You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

THREAD CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited December 2009
    I love the way people complain that this site is full of bad poker players.

I wish i could meet more of them lol

It happens often when someone complains that a player should never have called him.  What gives anyone the right to dictate how someone should play.

It happened to me recently,  I had a pair of Aces after the flop, two pair after the turn and a full house after the river,  by this time I was all in with someone and beat his flush.  He gave me loads of stick for beating him said I was an idiot,  I just laughed at him and pointed to the size of his stack. 

If you're not happy with the way that people play against you, don't moan about their play, come up with ways of improving your own.  

No one has the right to expect someone to play in a certain way.  

Bad beats are part of the game, if you don't like it take up Chess 
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited December 2009
    In Response to STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    AM TOTALLY FED UP. FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS ALL I HAVE BEEN DOING IN DEFENDING SKY AND IDIOT PLAYERS. BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH FOR WEEKS NOW ALL IVE COME ACROSS IS TOTAL CHANCERS/MUPPETS/IDIOTS AND WHAT MAKES IT WORSE THEY SEEM 2 WIN 9/10. I MOVED ON2 THIS SITE TO GET AWAY FROM THEM BUT THEY SEEM 2 B COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK.EVERY SINGLE TABLE IVE BEEN ON THEY R THERE HAVE LOST LOADS OF FRIENDS ON HERE 4 THIS VERY REASON. THERES NO LONGER SKILL NEEDED 2 WIN, JUST CHANCE! 4GET BEING A GOOD SOLID PLAYER, JUST CHANCE IT UR MORE LIKELY 2 WIN!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
     When I started playing here back in March I felt I was getting loads of terrible bad beats. I realised I was getting beat in a lot of hands where I shouldn't even have got involved but then I got lucky on the flop, thought I would take it down and then the other guy got "lucky" on the river. Yes, there were plenty of genuine bad beats, like I've got trip Ks on the flop against an ace high and he hts AA on turn and river (I had that beat twice in a month!). I got so frustrated I thought it must be rigged so I contacted the Alderney Gambling Commission (Sky poker regulator) and got them to send me their terms and conditions. The main thing I learnt is that the random number generator has to be tested and certified for "randomness" and that the site's games (including poker) has to be audited for randomness and fairness every month by an independent auditor. The only thing I was disatisfied with is that the commission would not tell me who the auditor is and would not send me any audit results. However, you have to accept that, although it would be technically possible to "tweak" the sofware to deal certain cards on turn and river ( I work in the software business so I have an idea how easy it would be) why would they do it and would they get away with it? I hear the moan that they rig the software to allow donks to hit and knock out decent players so that the tourneys finish more quickly but it just doesn't seem remotely likely that they could do it on any reputable poker site, especially one that is regulated and audited properly.
  • Options
    xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    In Response to STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! :  When I started playing here back in March I felt I was getting loads of terrible bad beats. I realised I was getting beat in a lot of hands where I shouldn't even have got involved but then I got lucky on the flop, thought I would take it down and then the other guy got "lucky" on the river. Yes, there were plenty of genuine bad beats, like I've got trip Ks on the flop against an ace high and he hts AA on turn and river (I had that beat twice in a month!). I got so frustrated I thought it must be rigged so I contacted the Alderney Gambling Commission (Sky poker regulator) and got them to send me their terms and conditions. The main thing I learnt is that the random number generator has to be tested and certified for "randomness" and that the site's games (including poker) has to be audited for randomness and fairness every month by an independent auditor. The only thing I was disatisfied with is that the commission would not tell me who the auditor is and would not send me any audit results. However, you have to accept that, although it would be technically possible to "tweak" the sofware to deal certain cards on turn and river ( I work in the software business so I have an idea how easy it would be) why would they do it and would they get away with it? I hear the moan that they rig the software to allow donks to hit and knock out decent players so that the tourneys finish more quickly but it just doesn't seem remotely likely that they could do it on any reputable poker site, especially one that is regulated and audited properly.
    Posted by Seagull158
    Hey Seagull158

Im not talking about the softwear even tho it is a bit suspect sometimes...Im mad about all the muppet/chancers that tend 2 b getting everywhere.

