to our country because they know they can take the pi55.
    There seems to be no limit to our incompetence.
  • Options
    edited April 27
    French police slice migrant boat with knife and use pepper spray to thwart crossing

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/pictured-french-police-puncture-migrant-190022284.html
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    HAYSIE said:

French police slice migrant boat with knife and use pepper spray to thwart crossing

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/pictured-french-police-puncture-migrant-190022284.html

That's a bit more like it .....tho' I'm surprised the 'People Smugglers' didn't still send the boat into the Water.

Tony.....doesn't that French Policeman with knife look like Steve (Mandela) from Seasons :D
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

That's a bit more like it .....tho' I'm surprised the 'People Smugglers' didn't still send the boat into the Water.

Tony.....doesn't that French Policeman with knife look like Steve (Mandela) from Seasons :D
    Yeah, perhaps it is.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

Yeah, perhaps it is.
    Cant be.
    If it was Wendy would have been close by.
  • Options
  • Options
    Home Office to detain asylum seekers across UK in shock Rwanda operation

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/home-office-detain-asylum-seekers-102406341.html
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Thousands of migrants bound for deportation to Rwanda are ‘missing’

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/thousands-migrants-bound-deportation-rwanda-235728174.html
  • Options
    Isnt that a bit like saying that the small boats are working for France?

Asylum seekers crossing to Ireland shows Rwanda scheme is working - Heaton-Harris

https://www.independent.ie/videos/irish-news/asylum-seekers-crossing-to-ireland-shows-rwanda-scheme-is-working-heaton-harris/a102938109.html