You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Token of Appreciation. Pledge of Positivity. Thanks to all who have signed the petition!

Comments

• Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited November 2018
    Cheers Me too.

Regged up and Revved up.

TURBO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21WRuSa3B9o
    Not a lot to say really,

Bricked all 3 I played.

Actually managed to hold in some hands and even turned over KK with A8s, flopped a flush. Fair shove in an unopened pot (C/O or button) with about 12BBs. KK chap didn't agree.

Did have an interesting call at one point. I shoved AT and opponent types I am off goodbye and calls with 72o. I was amazed not to lose that pot. He had me covered so proceeded to shove every hand until he bust. His money can do what he likes I suppose but why that?

B/R now £31.19

Still enough for 2 more nights.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Phantom66 said:

Not a lot to say really,

Bricked all 3 I played.

Actually managed to hold in some hands and even turned over KK with A8s, flopped a flush. Fair shove in an unopened pot (C/O or button) with about 12BBs. KK chap didn't agree.

Did have an interesting call at one point. I shoved AT and opponent types I am off goodbye and calls with 72o. I was amazed not to lose that pot. He had me covered so proceeded to shove every hand until he bust. His money can do what he likes I suppose but why that?

B/R now £31.19

Still enough for 2 more nights.

Tbf a tactic i often use when i get a pub text
    edited November 2018
    Personally I just type "sorry got to go, don't fight too hard over my blinds" or some such and leave my chips on the table.

And so to tonight.

6.30 £2.20 b/h Lasted just over an hour but to be fair only regged with about 58 mins on the clock. Lost my 1st flip. Maybe didn't need to knowingly flip but having raised and been put allin by the BB, the odds were at least there.

7.30 £5.50 b/h Actually made my 1st profit in the Mini-UKOPs taking 3 heads for £6.10. Some actual run good to make a set aipf with the underpair. Didn't quite get to the money though, had to shove a few times so wouldn't get blinded out and looking for a double up when getting short. Eventually A8 ran into AQ.

9.30 £3.30 turbo b/h Was sat on same table as lolufold and SidV79. Took some chips early doors off lolufold, wish I could say I outplayed him but basically reraised pre got a call and flopped a set with KK. Tried to get him to put some more chips in but didn't manage it down 3 streets. Mark of a very good player not bluffing just because has the opportunity to, needs a solid reason. Was going along quite nicely until lolufold raises, I reraise ai BB calls who I cover then lolufold ai too. I have AA lolufold 89s BB Q9. GG me, nh Redmond (trip 8s).

The Stats...

Starting balance £51.31
    Entries 9
    Buyins -£33
    Cashes 0 for £0
    Bounties 4 for £7.98

Current balance £46.62

No my maths is not off, new entry coming in

Other site promotions £20.33

Every little helps. Having fun and less than a £5 note down (and I would have spent more than had I gone to the pub instead). Not much help with the tooth fund though.

GL all tomorrow, really looking forward to the PLO8 - Come say hi if you can/want

• HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,139
    Going to play the OH8 tomorrow, played one last week for first time in ages so it will be on the list tomorrow albeit I have my daughters Guide run right in the middle. Hope to see you on tables.
    edited December 2018
    I promised a gentleman of the forum that my next post would be positive and about poker.

Unfortunately I cannot combine the 2 in one paragraph but overall I can keep that promise...

My Mini-UKOPs revival didn't end well on the poker front, although I came very close on my last day. In the end I lost a crucial flip a few off the money. I might post that hand later because what looks like a simple flip may not have been. Hopefully I could learn something.

My biggest disappointment was playing terribly in the PLO8 tournament. I was trying an aggressive stand on part connected boards with scoop draws. On 2 occasions I ran into disguised top sets and I didn't improve. In the early stages of a PLO8 tournament I could have got away both times with plenty more chips left.

For me though overall while negative on the cash front, it was great to be involved in poker again. On reflection I was too involved too quickly which affected performance. Generally I was a bit rusty, made a few mistakes especially when multi-tabling.

Since then I have been away twice with the lovely Mrs P. It was a milestone birthday last month.