And whats sickening is that there probably congratulating themselves on there terrible chancing play
  • Options
    zxghostxzzxghostxz Member Posts: 482
    edited December 2009
    In Response to STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    AM TOTALLY FED UP. FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS ALL I HAVE BEEN DOING IN DEFENDING SKY AND IDIOT PLAYERS. BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH FOR WEEKS NOW ALL IVE COME ACROSS IS TOTAL CHANCERS/MUPPETS/IDIOTS AND WHAT MAKES IT WORSE THEY SEEM 2 WIN 9/10. I MOVED ON2 THIS SITE TO GET AWAY FROM THEM BUT THEY SEEM 2 B COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK.EVERY SINGLE TABLE IVE BEEN ON THEY R THERE HAVE LOST LOADS OF FRIENDS ON HERE 4 THIS VERY REASON. THERES NO LONGER SKILL NEEDED 2 WIN, JUST CHANCE! 4GET BEING A GOOD SOLID PLAYER, JUST CHANCE IT UR MORE LIKELY 2 WIN!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
    totaly agree ...... the muppets do seem to win most times on sky... just been called  1500 all in   with 9 6  lololol total donk call  but wins....its not that that bugs me   there can call all day with there donk hands..its the filtering system there seems to be on the sky softwear..its the fact that the miricle cards hit the big fella all the time..then   ZAPPPPPPPPPPPPP the tables gone  its shocking.......is it just me.. or does any1 else feel the same? ....do sky filter the tornys or wat .... i can imagine the snotty replys coming..............lolololololl good luck all
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I love the way people complain that this site is full of bad poker players. I wish i could meet more of them lol It happens often when someone complains that a player should never have called him.  What gives anyone the right to dictate how someone should play. It happened to me recently,  I had a pair of Aces after the flop, two pair after the turn and a full house after the river,  by this time I was all in with someone and beat his flush.  He gave me loads of stick for beating him said I was an idiot,  I just laughed at him and pointed to the size of his stack.  If you're not happy with the way that people play against you, don't moan about their play, come up with ways of improving your own.   No one has the right to expect someone to play in a certain way.   Bad beats are part of the game, if you don't like it take up Chess 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Im not DICTATING how ppl should play but u kno if they want 2 play bingo then sky have a fantastic bingo site!!!!
  • Options
    charlyb8charlyb8 Member Posts: 66
    edited December 2009
    I also am in computing software and its impossible to rig games,the software only deals the cards ,it does not play poker,thats why u can get the same cards more than once or twice.It isent about the way people play,its about the idiots who come on just to spoil the game as its meant to be played and this happens to often,They dont care wether they win or not as long as they can go allin most of the time and this gets beyond a joke.I know players can do as they like,and thats just the point im trying to raise.Why should they spoil it for other players who do play poker.If they want to play bingo there on the wrong site.
  • Options
    DiggerManDiggerMan Member Posts: 1,027
    edited December 2009
    Unfortunately there is no accounting for people!! They will play any cards at any time regardless of the odds etc etc. It happens on every site and in every card room and all you can do is play your own game, get your chips in with the best hand and over time you will be winning more often than losing! The "problem" is, imo, that we always remember the times when it goes wrong (mainly because we're dumped out of a tourney or have to reload) and not the times when it plays out properly! I've done it and I'm sure that most people are the same but really, players who play with rubbish DO NOT WIN over time and you should want to play against them!
    Oh, and those of you who are blaming the software again.......Area 51 is -- /> that way! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I also am in computing software and its impossible to rig games,the software only deals the cards ,it does not play poker,thats why u can get the same cards more than once or twice.It isent about the way people play,its about the idiots who come on just to spoil the game as its meant to be played and this happens to often,They dont care wether they win or not as long as they can go allin most of the time and this gets beyond a joke.I know players can do as they like,and thats just the point im trying to raise.Why should they spoil it for other players who do play poker.If they want to play bingo there on the wrong site.
    Posted by charlyb8
    Charly, I'm convonced (except when I get a really bad beat!) that the software is not rigged but don't tell me its impossible as technically it is not. For example you could have a subroutine in the software that checks the ive hands, compares the next random card with the lowest hand and, if it doesn't overtake the other hand, throws it away and takes the next random card etc. until it gets the desired card/result. There are some blackjack sites that are programmed to deal "seconds", meaning that if the card dealt to the dealer busts the hand that card is ignored and the next card is taken. That approach gives the dealer an 8% advantage (as far as I remember) instead of a 2% advantage.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Hey Seagull158 Im not talking about the softwear even tho it is a bit suspect sometimes...Im mad about all the muppet/chancers that tend 2 b getting everywhere. And whats sickening is that there probably congratulating themselves on there terrible chancing play
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Fallen, I understand you're not blaming the software but ghost is.
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited December 2009
    Unfortunately there is no accounting for people!! They will play any cards at any time regardless of the odds etc etc. It happens on every site and in every card room and all you can do is play your own game, get your chips in with the best hand and over time you will be winning more often than losing! The "problem" is, imo, that we always remember the times when it goes wrong (mainly because we're dumped out of a tourney or have to reload) and not the times when it plays out properly! I've done it and I'm sure that most people are the same but really, players who play with rubbish DO NOT WIN over time and you should want to play against them! Oh, and those of you who are blaming the software again.......Area 51 is -- /> that way! ;)
    Posted by DiggerMan
    I HERE WHAT URE SAYING DIGGERMAN AND PROB YOU ARE CORRECT.BUT OVER TIME?HOW LONG?HOW LONG BEFORE YOUR SICK OF IT ALL AND GIVE UP?KEEP SEEING PEOPLE S L A G OFF THE MOANERS ONLY FOR THEM TO THEN SHORTLY START MOANING THEMSELVES.FICKLE WORLD AINT IT?DEBS XX
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Fallen, I understand you're not blaming the software but ghost is.
    Posted by Seagull158
    Seagull158 he's a friendly ghost
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Charly, I'm convonced (except when I get a really bad beat!) that the software is not rigged but don't tell me its impossible as technically it is not. For example you could have a subroutine in the software that checks the ive hands, compares the next random card with the lowest hand and, if it doesn't overtake the other hand, throws it away and takes the next random card etc. until it gets the desired card/result. There are some blackjack sites that are programmed to deal "seconds", meaning that if the card dealt to the dealer busts the hand that card is ignored and the next card is taken. That approach gives the dealer an 8% advantage (as far as I remember) instead of a 2% advantage.
    Posted by Seagull158
    THATS INTERESTING TO KNOW.WOULD THIS EXPLAIN THE LONG PAUSE THAT OCCURS ONLY TOO OFTEN ON THAT DREADED MIRACLE OUTER RIVER CARD?LOL DEB XX
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    TY DEBS UVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD

