You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Build a Bankroll

Comments

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited January 2010
    Isn't 5-10 ROI pretty decent on dym's ?
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    yes!!! its good dudeskin... thats why 25-30% is insane!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    BR... £345.08... +£29.08 since last post
    today i was up £26.29, 5/5 £3 dym cashes and +3 BI at NL4.
    Now on a streak of 10 £3 dym cashes, today i think i ran VERY well and played well on both cash and dym, i was patient and it eventually paid off.
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited January 2010
    im on a bad run today losing all 3 dym! been playing real bad!!

not sure whats going wrong?

im not getting the cards and i think im getting frustrated and making silly calls!!

any advice??
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll:
    im on a bad run today losing all 3 dym! been playing real bad!! not sure whats going wrong? im not getting the cards and i think im getting frustrated and making silly calls!! any advice??
    Posted by donkeyplop
    i can offer a little advice although i do tend to suck at DYM's (in fact i think it's going to be my mission this month to grind some of these and generally up my game on them)

DON'T CALL - In a nutshell :)

Sit tight, your playing for 3rd and no higher. Let others get it down to 4 by doing the work. Once your there it's not about the cards you get (well not completly anyway) it's about the situations you see.

You can easily go the first three levels without needing to play, maybe even 4. You need to use this time to figure out who is going to give up their blinds, who is going to raise you light as you have a tight image and who not to push against because they will call your bluff.

Once your at 4 you can start to preasure unopened pots without needing cards as your image should be rock like. Steal enough to keep you in the game but let the others take on each other where possible.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thanks for the advice!!

just came 1st in a £3 dym taking your advice!!!

you are right ive been calling too much lately!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thanks for the advice!! just came 1st in a £3 dym taking your advice!!! you are right ive been calling too much lately!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Glad to be of help, i think you knew where you were going wrong but a second opinion never hurts. I'm going to grind a bunch of these after 6 so you never know... we may meet over the virtual felt (if we do, stay clear of my blind lol) 
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ok will look out for you!!

just lost a dym where 1 guy was sat out until his chips were down to about 800

then suddenly he came back went all in and doubled up which annoyed the remaining 3 players including myself.

then we went all in again i had better hand but he won!!

is what he was doing cheating?? or is it just being very unsporting??

this tactic happened the same yesterday with exactly the same outcome!! very frustrating!!
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    ok will look out for you!! just lost a dym where 1 guy was sat out until his chips were down to about 800 then suddenly he came back went all in and doubled up which annoyed the remaining 3 players including myself. then we went all in again i had better hand but he won!! is what he was doing cheating?? or is it just being very unsporting?? this tactic happened the same yesterday with exactly the same outcome!! very frustrating!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    It's neither cheating nor unsporting.
    It's a fairly common "tactic" employed by DYM players.
    The merits of this style of play can be debated.
    In this instance he needed to double up twice to be "back in the game".
    It's a risky strategy in my opinion but many successful players adopt it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ok will look out for you!! just lost a dym where 1 guy was sat out until his chips were down to about 800 then suddenly he came back went all in and doubled up which annoyed the remaining 3 players including myself. then we went all in again i had better hand but he won!! is what he was doing cheating?? or is it just being very unsporting?? this tactic happened the same yesterday with exactly the same outcome!! very frustrating!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Some people class it as un-sporting i suppose but here is the truth of it. If he wasn't sat out and just ran his timer down and folded then people would just class him as a Rock. His game plan wouldn't have changed if he was sat in, it would have just slowed the rest of the game down. It's not cheating, it's a legitimate strategy (although i think most would have been back in before as low as 800). It can get on your nerves but the best thing to do in this situation i find is if losing the all in to short stack will damage you too much then let him keep doing it until someone else calls him or you have him crushed. Don't call these in a marginal situation. If one of the other 2 players calls then if the Short Stack doubles it damages one of your oponents and not you. Keep it tight and try to be the raiser in unopened pots not the caller to the Short Stacks all-in
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ok cheers again for the advice!
  • Options
    AceAceBabyAceAceBaby Member Posts: 77
    edited January 2010
    thats my exact opinion acesover8's. treat them as a rock, its a style rather than unsporting although i find it abit annoying and tilt call sometimes inwhich case showing the style actually does work :) gl in future dym's
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    aaaaaarrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! MASSIVE DOWNTURN ALERT!!!!!!!! LOL im on such a bad run right now im getting situations like this too freqeuntly!

beaten by del boy lol

Hand History #227732449 (09:54 27/01/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    donkeyplop Small blind  50.00 50.00 2830.00
    barfoot12 Big blind  100.00 150.00 1990.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

phlwbb29 Raise  200.00 350.00 1365.00
    joebuddy Fold     
    TheTrotter All-in  1350.00 1700.00 0.00
    CHIZ Fold     
    donkeyplop Call  1300.00 3000.00 1530.00
    barfoot12 Fold     
    phlwbb29 Fold     
    donkeyplop Show
    • A
    • A

TheTrotter Show
    • A

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

TheTrotter Win Three 5s 3000.00  3000.00
  • Options
    Spike2120Spike2120 Member Posts: 112
    edited January 2010
    Sorry I aint been keeping up with this but anyways update from a bad week

Stake: 4NL/£1-£5DYM

BR: £77 (-4 from last time)

Goal: build my stake back up 2 £100 by end of the week, gonna be tough, got a busy week!

Long Term Plan: Slowly build up my BR to eventually start playing higher stakes.
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    This is a kind request to please try and refrain from degenerating this thread into a bad beat thread. I appreciate we all run bad sometimes but find somewhere else to vent your frustratration.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ok mate i have been venting my frustrations in the wrong thread.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    why do you call the all in and not shove over the top to isolate?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Date Bankroll Difference Comments Cashouts Cashout Comments Monthly Profit
    18-Jan £1.50 £1.50       £102.86
    22-Jan £52.50 £51.00        
    23-Jan £73.00 £20.50        
    24-Jan £87.80 £14.80        
    25-Jan £25.00 £25.00   £37.80 NL10 shot, 2 buyins  
    26-Jan £50.10 £25.10        
    27-Jan £66.56 £16.46        
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    An example of the spreadsheet I made to keep track. Played NL10 and got coolered once and bad beat once (stacked off set under set, AK TPTK against a rivered 2pair raggy ace) which explains the -£25. Ran good again when I moved back down and had a £25 day. Also runnin quite well today.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    why do you call the all in and not shove over the top to isolate?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    not sure what you mean??