You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    Tikay10 said:

Nice update @68Trebor

GL with both those bets.

Full session of what in Huddersfield?

No mention of Willow?

Have to say, the referee last night put in a woeful performance. Think it was 2 points lost rather than a point gained though.

It will be a full session of watching football, lad chat and banter, a spot of lunch and maybe a curry later on, oh and quite possibly the odd ale.

Willow is in very good health and I had the pleasure of taking her out twice today, on what has been a splendidly sunny early autumn day here in God's County.

Have to agree it was a case of two points dropped. Really need to make the most of every advantage we are given.
  • Options

A pretty decent weekend on the social side and a pretty dire weekend on the poker and football side.
    Had a great day on Saturday, starting out at 1:30pm and arriving home at about 11:00pm, having visited 9 of Huddersfield's finest drinking establishments and consumed a fair few pints. Then had a lovely lunch out with wifey and mother in law and her partner.
    Then got to watch Villa blow up and throw away some more points. They need to start learning how to manage a game very, very quickly. Do think that the daft talk on social media about Deano being under threat is stupid but he could do with a couple of results to boost the confidence.
    Poker has been nothing short of awful and I very nearly came to the conclusion today to just give it up for a while. Instead I decided to try the £11 Turbo DYM's and see how I fare at these. In some ways these may suit my style of play as I do pretty decent in sats, short stack is probably the best part of my game and they are not too time consuming. Anyway we can only try.

Bankroll £96.20
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220
    edited September 2019
    Good luck in those Turbo DYM's. Be careful though, the variance can be pretty brutal. It's not for me to say, but if your confidence & bankroll are both on the low side right now, I'm not convinced Turbo DYM's are the best way forward.

But, you know, if it works..... ;)

GL GL
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,022
    edited September 2019
    Agree with Tikay, starting with 9 buy ins for Turbo DYMs will most likely end up with you re-depositing, unless you get off to a flyer. Personally I would stick with MTTs

16:15 - £2.20, £100 DS
    16:30 - £5.50, £400 BH
    17:15 - £1.10, £50 RB
    17:30 - £5.50, £400 BH 
    18:00 - £7.20, 'Semi' 
    18:30 - £5.50, £1000 BH
    19:00 - £7.70, £700 BH
    19:15 - £2.20, £100 DS
    20:00 - £2.20, £500 BH
    20:30 - £5.50, £1.5/2K 'Mini'
    21:00 - £5.50, £150 FO 

As a wise man, @MynaFrett, once told me, any of these are perfect for building up the bankroll.

Good luck with whatever you decide though.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,108
    waller02 said:

Agree with Tikay, starting with 9 buy ins for Turbo DYMs will most likely end up with you re-depositing, unless you get off to a flyer. Personally I would stick with MTTs

16:15 - £2.20, £100 DS
    16:30 - £5.50, £400 BH
    17:15 - £1.10, £50 RB
    17:30 - £5.50, £400 BH 
    19:15 - £2.20, £100 DS
    21:00 - £5.50, £150 FO 

As a wise man once told me, any of these are perfect for building up the bankroll.

Good luck with whatever you decide though.

Completely agree with this.

£11 TDYMs are totally dependent on how many Regs are playing them. For the majority of the time, they are unbeatable-it only takes 2 good Regs and 2 half-decent ones playing to make these unwise, particularly at the level of Rake/your Bankroll.

For people who want to play less tables at MTTs, I would suggest that these tournaments would be the best of a good bunch:-

Best Tournament not mentioned, would be:

19.15 - £7.20 Semi

• Options

After thinking I could prove 3 wise men wrong I have had to come to my senses and realise they are 3 wise old men for a reason.
    £11 Turbo DYM's - Played 42, Cashed in 21. Rake is a killer!!!!!!!
    Back to the MTT tables tonight and in need of a decent cash.
    Hoping for a Villa win tonight to round it off.

Bankroll £32.20
  • Options
    68Trebor said:

After thinking I could prove 3 wise men wrong I have had to come to my senses and realise they are 3 wise old men for a reason.
    £11 Turbo DYM's - Played 42, Cashed in 21. Rake is a killer!!!!!!!
    Back to the MTT tables tonight and in need of a decent cash.
    Hoping for a Villa win tonight to round it off.

Bankroll £32.20

You are a good MMT player who can easily beat the micros on here. I don't know how much free time you have, which is the main downside of playing MTTs, but if you have plenty of spare time then just focus on those.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Main sat was fun don’t you think?
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Main sat was fun don’t you think?

Would of been more fun if I hadn't finished 12th.
    Couldn't believe what I was seeing and thought I could hang on and let them knock each other out.
    Wonder if some of them realised it was a sat.
    GL in The Main.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Sorry, i thought you’d got through. I wouldn’t have mentioned it.

I’m out already :)
    Got placed on same table as them.
    I knew i’d either get a good stack early or be out.
    Unfortunately the latter
  • Options

Last night's results.

