You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

Visited Grosvenor on Tuesday and entered the £650 Gtd. It was £27 buy in for 12,000 chips and a £10 add on of another 12,000. It was ridiculously quiet with a total of only 14 entries and the standard of play as bad as ever. Lost a large proportion of my chips on a Q high flop when I bet with my Q,J. The turn was an inconsequential card and I bet again, The K on the river slowed me down and after a check behind I was shown the K,5 to lose the pot. I have no idea why the villain even got to the river and they came in for a fair bit of criticism. Then lost the rest of my chips when I shoved on a very loose aggressive player with A,8 only for them to call and turn over A,A. Looking to return a week on Friday to play the £1k Gtd, depending on what time we get back from Poland.
    On the online felt I have been playing 20nl with very little success and I am now going to step down to nl10 until I get back up to £600 Bankroll. I am not sure whether I am playing bad or running bad. I think it is probably a bit of both and I am calling down too light sometimes and being to aggressive sometimes. Got the SPT Grand Final Semi to play tonight and really, really hoping I can get an early entry tied down.
    Only 2 more shifts at work until Krakow and really looking forward to it now.

Bankroll £407.15.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,528

VBOL in tonight's SPT semi.
  • Options

Ooh, so unlucky last night, finishing 7th with 6 seats on offer.

Still plenty of time though.

Enjoy Krakow, come back, gird your loins (whatever that means) & try again.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    edited October 2019
    Tikay10 said:

Ooh, so unlucky last night, finishing 7th with 6 seats on offer.

Still plenty of time though.

Enjoy Krakow, come back, gird your loins (whatever that means) & try again.

Loins. Always reminds me of smokey and the bandit where the police chief says about his buffoon of a son
    Summit along the lines of "there's no way that boy came from my loins, when I get home I'm gonna kick your mother up the a$$"
    Funny for a spotty teenager at the time
  • Options

^^^^^^

@stokefc

Handsome spotty teenager though, right?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^^^

@stokefc

Handsome spotty teenager though, right?

Correctamundo 😁
  • Options

Had a really s**t week that commenced with a phone call last Saturday that my sister had been involved in an accident. At the time I didn't appreciate just how bad it was and as of last Sunday morning we were about to set off for Manchester Airport for a few days in Krakow. It was then I got the phone call to say we shouldn't go and we should head down to QE Hospital in Birmingham. Don't really want to go into too much detail but she is in the Trauma Unit there having been hit by a car doing 60mph whilst walking her dog on a country lane. I have, therefore spent the week in the hospital and it has been very much touch and go and will eventually be life changing at the best. I am now back home and have to return to work tomorrow so playing a few MTT's tonight to try and take my mind off the whole situation. I have also had to withdraw some of the Bankroll and will be starting at £200.

Bankroll £200.
  • Options
    DEL560DEL560 Member Posts: 487
    Oh dear - Hope things improve mate.
  • Options
    68Trebor said:

Had a really s**t week that commenced with a phone call last Saturday that my sister had been involved in an accident. At the time I didn't appreciate just how bad it was and as of last Sunday morning we were about to set off for Manchester Airport for a few days in Krakow. It was then I got the phone call to say we shouldn't go and we should head down to QE Hospital in Birmingham. Don't really want to go into too much detail but she is in the Trauma Unit there having been hit by a car doing 60mph whilst walking her dog on a country lane. I have, therefore spent the week in the hospital and it has been very much touch and go and will eventually be life changing at the best. I am now back home and have to return to work tomorrow so playing a few MTT's tonight to try and take my mind off the whole situation. I have also had to withdraw some of the Bankroll and will be starting at £200.

Bankroll £200.

That's just awful news, I'm so sorry.

I hope things improve as much as is reasonably possible under the circumstances.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited November 2019
    Just seen this. Awful news. Really hope things improve mate.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,366
    Im sorry to hear this, I hope things improve.
  • Options

