You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW!

Comments

• elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW!:
    I don't think people actually appreciate just how bad this thread and the comment made live on the skypoker channel actually is. I made quite a deep run in the primo so  I was watching the skypoker channel and when I heard that comment I was stunned. And when I came on here to check the forum and saw this thread I was absolutely gob smacked.  Lets just reverse the situation If James had lost big or was losing big to the "guy" would have this thread been made? Of course not, Mr Kendall would have not wanted to offend or upset James. What is happening here is in fact, albeit indirectly, is the celebration of somebody losing. And not losing small amounts of money either, that most people can afford, it is large sums of money, that some people may never see in their lifetime.  It is not like we are celebrating a tournament win here, where they buy in is comparatively low and the chances of winning big far less. This is a high stakes cash game where the sums are huge and the consequences often life destroying. Do you ever see Phil Ivey, tom Dwan etc ever celebrate a big tournament win? Of course. Do you ever see them gloat at winning big vs. a player HU. Never.  What if this person is so humiliated and embarrassed that he decides to not return to skypoker? How would you feel?  On some forums post like these are deleted. This will be a big test for the Sky Mods to see whether they delete this Browndog
    Posted by BrownnDog

I fully agree with this. What an advertisement for Sky Poker. ''Come and play high stakes poker at Sky and if you lose big, we'll broadcast your losses and post it in the forum.''

That should bring them flooding in.

Abusing people who agree or disagree is totally out of order too, This forum is declining rapidly IMO. Who want's to be first to tell me to leave? (Form an orderly queue please).
  • BrownnDogBrownnDog Member Posts: 729
    edited February 2010
    lJAMESl has £10,812 in front of him!
    Posted by Tikay10

In response to the person that said that the thread was made BEFORE the "guy" lost big. This was the second post in.
  • 5toneFace5toneFace Member Posts: 246
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : In response to the person that said that the thread was made BEFORE the "guy" lost big. This was the second post in.
    Posted by BrownnDog
    How do u know this is all winnings? This could easily be James getting his own money back. So ur jumping to conclusion that James won this money off the other player. It was only James himself who said how much he won. Does that mean its the truth?
    I dont even know the name of the player who James was playing. This thread doesnt mention him. So all ur points are irrelevant.

Anyway im going bed.
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW!:
    beaneh and cottlad, in all fairness your just been 2 massive whingebags who have probably been donking their chips away all day and are now trying to find someone to vent their anger on, and mr kendall got in the way!! nothing wrong with this thread so if you dont like it then dont read it and we would all be better off, for the rest of us here, if we click ignore beaneh and cottlad then their posts will not be seen so they cant annoy us anymore with their moaning!!!!!! grow up lads or jog on, simple really
    Posted by webby234

I haven't played today, I cant have DONKED my chips off yet. That will come.
    As it is, I like TK alot and have a good relationship with him. He does/has done/and seemingly can go on forever working like a madman diligently on Sky and there that cant be named. I feel like I can view my opinions here and know full well that he started this thread with the best of intentions. I just believe that someone at sky isn't the best person to be starting a thread relating to results. Etiquette and fairness are the things upmost in my mind (that is most def not a dig at TK before you all complain either!). If you guys want to watch HU that's your right, you open the lobby and watch (and as stated I have no problems with people discussion matches in progress, I just don't like the idea that people that are running the site are also hand picking results, I wouldn't want for the hu opponent to be feeling like he could get different treatment to another player on the site).
    If there is anyone that needs to grow up it's you and stoneface. Saying jog on makes you sound like a danny dyer wannabe.
    Reposting to tell Elsa to 're-read your post' shows just little repsect you have. This thread has been a discussion and you and stone have been rude and unhelpful. 
    You'll probably have to block me as there's no way you'll be capable of reading all of that......
    edited February 2010
    Beaneh is absolutely correct. I would just like to clarify that I have HUGE respect for Tikay. I have even said in previous posts that Skypoker would not be the same without him. If tikay ever left it would be a very bad day for skypoker. I do not wish to cause contoversy, I just think certain poker principles should always be upheld.

