You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR

Comments

• Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited February 2014
    Very nice work JC
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited February 2014
    Just played 14 £1.15s W 8 L 6. Also satted into UKOPS Event 3 so pretty happy with my night, I wanted to play Event 3 as it's a doublestack.

Anyway just wanted to update on both poker points and league points:

I'm currently on 635 poker points and have gained a few of these from UKOPS sats, forum DTD etc. This is cheating a bit in terms of gaining poker points. So what I am hopefully going to do is finish the month on 1200-1500 poker points. That way I can safely discard the extra points and keep the £15 C4P payment in my bankroll. If I finish the month on less than 1200 points I will withdraw £10 of the £15 and just add £5 to my bankroll. Hope that makes sense.

With regards to the league, I set myself a target of top 4. That's not looking too good right now as I am well down the league and nearly 2000 points behind 4th place. But I'm not going to adjust my target just yet. There's a long way to go, I'm capable of some decent grinding and I should have more time on my hands after UKOPS and when I get used to working a day job lol.

My immediate targets then are to have a long grind on Saturday (depending how well things fall for me I may set a target of 100 games for the day) and to reach £45 so I can move upto the £2.25s, either on Saturday or before then (Thursday or Friday night).

BR - £39.27
  • Options
    stretch83stretch83 Member Posts: 149
    edited February 2014
    Hi JC,

I am very new to poker, and have been playing on the site for about a month now.  I read your DYM strategy a few days ago, and cannot thank you enough.  DYM seems to suit my careful approach to the game, and so far I have turned a £15 BR to £17.95 on 60p DYMS in a few short hours.  My goal is to Level up to £1.15s by the end of the week, and try to reach 500 poker points by the end of the month.

Current standings

BR £17.95
    Poker points 205
    League Points 196

I have an amateurish question about poker points, if you earn say 500 and spend them on free-rolls do you still get the C4P bonus, or do you need to save your points in order to get the bonus + Free-roll into £500 guaranteed?

Good luck with your TSP goal, it sounds like you were unlucky in the last tournament.  I am sure if you keep the good positive approach you will achieve your goal sooner rather than later.

Nick AKA Stretch83
  • Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR:
    Hi JC, I am very new to poker, and have been playing on the site for about a month now.  I read your DYM strategy a few days ago, and cannot thank you enough.  DYM seems to suit my careful approach to the game, and so far I have turned a £15 BR to £17.95 on 60p DYMS in a few short hours.  My goal is to Level up to £1.15s by the end of the week, and try to reach 500 poker points by the end of the month. Current standings BR £17.95 Poker points 205 League Points 196 I have an amateurish question about poker points, if you earn say 500 and spend them on free-rolls do you still get the C4P bonus, or do you need to save your points in order to get the bonus + Free-roll into £500 guaranteed? Good luck with your TSP goal, it sounds like you were unlucky in the last tournament.  I am sure if you keep the good positive approach you will achieve your goal sooner rather than later. Nick AKA Stretch83
    Posted by stretch83
    If you click on my account under free stuff total poker points that's where the points will come off for playing freerolls won't affect your monthly total.Good luck at the tables and will probably see you at the tables while you are still in the micros.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : If you click on my account under free stuff total poker points that's where the points will come off for playing freerolls won't affect your monthly total.Good luck at the tables and will probably see you at the tables while you are still in the micros.
    Posted by belsibub
    Cheers Belsibub, I was a little unsure on how that worked.  I think our paths have crossed on the micros as I definitely recognise the name.  See you on the tables.

Just finished a short session on the 60p's

Played 7 won all 7.

Bankroll £20.75
    Poker points 212
    League Points 217

I didn't play too well, calling when there was no need.  However got lucky on a number of occasions, and got myself in a few sticky situations where I doubled up to get myself back in the game.

Luckiest moment I had :  I was on BB with 10 5, the board folded around to me and I was able to check to see the flop which was 10 10 5, I checked, the other player bet 400, I called, he bet another 400, I called again, he went all in and I called and went on to double up.

