You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW!

Comments

• 5toneFace5toneFace Member Posts: 246
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW!:
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : I'm not against a high stakes railing type thread but it seems very biased coming from you and tbf it may possibly get James less action from him. In Response to  Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Sorry Mr Dyer but I dont jog for no man/boy.  Grow up and stop bumlicking Tikay. You are dillusional if you think people are going to want there losses announced. How about an actual railing thread TK?
    Posted by beaneh
    lol, I think people crying about a thread are normally the ones who need to grow up and get a life
  • cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : He may be, & so may I, but the losers name has never been mentioned by anyone! And as I have already replied to Jingle, I think it would be inappropriate, & "bad form" to Televise it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Mr gibb mentioned who it was on page1..... oh and stoneface.... i didn't realize this was an 'agree with us or leave' forum?  I always thought forums were na place to meet and air views?

Tikay.....i don't think the thread is outa line at all..... just that something didnt taste quite right when i read it.  Maybe because who the OP was i just dunno tbh,
    When they dicussed it live on air and was all 'well done james' etc it just seemed wrong.
    If i'm being too silly/sensitive forgive me.  I would be cheerin James on myself if i'd have seen the match.
    I cert don't wanna be seen as accusing you of any wrongdoing.... i got too much respek 4 u to do that... was just my ownm personal.... and obviusly wrong in most peoples eyes over-reaction.

gibb....... sorry that my thoughts offended you.... lol..... keep trolling if that's what makes you happy.  I'll step out of this thread now before i offend any1 else's steadfast views and principles.

Have fun all.... no snoring! ( i bought a diesel estate yesterday lol :(  )
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited January 2010
    Tis a bit much being mentioned on tv but by the sky people. if someone emails in and they read out so and so is watching a sick hu game says people might want to check it out then ok. But to victoriously champion a single player (however trendy his hoodies are) it just comes off a bit wrong when it's from so high up (it's not like area 51 is that quiet!).

Stone keep trolling and being as moronic as you are i'm sure it's aiding your game exponentially.

Also unrelated  why when I click on the thread title in the outer forum bit does it redirect me to the outer forum again?!
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Mr gibb mentioned who it was on page1..... oh and stoneface.... i didn't realize this was an 'agree with us or leave' forum?  I always thought forums were na place to meet and air views? Tikay.....i don't think the thread is outa line at all..... just that something didnt taste quite right when i read it.  Maybe because who the OP was i just dunno tbh, When they dicussed it live on air and was all 'well done james' etc it just seemed wrong. If i'm being too silly/sensitive forgive me.  I would be cheerin James on myself if i'd have seen the match. I cert don't wanna be seen as accusing you of any wrongdoing.... i got too much respek 4 u to do that... was just my ownm personal.... and obviusly wrong in most peoples eyes over-reaction. gibb....... sorry that my thoughts offended you.... lol..... keep trolling if that's what makes you happy.  I'll step out of this thread now before i offend any1 else's steadfast views and principles. Have fun all.... no snoring! ( i bought a diesel estate yesterday lol :(  )
    Posted by cottlad

Good Lad

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,226
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Mr gibb mentioned who it was on page1..... oh and stoneface.... i didn't realize this was an 'agree with us or leave' forum?  I always thought forums were na place to meet and air views? Tikay.....i don't think the thread is outa line at all..... just that something didnt taste quite right when i read it.  Maybe because who the OP was i just dunno tbh, When they dicussed it live on air and was all 'well done james' etc it just seemed wrong. If i'm being too silly/sensitive forgive me.  I would be cheerin James on myself if i'd have seen the match. I cert don't wanna be seen as accusing you of any wrongdoing.... i got too much respek 4 u to do that... was just my ownm personal.... and obviusly wrong in most peoples eyes over-reaction. gibb....... sorry that my thoughts offended you.... lol..... keep trolling if that's what makes you happy.  I'll step out of this thread now before i offend any1 else's steadfast views and principles. Have fun all.... no snoring! ( i bought a diesel estate yesterday lol :(  )
    Posted by cottlad
    Fine. As I've stated, I don't need, look for, or want aggro, & I shall not Post such Threads in future.