So its been a while, a month to be exact and a lot has happened.
    Following the shocking news of my sister's accident I am glad to say that today she was moved from the trauma unit at QE Hospital in Birmingham on to a 'normal' ward and has made remarkable progress in the last month. Will her, and her family's life, ever be the same? More than likely not, but if she continues to show the fight and spirit she has shown so far there is a possibility. The fact she is still with us today and is able to hold a conversation is a miracle in itself. There is still a very long way to go and the next 3 to 4 months at least will be spent in hospital but we can sleep in peace knowing she will be there the next morning, god willing.
    This whole event really brings home the importance of life and how precious every moment can be. I have really not been in the mood for poker and have also changed my daily pattern. I am now going to bed at a far more reasonable hour, in bed for 10pm is the aim, and as a result I am getting up at 5.30am to take Willow for a decent walk before work. As she is one of the closest things to my heart it is an absolute joy to spend more time with her doing what she enjoys. This means that MTT's are probably not ideal for me any longer and I will be focusing on the 10p/20p tables with my starting bankroll of £200. Willow is not with us for the next couple of days as she has been taken in for surgery on her left rear kneecap as it keeps popping out. Although this causes her no discomfort at the moment the longer it is left the worse it will get. The house is definitely empty without her and I will be glad to get her back Saturday morning. Praying for her over the next couple of nights and days as knowing how soft she is she will not be enjoying her stay.
    Villa have been doing as well as can be expected and Grealish is definitely proving how good I always knew he was. As I was sat there watching the game last night (brilliant coverage by Amazon Prime may I add) and heard the Villa fans singing to Mason Mount - "You're just a s**t Jack Grealish" I turned to our lad and said that is bound to come back to bite us. Wish I'd had a bet on next goalscorer. Tough game coming up Sunday against a really good Leicester side and then we have what looks a fairly kind run of fixtures which will probably determine our season.
    Will be back on the tables tonight for the first time in a while, but you won't see me after 10pm.

Bankroll £200.
  • Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    Didn’t see this the first time you posted, that’s horrible news. All the best to your sister and her recovery
  • Options

@68Trebor

Appreciate the update, & that your Sister is on the road to recovery from that dreadful accident.

Even your beloved Willow is out of sorts, too.

Tough times, good vibes sent for full recoveries all round.
  • Options
    So a New Year, a new beginning.
    Sister is doing OK and remains in QE hospital where she is continuing to improve.
    Willow's first op went a bit awry and she had to have the surgery done again 3 weeks ago. This has been far more successful and fingers crossed she will continue her recovery. It is going to be a long 3 months for her before she is able to run free again. At the moment she is limited to 3 x 5 min walks a day, on a short lead.
    Villa are hanging in there although the loss of McGinn, Heaton and Wesley are massive blows. I've managed to get tickets for Leicester away in the Carabao Cup Semi this Wednesday and hope we put out a strong team.
    Work is slowly returning to normal after the usual festive ridiculousness. January is always a tough month in retail with low sales and ever decreasing wage budgets. Have a funny feeling we maybe heading to another management restructure announcement in the next few weeks, but we will wait and see.
    I have put a few pounds on lately and currently weigh in at 14stone 7pounds, the heaviest I can ever remember being. Tomorrow sees the start of a concerted effort to get back to 13stone. For me the best way to lose weight is to calorie count and I am going to limit myself to 1520 calories a day, apart from at weekends where I may participate in a pint or two.
    As part of my New Year thinking I have stopped betting and have instead invested £250 on to the Football Index platform. I have bought shares in Mitrovic, Mount, Bowen and Levandoski and at the moment all have increased in value. For anyone thinking of investing for the first time let me know as you can receive a bonus for referring people.
    I haven't played any poker for a while and I am starting to feel the urge so will be starting with my £200 bankroll on the 20nl cash tables. I really want to focus this entire year on spending less time on the tables and playing cash.
    Aims for the year are as follows
    1. Get to 13 stone.
    2. No betting.
    3. Stick to cash tables.
    4. Get bankroll to £1,500.

Bankroll £200.
  • Options
    DEL560DEL560 Member Posts: 487
    HNY and GL Trebor!
  • Options

@68Trebor

Good to hear that things are slowly getting better with your Sister & Willow.

Good luck with the bankroll challenge, I think you'll beat it comfortably providing you get enough time at the tables.

How many tables will you play concurrently?