Anyway have taken a break, as was making dodgy decisions and I could have quite easily be reporting 7 losses.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Cheers Belsibub, I was a little unsure on how that worked.  I think our paths have crossed on the micros as I definitely recognise the name.  See you on the tables. Just finished a short session on the 60p's Played 7 won all 7. Bankroll £20.75 Poker points 212 League Points 217 I didn't play too well, calling when there was no need.  However got lucky on a number of occasions, and got myself in a few sticky situations where I doubled up to get myself back in the game. Luckiest moment I had :  I was on BB with 10 5, the board folded around to me and I was able to check to see the flop which was 10 10 5, I checked, the other player bet 400, I called, he bet another 400, I called again, he went all in and I called and went on to double up. Anyway have taken a break, as was making dodgy decisions and I could have quite easily be reporting 7 losses.
    Posted by stretch83

I loged back in for a cheeky quick DYM and sky have paid me a £5 bonus for gaining 75 poker points as a new player.  This just took me inside the £1.15 DYMs I immidiately played two and lost 1 and scraped through the other.  I played a 60p as had just dropped below £25 and I was completeley reckless again.  I seem to have lost my discipline on the bubble, need to rectify this.
  • Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Cheers Belsibub, I was a little unsure on how that worked.  I think our paths have crossed on the micros as I definitely recognise the name.  See you on the tables. Just finished a short session on the 60p's Played 7 won all 7. Bankroll £20.75 Poker points 212 League Points 217 I didn't play too well, calling when there was no need.  However got lucky on a number of occasions, and got myself in a few sticky situations where I doubled up to get myself back in the game. Luckiest moment I had :  I was on BB with 10 5, the board folded around to me and I was able to check to see the flop which was 10 10 5, I checked, the other player bet 400, I called, he bet another 400, I called again, he went all in and I called and went on to double up. Anyway have taken a break, as was making dodgy decisions and I could have quite easily be reporting 7 losses.
    Posted by stretch83
    Hey stretch, for a new player you're doing well :) like you say though try rising through the first few levels as soon as you feel comfortable as the rake in the micros is extortionate.

Keep it up and gl at the tables
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited February 2014

Hi stretch, great to have you on board mate, thanks for the kind words. Looks like you've got yourself off to a superb start there, keep up the good work. This is the best time to realise and rectify any discipline issues, right at the beginning, so I'm sure you'll be completely on top of them very soon. I wish you the very best of luck with your progress, please keep the updates coming, I will follow with interest as I'm sure others will.

As me I'm not playing tonight as I feel quite badly, just some cold or something but can't face multi-tabling. Hope it clears up by Saturday as still hoping for a decent grind then.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I might have slightly gone against your BRM advice by playing a £55 game with a £71 bankroll...

Turned out OK though :)

Gonna take this really serious now though as have been dabbling with cash recently due to boredom, I have £120.50 in my account and am going to try grinding that up in the £5.50s and hopefully graduate to the £11s.

GL
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi all,

Tonights sessions £1.15  Won 5 Lost 3

BR £27.70
    Poker Points 282 * in first 30 days (Just need 12 more points for £5 new player bonus)
    League Points 290

I struggled a lot tonight, I am finding that people at this level have a better idea of how DYM's work.  I could have very easily lost the last two I played as they went on for an age, the last DYM went on until level 11!! However I have a really nice opportunity to grind as many DYMs as possible due to the £5 for every 75 PP's earned as a new player, I have 5 days left to maximise earnings.  I am hoping this will offset any losses to keep my roll moving in the right direction as I get more comfortable with £1.15 DYMS

Thank you both for kind words, I really feel like I have made an improvement to my game, and seem to have got off to a good start. John,  I have found it really inspiring reading your blog and through this post , you really sold the idea of DYM's to me and I haven't looked back since.  I know it will sound like peanuts but I am delighted that I have turned my £15 Starting BR to £27.70 an absolutely incredible rate of interest.  Pokerfail, well done on your epic victory in the £55 ,you have got yourself a nice bankroll there mate!

Thanks again see you on the tables!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    A bad afternoon session, I started off playing a bit rash, towards the end I played better however got dumped out for 2nd time in a row by a Team 51 player, my King High flush  was beaten by his Ace high I tilted slightly after this and went All-in with 1000 chips left with Pocket 8's on the button, and I met Pocket A's. I think I played everything correctly.

