You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club - let's lose weight, quit smoking & be more healthy in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Getting back on track.

Lost 2 1bs in what was a difficult week with stress and long hours (I have started teaching part time and experienced my first Ofsted visit).

So I'm back down to my previous low of 14st 9 1lb and a 7lb loss overall.

Very solid numbers there Tikay.

Omm well done for posting despite a bad week, I came back from one last week. Sure you can do it too.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    omm said:

omm said:

Starting 18.4
    Week one 18.0
    Week two 18.1

Took a picture but its on my phone not iPad, not to unhappy with that as I've had a bad week (not tough as the choices have been mine). Looking back the last two weeks were always going to be challenging, not just the conference but it's half term this week and also my anniversary which is the only time of the year the wife and I do something for ourselves and spoil each other. I'm actually quite pleased that I'm still 3lb under starting.

Back to work on Monday, in fact I've got an internal job interview for a position that I really want. Certainly a reason to get the llbs off.

Goodluck all at SPT and learn to embrace the variance for fat club as much as the cards.

Week 3 18.4

Oh dear, all in my mindset, didn’t get the job I was going for and like any weak person I couldnt give a toss after that. Haven’t excersised in a week and today was the first day I ate porridge (makes a big difference to how hungry I feel).

Positive is that I still wanted to update rather than shy away. Not sure how to snap out of it.
    It's just a blip, keep going, you'll soon be back on track.

PS - Does eating porridge really help you eat less overall?
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Very well done, Tony-and saving on your heating bill, too! Always appear taller when hovering a few inches above the floor

Me: start:20-2
    Last week 19-1
    This week 19-1

Considering the liquid/fried diet last weekend, ok. Now I want to feel "18" again...

Solid, Phil, solid, especially as the SPT messes things up.
  • Options
    ommomm Member Posts: 444
    Tikay10 said:

omm said:

omm said:

Starting 18.4
    Week one 18.0
    Week two 18.1

Took a picture but its on my phone not iPad, not to unhappy with that as I've had a bad week (not tough as the choices have been mine). Looking back the last two weeks were always going to be challenging, not just the conference but it's half term this week and also my anniversary which is the only time of the year the wife and I do something for ourselves and spoil each other. I'm actually quite pleased that I'm still 3lb under starting.

Back to work on Monday, in fact I've got an internal job interview for a position that I really want. Certainly a reason to get the llbs off.

Goodluck all at SPT and learn to embrace the variance for fat club as much as the cards.

Week 3 18.4

Oh dear, all in my mindset, didn’t get the job I was going for and like any weak person I couldnt give a toss after that. Haven’t excersised in a week and today was the first day I ate porridge (makes a big difference to how hungry I feel).

Positive is that I still wanted to update rather than shy away. Not sure how to snap out of it.
    It's just a blip, keep going, you'll soon be back on track.

PS - Does eating porridge really help you eat less overall?
    For me it just makes me feel full up a lot longer than when I don’t have it, that could be all in the mind as well but I’m sure oats are a slow release of energy.

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,032
    Update:
    Start Weight: 19st 9lbs
    Last Week: 18st 10lbs
    Current Weight (Week 7):

The 1lb loss puts me back in the 1 stone club. Happy to have lost as I was away on a course at work which included staying in a hotel, eating junk and not exercising. Back on track for the past couple of days though.

Well done to everybody else that lost and chin(s) up to those that didn't. It's going to be a long old slog but I'm confident that we can get there together.

Total loss: 1 Stone.

Still smoke free.
  • Options
    ^^^^

Brilliant, we have another member of the 1 stone Club.

Well done Ryan, bet that feels good?
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,032
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^

Brilliant, we have another member of the 1 stone Club.

Well done Ryan, bet that feels good?

Cheers.

Yeah it does feel good especially as it was unexpected after a pretty lazy start to the week. I think the biggest improvement for me as far as the diet is concerned is knocking needless drinking on the head. I would, without fail, get through a fridge pack of Stella every weekend just for the sake of having a drink. Pointless. I will drink on any nights out but that is all, no more drinking at home and I'm loving the hangover free weekends.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,053
    So, porridge.

I would urge anyone to try it. It really does keep the hunger away for longer than cereals or toast, etc.

I have a reasonably physical job.

Bowl of porridge (microwaved for speed and convenience) first thing.
    Dinner (lunch to southerners) about 7 hours later and nothing in between.

Good luck all.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

So, porridge.

I would urge anyone to try it. It really does keep the hunger away for longer than cereals or toast, etc.

I have a reasonably physical job.

Bowl of porridge (microwaved for speed and convenience) first thing.
    Dinner (lunch to southerners) about 7 hours later and nothing in between.

Good luck all.

For ease of use the sachets you can now get porridge in are great as the packet acts as a measurement tool for the amount of milk needed, empty the oats, fill the packet to the line with milk and microwave for 2:30. Little tip though, if you get the branded packet they are much cheaper in B and M than Adsa although sometimes the latter do them for £1 instead of £3. For those of you that are wild and crazy I suppose a normal box works out cheaper.

Just milk and sugar(I meant sweetener) for me although I have had with banana, raisins and honey.

