You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Markycash diary - It's been a while! Anyone up for Twitch?

Comments

• Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited October 2017
    Excellent news.
    All the best.
    Rainman
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,281
    edited October 2017
    Great news, just out of interest are your lectures standard length or 8 hours each? Do the students wear those earphones that supply translations?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,819
    edited October 2017

^^^^^

Good work Tuney, good work, love it.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,155
    edited October 2017
    Nice one Dave
  • Options
    TimmyRaRaTimmyRaRa Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2017
    Wiiiiii Lets go!!
  • Options
    ommomm Member Posts: 444
    edited October 2017
    Congrats and well done with the perseverance.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for the lovely comments all, truly touched, you are an amazing bunch :)

It hasn't quite sunk in yet that I do not need to trawl through mountains of job applications each day. I don't know what it all means in relation to hours etc yet but I will pull out every stop to try and have a very positive influence on the teaching environment.

Going to research some of the subjects today that I will be available to teach as they are very broad ranging and include; psychology, sociology, social sciences, early years, counselling, community development, nursing, social services, social care, childcare etc etc. Have to pop over to do the pre-employment stuff next week and then I am good to go.

Hope you are all doing great on and off the tables. Nice to see the new forum looking so good, hopefully that will give the forum in general a little boost.

Will try and play some poker at some point next week and move the diary in the direction of some poker content (seeing as it is a poker forum and all lol).

Thanks again everyone, really nice of you to take the time to offer the lovely comments that you have!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary - Woohoo!:
    Great news, just out of interest are your lectures standard length or 8 hours each? Do the students wear those earphones that supply translations?
    Posted by Enut
    Thanks Paul. Hopefully I am not confined by such stringent time frames :-D

Earphones will of course be provided lol.

I might write an essay without a word limit and if anyone is out of line they have to read it. That should discourage any shenanigans!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    edited October 2017
    Well done Marky, great result , sure your poker game will improve also now the pressure has lifted a bit.
     Take care, run well .
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited October 2017
    Congratulations Marky :)
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited October 2017
    Many congrats Marky.  Hope it requires less hours than a rake race.

Hope it goes well for you.
  • Options
    GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 383
    edited October 2017
    Hey Mark. Congratulations on the job, must be a relief, really pleased for you. Just in time for you to crush UKOPS... again.

When you say College is that Secondary School (11-16 year olds) or a College that's for 17+ year olds?

My son has just selected sociology and psychology for his GCSE's, I don't think he really knows why though!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Again many thanks all, sincerely appreciated :)

In Response to Re: Markycash diary - Woohoo!:
    Hey Mark. Congratulations on the job, must be a relief, really pleased for you. Just in time for you to crush UKOPS... again. When you say College is that Secondary School (11-16 year olds) or a College that's for 17+ year olds? My son has just selected sociology and psychology for his GCSE's, I don't think he really knows why though!
    Posted by GREGSTER

Hey Gregster, hope all is well with you. Was really nice to meet you in Vegas!

It is mostly 16+ with students studying subjects from National 4 level up to HND level but there are also some high school students who come from a variety of local schools to study some of their subjects at college.

I would say the choice your son made of Sociology and Psychology subjects are very good ones. I understand some people would disagree but my uni degree was in psychology and the range of jobs you can apply for via these subjects is very wide. Sociology also provides a great insight into how society works as a whole and psychology provides a deep insight into human behaviour and the things that influence this.

Regarding UKOPS - Hmm, I had assumed it was a bit late for this (did not realise it had not even started yet). I still have a load going on IRL and could end up starting work very soon (will find out more on Monday) so I had given up on this. You have got me thinking though! I haven't kept a bankroll aside for the bigger events as this was something I planned to deal with a little later and then build for the WSOP. I might flirt with some events initially though and see how it goes. I think my Bankroll for the last UKOPS was about 10 BI's and that worked out fine lol. So who knows :)

You hoping to make the 2018 WSOP pilgrimage to Vegas next year?

223 sleeps until then - not that I am counting or anything :-p

• Options
    IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    edited October 2017
    Congratulations mate glad it's been sorted
  • Options
    GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 383
    edited October 2017
    Again many thanks all, sincerely appreciated :) In Response to  Re: Markycash diary - Woohoo! : Hey Gregster, hope all is well with you. Was really nice to meet you in Vegas! It is mostly 16+ with students studying subjects from National 4 level up to HND level but there are also some high school students who come from a variety of local schools to study some of their subjects at college. I would say the choice your son made of Sociology and Psychology subjects are very good ones. I understand some people would disagree but my uni degree was in psychology and the range of jobs you can apply for via these subjects is very wide. Sociology also provides a great insight into how society works as a whole and psychology provides a deep insight into human behaviour and the things that influence this. Regarding UKOPS - Hmm, I had assumed it was a bit late for this (did not realise it had not even started yet). I still have a load going on IRL and could end up starting work very soon (will find out more on Monday) so I had given up on this. You have got me thinking though! I haven't kept a bankroll aside for the bigger events as this was something I planned to deal with a little later and then build for the WSOP. I might flirt with some events initially though and see how it goes. I think my Bankroll for the last UKOPS was about 10 BI's and that worked out fine lol. So who knows :) You hoping to make the 2018 WSOP pilgrimage to Vegas next year? 223 sleeps until then - not that I am counting or anything :-p
    Posted by markycash
    Thanks for the thoughts on sociology and psychology. Regarding Vegas, not sure if I will try and qualify on merit or not this time, will have a see nearer the time. (Obviously easier just to win a raffle!).

Good luck in UKOPS if you do try a few events and good luck in the new job.
  • Options
    CATCH-22CATCH-22 Member Posts: 270
    edited October 2017
    silemt reader
    congrats m8 all the best in your new roll     tid
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited October 2017
    Just catching up and great to see the good news.

I have done some training in the past and I have recently started teaching in a formal setting (L4 apprenticeship) and I am loving it. 

PS Is this how you feel when you talk to Tikay?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Just catching up and great to see the good news. I have done some training in the past and I have recently started teaching in a formal setting (L4 apprenticeship) and I am loving it.  PS Is this how you feel when you talk to Tikay? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU
    Posted by Phantom66
    Ha, that is very good indeed.

I gave up trying to understand, or say "pardon?", "what?" or "eh?". I just nodded wisely & he soon went away.

Did I ever tell you that whilst he was supposed to be "helping me" in Vegas, he was actually perving a female poker player 24/7? He had the hots for Sofia Lovgren, he was like a dog on heat.