W 4 L 5

I picked up a win on last DYM which managed to just keep me in the £1.15 bracket.  

BR £25.35
    Poker Points 300
    League Points 318

On a positive note I hit 300 Poker points, which should see me get a fiver credited to my account in the next few days.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    A bad afternoon session, I started off playing a bit rash, towards the end I played better however got dumped out for 2nd time in a row by a Team 51 player, my King High flush  was beaten by his Ace high I tilted slightly after this and went All-in with 1000 chips left with Pocket 8's on the button, and I met Pocket A's. I think I played everything correctly. W 4 L 5 I picked up a win on last DYM which managed to just keep me in the £1.15 bracket.   BR £25.35 Poker Points 300 League Points 318 On a positive note I hit 300 Poker points, which should see me get a fiver credited to my account in the next few days.
    Posted by stretch83
    Maybe you should "pretend" that £5 is already in your account so you can stay at the £1.15s longer? You'll be earning 2 points per game instead of 1 if you drop back down.

GL
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Maybe you should "pretend" that £5 is already in your account so you can stay at the £1.15s longer? You'll be earning 2 points per game instead of 1 if you drop back down. GL
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Followed your advice and am now back up to £26.45 (still awaiting new player bonus)!

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Talk about everyone being at the DYMs now! lol, look what you've started JC.

Gave you a bit of thanks on Channel 865 last night Matt, seen as it's basically you've I've got to thank for my big successes in DYMs so far.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Need a new target to get me interested again and have not got around to giving DYM,s a propper go so will start with £100 and play £5 DYM,s with no more than 2 tables at a time. If i,m doing ok I might throw in the odd satelite or STT as i got my 1st game of FL on here earlier as they are normally empty but it will be primarily DYM,s. You,ve probably being asked this before JC but in my experience the difference between £3 and £5 isn,t that much in standard , but is a much higher standard at £10 DYM,s . What do you think? MP I,ll give an update when ive played a few - Will probably need some advive along the way as well - cheers
    Posted by MP33
    Although I only have a very small sample in them (60 games) I do have a higher ROI in them than £3 and £5 games, so basically with table selection they can definitely be as soft, or even softer.

GL
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Followed your advice and am now back up to £26.45 (still awaiting new player bonus)!
    Posted by stretch83
    Grats :) keep on grinding!
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited February 2014

Need a new target to get me interested again and have not got around to giving DYM,s a propper go so will start with £100 and play £5 DYM,s with no more than 2 tables at a time.

If i,m doing ok I might throw in the odd satelite or STT as i got my 1st game of FL on here earlier as they are normally empty but it will be primarily DYM,s.

You,ve probably being asked this before JC but in my experience the difference between £3 and £5 isn,t that much in standard , but is a much higher standard at £10 DYM,s . What do you think?

MP

I,ll give an update when ive played a few - Will probably need some advive along the way as well - cheers

• Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Although I only have a very small sample in them (60 games) I do have a higher ROI in them than £3 and £5 games, so basically with table selection they can definitely be as soft, or even softer. GL
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Cheers - Thats interesting to know and also tempting to move up , but i,m gonna resist them for now - just sticking with £5 ones ( at least for the first few weeks)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Cheers - Thats interesting to know and also tempting to move up , but i,m gonna resist them for now - just sticking with £5 ones ( at least for the first few weeks)
    Posted by MP33
    Same here atm, i'm going to try and work my way up with JC's 22 buyin guide.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Cheers - Thats interesting to know and also tempting to move up , but i,m gonna resist them for now - just sticking with £5 ones ( at least for the first few weeks)
    Posted by MP33
    Yeah MP33, if you wanna take them seriously then definitely stick to JCs BRM rules. You can see all the details if you look back at my early posts in my DYM thread but basically when I first started, I was playing £5.50s with my £150 BR and I had a horrendous session where I did something like played 11 and lost 8 and I was about £30 down. So it's vital you stick to the BRM rules, because the profit can come in pretty fast with them but the losses can build up REALLY fast.

For instance, you start with £100, if you just get off to a bad start, bit of bad luck, you lose the first 5, you'll be down to £72.50 already and starting to get a bit panicky.

Good luck anyway!