While I dodged the bullet on the Rick Astley front last time, this time I booked tickets for the Liverpool Echo Arena. We had great seats and made a weekend of it with a stay in a hotel on the docks and a fantastic pre-event meal. Actually enjoyed the concert and got involved (not as much as Mrs P on either front) but I had a good time and it was amazing to see her have such a fantastic time.

I have done a similar thing for us with Take That in Manchester next year, and it turns out Rick Astley will be supporting them.

We also had a week away in a cottage near Stratford-Upon-Avon, taking in Stratford, some idyllic Cotswold villages and Birmingham Christmas markets and also chilling and reading and eating (too much).

Just had some good news from my eldest Son, he has got final confirmation of his overall LLM award #ProudDad and on the same day he got a 6 month contract in Geneva.

Proud, delighted for him but we will miss him as it's been good to have him around for a few months.

His LLM was in International Humanitarian Law. He has already spent 2 years in the Middle East working with Refugee charities and when completing his Masters at York he did voluntary work with a local charity (Refugee Action York) supporting young refugees settling in the area.

One of my favourite days of the year was missing England play in a world cup to watch his charity's team of young refugees enter a football competition in Leeds. A sunny day and so many happy people from an extremely diverse set of communities.

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/latest/news/671_players_stories_from_leeds_refugee_world_cup

Hopefully that will also give some context as to my beliefs and passion when it comes to inclusivity and support for vulnerable people of all backgrounds.

I shall be returning to the "curate's egg" of a thread in due course, just in a better place so that I don't respond directly to goading/trolling.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,812

"Just had some good news from my eldest Son, he has got final confirmation of his overall LLM award #ProundDad and on the same day he got a 6 month contract in Geneva.

Proud, delighted for him but we will miss him as it's been good to have him around for a few months.

His LLM was in International Humanitarian Law. He has already spent 2 years in the Middle East working with Refugee charities and when completing his Masters at York he did voluntary work with a local charity supporting young refugees settling in the area.

One of my favourite days of the year was missing England play in a world cup to watch his charity's team of young refugees enter a football competition in Leeds. A sunny day and so many happy people from an extremely diverse set of communities."

My oh my, you must be a very proud Dad. And quite right too.
    Lovely post Phantom

Just my twopenneth but i’d refrain from posting in a couple of threads if i was you.
    There’s nothing to be gained from trying to have a reasoned discussion with horrible racists and nasty trolls.
    Thanks Jac - I don't post in one of those threads, although for some reason I was quoted in it.

As to the other thread, too late I posted again before I saw this.

However on balance, bad things happen if good people do nothing. I will continue to challenge the views of Stephen Laxley Lennon and his fans but I will be reading and posting on that thread a lot less.

People have been warned. In Tikay we trust.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,812
    Type your comment
    Phantom66 said:

Thanks Jac - I don't post in one of those threads, although for some reason I was quoted in it.

However on balance, bad things happen if good people do nothing. I will continue to challenge the views of Stephen Laxley Lennon and his fans but I will be reading and posting on that thread a lot less.

I got the impression that the post in question was mistakenly posted on the Brexit thread but was intended for the TR thread, as it had no context at all on the Brexit thread.

• dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

Phantom66 said:

I got the impression that the post in question was mistakenly posted on the Brexit thread but was intended for the TR thread, as it had no context at all on the Brexit thread.

Correct . For some reason it held on to it on my next post on brexit thread.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    Phantom66 said:

I promised a gentleman of the forum that my next post would be positive and about poker.

Unfortunately I cannot combine the 2 in one paragraph but overall I can keep that promise...

My Mini-UKOPs revival didn't end well on the poker front, although I came very close on my last day. In the end I lost a crucial flip a few off the money. I might post that hand later because what looks like a simple flip may not have been. Hopefully I could learn something.

My biggest disappointment was playing terribly in the PLO8 tournament. I was trying an aggressive stand on part connected boards with scoop draws. On 2 occasions I ran into disguised top sets and I didn't improve. In the early stages of a PLO8 tournament I could have got away both times with plenty more chips left.

For me though overall while negative on the cash front, it was great to be involved in poker again. On reflection I was too involved too quickly which affected performance. Generally I was a bit rusty, made a few mistakes especially when multi-tabling.

