You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Token of Appreciation. Pledge of Positivity. Thanks to all who have signed the petition!

Comments

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    SR23 said:

Truly sorry to hear your harrowing news. When you get the time, I'd be really interested in hearing more about this:
    1. Honouring Sam's memory and raising money and doing work and encouraging others to help vulnerable people in any way they can.
    I've been in bed with Corona symptoms since last Weds and a bit miserable so your kind words wrt my diary cheered me up a treat, thank you.
    All the best dude.

Take care and look after yourself and yes there will be more on Sam and what we are doing.

You can get a taste of it here (not a donation request - the campaign is over) it was based on a creation by my other son Tom.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sam-pegram-humanitarian-fund?

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

That's so awful Mark, I'm so sorry.

I don't have the words to express my thoughts.

Thanks Tikay.

There are no right words in these circumstances, which is why saying something is always greatly appreciated.

I'll try not to bring the forum mood down with tales of grief, I want to focus on the future and the positives.

• Options
    Let's start with some poker, I played a bit. Balance down to £96 but then I had got it up over £100 mainly due to a heater on a spin up table and that total is still well above the £40 I deposited.

I also got above 100 pts so I have a new £2.30 token in the bank. I will be saving those for a crack at a main event with any proceeds to charity.

I made a few attempts to satelitte into UKOPs events, all failed but not too much damage to the B/R

Also butchered a PLO8 dym, felt distinctly rusty and missed every flop. None of the names were particularly familiar so I didn't even get a chat for my money. May try again, if you see me regged I am definitely value atm (as if I ever wasn't).

A few positive things to take from today:

1. I managed to fit a roman blind, only swore once and I didn't hurt myself.

2. I reached out to @QUICKFEET and he is in fine fettle and posted an update

3. I managed to revive a rather poorly looking bumble bee with a saucer of sugar water, satisfying to see it buzz off into the sky and I hope it gets to pollinate many a flower.

• Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    bee revivals alone are worth subbing for, wpwp
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    yes we need bees ,bees are ace
    welcome back Mark
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,083

3. I managed to revive a rather poorly looking bumble bee with a saucer of sugar water, satisfying to see it buzz off into the sky and I hope it gets to pollinate many a flower.

Might just be the most positive thing I read on the Forum on Monday, a day when the forum mood was fairly grouchy by it's normal standards.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Well I guess I am going to struggle to match the bee revival for a while so it's back to poker.

I haven't had much focus on game type or bankroll management I had been logging on and regging whatever was going with the predictable end results and a rebound down to breakeven.

With that in mind I thought the DYM streak was the perfect opportunity to focus on a game type at manageable buy ins.

I tried a few earlier in the day with mixed results then I devised a cunning plan for my evening session. I regged for 1 2 and £3 turbo dyms thinking I would rereg tables only if I won to try and get a streak started thinking as the tables reduced I would be able to focus better on the buy in where I started a streak. It didnt quite go to plan in that I won my 1st 12 dyms. Lost the 13th and quit but instead of a 12 streak (streaks across BIs dont count) I now have 2x4 streaks which I can try and build on later. Not complaining as that would be daft.

I made a few mistakes with multi tabling (in true awe of anyone successfully doing that with 10+ tables for long periods)
    I remember raising when on a bubble when bb was all in pre but got away with it.

The streak table will undoubtedly be dominated by the volume merchants but it does give us recs the chance of a few extra £s and hopefully the lower BIs and focus will help me grow the bankroll

GL all.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,336
    edited April 2020

I tried 10 this morning. I was 4 down from the off, but managed to scrape some back.

Meanwhile.

I started to fill my bath, and a little beastie started running for its life, I lowered a towel in so it could climb out, it ran from that. So I left it and forgot about it.

Next day, im in the bathroom and I see it there ,still struggling to get out.

I used the T-shirt I'de just taken off and brushed it past the insect.
    It worked the insect clung on , was out and fell to the floor.

I went to get into the bath, there were 2 more, yikes, one was minuscule.

Im not comfy with little insects.

But I felt duty bound to rescue them too.

I wonder if they realise I come in peace.

• Options
    WP @mumsie on the insect welfare front. Hope the DYMs are going better?

I earned my second £2.30 token last week, but I also used one accidentally via the mobile app (old bug which I had forgotten about - it uses it on the mobile app instead of giving you the choice). Table filled too quickly for me to do anything about it.

I'll therefore reserve £2.30 of cash into my tourney fund.

So my tourney fund stands at £4.60 (of which £2.30 are in tokens). If I ever get £5 cash back or more I will reserve that too.

My DYM streak attempt is going ok, I haven't played much but I continued my run from above and I am now on an 8 streak not out at £3.30. 8th win came today so not on the leaderboard, but if I can get one or two more in the streak I might have a chance at some bonus cash.

Interesting hand, what would you do?

Opponent had been playing pretty passively, calling limps, open limping. Also noted min bet 20 into a 320 pot on a river with board 2 paired and they had Kx (they were called and won).
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Harness97Small blind10.0010.001950.00
    gregkdy82Big blind20.0030.001990.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A
    SCALLYWAGFold
    Phantom66Raise60.0090.001920.00
    Argue1981Fold
    OppoCall60.00150.001780.00
    Harness97Fold
    gregkdy82Fold
    Flop
    Phantom66Bet75.00225.001845.00
    OppoRaise150.00375.001630.00
    Phantom66Call75.00450.001770.00
    Turn
    • A
    Phantom66Check
    OppoBet20.00470.001610.00
    Phantom66Call20.00490.001750.00
    River
    • Q
    Phantom66Bet245.00735.001505.00
    OppoAll-in1610.002345.000.00
    Phantom66????
  • Options
    Jinxed the streak. Lost the 9th. AA hit a set on the river but lost to the flopped straight. Should have got away with some chips intact so a bit disappointed.
  • Options
    Ok so I was going to write a boring update about how I seem to stuck around the same roll of 80-100 since I renewed my blog. How I now have £6.90 from tokens lined up for a tilt at a big event.

I could have even moaned about my bad beat in the PLO8 UKOPs, or the lovely table chat from the number 2 player.

But I don't need to now because I had a good night :-)

I didn't enter the mini-ukops side bet because I didn't have the roll, or the desire to burden a partner with me. I shouldn't have worried. This 2 card game is just too easy.

Good night.
  • Options

@Phantom66

Question for Phantom66, or anyone else for that matter.

How many £2.30 tokens in £659.49?
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    Tikay10 said:

@Phantom66

Question for Phantom66, or anyone else for that matter.

How many £2.30 tokens in £659.49?

Blimey @Phantom66, that's brilliant, well done.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Well played @Phantom66
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    For those wondering what this is all about, our man won the Mini UKOPS Mega Stack last night;

@Phantom66 9290000 1 £545.79 + £113.70 Head Prizes 13
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    Tikay10 said:

For those wonderrng what this is all about, our man won the Mini UKOPS Mega Stack last night;

That dodgy RNG gets everywhere.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Very well played Mark
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Enut said:

Tikay10 said:

For those wonderrng what this is all about, our man won the Mini UKOPS Mega Stack last night;

That dodgy RNG gets everywhere.
    That seems to be the case, yes...

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/178298/a-polite-advice-of-a-client
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,336
    Well played P66 .

Great to share a table for a moment.
    Absolute proof the rng is in perfect working order.

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Very nice result! WP!