For the record, it would not have mattered who was on the Table, or who won & lost - I thought it'd be an interesting game for many of us to watch, as we don't often see five-figure sums on the Table at Sky Poker.
  • the_gibbthe_gibb Member Posts: 105
    edited January 2010
    Posted by cottlad

Cott, there is never 10/20 action on here so when it happens its great for the site and makes good viewing.. the guy james played is a nice guy who never complained once in losing thsat kind of money, i think he even said 'gg' after losing 9k, so he wil not be bothered by this thread in my opinion,.

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,226
    edited January 2010
    Tis a bit much being mentioned on tv but by the sky people. if someone emails in and they read out so and so is watching a sick hu game says people might want to check it out then ok. But to victoriously champion a single player (however trendy his hoodies are) it just comes off a bit wrong when it's from so high up (it's not like area 51 is that quiet!). Stone keep trolling and being as moronic as you are i'm sure it's aiding your game exponentially. Also unrelated  why when I click on the thread title in the outer forum bit does it redirect me to the outer forum again?!
    Posted by beaneh
    I champion single players on this Forum every single day - without exception. Be it a £1 DYM, or a big MTT, it's all the same to me, I try to give them the credit they deserve, & we all like to get. And I'm almost the only who ever does it over at the other place.

I'm not sure I can accept that is wrong - a player, big or small, has a result - what's so bad about bigging him/her up?

I have no plans to cease doing that, nor do I see why I should. I have congratulated 4 different players on 4 different Threads tonight, all for "low-stakes" results. Is that so bad? I PM players when they have a nice result too - is that a bad thing?

• beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : I champion single players on this Forum every single day - without exception. Be it a £1 DYM, or a big MTT, it's all the same to me, I try to give them the credit they deserve, & we all like to get. And I'm almost the only who ever does it over at the other place. I'm not sure I can accept that is wrong - a player, big or small, has a result - what's so bad about bigging him/her up? I have no plans to cease doing that, nor do I see why I should. I have congratulated 4 different players on 4 different Threads tonight, all for "low-stakes" results. Is that so bad?   
    Posted by Tikay10

No not at all, and that's  what people love about this site. It's got a great feel to it and imo the forum has only helped enhance that especially with the commitment you've put it to stay active. 

I'm not digging at you at any point; just saying how I felt because as with Cott it felt slightly wrong reading the thread. Maybe because this time the stakes actually mean something is why I didn't think it seemed right.
  • elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Not really nice for the guy/s who lost a fortune.  Anonymity should be respected as far as hands go, unless it was on a TV table. TBH it's not really in order for sky staff to be almost whooping about this.... especially getting excited about it live on the primo show too.  Should be impartial always imo and respect the loser as much as congratulating the winner. Nice result James, WP :)
    Posted by cottlad

+1

• acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited February 2010
    Hi

tikay, like myself loves to big people up if they have done well, I adore it when my friends win does not matter what stakes they are from the smallest to the biggest :)
  • BrownnDogBrownnDog Member Posts: 729
    edited February 2010
    I totally agree that this thread is highly unethical. Why should somebody who has lost big have to look through the forums to see people getting excited at the fact they have lost big. If I was HU 2/5 and lost and somebody posted like this I would be really upset about. It is really bad etiquette. In my opinion this thread should be deleted and an apology from sky read out on air the next available opportunity.

Browndog 
  • JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2010

I think some people have taken the wrong end of the stick here.

We are all excited by big action, that's what makes poker such a fascinating spectator sport.

No one is laughing at the loser here. It's inevitable whenever poker is played, someone has to win and someone has to lose - this thread was started by Tikay so we could all get the chance to see some exciting poker at some of the highest levels this site has to offer.

I hope a few negative comments will not discourage Tikay (or anyone else) from informing us of these big games in the future, this is surely part of what being on a big poker forum and site should be about.

• webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2010
    beaneh and cottlad, in all fairness your just been 2 massive whingebags who have probably been donking their chips away all day and are now trying to find someone to vent their anger on, and mr kendall got in the way!!

nothing wrong with this thread so if you dont like it then dont read it and we would all be better off, for the rest of us here, if we click ignore beaneh and cottlad then their posts will not be seen so they cant annoy us anymore with their moaning!!!!!!

grow up lads or jog on, simple really
  • elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    beaneh and cottlad, in all fairness your just been 2 massive whingebags who have probably been donking their chips away all day and are now trying to find someone to vent their anger on, and mr kendall got in the way!! nothing wrong with this thread so if you dont like it then dont read it and we would all be better off, for the rest of us here, if we click ignore beaneh and cottlad then their posts will not be seen so they cant annoy us anymore with their moaning!!!!!! grow up lads or jog on, simple really
    Posted by webby234
    Whooooosh ............. that all went over your head didn't it?

This thread, although having people disagree with each other, has been mostly civil. If there's some growing up to be done then your post says it all Webby.
  • BrownnDogBrownnDog Member Posts: 729
    edited February 2010
    I don't think people actually appreciate just how bad this thread and the comment made live on the skypoker channel actually is. I made quite a deep run in the primo so  I was watching the skypoker channel and when I heard that comment I was stunned. And when I came on here to check the forum and saw this thread I was absolutely gob smacked. 

Lets just reverse the situation. If James had lost big or was losing big to the "guy" would have this thread been made? Of course not, Mr Kendall would have not wanted to offend or upset James. What is happening here is in fact, albeit indirectly, is the celebration of somebody losing. And not losing small amounts of money either, that most people can afford, it is large sums of money, that some people may never see in their lifetime. 

It is not like we are celebrating a tournament win, where they buy in is comparatively low and the chances of winning big far less. This is a high stakes cash game where the sums are huge and the consequences often life destroying. Do you ever see Phil Ivey, tom Dwan etc ever celebrate a big tournament win? Of course. Do you ever see them gloat at winning big vs. a player HU. Never. 

What if this person is so humiliated and embarrassed that he decides to not return to skypoker? How would you feel? 

On some forums post like these are deleted. This will be a big test for the Sky Mods to see whether they delete this

Browndog
  • webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Whooooosh ............. that all went over your head didn't it? This thread, although having people disagree with each other, has been mostly civil. If there's some growing up to be done then your post says it all Webby.
    Posted by elsadog
    elsa you must be reading with your eyes back to front lol

i'm off to bed before i get into stupid discussions like this anyway, too many moaners on here lately
  • IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Not really nice for the guy/s who lost a fortune.  Anonymity should be respected as far as hands go, unless it was on a TV table. TBH it's not really in order for sky staff to be almost whooping about this.... especially getting excited about it live on the primo show too.  Should be impartial always imo and respect the loser as much as congratulating the winner. Nice result James, WP :)
    Posted by cottlad
    tk never named the guy,

were you the guy no !

so  bu tt   out and lets us enjoy the entertainment ,

and yes if i see a big cash hu ,

i will inform the forum users,

its a open forum for all ,

now leave the old boy alone  lol !

or i set my Irish tongue on you pmsl .

over and out roborover !

edited February 2010
    beaneh and cottlad, in all fairness your just been 2 massive whingebags who have probably been donking their chips away all day and are now trying to find someone to vent their anger on, and mr kendall got in the way!! nothing wrong with this thread so if you dont like it then dont read it and we would all be better off, for the rest of us here, if we click ignore beaneh and cottlad then their posts will not be seen so they cant annoy us anymore with their moaning!!!!!! grow up lads or jog on, simple really
    Posted by webby234
    +1
  • Spike2120Spike2120 Member Posts: 112
    edited February 2010
    Rover you got it spot on as always lol
  • JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2010

Hi Brownn,

I didn't see the show, so I can't comment on what was said there.

However, this thread was simply informing us that a big game was going on if we wished to watch it. No one had won or lost when Tikay started it. I can't see any harm in that.

And the only thing I've seen on this thread has been the celebration of James winning, not the other guy losing, which is surely fair enough and how it should be.