You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW!

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,226
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW!:
    Good grief! Why are some people intent on making a mountain out of a mouse tuuuurd?  I find it incredible that people can come here....post their views...... then be ganged up on by the likes of stoneface with their intelligent comments and well reasoned argument (lol.) I wanna get things cleared up now if i may..... This thread is not an issue.  James winning is not an issue (massive congrats btw),  Naming the loser (which has already been done btw) is not the issue.  The issue IS whether it is correct for a well respected sky employee and figurehead..... and sky presenters live on air...... to be seen as championing a sky regular/friend.  I would be quite happy starting this thread myself and maybe would have done if i'd seen the action.... I am impartial though and it would just be 1 guy saying to the rest 'come look at this!' Let me ask you if you think the following are acceptable: 1) Tikay..... or RichOrf...... or Giddins ... or whoever at sky were to start a thread saying 'woohoo, James is winning loads.... go James go James!!!  Oh yipee he's won £10k+  This then gets aired on live skyTV with the presenters there letting off party popppers and chanting and cheering.  Go James woohoo!!!!! 2) Sky employee starting a thread simply saying 'blimey, there's some action at £10/£20HU at the moment... go check it out! 3) A non sky forumite starting a thread as per number 1) as above. 4) A sky employee starting a thread about an action game with 'James is getting busy!!! and James is sat with £10k!' For me my answers would be 1) absolutely not 2) absolutely yes 3) absolutely yes 4) hmmmmm this is encroaching the grey area between 1 & 2 (imo) This is why i originally posted in this thread..... just my opinion......  not intentially wanting to get at tikay..... just passing on my thoughts about the situation.  If you don't agree with me then that's your perogative but puuurlleeeease...... enough of the 1 line childish retorts etc. PS..... if you think that No. 1 above is totally fine then that's your choice also but for me it would be morally and professionally wrong.  If you don't fully agree with No.1 then you at least partially agree with what i'm trying to convey. Once again massive congrats to James...... and to Tikay.... I'm a little disappointed you can't at least see the reasoning for potentially feeling uneasy about this thread but i respect yourself and the other posters views and will now officially shoot the fooook oooop lol. 
    Posted by cottlad
    I have explained - several times - my reasoning for Posting the Thread, & the misfortune as to it's timing. I was not to know that either player was about to win. I would have championed either player, by the way, whoever won, & most Members & players know that.

I have also - twice - said that if I offended anyone, it was unintentional, & I apologise.

The suggestion that I am not impartial I find hurtful in the extreme, but I'm not gonna labour the point, my Posts right across the Forum in support of all who play here are all on the record.

Be assured, I will never Post such a thread ever again. My default setting is to douse down forum fires, not cause them, & I feel dreadfully uncomfortable when I see peeps arguing on, & about, a Thread I started.

I'm really not sure what else I can say, or how many more times I can say it.
  • elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    1) Tikay..... or RichOrf...... or Giddins ... or whoever at sky were to start a thread saying 'woohoo, James is winning loads.... go James go James!!!  Oh yipee he's won £10k+  This then gets aired on live skyTV with the presenters there letting off party popppers and chanting and cheering.  Go James woohoo!!!!!
    2) Sky employee starting a thread simply saying 'blimey, there's some action at £10/£20HU at the moment... go check it out!

The above quote from Cottlad, is for me, the crux of it. As James and the other person were playing on Sky, both are members. The fanfare celebrations are biased towards one player, when both are Sky members. For individuals to favour one over the other is fine. For Sky representatives to apparently favour one player is unbalanced.
  • the_gibbthe_gibb Member Posts: 105
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : I have explained - several times - my reasoning for Posting the Thread, & the misfortune as to it's timing. I was not to know that either player was about to win. I would have championed either player, by the way, whoever won, & most Members & players know that. I have also - twice - said that if I offended anyone, it was unintentional, & I apologise. The suggestion that I am not impartial I find hurtful in the extreme, but I'm not gonna labour the point, my Posts right across the Forum in support of all who play here are all on the record. Be assured, I will never Post such a thread ever again. My default setting is to douse down forum fires, not cause them, & I feel dreadfully uncomfortable when I see peeps arguing on, & about, a Thread I started. I'm really not sure what else I can say, or how many more times I can say it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay why dont you close this thread, just going round in circles with 2 diff opinions
    :-)

• cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited February 2010
    tikay i'm not saying you're not impartial.....or that the post you made had bad intentions..... i'm just saying that it could be construed as such.   If you disagree then that's absolutely fine but i, like everyone else, have an opinion.
  • JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited February 2010
    1) Tikay..... or RichOrf...... or Giddins ... or whoever at sky were to start a thread saying 'woohoo, James is winning loads.... go James go James!!!  Oh yipee he's won £10k+  This then gets aired on live skyTV with the presenters there letting off party popppers and chanting and cheering.  Go James woohoo!!!!! 2) Sky employee starting a thread simply saying 'blimey, there's some action at £10/£20HU at the moment... go check it out! The above quote from Cottlad, is for me, the crux of it. As James and the other person were playing on Sky, both are members. The fanfare celebrations are biased towards one player, when both are Sky members. For individuals to favour one over the other is fine. For Sky representatives to apparently favour one player is unbalanced.
    Posted by elsadog
    Well said elsadog
  • ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    edited February 2010

wow unreal to me it just seems like it keeps going back to tikay is in the wrong

at the end of the day what tikay has done for every1 on this site i personal believe he can if he wants to support some1 he has every wright to, i have seen him supporting near enough every 1 that has posted at some point in time but what i didn't see is a post being put up about that when he did, the two that was involved have no complaints about it and this to me is just like the 56P snowball rubbish just some1 wants a bit of attention

tikay has done nothing but his best for every1 on this site and to me there is just a hand full of people that just want to push at him 

to me this is down right wrong
  • lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2010
    This is becoming so ridiculous, get off Tikay's back seriously!  I've never seen anything like it in my life. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. 
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,226
    edited February 2010

Guys, we've thrashed it to death, there's nothing to be gained by debating it further, let's move on. Lessons have been learned.
    edited February 2010
    Guys, we've thrashed it to death, there's nothing to be gained by debating it further, let's move on. Lessons have been learned.
    Posted by Tikay10
    +10
  • dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited February 2010
    Ihonestly dont see the big deal! the guy lost say 5buy ins!

I lose 5 buy ins every day!!!

The dude that lost wont give 2 monkeys as he's obviously rolled for those limits, as they have been playing since the game with james!

It was a thread to get people railing a big game for sky standards, but 2 put it into perspective, its like a 20nl player losing 100 quid, its all comparative to bankroll.

They are rolled for it, they take the hit and move on!

"mountain out of a mouse tu rd" class line, made me chuckle!
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    Dan I dont think the issue is the BIs/how rolled the player is.  I think its the fact it was mentioned on the TV channel.  That is something that I find pretty out of taste.

Will be interesting to know if the guy in question knows about his new found fame, and how he takes to it....with it being mentioned on the TV channel, there must have been a couple of railbirds saying stuff in the chat....
  • dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited February 2010
    If the other dude had won, they would ov given him a shout out!

Ive seen loads of threads saying 'ooo lolufold sat with 500bb' etc...

The guy wont give 2 hooots! He'll get all the action he wants! (but his name aint mentioned so...)
  • ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited February 2010
    Lol when somebody asked James's opponent earlier, who is being discussed here obviously, today about this forum thread he just said "loooooooooooooooooooool"..... he thought it was absolutely hilarious and didint seem to care one bit!

Tikay is simply not at Fault..... in fact I have asked him several times to adopt me as his Grandson lol..... and btw nice win James, keep it up.

• OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited February 2010

If the other dude had won, they would ov given him a shout out! Ive seen loads of threads saying 'ooo lolufold sat with 500bb' etc... The guy wont give 2 hooots! He'll get all the action he wants! (but his name aint mentioned so...)
    Posted by dantb10

I have personally started a thread saying `lolufold sitting 750bb deep at nl500`, never got any stick for it.

edited February 2010
    Who is bored of this now...
  • zxghostxzzxghostxz Member Posts: 482
    edited February 2010
    Ihonestly dont see the big deal! the guy lost say 5buy ins! I lose 5 buy ins every day!!! The dude that lost wont give 2 monkeys as he's obviously rolled for those limits, as they have been playing since the game with james! It was a thread to get people railing a big game for sky standards, but 2 put it into perspective, its like a 20nl player losing 100 quid, its all comparative to bankroll. They are rolled for it, they take the hit and move on! "mountain out of a mouse tu rd" class line, made me chuckle!
    Posted by dantb10
    haw can you say loseing  10 grand is no big deal?  id be looking for a gun.
  • TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited February 2010
    I for one was really excited at getting to rail some live nose-bleed poker and don't have the time to trawl the tables waiting for this sort of action to happen (few and far between) so if the problem is that TK brought this match to our attention then maybe someone like Acebarry10 could post the info up instead? I would hate to think that we can't be told about these games!

If i'm understanding this correctly, when TK was observing the tables the stacks were even, it just so happens that lJAMESl won on this occasion, however it could have been the other way round.

This was mentioned earlier in the thread...Maybe there should be a seperate thread where we can all post if we hear of/know about 'big' games that are going on?

