You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW!

Comments

• Options
    LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW!:
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : What do they recommend?
    Posted by 5toneFace
    every single piece of poker bankroll advice pretty much reckons 1 or 2 percent of your roll,so it's "very hard" to see that adding up here,thus the thread is highlighting br management that goes against all recommendations.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited February 2010
    Right that's it now! I've kept quiet but now Scotty77 has forced me to post. LML is the most recognizable face of Sky Poker, not Tikay ;-)
  • Options
    5toneFace5toneFace Member Posts: 246
    edited February 2010
    Well im no mathematician (actually I am) but, If ur going on 2percent, then they would need 100k. If ur going on 1percent, then 200k. So 500k???????? Maybe next time u should do the maths before u start firing random numbers.

If u want to know exactly how I worked it out or would like any other Maths lessons PM me!! Standard rates apply
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well im no mathematician (actually I am) but, If ur going on 2percent, then they would need 100k. If ur going on 1percent, then 200k. So 500k???????? Maybe next time u should do the maths before u start firing random numbers. If u want to know exactly how I worked it out or would like any other Maths lessons PM me!! Standard rates apply
    Posted by 5toneFace
    10.8 k is 1 percent of just over 1 million.
    5.4 k is 1 percent of 540k

figures are based on the probable seating amounts according to the op's post...nothing else i can go on if they were different.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    1p is 1pc of £1.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol u officially have no clue. So u need £1million now? As i said earlier, PM me if u want to know how I worked it out. Im not replying again. Good luck building ur own BR!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol u officially have no clue. As i said earlier, PM me if u want to know how I worked it out. Im not replying again. Good luck building ur own BR!!
    Posted by 5toneFace
    very little more i can add if you are denying the most basic of maths.

ciao.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    1p is 1pc of £1.
    Posted by scotty77

..... and 1c is 1% of $1.   Proper maths this is.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited February 2010
    Let me try to help.

We are talking about a No Limit TexasHold 'Em table where the big blind is £20.
    The maximum buy in would be 100 big blinds.
    100 * £20 = £2,000 so this is the maximum that either player could have sat with.
    If we used the 5% BRM rule favoured by many people we would need a bankroll of 20 * £2,000 = £40,000 to sit at this table.

If I have got this wrong, I'm sure that someone will correct me.

I hope that this helps.
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    5tone - ignore Longplay.  he appears to be devoid of any sense at all.  whatever he posts is just a ramble of words.  coming in on here thinking this is a discussion about bankroll LOL. James/TK - i think its obvious that beaneh doesn't care about the fact that the HU match was highlighted.  What is the issue is that it was mentioned on the TV channel and also brought to the forums attention by TK.  TK is the most recognisable face of sky poker, and it could easily be seen as bias, especially as it is well known that you and TK are good friends outside of the poker table too. now everyone who knows TK will also know that this is not the case.  he was simply letting the forum know of a entertaining HU encounter taking place at the nosebleeeds, with one of the players being a well liked and respected forum member. if it was started by a random donk like me then there wouldn't be an issue.  however i do think that it could be seen as bias by any outside member/passing lurker/the villain himself.
    Posted by scotty77

So tempted with a childish defending TK response lol. 

As it is the BRM squabble is silly, everyone knows the amount you need to play 10/20, lots obv!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I once had £80 on a 2p/4p table, I think that means I need a bankroll of £8k to play 2p/4p,

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Let me try to help. We are talking about a No Limit TexasHold 'Em table where the big blind is £20. The maximum buy in would be 100 big blinds. 100 * £20 = £2,000 so this is the maximum that either player could have sat with. If we used the 5% BRM rule favoured by many people we would need a bankroll of 20 * £2,000 = £40,000 to sit at this table. If I have got this wrong, I'm sure that someone will correct me. I hope that this helps.
    Posted by MereNovice

Even with your silly pm telling me to shut up...

fwiw  20 buyins is not enough, especially not for HU.
  • Options
    the_gibbthe_gibb Member Posts: 105
    edited February 2010
    Seriously delete this thread, it's like a **** circus..

There is about 5 people here who have no clue about poker, yet claim to be experts, TK shut this down!!

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Seriously delete this thread, it's like a **** circus.. There is about 5 people here who have no clue about poker, yet claim to be experts, TK shut this down!!
    Posted by the_gibb

What are you talking about. Learn to have a discussion.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    would be interesting to hear from a pro whether they consider the amount they "sat with"   or the amount they "spun that up to"  to be the true percentage of their bankroll......ie--if a player with 500k sits with 2k  and spins that up to 50k  does he consider himself to then be at the table with 1/250th of his roll(his original buy in)  or 1/10th of his roll(his current position due to the profit)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : So tempted with a childish defending TK response lol.  As it is the BRM squabble is silly, everyone knows the amount you need to play 10/20, lots obv!!!
    Posted by beaneh
    :picard:
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,690
    edited February 2010
    sooooo james you gonna give me any money ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    would be interesting to hear from a pro whether they consider the amount they "sat with"   or the amount they "spun that up to"  to be the true percentage of their bankroll......ie--if a player with 500k sits with 2k  and spins that up to 50k  does he consider himself to then be at the table with 1/250th of his roll(his original buy in)  or 1/10th of his roll(his current position due to the profit)
    Posted by LONGPLAY

depends whether he is a philosopher lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    no one cares.
  • Options
    the_gibbthe_gibb Member Posts: 105
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : What are you talking about. Learn to have a discussion.
    Posted by beaneh

We have flogged this to death bean don't you agree?

Take a chill pill i was trying to have a laugh!