You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

RNG gets worse

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    I won a flip v Matt Bates last week - now that’s selective memory 😊
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

The reason ive not posted any hands on here is...I CANT. I play on a netbook and even though ive tried to upload hands following the advice given in other threads this thing will not do it so i hope that puts an end to the implication that im lying. Do people on here seriously think ive nothing better to do than come on here and tell lies? I want this site to be better because i ACTUALLY enjoy playing on here(s### RNG and all). I posted about a great tournie i played in on here only last week. However every criticism/suggestion is met by the usual attacks about selective memory etc. I also find it strange how its always the same people who immediately jump to defend sky-i wasnt attacking sky so this baffles me. I actually won an SPT seat last friday(even though sharkscope doesnt seem to want to acknowledge this haha) so theres plenty im happy with as well. I just think the RNG needs looking at if others dont fine.

Yes.
  • Options
    Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,340

i wont be going. If you get made as welcome in real life as you do on here then ill happily give it a miss. Wont bother posting anything else either ill leave it to the regs.

i wont be going. If you get made as welcome in real life as you do on here then ill happily give it a miss. Wont bother posting anything else either ill leave it to the regs.

i would say all or the vast majority are very welcoming and take a lot of there time to help players as much as they can, and also like to have a laugh and a joke as well. how else we gonna get over all these bad beats :)

it would be shame for you to waste your seat after winning it because of this thread. i kind of understand what you mean but to me it makes know sense it has to be random theres no explanation for it. the chance of wining the euromillions are astronomical but it happens the same 3 numbers come out in 3 weeks in a row chance are slim but it happens.

BBMIKE i think earlier posted the odds... god know how u figure that out. but my point is people are trying to respond with questions, and your getting very defensive. but to me there is not logic to day the rng is bad ... what is good rng? is there such a thing?
  • Options
    Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,340
    no not "know" I'm a honking typer there is prob a lot more mistakes
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,262
    Chris_Mc said:

no not "know" I'm a honking typer there is prob a lot more mistakes

Ha, that's a new one on me but I enjoyed it.

I'll have an even fiver that SR23 nicks that.

Banging post, banging.
  • Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 437

This is not a bad beat or sky is rigged post but the rng on here is getting pathetic. Playing in a 50 pound rebuy tourny this morning and within 45 mins 4 boards flop trips one of which became quads on the turn(4 5s). I wasnt bad beat or beaten at all in any of these hands but seriously? Having played on here a lot over the last couple of weeks,mainly in micro/low stakes mtts, with a few cashes im not slating the site or complaining its rigged against me but its beginning to feel like its not just the players i have to beat but the rng as well.Is it not possible for the skypoker team to at least look at this rng?

Hi there, we take game fairness very seriously and if we thought for a moment the RNG was broken we would launch a thorough investigation and suspend all play. I did look into your hands in that tournament as having 4 flops as trips did seem pretty unlikely. It only happened twice though so I don't think this occurrence is that improbable.
  • Options

So is this the point where we are all supposed to say ''oh no, you've got to come, it would be such a shame if your seat goes to waste'' etc etc, right?

Wrong.

If you come on here and post ridiculous stuff about Sky, it's reputation and its players, then you're gonna get a negative reaction. It would be the same if you walked into a pub and started slating the beer, or into a restaurant and had a go at the food.

You are saying you want the RNG to be more random ffs (just sit and think about that for a minute); talk about leaving yourself wide open to ridicule. And it's not the first time, you have previous for similar stuff.

I don't care either way if you go to Manchester SPT or not. You'd probably have a great time, but I'm not sure how much you'd enjoy it with your current 'woe is me' attitude.

Don't worry, I'll let you buy me a beer by way of apology if you do show your face.

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    tomgoodun said:

I won a flip v Matt Bates last week - now that’s selective memory 😊

fake news
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
  • Options

The OP has gone back & edited all his posts, thus destroying the thread.

The edit facility exists for a good reason- responsible posters asked for it to be retained, & I agreed.

Do not do that again.
  • Options

This is not a bad beat or sky is rigged post but the rng on here is getting pathetic. Playing in a 50 pound rebuy tourny this morning and within 45 mins 4 boards flop trips one of which became quads on the turn(4 5s). I wasnt bad beat or beaten at all in any of these hands but seriously? Having played on here a lot over the last couple of weeks,mainly in micro/low stakes mtts, with a few cashes im not slating the site or complaining its rigged against me but its beginning to feel like its not just the players i have to beat but the rng as well.Is it not possible for the skypoker team to at least look at this rng?

Hi there, we take game fairness very seriously and if we thought for a moment the RNG was broken we would launch a thorough investigation and suspend all play. I did look into your hands in that tournament as having 4 flops as trips did seem pretty unlikely. It only happened twice though so I don't think this occurrence is that improbable.
    Twice?

The OP said it happened THREE times.

• Options
    allibone03allibone03 Member Posts: 99
    i wont be on here again im closing my account now.
  • Options

i wont be on here again im closing my account now.

See you tomorrow.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    Stick around I had to endure stick fight your corner.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Twice?

The OP said it happened THREE times.

CORRECTION

The OP: wrote that it happened FOUR TIMES.

Sky James - who can access these things - said that it actually happened TWICE.

• Options

The OP removed all his posts on this thread, but this is what he wrote:

"This is not a bad beat or sky is rigged post but the RNG on here is getting pathetic.

Playing in a 50 pound rebuy tourney this morning and within 45 minutes 4 boards flop trips one of which became quads on the turn (4 5's)."

Sky James has stated it happened TWICE, not 4 times.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Ok so it wasn't the definition of board trips, it was the understanding of the number 4.

So, redoing the calcs, the probability of an XXX board occurring in the next 99 hands (and I've guessed volume of flops seen based on 45mins of play) after the first is a surprising 2%, a 1 in 50 shot.
  • Options
    my mistake having just gone back through hh 666 1019am hand number #1249754356 555 which turned a 5 937am #1249749919 the other one turned the trip on the turn(my mistake) 936am #1249749880 the other hand was in my head apparently which i hold my hand up to. If skyjames would like to upload these on my behalf he is more than welcome as i cant. Im trying to close account but the chat wont open.any suggestions tikay?
  • Options
    the 3rd hand was 7kk turn k
  • Options

the 3rd hand was 7kk turn k

You said "flop trips". The flop does not include the turn.