You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Token of Appreciation. Pledge of Positivity. Thanks to all who have signed the petition!

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Good luck with continuing to be the world best sng player

And

Signed
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Jac35 said:

Good luck with continuing to be the world best sng player

And

Signed

Thanks (and liked) again
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,632
    done
    keep staying strong mate
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    Signed, good luck Mark.
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
    Signed. Good luck with everything you are doing.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Signed. Best wishes with everything.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,031
    Signed, best of luck Mark in all that you do
  • Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    Signed, good luck.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    done, gl with this
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    I'm late to this, but signed.

also mi thread title, su thread title
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162
    All family signed.

The very best of LUCK Mark with everything you do :)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    A big thank you to everyone who signed the petition, we are battling on several fronts with Boeing and the Regulators which is a long and difficult process.

On the poker front it was a huge bluff about going for top 10 in the premiership promo league 2.

We went to see my parents who live in Kent. Luckily although we live in Preston and Preston went into extra lock down measures the day we travelled, we actually live across the River in Penwortham and under South Ribble Borough Council so we were ok to go.

To keep some distancing we stayed in a Premier Inn (unfortunately my parents don't have a spare cottage in their grounds) which had a/c which was pretty useful as it was 37C while there.

My Dad was looking well, which considering he has had cancer in recent years and a pacemaker fitted last year and is in his 80s was great to see.

Played a bit everyday since back and should be ok for some Promo cash again this week.

In the DYMs I have dropped out of my world leading position but 2nd in the world isn't too shabby, although "the world" is only 397 players which shows how unpopular DYMs are now I suppose.

I am also somehow 50th/10860 for profit for all SNGs across all networks for August. Considering my low volume I guess that just goes to show:

1. I am on a heater
    2. DYMs are generally hard to make a profit from

I really don't enjoy them, I heard they can even make people grumpy, or maybe grumpy people are attracted to them?

Had a couple of bad days at the spinups but that was offset by a truly amazing day and a couple of good ones.

Overall my B/R is now in 4 figures which is pretty good from the starting point of £150 after I withdrew £500 of MTT winnings to Sam's fund.

Any money left in my account at the end of the year will go to the fund as well so while I have been playing at higher buyins I have always had a stop-loss figure in mind. I have increased the stop-loss to make sure I lock in a good chunk of the profit from my recent good fortune.

Poker tokens are still 0, who needs tokens when you can get cash back though.

• Options
    Not sure who you were referring to there....

Glad you’re doing ok Mark

Wp on recent results and long may they continue
  • Options
    @Jac35 There was a time when I could only be referring to one person, however there appears to be a gaggle of grumpy DYMers around at the moment.

I get that the rake seems high (and apparently is relative to other sites) but I don't buy that reducing it will have a great affect on volume or especially attracting new recs. Also not sure why Sky would put disproportionate effort into promoting them over more popular formats. Noone seems to want to try and drum up interest using the forum, just criticise Sky.

Real life has dealt a cruel hand lately but I am muddling through, I'll take that for now.

I am also a realist and know that there is no way my very recent results can continue albeit surprised at the £16.50 and £22 TDYMs appear more playable than the £5 and £11 versions which I have always failed at. More regs per game in those buy-ins? Maybe especially with a points based promo on.

• Options
    Phantom66 said:

@Jac35 There was a time when I could only be referring to one person, however there appears to be a gaggle of grumpy DYMers around at the moment.

I get that the rake seems high (and apparently is relative to other sites) but I don't buy that reducing it will have a great affect on volume or especially attracting new recs. Also not sure why Sky would put disproportionate effort into promoting them over more popular formats. Noone seems to want to try and drum up interest using the forum, just criticise Sky.

Real life has dealt a cruel hand lately but I am muddling through, I'll take that for now.

I am also a realist and know that there is no way my very recent results can continue albeit surprised at the £16.50 and £22 TDYMs appear more playable than the £5 and £11 versions which I have always failed at. More regs per game in those buy-ins? Maybe especially with a points based promo on.

I honestly don’t know. I guess there’s only one way to find out

https://youtu.be/FUr0BmHzyKk
  • Options
    Brute of a day today, couldn't win an all-in at either format. Still yesterday had been good and these swings are expected. I managed to recover a little at the end of the session with 2 TDYM wins. I lost another big all-in but still cashed so that was a bit of run good...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    RichArtSmall blind50.0050.002932.50
    Benson923Big blind100.00150.00617.50
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q
    bigfatfishFold
    Phantom66All-in930.001080.000.00
    RichArtCall880.001960.002052.50
    Benson923All-in617.502577.500.00
    RichArtShow
    • K
    • A
    Benson923Show
    • A
    • K
    Phantom66Show
    • A
    • Q
    Flop
    Turn
    • J
    River
    RichArtWinFlush to the Ace2577.504630.00
    Overall just about sneaked back into 4 figure territory and hopefully scored a decent amount of league points in League 2.
  • Options
    Well if anyone has been actually waiting for a poker update, here it is.

No I didn't fall off a cliff (physically or metaphorically) I just went on holiday for 2 weeks and I have been busy this first week back. To be fair my TDYM rungood abruptly ended but overall still comfortably up on the higher buy-in high variance punt for the Premiership Promo.

With the idea being to spend quality time with Mrs P and relax coupled with the fact we were in rural South West Wales and the internet was sh1te meant no poker at all.

Some lovely and varied beaches and plenty of options for taking Lily on some.

Some interesting sites and market towns etc. Nice to see independent shops. Found a Welsh distiller (technically Welsh-Dutch) selling their wares on a local market stall. Ran into a rather nice drop of Rum but they had sold out but managed to catch them up at Carmarthen market.

Highly recommended

https://www.damhile.co.uk/shop/gin-ss8ww

Liked St Davids, New Quay and Cardigan. Dale, St Brides and Broad Haven and Tenby.

Weather was very mixed. We were there during Storm Francis but also had sunny days, no heat wave, but nice to be able to get out about in shorts and T-shirt and even topped up the tan,

Read a book so I have must have been chilled and relaxed. If you like thrillers but haven't tried Linwood Barclay take a punt.