You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Token of Appreciation. Pledge of Positivity. Thanks to all who have signed the petition!

Comments

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,148
    edited August 2016
    WP ;-)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
    edited August 2016

NH

Brave call.

Really pleased for you m8.

Hope you win it.

GL all.

etc etc.....
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited August 2016
    TY

In my mind I put you a hand I could get you off with a pot sized bet on that flop and I must have plenty of outs if not. Maybe AAJ6 or something unlikely.

Still always useful to advertise that I dont always have it when I pot post flop, some people seem to think I am tight.

I already had a big stack. Earlier I had hit a nut Full House on the river, only to time out when trying to pot it. Opponent bet and I lost the pot. Reconnected and very next hand I rivered another FH and got a nice double up.

That game played out oddly. Or rather my bad play continued but luck saw me through in the end.

The bubble took an age to burst as can happen, and my "unassailable" lead nearly sailed after bbMike scooped me with house over house to level stacks. Got there in the end.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Poker been very up and down.

I have had a very emotional time of late so prone to a few silly things, like loading up NL OH spinup tables and not standing after doing x5 BIs. It didn't start well when all-in pre 1st hand and the mighty 2357 hit 2 pair and it downhill from there.

Until it started going uphill and for a long run 2/3 handed I kept smashing flops and ended up +5BIs and with 100pts in the bag already.

B/R £51.27.

Tokens up to £13.80.

POTOs POTW (unofficial title no prizes) goes to TeddyBloat. Tikays poker tip discussion threads have certainly encouraged some traffic and there have been many notable posters e.g. Markycash, StayorGo, but my pick was Teddy's post on ranges. Explained a lot of terminology clearly and concisely not just so you understand what they mean, but how and why to use them in different situations. The guy is a forum legend.

Chat with Channing looks a great new addition. I seem to remember there being a tv show comp to name the thread when the ambo was unveiled. Haven't taken too long to set it up then ;-) Tbh cant remember whether that was the winning title at the time?

Sorry to read of some difficult times for jac35 and tomgoodun, brave of both to share on here and nice to see plenty of support from the community.

Fantastic news that Dohhhhh has entered the half marathon, pushes tom close for inspirational diary of the year.

The charity league HU comp is up and running, puts me in the mood to get the bingo machine out and run HUFA II. Churchy will have to put his title on the line at some point.

I will be going away in September as I had to postpone our planned hol in July so will probably start asking for registrations just before I leave and start things off at the end of September/October. Will wait until the league cup is through a few rounds so it isn't too congested a fixture list.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I noticed that I had a place on the Premiership Promo leaderboard so have been putting a little volume in. Not alot but when I play I seem to get 5pts which might see me get an extra £3 (I know my level I am in League 2). It may even be worth a push to make top 50 and up that to £7.50.

Saturday night was completed on the phone on a spinup table during rewards accelerator. Ran golden, then upped to higher BI and ran terribly and lost it all in 3 allins. Back down to 20nl and ran golden again to be uo over 10 BIs. Jimmy and cheezy were on the table and were not running so well. Hard to see friends losing money and couldnt even chat to dish out rubz, I mean console them.

Really looking forward to Tuesday night and watching 2 two teams on top form going for it. Bound to be an entertaining end to end game.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    At one point over the weekend, I think it was friday I was multitabling a few low BI SNGs to boost the points count.

Someone typed "like your posts m8"

Never interacted with them before so I wasn't a mate,

What if they didnt mean me though?  I quickly checked the table and didnt recognise any other names as forum posters.

What if he was talking to a friend who had just shared a pic of their fence building efforts?

Surely it would be too egotistical of me to type "thanks" when I couldnt be certain I had a an actual "fan".

I was also multitabling and didnt really want to get too distracted. So I said nothing. Sorry. 

If I did have a fan, my "rudeness" probably just lost them. If I didnt have a fan then my silence at least saved me a bunch of embarassment.