£6k Predator Semi - Last.
    £400 BH - 44/88.
    £1k BH - 116/127.
    7 at 7- 89/121.
    £6k Predator LR Semi - 12/55.
    £500 Rebuy BH - 28/30.

Brighton 1 - 3 Villa - The only highlight of the evening.

After this I was left with a couple of quid so I have had to deposit £100 tonight.

Bankroll £101.40
  • Options

Had a couple of half decent results in the past few days, 6th in a £500 Rebuy BH for £50 and a 13th and 12th in £1k BH's for £28. Don't think I am playing brilliant at the mo and on reflection maybe playing a little too aggressive in certain situations. Seem to be losing a few big hands lately when getting it in good and probably just need to ride out this current run.
    Would love to go to Nottingham SPT but work has put a stop to that. Hopeful that my work schedule stays as it is as it will mean I am free for Manchester.
    Villa continue to frustrate, although I think it is only a matter of time before it clicks. To be fair to the team they have not looked out of their depth in any game so far. Think we may see Davis replace Wesley up top for the next game and possibly the re-introduction of Luis in for Hourihane to make us a bit tougher to break down.
    Willow is already fed up of the oncoming winter and is not a fan of walks in the rain, neither is our carpet. Took her out yesterday and it was like walking through one big stream.
    Had a larger group of 'Travellers' decide to set up camp at the top of the car park at work today, generators on and caravans unhooked. I was volunteered to go and make contact and having wandered up saw a relatively normal looking female member of the group and decided she would be nice to talk to. As I asked her what their intentions were she invited me to go and ask the large group of feral males gathered in a trolley bay. The talks went well and once one of the younger, more aggressive members of the pack had made it very clear he knew his rights and there was little I could do, the elder statesman of the tribe let me know that they had to leave for London at 6am tomorrow morning and that they would cause no trouble. With negotiations complete and a satisfactory outcome for all concerned I returned to the shop to be met with a huge argument going on in the middle of The George dept between one of our security guards, 2 other managers and a couple of the 'Travellers'. So begins hostilities and what can only be described as a testing time about to start. Tensions were only heightened when it was observed on CCTV a couple of the Tinkers messing about with a couple of guns. We have the bailiffs arriving first thing in the morning to serve them eviction notices but I am sure they will stay true to their word and be gone before they arrive. Then again I expect to turn up tomorrow to find their washing lines across the trolley bays and stories of theft and pillaging throughout the night.

Bankroll £20.27
  • Options

Played just the 3 MTT's tonight.
    The 6pm Gold Rush Semi where I managed to get a seat to the £6k Gold Rush Main Event.
    Played this and played very well, even if I say so myself, managing a 3rd place finish.
    Although you have to get lucky at some point to get that far it was gutting to go out when I got it all in on the turn with the made nut flush against a set only for the river to complete his full house.

Having entered the Main I also entered the Mini, that double final table jackpot always looks appealing. Again played really well and bust out in 15th when my A7 lost to K8 all in pre-flop.
    Can't really grumble though after a very successful night.

Travellers still in car park, court order given to them this morning and bailiffs on their way tomorrow morning, fun times.

Bankroll £550.76

• Options
    Nice one, well played. Great effort for the final table jackpot too. Bankroll looking healthy now. What's the plan?
  • Options

Excellent news, well done.
  • Options

Fascinating tale about the Travellers. I'm a little busy right now, but when time allows, I'll regale you with my own tale of Travellers in a Supermarket car park, my responsibility to move them on, and how I went about negotiating with them.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Nice one, well played. Great effort for the final table jackpot too. Bankroll looking healthy now. What's the plan?

Currently in a position where I don't need to withdraw any of the profit so the plan will be to carry on playing MTT's up to the £11 buy in and definitely keep on going with the sats. Say it quietly but I do think the 6pm and 7.15pm sats to the mains are the best value tournies on here. Dont really have any long term goals as far as bankroll etc but would love to win The Main, get a double final table jackpot and most of all qualify for the Manchester SPT.
  • Options

Could this be a BIG SUNDAY.
    Qualified through sat for £6k BH.
    Won an All-In sat to the Sunday Major.
    Playing the Mini Major for the Final Table Jackpot.
    Also in the 7 at 7 and £11 buy in £1k BH.

Bankroll £484.99 (After today's Buy Ins)
  • Options

Quick update.

Busted £6k BH.
    Sunday Major - 5,600 chips.
    Mini Major - 6,695 chips.
    £1k BH - 2,765 chips.
    7 at 7 - Currently 4th of 6 left.
  • Options

Another Break, another Update.

Busted £6k BH.
    Sunday Major - 16,410 chips.
    Mini Major - 16,210 chips.
    Busted £1k BH.
    7 at 7 - See Below.

Bankroll £700.96 (With Main and Mini to come)