IM NOT REALLY A MOANER JUST UPSET, ANNOYED AND FRUSTRATED.

LOOKS LIKE NO LIGHT AT END OF TUNNEL :(
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    TY DEBS UVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD IM NOT REALLY A MOANER JUST UPSET, ANNOYED AND FRUSTRATED. LOOKS LIKE NO LIGHT AT END OF TUNNEL :(
    Posted by xFALLENx
    ITS GETS US ALL.GL DEBS XX
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    perhaps when i said impossible i was wrong in that i can remember an instant when playin another well know site there were 3 kings on the flop and i had 2 in my hand 5 kings,had a word str8 afterward with site manager and he couldnt explain it,there'll always be glitches in all sofeware but would say 99.9 of the software is ok.But this is getting off the track.There'll always be muppets and chancers and the all in merchants and the riverites,that will never change but to me its still spoils the game for other peaple and even worse for the players who have just joined,who do genuinly want to learn the art of poker.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    perhaps when i said impossible i was wrong in that i can remember an instant when playin another well know site there were 3 kings on the flop and i had 2 in my hand 5 kings,had a word str8 afterward with site manager and he couldnt explain it,there'll always be glitches in all sofeware but would say 99.9 of the software is ok.But this is getting off the track.There'll always be muppets and chancers and the all in merchants and the riverites,that will never change but to me its still spoils the game for other peaple and even worse for the players who have just joined,who do genuinly want to learn the art of poker.
    Posted by charlyb8
    HI CHARLYB8 IF YOU REALLY ONLY WANT TO PLAY PROPER POKER YOU ARE BETTER OFF TO A ONCE A MONTH OR MORE IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT IN THE 7.30PM DEEPSTACKS.I KNOW IT IS £22 BUT IT IS REAL POKER OF THE BEST CALIBRE.I THINK ALL WOULD AGREE ON THAT.DEBS XX
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    debs
        I really enjoy the game and understand you have to put up the rough and the smooth,I supose all people have there own opinions about the game,and i think that is right.We will never always agree so we put up wth it.
  • Options
    MohicanMohican Member Posts: 1,421
    edited December 2009
    TY DEBS UVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD IM NOT REALLY A MOANER JUST UPSET, ANNOYED AND FRUSTRATED. LOOKS LIKE NO LIGHT AT END OF TUNNEL :(
    Posted by xFALLENx
    I'm no expert but it sounds like you could do with a break from poker. Take a week off
    and come back with a clear mind. The donks may not go away but you'll be better able to deal with
    them.
    good luck,
    Mohican.
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
    edited December 2009

The better player you are the more you will get bad beats. Why is this? well the better player you are the more likely you are to get your money in when your winning. Therefore you will either win as you are suppose to or someone will suck out on you.
    If you always go in ahead you can never get lucky, if you always go in behind you can never get unlucky.
    That is why better players always feel that they don't have any luck.

P.S be careful what you are classing as a bad beat, if someone shoves with 75 and I call with AK i am only a 60-40 fav to win the hand and therefore this situation is little more than a coin flip

• Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2009
    The better player you are the more you will get bad beats. Why is this? well the better player you are the more likely you are to get your money in when your winning. Therefore you will either win as you are suppose to or someone will suck out on you. If you always go in ahead you can never get lucky, if you always go in behind you can never get unlucky. That is why better players always feel that they don't have any luck. P.S be careful what you are classing as a bad beat, if someone shoves with 75 and I call with AK i am only a 60-40 fav to win the hand and therefore this situation is little more than a coin flip
    Posted by salazar
    +1 cant argue with that.gr8 post.dav