Net result I still have 0 fans either way.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens):
    At one point over the weekend, I think it was friday I was multitabling a few low BI SNGs to boost the points count. Someone typed "like your posts m8" Never interacted with them before so I wasn't a mate, What if they didnt mean me though?  I quickly checked the table and didnt recognise any other names as forum posters. What if he was talking to a friend who had just shared a pic of their fence building efforts? Surely it would be too egotistical of me to type "thanks" when I couldnt be certain I had a an actual "fan". I was also multitabling and didnt really want to get too distracted. So I said nothing. Sorry.  If I did have a fan, my "rudeness" probably just lost them. If I didnt have a fan then my silence at least saved me a bunch of embarassment. Net result I still have 0 fans either way.
    Posted by Phantom66
    A+
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens):
    I noticed that I had a place on the Premiership Promo leaderboard so have been putting a little volume in. Not alot but when I play I seem to get 5pts which might see me get an extra £3 (I know my level I am in League 2). It may even be worth a push to make top 50 and up that to £7.50. Saturday night was completed on the phone on a spinup table during rewards accelerator. Ran golden, then upped to higher BI and ran terribly and lost it all in 3 allins. Back down to 20nl and ran golden again to be uo over 10 BIs. Jimmy and cheezy were on the table and were not running so well. Hard to see friends losing money and couldnt even chat to dish out rubz, I mean console them. Really looking forward to Tuesday night and watching 2 two teams on top form going for it. Bound to be an entertaining end to end game.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I wondered why you blanked me in chat, just thought you were in the zone ;-) 
    Don't feel too sorry for me I had been over 10 BI up over 2 tables but just couldn't seem to find the fold button.....ever :-)
    I don't really play these tables ever and like you I only did it for x4 points, I can see why people enjoy them, they are very crash, bang, wallop but I think they would drive me crazy if I played them lots.  :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I noticed that I had a place on the Premiership Promo leaderboard so have been putting a little volume in. Not alot but when I play I seem to get 5pts which might see me get an extra £3 (I know my level I am in League 2). It may even be worth a push to make top 50 and up that to £7.50. Saturday night was completed on the phone on a spinup table during rewards accelerator. Ran golden, then upped to higher BI and ran terribly and lost it all in 3 allins. Back down to 20nl and ran golden again to be uo over 10 BIs. Jimmy and cheezy were on the table and were not running so well. Hard to see friends losing money and couldnt even chat to dish out rubz, I mean console them. Really looking forward to Tuesday night and watching 2 two teams on top form going for it. Bound to be an entertaining end to end game.
    Posted by Phantom66

I couldn't make that game in the end so I took in PNE v Derby.

I love the atmosphere of night games, albeit a little odd when the stadium is bathed in sunshine at the start.

However, learning that your star player and fans favourite is leaving the club (probably) and isn't in the squad (definitely) kind of subdues that atmosphere. 

First 20 mins was an absolute shocker, PNE couldnt get the ball out of our half. I suppose some credit should go to Pearson's pressing tactics but the amount of times we passed it straight to a Derby shirt was unreal.

When we finally managed to string a couple of passes together and move into the Derby half things improved and we looked the better team for large periods but without hitting the target. 

Derbys chances started to come on the break, Lindergaard saving well from coldplay bloke and then another break saw an 87th minute goal from a cross and header.

PNE love to hate Tom Ince, due to his time at blackpool with his dad in charge. Luckily for us, he hasn't produced against us in a blackpool or derby shirt. My experiences of seeing Ince have always been looks a skilled player but never has an end product although apparently he does score sometimes. 

Plus points Callum Robinson looking a real threat, Clarke and Wright, Beckford looking fit, just without great service

Minus points - the result, 0 points from 3 games, Grimshaw at RB, Pringle. Both new and maybe they will settle and Grimshaw not in his position (so why we didnt start with Humphrey who is at least a wing back).

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @Hendo.

Glad to hear you were up - really just explaining my lack of chat.

Although it did get me to thinking about playing with friends. We used to have regular home games, which were always STTs (except when a recruitment drive saw us run a 2 table comp). The debate was always had as to whether we should play cash instead as the early knockouts were left out (although the structure was fairly quick after 1st few levels and we always ran a 2nd even faster one).

We decided against it as cash can be brutal. We had mixed abilities and were essentially friends having a social time, few drinks, plenty of chat and the cost of the evening was capped at £20 plus bear/food money. Being a STT the money also tended to cycle with yes better players winning longer term but lesser players having their day.

We thought the cash losses for weaker players would have been much deeper and would lose the friendly feel of the game. 

As outlaws we occasionally have some "fun" 9 seater cash games. The craic is great but I wouldnt play them other than for a laugh for the price of a couple of BIs. 

Makes me wonder though would it be possible to set up "invite only" STTs so you could play with friends? Just a thought. Might be devisive but then when 4/5 friends happen to be on a table the 1/2 visitors must feel initimidated. I know on the PLO8 tables we try and encourage newbies, but even then some see "in jokes" as evidence of collusion.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Didnt play yesterday so will no doubt slip into the bottom half of League 2.

May just try and play a bit today to get back in the top half.

