You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Build a Bankroll

Comments

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll:
    BR - £123.42 (-£1.58) Just sitting and leaking money at the moment, mainly as trying to get £10 promotion from Sky. Will be looking to hold the Roll at around £121-123, then get the £10 on the 8th Feb and then start to play proper poker again, rather than just sitting and getting the promotion unlocked.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Whats the £10 promotion? did i miss something?
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : Whats the £10 promotion? did i miss something?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    he got a random email from sky about it, so nah you didnt miss anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : he got a random email from sky about it, so nah you didnt miss anything.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    So what there's a special promo where you had to be chosen to participate or somthing? I WANT A TENNER lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : So what there's a special promo where you had to be chosen to participate or somthing? I WANT A TENNER lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    lol grimstar just got a random email... so i guess we were unlucky and missed out.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : lol grimstar just got a random email... so i guess we were unlucky and missed out.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I feel a "Wheres my Tenner promo" whinge thread coming on lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : I feel a "Wheres my Tenner promo" whinge thread coming on lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    lol! please start one.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : lol! please start one.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Just one of those things! probably linked to the fact I hadn't played for a few weeks. Or completely random!

I have prob lost £3-4 while sitting at the tables anyway so not making a lot on this! haha

Tell you what some of the calls on 4p tables are loose, even with 3rd pair. My advice play ABC poker and these can be crushed.

ROLL: £123.03
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited February 2010
    -27.90 today.

Lost alot on 2 outers 99<33, and AA<66 where it's all been in on the flop and come on the turn/river.

Also had some massive outdraw where I was pot committed and got stacked.

Then some standard tilt spewing and runningbad.com until i called it a day :)
  • Options
    walesboywalesboy Member Posts: 993
    edited February 2010
    hello
    after taking the sage advice of Blackfish3 and donkeyplop have had a go ay DYM's. Done 5 £0.60 and cashed in all! Got close on one when I had 770 left, another had 800 odd and one went all in with 1500 and lost, so I cashed! Thanks guys!
    I won't mention the £0.30 DYM I tried and went out 5th!! That didn't happen! Denial is a wonderful thing!
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    hello after taking the sage advice of Blackfish3 and donkeyplop have had a go ay DYM's. Done 5 £0.60 and cashed in all! Got close on one when I had 770 left, another had 800 odd and one went all in with 1500 and lost, so I cashed! Thanks guys! I won't mention the £0.30 DYM I tried and went out 5th!! That didn't happen! Denial is a wonderful thing!
    Posted by walesboy
    The longest river in Africa, I believe ;o)
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited February 2010
    STAKE - 4NL
    ROLL - £108.94
    PROFIT - +28.94 (-£20 for the week)

Reach £160 by the end of the month
    Get 500 poker points this month
    Get on MasterCash
  • Options
    SDodgerSDodger Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : Was playing quite a lot around august - November last year, won quite a lot via free entry tournaments and just grinded on the cash.. I started on 30p dyms then to 60p then up, then when I got to about £80 I pushed on with 4p cash. Use all ways you can to get access to shots to money - free comps etc... comp entries. This forum and Sky Rich provide a lot of opps. Take care Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Sweet as, nice 1 Grim... Yea was doin the same really, grindin low cash n freerolls wenever [started my BR with one, 3rd - £20]... low dym's, on £1-2 now, have a good couple days then suffer a bad turn, start spewin [need to give it a rest when goes bad!!] 

Just come 5th in a velocity..  £73...[£1.20 sat entry].   give me a lil jump start...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BR: £384.33 +39.25 since last post (about a week ago)... i have no idea how i am up this week, might have something to with £25 bonus money lol. Ive been playing + running horribly. I need to step it up.
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited February 2010
    BR £87.92 (+£2.05)

Strangely started on £60 built up to £85 very quickly, but now just seem to be stuck lol. hopefully the outdraws ease off a little.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've been spewing like a crazy mother the last few days. a bad beat or two and suddenly i just want to bluff every hand. Still up yesterday about 1buyin, but have recognised ALOT of spots i could of saved myself money...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've been spewing like a crazy mother the last few days. a bad beat or two and suddenly i just want to bluff every hand. Still up yesterday about 1buyin, but have recognised ALOT of spots i could of saved myself money...
    Posted by Deadluck
    im exactly the same... if on the flop you with 2 of the same suit you get called, turn the third of that suit, check check, river they shove... 100% they have the flush... wow im a slow learner lol, its this sort of thing that i still need to get used to because hands play out differently to how they do in dyms. Just been through my hand history where i have lost 5+BBs over the last few days... went through every hand, wow what an eye opener... almost every pot i lost i made a mistake in. Very few actual outdraws/coolers where i couldn't get away, most the time i had the opportunity to get away but played it 2 poorly.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010
    BR: £384.33 +39.25 since last post (about a week ago)... i have no idea how i am up this week, might have something to with £25 bonus money lol. Ive been playing + running horribly. I need to step it up.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    400 QUID!!!!! ULTRA WIMP!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    +35.65 today.

progress after a few rubbish days :)
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited February 2010
    Sky bonus unlocked

BR £133 (+10) time to hit the cash tables on Sat and Sun, aiming to play quite nitty just to make 10% profit on each table, then stand.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    very small session today (only 30min of 3 tables)

but ended up +1buyin

+11.63 today
    +239.30 total