HNY mate.
  • Options

The cash tables have been enjoyable this last week, if a bit frustrating. I have played approx 1,300 hands at 20nl and lost £68. Overall I have been relatively happy with how I have played but going forward I think I probably need to reign in my aggressive play in certain situations against certain players. I think my actual choice of starting hands has been pretty good and I am definitely improving in terms of positional play. I also need to be better at laying down big hands when deep down I know I am probably behind. A couple of times I have ended up losing a full buy in with a smaller flush. I am on a short break of 5 days and for a change I plan to play a few MTT's tonight. As I do prefer, and probably play better, 9 handed MTT's and fancy a shot at some big prizes I will be venturing on to Stars tonight. Going to play just the four tonight - $125k BH for $11, Hotter $45k for $11, Bigger $45k for $11 and $125k Sunday Storm for $11. If I run/play bad you may see me on the 20nl cash tables later. The rest of the week will probably be mainly on the cash tables and a possible visit to Leeds Grosvenor for the £30, £1k Gtd on Tuesday night.
    Villa have a free shot this afternoon and anything gained against Man City will be a bonus. Went to Leicester on Wednesday night and if we play like that for the rest of the season I can't see us going down. Since Smith switched to a back five we have looked so much more solid and if we can stop making silly individual errors, sign a striker or two and Drinkwater does a job we will certainly be in the fight. Looking more and more like Norwich, Bournemouth and one other judging by Bournemouth's performance so far this afternoon. Have to say the Villa fans were tremendous at the King Power and having got tickets for the return leg I am starting dreaming of another trip to Wembley. Also have to say that getting out of Leicester after the game was an absolute nightmare and it took an hour and a half just to get back to the M1.
    Week 1 of weight loss has gone pretty well and I weighed in this morning at 14'2, a loss of 5lbs on the week. With these things I always find the longer you do it the harder it gets so if this time next week I am under 14 stone I will be very happy.
    On Football Index I made a few quid on buying Piatek following the rumours linking him to Villa and then selling him as his price increased more following the Spurs interest. I now currently hold Kemar Roofe (low price and courting interest from England including Villa), Mason Mount (held him for a while and expect his price to rise significantly during the Euros) and Lewandoski (relatively cheap and always in with a chance of providing dividends)

Bankroll £131.82

• Options

Good luck to Villa this afternoon :68Trebor, & over at 'Stars tonight.

You & I are now identical weights, so we have something in common, I'm 14 - 2 too. after a good first week. Fingers crossed another good week for us both this week.

How is Willow & the family?
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    68Trebor said:

The cash tables have been enjoyable this last week, if a bit frustrating. I have played approx 1,300 hands at 20nl and lost £68. Overall I have been relatively happy with how I have played but going forward I think I probably need to reign in my aggressive play in certain situations against certain players. I think my actual choice of starting hands has been pretty good and I am definitely improving in terms of positional play. I also need to be better at laying down big hands when deep down I know I am probably behind. A couple of times I have ended up losing a full buy in with a smaller flush. I am on a short break of 5 days and for a change I plan to play a few MTT's tonight. As I do prefer, and probably play better, 9 handed MTT's and fancy a shot at some big prizes I will be venturing on to Stars tonight. Going to play just the four tonight - $125k BH for $11, Hotter $45k for $11, Bigger $45k for $11 and $125k Sunday Storm for $11. If I run/play bad you may see me on the 20nl cash tables later. The rest of the week will probably be mainly on the cash tables and a possible visit to Leeds Grosvenor for the £30, £1k Gtd on Tuesday night.
    Villa have a free shot this afternoon and anything gained against Man City will be a bonus. Went to Leicester on Wednesday night and if we play like that for the rest of the season I can't see us going down. Since Smith switched to a back five we have looked so much more solid and if we can stop making silly individual errors, sign a striker or two and Drinkwater does a job we will certainly be in the fight. Looking more and more like Norwich, Bournemouth and one other judging by Bournemouth's performance so far this afternoon. Have to say the Villa fans were tremendous at the King Power and having got tickets for the return leg I am starting dreaming of another trip to Wembley. Also have to say that getting out of Leicester after the game was an absolute nightmare and it took an hour and a half just to get back to the M1.
    Week 1 of weight loss has gone pretty well and I weighed in this morning at 14'2, a loss of 5lbs on the week. With these things I always find the longer you do it the harder it gets so if this time next week I am under 14 stone I will be very happy.
    On Football Index I made a few quid on buying Piatek following the rumours linking him to Villa and then selling him as his price increased more following the Spurs interest. I now currently hold Kemar Roofe (low price and courting interest from England including Villa), Mason Mount (held him for a while and expect his price to rise significantly during the Euros) and Lewandoski (relatively cheap and always in with a chance of providing dividends)

Bankroll £131.82

Solid (X)
    Stop silly individual errors (X)
    Drinkwater doing a job (X)

I admire your optimism but I think Villa are in big trouble.