• Options
    IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    Results:
    Week 1: 15st 9lbs
    Week 2: 15st 5lbs
    Week 3: 15st 3lbs
    Week 4: 15st 3lbs (well just over but I’m not counting in half pounds!)
    Week 5: 15st 3lbs

Did weigh in Friday but been very busy at work so no time for photo you'll have to take my word for it! Bit of a stressful time currently the wife has her 12th try for promotion this week so is understandably a bit anxious, she has had to study in evenings so a couple of takeaways have slipped in unfortunately. At least the weight isnt ballooning hopefully back on track soon!
  • Options
    ^^^^^

Decent results there. Not losing much right now, but at least you are not gaining, so there's the positive.

No photo? Does not matter. The photos of scales add a little dramatic effect, but nobody needs to prove anything on this thread, and if we cheat, it's not like poker, as we'd only be cheating ourselves.

Keep it going bud, & fingers crossed for your wife on attempt # 12.
  • Options

Results:
    Week 1: 15st 9lbs
    Week 2: 15st 5lbs
    Week 3: 15st 3lbs
    Week 4: 15st 3lbs (well just over but I’m not counting in half pounds!)
    Week 5: 15st 3lbs

Did weigh in Friday but been very busy at work so no time for photo you'll have to take my word for it! Bit of a stressful time currently the wife has her 12th try for promotion this week so is understandably a bit anxious, she has had to study in evenings so a couple of takeaways have slipped in unfortunately. At least the weight isnt ballooning hopefully back on track soon!

12th? How on earth has she stayed, I just missed out on one and I’m pulling my hair out thinking no one loves me and the world is gonna end.

Wish her all the best and hope she gets it this time.

• Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Weighing in a day early as I have a lot on tomorrow.

Down 2lbs to 17st 1lb.

Still smoking too much...

7lb overall loss.
  • Options
    BunnyBunnyBunnyBunny Member Posts: 31
    Can I join in late?? This is a long post - you may want tea and biscuit (rich tea are low calorie).

Here's the low down on me: 36yrs // 5' 1" // Diabetic (type 2, Insulin), asthmatic // 12st 13lb // BMI 34.1

Smoker and Sugar addict.

I have been a diabetic since I was in my teens and I am fortunate that my body is still working as well as it does considering I didn't start to manage my sugars until about 2 years ago. I know other diabetics who have suffered life altering ramifications from their diabetes so I am more than aware of the damage that has been potentially caused over the negligent years. I loathe my diabetes, the older I get the more my body reacts.

Sugar is not the enemy. Consuming sugar in the right way is what I am trying to re-educate myself to do in order to gain control of my very high sugars. I am medicated for my diabetes to the max and I am also Insulin resistant.
    I refuse to fill my body with harmful sweetners found in 'no added sugar' goods. I restrict my Carb intake as carbs are known to contain a high GI and contribute to high sugars. Carbs are also sugar and sugar is carb. There is no win win here for me, I need to accept that drinking a can of Redbull is not acceptable.

Solution: Cut down on the sugary drinks // reduce intake of potatoes, pasta, rice & bread // increase veggies & protein intake // avoid high sugar fruits

There are miles of room for improvement I see it and I know it.

Physical Steps to take in order to make positive change: Cut down on Take aways, aim for a reduction to 2 a month // Cut down on the sugary drinks, aim to ingest 1l of water to every 330ml of fizzy ensuring water is first beverage of choice. // Go to the gym, aim to attend 5 days a week and actually start to pursue the weight training I planned to start a month ago.

Mental pointers to remember; Change is slow, there were more years of evolution between the Triceratops and the T-Rex and there were between T-Rex and Homosapians - Slow but progressive // There is no failure just errors that need adjustment // Increase in lethargy or low energy is a product of too much sugar or carbs - check the intake and adjust // It is easy to become disheartened - seek support or ask for help when intrusive thoughts attack.

It's going to get emotional Chums..... I have put down the pie and am walking away from the chips.

See you in a week

Bunny x
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,278
    Welcome to chub club-wishing you every success

Phil
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Welcome aboard Bunny
  • Options
    omm said:

omm said:

Starting 18.4
    Week one 18.0
    Week two 18.1

Week 3 18.4

Week 4 18.3

Loss is a loss but I’ve not had looking after myself at the forefront of my mind. Have been back on Porridge and a few soups but could have done much better.

I’m in abit of a rut with work. Need to work it out in my head and then I’ll be able to focus more on this. JUst not quite sure how to.

• Options

Every little helps, Ommy, well done.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Update after week 8;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 0lbs

Weight after week 4 = 13st 12lbs

Weight after week 5 = 13st 10lbs

Weight after week 6 = 13st 9lbs

Weight after week 7 = 13st 8lbs

Weight after week 8 = 13st 5lbs

Total loss to date is exactly 1 stone & 7lbs in 8 weeks (just over 2.5lbs per week).

Really pleased with that. I've upped my daily walk lengths, & even in the dire weather this week, gone out twice every day. Never much fancy going, but always feels great when I get back.

So a 3lb loss is really encouraging.

Gonna do my best to say goodbye to 13st + before March is out, & get into the upper 12's.
  • Options
    That’s the way to do it Tikay. Steady and solid.