Didn't see the Primo live this week so can't comment on that aspect until I catch the re-run...

x

• beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    Hi all Have just got in and seen how ridiculous this thread has gotten out of hand. I think you should all lay off Tikay right away he has done nothing wrong, getting people to rail a HU match is absolutely fine when its big on Sky why not? I could of easily of lost myself the stacks were both £5k when he posted and thats absolutely true. On full tilt anyone can rail games and there are tonnes of sites that show wins/losses of players online.  Sky doesnt show players overall wins/losses and my opponents name certainly wasn't mentioned once. Get off Tikays back please. As for it being announced on air I had no idea about that and didn't want a mention but Sky can say what they want to be honest aslong as they are not mentioning names. There is a show on Sky called 'top of the pots' where I have seen myself win and lose huge pots on air. I'm not going to cry about the ones I lost I think it's good for TV and within Skys right to show them. I personally think if this match was to be replayed on Sky I would find this highly disrespectful to my opponent no matter how big our bankrolls are there is still pride involved and everyone hates losing, so my answer to that would be a definate No.  I'm really disappointed in 2 players in this thread in particular you've decided to use half your posts on the entire forum in this thread getting on Tikays back. The players name hasn't been mentioned. He is the one that asked to play higher (£2000nl) when I was happy at £500nl. He can most definitely afford it. So stop worrying please guys we are both big boys and if I would of lost I would of taken it on the chin, I wouldn't of came on here crying because I lost in a HU game. Loads of people were railing before the thread was mentioned there were about 12 people all talking in the chat box at once. People rail my games all the time I'm sure they've seen me on big losing sessions aswell as big winning sessions, I'm not going to stop them there right to watch poker entertainment.   
    Posted by lJAMESl

Sigh does anyone read posts?

No ones had a dig AT TK, people just instantly defend him. Yes he started the thread but it's the general idea that Sky employees shouldn't be the ones involved in disseminating results. 

Also notice that you play on TV tables to allow your hands to be shown, the HU match wasn't so it wouldn't reach top of the pots or whatever it's called.

Your 3 rd point seems counter intuitive to what you've said above. Then again i've not even considered the idea of showing the whole match because that's just lol.

Half my posts to get at TK? babes, learn to read. And as you say you have had big losing sessions before (I can think of one recently!) BUT we didn't have a congratulations thread for that winner from Sky employees..... It's best if it just doesn't come from up top. The forum is a place for the community and railing is a  big part of that I just don't think the direction should be coming from those that also advertise the site. I have repeated that about 8 times but most don't seem to read posts, especially the longer ones. Everyone just wants to take things as an insult or dig (especially towards TK).

In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW!:
    The suggestion that I am not impartial I find hurtful in the extreme.
    Posted by Tikay10

I hope you dont think that because of me...

Do you find it hurtful when someone thinks online poker is rigged or asks a question in area 51? 

It's not about whether YOU ARE IMPARTIAL or WHETHER ONLINE POKER IS RIGGED, because we know the answer to both of those. 

It's about HOW IT SEEMS to a random outsider which Is why I think a forummer should start railing-esque threads.

• lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2010
    Beaneh just give a rest! You have 32 posts on here and half of them you've used to cause arguments or controversy... on another site you actually use your posts well. 

What's the point honestly? To make yourself look like a big suit? This is a forum everyones entitled to there opinion but here I'm sorry but you are more interested in sticking your 2 pence worth in than actually saying anything constructive. 

Also there are no TV HU tables have you not noticed, I would play on them if there was I don't care who watches me. I suggest you write into full tilt and ask them to ban highstakes db and poker table ratings as you are so concerned about it. This is not even close to what those sites do showing winnnings and losses of players which is what they do. I would never ask anyone to replay the HU match because its disrespectful to my opponent as simple as that. If I lost the match sure my pride would of been damaged too but I'm not gonna cry about it or make some argumentative posts on the forum to stir trouble.

All these whinging posts are a total waste of time, causes more harm than good. You really need to leave it now its boring honestly.
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    Beaneh just give a rest! You have 32 posts on here and half of them you've used to cause arguments or controversy... on another site you actually use your posts well.  What's the point honestly? To make yourself look like a big suit? This is a forum everyones entitled to there opinion but here I'm sorry but you are more interested in sticking your 2 pence worth in than actually saying anything constructive.  Also there are no TV HU tables have you not noticed, I would play on them if there was I don't care who watches me. I suggest you write into full tilt and ask them to ban highstakes db and poker table ratings as you are so concerned about it. This is not even close to what those sites do showing winnnings and losses of players which is what they do. I would never ask anyone to replay the HU match because its disrespectful to my opponent as simple as that. If I lost the match sure my pride would of been damaged too but I'm not gonna cry about it or make some argumentative posts on the forum to stir trouble. All these whinging posts are a total waste of time, causes more harm than good. You really need to leave it now its boring honestly.
    Posted by lJAMESl

mate you haven't read my post again. nor do you seem to understand why i've posted.

Try reading again?

Also just so you realise, FTP etc do not host results and Coward Folderer doesn't come out saying so and so won lots todays.  There has been months of discussions about opr/hsdb etc etc that's not the same as this situation.

So again re read my posts, or Elsa's as she sums my thoughts up nicely.

Criticising my post count is just lol, especially considering we know each other. Most posts in this thread have been childish/defensive even when there is no reason to be. 

Do you actually see where i'm coming from or just think you are being attacked along with the out and out attack on TK!?