Browndog
    edited February 2010
    I would also like to wholeheartedly apologise to Tikay if I have in anyway offended him

Browndog
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    I would also like to wholeheartedly apologise to Tikay if I have in anyway offended him Browndog
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Brown and I are agreeing!!

You should see us bi  tching at each other in chat in the past!!

Everyone under TK's banner ftw :D
  • lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2010
    Hi all

Have just got in and seen how ridiculous this thread has gotten out of hand. I think you should all lay off Tikay right away he has done nothing wrong, getting people to rail a HU match is absolutely fine when its big on Sky why not? I could of easily of lost myself the stacks were both £5k when he posted and thats absolutely true. On full tilt anyone can rail games and there are tonnes of sites that show wins/losses of players online. 

Sky doesnt show players overall wins/losses and my opponents name certainly wasn't mentioned once. Get off Tikays back please. As for it being announced on air I had no idea about that and didn't want a mention but Sky can say what they want to be honest aslong as they are not mentioning names. There is a show on Sky called 'top of the pots' where I have seen myself win and lose huge pots on air. I'm not going to cry about the ones I lost I think it's good for TV and within Skys right to show them.

I personally think if this match was to be replayed on Sky I would find this highly disrespectful to my opponent no matter how big our bankrolls are there is still pride involved and everyone hates losing, so my answer to that would be a definate No. 

I'm really disappointed in 2 players in this thread in particular you've decided to use half your posts on the entire forum in this thread getting on Tikays back. The players name hasn't been mentioned. He is the one that asked to play higher (£2000nl) when I was happy at £500nl. He can most definitely afford it. So stop worrying please guys we are both big boys and if I would of lost I would of taken it on the chin, I wouldn't of came on here crying because I lost in a HU game. Loads of people were railing before the thread was mentioned there were about 12 people all talking in the chat box at once. People rail my games all the time I'm sure they've seen me on big losing sessions aswell as big winning sessions, I'm not going to stop them there right to watch poker entertainment. 

• jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited February 2010

I know a few of the high stakes cash players on this site some i have are even friends.
    Thats right jimifloyds got friends!But some of the high stakes cash players on this thread are just a joke.

The fact of the matter is not about ettiquette but simply protecting there own interests.
    No-one has been named and railing the high stakes cash scene is part and parcel of every internet poker site.
    The guy who hasn't been named has not come forward and said its out of order so why are you guys bothered.
    For the simple reason that you are scared that you may be the one been railed next time and don't wanna get owned in front of an audience lol.

Funny this thread cause the majority of people for it are from all stakes of poker but the ones who are crying are all high stakes cash players,you see where i am coming from  ;).

edited February 2010
    I would just to like make some clarifications. First of all, I would like to apologise to Tikay, James, "the guy" and anybody else that has or may have been offended by any posts that I have made in this thread. It was not my intention to offend or show lack of respect toward anybody, I was merely expressing my opinion. I would just like to make the following points:

* I have huge respect for Tikay both as a poker player and analyst and as a member of the SkyPoker community. I did not in anyway intend for it to come across that Tikay was intentionally behaving in an unethical way or showing favouritism toward a specific player like some people in this thread have claimed. I believe Tikay to be of sound poker conscience and the pinnacle of poker standards, ethics and morals. He often goes above and beyond what is expected of him within the SkyPoker community and strives to help and advise anybody that needs such assistance.

* My original posts had nothing to do with the Total Player competition. I feel honoured and privileged to be part of the competition and do not take my place in it for granted. I was not in anyway trying to bring the competition into disrepute by, in anyway, suggesting that Tikay was in someway showing favouritism toward a Total Player nominee in James. I believe Tikay to be of sound judgement and integrity and I simply don't accept for one instant that he would ever do such a thing.

I have since spoken privately to James about this and I understand his irritation at mine and others posts on this issue. I have come to the conclusion that it was unwise for me to make the posts that I have and I instead should of kept my thoughts to myself on the matter as the risk of offending somebody, especially Tikay, was too high. I would like to gracefully withdraw the comments that I have previously made and apologise once again for any undue offence that I may have caused. I would urge everybody here to forget about this matter and to continue making the SkyPoker community the best it can be; thankfully with Tikay at the helm that shouldn't be a hard task to achieve.