Happy days weekend so might try switching leagues as bottom half of higher leagues should be achievable but top payouts in all leagues seem sticthed up (as they should be) by the grinders.

B/R      £48.91
    tokens £16.10

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited August 2016
    @Hendo. Glad to hear you were up - really just explaining my lack of chat. Although it did get me to thinking about playing with friends. We used to have regular home games, which were always STTs (except when a recruitment drive saw us run a 2 table comp). The debate was always had as to whether we should play cash instead as the early knockouts were left out (although the structure was fairly quick after 1st few levels and we always ran a 2nd even faster one). We decided against it as cash can be brutal. We had mixed abilities and were essentially friends having a social time, few drinks, plenty of chat and the cost of the evening was capped at £20 plus bear/food money. Being a STT the money also tended to cycle with yes better players winning longer term but lesser players having their day. We thought the cash losses for weaker players would have been much deeper and would lose the friendly feel of the game.  As outlaws we occasionally have some "fun" 9 seater cash games. The craic is great but I wouldnt play them other than for a laugh for the price of a couple of BIs.  Makes me wonder though would it be possible to set up "invite only" STTs so you could play with friends? Just a thought. Might be devisive but then when 4/5 friends happen to be on a table the 1/2 visitors must feel initimidated. I know on the PLO8 tables we try and encourage newbies, but even then some see "in jokes" as evidence of collusion.
    Posted by Phantom66

How much does a grizzly cost these days?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens) : How much does a grizzly cost these days?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Bear trade is not exactly legal.

Or are you after tips on how to pull via Grinder?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @Hendo. Glad to hear you were up - really just explaining my lack of chat. Although it did get me to thinking about playing with friends. We used to have regular home games, which were always STTs (except when a recruitment drive saw us run a 2 table comp). The debate was always had as to whether we should play cash instead as the early knockouts were left out (although the structure was fairly quick after 1st few levels and we always ran a 2nd even faster one). We decided against it as cash can be brutal. We had mixed abilities and were essentially friends having a social time, few drinks, plenty of chat and the cost of the evening was capped at £20 plus bear/food money. Being a STT the money also tended to cycle with yes better players winning longer term but lesser players having their day. We thought the cash losses for weaker players would have been much deeper and would lose the friendly feel of the game.  As outlaws we occasionally have some "fun" 9 seater cash games. The craic is great but I wouldnt play them other than for a laugh for the price of a couple of BIs.  Makes me wonder though would it be possible to set up "invite only" STTs so you could play with friends? Just a thought. Might be devisive but then when 4/5 friends happen to be on a table the 1/2 visitors must feel initimidated. I know on the PLO8 tables we try and encourage newbies, but even then some see "in jokes" as evidence of collusion.
    Posted by Phantom66

I HAD been up, never said I ended up :-)

We also have a monthly home game usually 10 of us, but now and again we push for two tables (there is a local snooker club that lets you book a private room which has 2 poker tables, a dart board and numerous TVs) 
    We have always done the same as you, and I agree it keeps it friendly.
    £15 buy in and 1 x £10 rebuy/ add on in first 4 levels, we always involve lots of drink so even if you bust early there is plenty to do.
    I actually started playing online in a Stars home game after my very first try at poker in a live charity tournament. 

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Bit of a miscalculation on the last day of the Premiership challenge as I ended up bubble boy for the ladder into the top 50 spots.

I can't play every day but thought I might have done enough on Wednesday to sneak in with a 10 pointer instead of a 5 point day.

Slow start this week too but hopefully the dyms have given me a decent start for Friday.

Funny how one moment in a session can make you think you have run bad. It was a typical plo8 bubble dynamic with all concerned on a few bigs when I pot opened with A9(23). Tikay dwelled and then, well I didnt see table froze and took a couple of attempts to restart by which time I had clearly lost the hand (Tikay had repotted) and I had been through the blinds as well.

Fought back and then a final all-in got bust from a dominating position. Two forms of run bad in one game. Must be running bad, but actually overall ran well and have put in some decent points (for League 2) I hope and made a decent profit on the session. Thinking properly back I ran very well at times 88 beating TT on a nl bubble for example. 

Who knew hockey could be so enjoyable? Wish football would have penalty shoot outs like that, much more entertaining.

Every credit to the GB goalie, although I think Sam Quek is my favourite player.

Balance £84.47
    Tokens £16.10

Hope to get another good dym session in again tomorrow.

GL all

• Options
    edited August 2016
    0 tokens this week.