Since then I have been away twice with the lovely Mrs P. It was a milestone birthday last month.

While I dodged the bullet on the Rick Astley front last time, this time I booked tickets for the Liverpool Echo Arena. We had great seats and made a weekend of it with a stay in a hotel on the docks and a fantastic pre-event meal. Actually enjoyed the concert and got involved (not as much as Mrs P on either front) but I had a good time and it was amazing to see her have such a fantastic time.

I have done a similar thing for us with Take That in Manchester next year, and it turns out Rick Astley will be supporting them.

We also had a week away in a cottage near Stratford-Upon-Avon, taking in Stratford, some idyllic Cotswold villages and Birmingham Christmas markets and also chilling and reading and eating (too much).

Just had some good news from my eldest Son, he has got final confirmation of his overall LLM award #ProudDad and on the same day he got a 6 month contract in Geneva.

His LLM was in International Humanitarian Law. He has already spent 2 years in the Middle East working with Refugee charities and when completing his Masters at York he did voluntary work with a local charity (Refugee Action York) supporting young refugees settling in the area.

One of my favourite days of the year was missing England play in a world cup to watch his charity's team of young refugees enter a football competition in Leeds. A sunny day and so many happy people from an extremely diverse set of communities.

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/latest/news/671_players_stories_from_leeds_refugee_world_cup

Hopefully that will also give some context as to my beliefs and passion when it comes to inclusivity and support for vulnerable people of all backgrounds.

I shall be returning to the "curate's egg" of a thread in due course, just in a better place so that I don't respond directly to goading/trolling.

That's a great post.

You have no need to post in the other thread. You have won it already
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Echo the positive sentiments above , great post from a true gentleman. “ Milestone birthday” ey, can I steal that phrase ? 😊
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    A nice post.

Best wishes to all the P family.
    I get the irony
    Do as I say and not as I do 😊
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    You should be very proud, congrats.
    From another part of the forum. I am trying to avoid the Brexit thread but I think it is fair for me to reply to a post directed at me on my own thread and I will name who I want, especially if they are the person who name tagged me on that thread in the first place and then again in their last post.

It would appear that despite the other thread being closed down for abuse ,@Phantom66 you are determined to bring it over to this [Brexit] thread as well . I would ask you not to mention my name again in any context ..as you quite rightly say people are able to see a vile question for themselves by going onto that thread . Once again , I ask you to desist in mentioning my name and trying to provoke an argument, this is a thread about Brexit. Flagged for Tikay10

Can you not see the irony that you complain about me posting in an irrelevant thread when:

1) It was you who named me in that thread in the 1st place (even if it was accidentally) taking a quote over from the other one.
    2) I had been trying to politely get my requoted posts removed from that thread without reactivating an old discussion
    3) It was your pal Rainman who thought it funny to requote your comments after I asked them to be removed.
    4) Flagged it for Tikay? How did that turn out for you?

Anyhay I consider that my final right to reply

___________________________________________________________________________________

Line drawn.

Moving on....

Will be back to Poker tomorrow
    So I played some poker.

Opted in to the Christmas Cracker promotion. Needed 20pts to qualify for an all-in FR so opened a couple of turbo DYMs. KK < QQ set the tone.

Tried a PL08 DYM, good to chat to the PL08 champ himself. WP for kicking the backy. AJ showed his skill is still intact when he bossed the table for a while, spinning 1.25 chips up to around 400 before getting unlucky.

I had the chip lead for a while, finished 4th.

Entered a £1 PL08 MTT. Ran well. Won it.

A short spinup table run got me over the 20 points for the day. Was up for a while until ran FH into quads. Still only minor damage overall.

Current bankroll is £74.35. Still a way off the crown but 2 months to go.

• tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Good stuff Mark, I shall be playing this evening so hope to see you in the 08 tourney- remember though, I’m a lucky so and so 😉
    I missed late reg for the £5 B/H so only got into the £3 and £1 PL08s.

Didn't last long enough in the £3 to catch you at a table Tom and I cashed in neither so missed the prize draw.

I doubt I will be able to play tonight so I have just earned the 20pts to get me in the Christmas Cracker FR for Friday.

Also on 70pts for the week so I need to make that 100 and start saving up those tokens again.