All the best

Browndog
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited February 2010

I dunno about advertising and congratulating the winner - spare a thought for the other guy!!!

I dunno who it was, but I hope he/she could afford to lose that money ("was rolled")!

Always nice to see people win, but to win that amount of money is scaryyyyyyy, god knows what it feels like to lose it. 

I hope this guy is back - and from a personal point of view I would like to see him/her doing well. (not neccesserily against James btw!) Got that queezy feeling in my stomach thinking about it, I hope hes alright!!!

DOHH

• Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
    edited February 2010
    Congratulations James on your best win to date, I've been railing a few of your games for a while now, since seeing your AQ throwing off the KT. Quite a player and some day hope to pit my wits against you.

Good Luck and buy yourself something nice.

Oh and I have read every single post.... what a load of nonsense. I'm never out of forums elsewhere to see who won what and lost what as I watch High stakes HU just about everyday.
  • ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    edited February 2010

wow what a win vwd   tikay  i do think you are wrong as you did not pm me mate and i missed it lol

only looked at this well after it had finished 

very well done tikay for puting this up so that people had the chance to see what looks like a gg between two of skys high rollers

yet again to me you are the best thing sky have    your total respect for players and all the time you take to help people out and all the rest of you stuff you do for all of us   you sir are a true poker jedi master lol

i would like you to carry on with your posts and if there is any more games like this post again as the high % of us do appresate it   

ty again tk 

• Action_DanAction_Dan Member Posts: 341
    edited February 2010
    Quite unbelievable comments on here - most of what I wanted to say has been covered by James' last post so I'll just pick up on some points! If we're wrong to have post on forum/tv telling us about big heads up game and demanding apology from Sky, then surely don't stop there? There should be no "Top of the Pots" in future and when people cash in tournaments, you don't show their names and congratulate them because it might upset those who didn't so spare a thought for the buy in they've lost - threads been blown out of all proportions and my last two points are somewhat frivolous but it's quite ridiculous! 

It's already been mentioned that it was irrelevant who the person winning was - wasn't popularity contest or favouritism so if it had been lolufold, launder or sparce etc, the same sentiments would've been given! I appreciate it's an open forum so people are entitled to their views but therefore, you should accept Tikay's and others right to post something that's of interest to the majority of the community - I'll just end this with did people get upset when there was post about Antonius taking down $500k pot when he called with King high? Those sort of things are great viewing and get the forum buzzing - people didn't go "that's out of order, spare a thought for kingsofcards" because although we did, it's great poker entertainment and that's why we're here! 

I don't know who the guy that lost to James was but unless they come on here and say it's wrong and they're offended, then it shouldn't matter to anyone else - hope this incident doesn't "bully" Tikay into avoiding posting in the future!
  • ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited February 2010
    Quite unbelievable comments on here - most of what I wanted to say has been covered by James' last post so I'll just pick up on some points! If we're wrong to have post on forum/tv telling us about big heads up game and demanding apology from Sky, then surely don't stop there? There should be no "Top of the Pots" in future and when people cash in tournaments, you don't show their names and congratulate them because it might upset those who didn't so spare a thought for the buy in they've lost - threads been blown out of all proportions and my last two points are somewhat frivolous but it's quite ridiculous!  It's already been mentioned that it was irrelevant who the person winning was - wasn't popularity contest or favouritism so if it had been lolufold, launder or sparce etc, the same sentiments would've been given! I appreciate it's an open forum so people are entitled to their views but therefore, you should accept Tikay's and others right to post something that's of interest to the majority of the community - I'll just end this with did people get upset when there was post about Antonius taking down $500k pot when he called with King high? Those sort of things are great viewing and get the forum buzzing - people didn't go "that's out of order, spare a thought for kingsofcards" because although we did, it's great poker entertainment and that's why we're here!  I don't know who the guy that lost to James was but unless they come on here and say it's wrong and they're offended, then it shouldn't matter to anyone else - hope this incident doesn't "bully" Tikay into avoiding posting in the future!
    Posted by Action_Dan
    +1 spot on, nuff said
  • cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited February 2010
    Good grief!
    Why are some people intent on making a mountain out of a mouse tuuuurd?  I find it incredible that people can come here....post their views...... then be ganged up on by the likes of stoneface with their intelligent comments and well reasoned argument (lol.)
    I wanna get things cleared up now if i may.....