Thanks to happy days promo managed to get 600 points for a £6 cash reward, first time I have broken the 500 barrier in a good while, and I had a winning week too. 

Just in the top 50 of League 2 table, let's see if I can stay there without double points.

Had some interesting tussles with Tikay recently, even earned a ? for a bet (I was big stack there was a micro stack and tikay was short). I made up the blind from the button as thought SB was pot committed, they folded. Tikay insta checked and checked flop. I bet the flop - I had hit trip 5s with a nut low draw and drew the ?. I guess I didnt need to put any more chips in but didnt feel it right to give 2nd short stack a free ride when I had a hand either.

PNE off the mark with a very decent away win at QPR.

Derby seem to be focussing on being "hard to beat" which given their expensive array of attacking talent probably wont go down too well with their fans. Grumpy lot I heard.

B/R      £98.49
    Tokens £16.10

• Options
    edited August 2016
    One son on holiday with his gf and the other working away for a few days means empty nest for mr and mrs P.

While we genuinely miss them when not around, we have also come to appreciate our independence and freedom when they are not and managed a couple of date days this week.

Wednesday we took our dog molly to the lake district, had a nice walk and picnic by the river at white moss walks near Grasmere. Yesterday we went even more exotic and hit the sun and sand abroad. North Wales. Had a lovely lunch at Bryn Williams' bistro on the sea front at Colwyn Bay (Porth Eiros to be precise).

Colwyn bay has a beautiful beach and half a refurbished promenade (should be great when its finished). The only blot on the landscape (literally) is a particularly run down pier. Free Parking was a bonus (£5.40 in the Lake District).

Lunch was very nice, Mrs P had plaice with shrimps and pavlova, I had confit leg of duck and creme brulee. All fantastic and with drinks came in at just over 50 notes. Not cheap but then for very decent posh nosh I thought excellent value for money. Service was very friendly. My only gripe would be the grandstanding over us not having booked a table. There were 3 tables empty when we asked for 1. We were sat at the bar for 10 mins and seated in one of them by which time a couple more were free. When we finished our meal 2 tables that were free were still free.

If you know who Bryn Williams is then you are probably a fan of the Great British Menu. Mrs P and I are and it is a must watch in our house and a bit of a Phantom tradition. Bryn featured on that and has also guested on other shows, in fact he was on Saturday morning kitchen when he spoke about the new bistro and planted the seed for a visit.

Apart from being a "celebrity chef"  and running a restaurant in London and this new bistro, another fact about Bryn is that his partner is Charlene Spiteri of Texas (the band) fame. Now that is what I call running well.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Talking of beaches, I was shocked to see the pictures of armed fully clothed police men forcing women to either take clothes off or pay a fine in France for wearing burkhinis.

While I think there is an awful  lot that can be done for womens rights in conservative muslim culture, I did feel extremely uncomfortable about those scenes. Seems that most of the french population agree with the bans and so do the local and national politicians who rely on their vote. The courts seem to see sense overturning the ban on appeal, but overall this doesn't bode well for French society. 

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Probably unwise to post a poker update on the back of an upswing but here we go.

B/R £113.36
    Tokens £16.10

I am on 286 points this week so with rewards points tonight and tomorrow I may be able to hit 500+ for a second consecutive week which will be nice. 

Poker has been very swingy of late with noticeable clusters of extreme run good and extreme run bad. One session I will get to the bubble of dyms with decent stack and contrive to lose every single one and in others I am hitting everything.

I suppose playing turbo dyms and spinup cash it is to be expected but off the back of a couple of spinup wins yesterday I am at the peak b/r for this challenge and have been down below £80 since the last update.

Premiership promo has been a good one, encourages people at all levels to put some volume in and I expect Sky are delighted with the traffic. As Tikay says it does seem high for the time of year. Previous premiership promos havent really encouraged volume as with the "team" element it all depended on whether you were lucky enough to be in the same team as the top prio grinders or not and to qualify for individual rewards you only needed 50 points per week.

I still havent nailed the right volume level to maximise the rewards for me, but the 2/3 weeks I have played steadily I have picked up £3 each week. Both times I fell just short of the next payment level. I either need to up the volume a little to guarantee £7.50, or pssibly move to a higher league as I assume the volume I have played would have seen me in the top 100 still in League 1 at least.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Good luck with reaching 500 points POTO, it's "only" a fiver, but it soon adds up if you can get it regularly.

Same with the Premiership Promo, it does not need many points to get in the money, & add another £3 or £5 to the Rewards money, & that's handy.

PS - I see you are currently in the £7.50 slot......

26Phantom6610£7.50