This thread is not an issue.  James winning is not an issue (massive congrats btw),  Naming the loser (which has already been done btw) is not the issue. 

The issue IS whether it is correct for a well respected sky employee and figurehead..... and sky presenters live on air...... to be seen as championing a sky regular/friend.  I would be quite happy starting this thread myself and maybe would have done if i'd seen the action.... I am impartial though and it would just be 1 guy saying to the rest 'come look at this!'

Let me ask you if you think the following are acceptable:

1) Tikay..... or RichOrf...... or Giddins ... or whoever at sky were to start a thread saying 'woohoo, James is winning loads.... go James go James!!!  Oh yipee he's won £10k+  This then gets aired on live skyTV with the presenters there letting off party popppers and chanting and cheering.  Go James woohoo!!!!!
    2) Sky employee starting a thread simply saying 'blimey, there's some action at £10/£20HU at the moment... go check it out!
    3) A non sky forumite starting a thread as per number 1) as above.
    4) A sky employee starting a thread about an action game with 'James is getting busy!!! and James is sat with £10k!'

For me my answers would be
    1) absolutely not
    2) absolutely yes
    3) absolutely yes
    4) hmmmmm this is encroaching the grey area between 1 & 2 (imo)

This is why i originally posted in this thread..... just my opinion......  not intentially wanting to get at tikay..... just passing on my thoughts about the situation.  If you don't agree with me then that's your perogative but puuurlleeeease...... enough of the 1 line childish retorts etc.

PS..... if you think that No. 1 above is totally fine then that's your choice also but for me it would be morally and professionally wrong.  If you don't fully agree with No.1 then you at least partially agree with what i'm trying to convey.

Once again massive congrats to James...... and to Tikay.... I'm a little disappointed you can't at least see the reasoning for potentially feeling uneasy about this thread but i respect yourself and the other posters views and will now officially shoot the fooook oooop lol. 
  • JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited February 2010
    I believe TK posted up with good intentions and i can understand he was excited at the stake level for this site.What seems to be the problem is the winner was a known player on this site if it was two unknowns there wouldn't be any disagreements on the thread.In the future if james is playing this level again and TK wants us to know perhaps create the thread big hu game right now name the table then lock thread leave it at that then we can go and rail the game.
  • JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited February 2010
    Good grief! Why are some people intent on making a mountain out of a mouse tuuuurd?  I find it incredible that people can come here....post their views...... then be ganged up on by the likes of stoneface with their intelligent comments and well reasoned argument (lol.) I wanna get things cleared up now if i may..... This thread is not an issue.  James winning is not an issue (massive congrats btw),  Naming the loser (which has already been done btw) is not the issue.  The issue IS whether it is correct for a well respected sky employee and figurehead..... and sky presenters live on air...... to be seen as championing a sky regular/friend.  I would be quite happy starting this thread myself and maybe would have done if i'd seen the action.... I am impartial though and it would just be 1 guy saying to the rest 'come look at this!' Let me ask you if you think the following are acceptable: 1) Tikay..... or RichOrf...... or Giddins ... or whoever at sky were to start a thread saying 'woohoo, James is winning loads.... go James go James!!!  Oh yipee he's won £10k+  This then gets aired on live skyTV with the presenters there letting off party popppers and chanting and cheering.  Go James woohoo!!!!! 2) Sky employee starting a thread simply saying 'blimey, there's some action at £10/£20HU at the moment... go check it out! 3) A non sky forumite starting a thread as per number 1) as above. 4) A sky employee starting a thread about an action game with 'James is getting busy!!! and James is sat with £10k!' For me my answers would be 1) absolutely not 2) absolutely yes 3) absolutely yes 4) hmmmmm this is encroaching the grey area between 1 & 2 (imo) This is why i originally posted in this thread..... just my opinion......  not intentially wanting to get at tikay..... just passing on my thoughts about the situation.  If you don't agree with me then that's your perogative but puuurlleeeease...... enough of the 1 line childish retorts etc. PS..... if you think that No. 1 above is totally fine then that's your choice also but for me it would be morally and professionally wrong.  If you don't fully agree with No.1 then you at least partially agree with what i'm trying to convey. Once again massive congrats to James...... and to Tikay.... I'm a little disappointed you can't at least see the reasoning for potentially feeling uneasy about this thread but i respect yourself and the other posters views and will now officially shoot the fooook oooop lol. 
    Posted by cottlad

Good post cott i agree with that it the 1,2,3,4 points just ignore trolls like webby he hasn't the brain to understand the situation and has been banned on here for his stupid thoughts and comments.

• Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
    edited February 2010
    Good grief! Why are some people intent on making a mountain out of a mouse tuuuurd?  I find it incredible that people can come here....post their views...... then be ganged up on by the likes of stoneface with their intelligent comments and well reasoned argument (lol.) I wanna get things cleared up now if i may..... This thread is not an issue.  James winning is not an issue (massive congrats btw),  Naming the loser (which has already been done btw) is not the issue.  The issue IS whether it is correct for a well respected sky employee and figurehead..... and sky presenters live on air...... to be seen as championing a sky regular/friend.  I would be quite happy starting this thread myself and maybe would have done if i'd seen the action.... I am impartial though and it would just be 1 guy saying to the rest 'come look at this!' Let me ask you if you think the following are acceptable: 1) Tikay..... or RichOrf...... or Giddins ... or whoever at sky were to start a thread saying 'woohoo, James is winning loads.... go James go James!!!  Oh yipee he's won £10k+  This then gets aired on live skyTV with the presenters there letting off party popppers and chanting and cheering.  Go James woohoo!!!!! 2) Sky employee starting a thread simply saying 'blimey, there's some action at £10/£20HU at the moment... go check it out! 3) A non sky forumite starting a thread as per number 1) as above. 4) A sky employee starting a thread about an action game with 'James is getting busy!!! and James is sat with £10k!' For me my answers would be 1) absolutely not 2) absolutely yes 3) absolutely yes 4) hmmmmm this is encroaching the grey area between 1 & 2 (imo) This is why i originally posted in this thread..... just my opinion......  not intentially wanting to get at tikay..... just passing on my thoughts about the situation.  If you don't agree with me then that's your perogative but puuurlleeeease...... enough of the 1 line childish retorts etc. PS..... if you think that No. 1 above is totally fine then that's your choice also but for me it would be morally and professionally wrong.  If you don't fully agree with No.1 then you at least partially agree with what i'm trying to convey. Once again massive congrats to James...... and to Tikay.... I'm a little disappointed you can't at least see the reasoning for potentially feeling uneasy about this thread but i respect yourself and the other posters views and will now officially shoot the fooook oooop lol. 
    Posted by cottlad
    Just about peed myself.
  • the_gibbthe_gibb Member Posts: 105
    edited February 2010
    Quite unbelievable comments on here - most of what I wanted to say has been covered by James' last post so I'll just pick up on some points! If we're wrong to have post on forum/tv telling us about big heads up game and demanding apology from Sky, then surely don't stop there? There should be no "Top of the Pots" in future and when people cash in tournaments, you don't show their names and congratulate them because it might upset those who didn't so spare a thought for the buy in they've lost - threads been blown out of all proportions and my last two points are somewhat frivolous but it's quite ridiculous!  It's already been mentioned that it was irrelevant who the person winning was - wasn't popularity contest or favouritism so if it had been lolufold, launder or sparce etc, the same sentiments would've been given! I appreciate it's an open forum so people are entitled to their views but therefore, you should accept Tikay's and others right to post something that's of interest to the majority of the community - I'll just end this with did people get upset when there was post about Antonius taking down $500k pot when he called with King high? Those sort of things are great viewing and get the forum buzzing - people didn't go "that's out of order, spare a thought for kingsofcards" because although we did, it's great poker entertainment and that's why we're here!  I don't know who the guy that lost to James was but unless they come on here and say it's wrong and they're offended, then it shouldn't matter to anyone else - hope this incident doesn't "bully" Tikay into avoiding posting in the future!
    Posted by Action_Dan

This is exactly right enough said...