You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Token of Appreciation. Pledge of Positivity. Thanks to all who have signed the petition!

Comments

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited August 2016
    Thanks. They certainly do add up.

I didn't get many points yesterday with the day trip to foreigin parts so I will probably be back in the bottom half.

I am certainly aiming to end up in a £7.50 slot this week. £12.50 total of bonuses for a pretty modest volume will be handy.
  • Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited August 2016
    Do you get £5 for 50 points then the £5 for 500 too? 

Keep up good work sir
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens):
    Do you get £5 for 50 points then the £5 for 500 too?  Keep up good work sir
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Hi nuggy thanks for stopping by.

Not sure I follow the £5 for 50pts? Have I made a typo.

I am aiming for the £5 for 500pts from normal rewards and £7.50 for a top 50 spot in league 2.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Bagged over 700 points last week, so a handy bonus. I have decided to put aside 2.30 cash each time I earn more than 500 points towards my larger tourney fund alongside the tokens.

This means tourney fund is £16.10 tokens + £4.60 cash = £20.70.

Also in the top half of League 2.

Good news ends there really, downswing happened. Trying to claw it back to respectability for the rest of the week but just over £60 now before any Premiership promo money.

Also met a charmer on the tables last night, I ignored them calling me a moron, but then they called another player a moron. It seems my crime was pushing with A8s (it was a spin up) and busting his 99. I noted the irony of player 2 also being a moron for busting their A8 push with 77.

My restraint failed me as I pointed out the inconsistency. It didnt end well. Chat reported so I will let the powers that be deal with it.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Are some bad beats more frustrating than others?

OK so the genuine one outers on the river when we have shipped the turn, or runner runners from the flop hurt most.

But what about all in pre?

I kind of dont bother too much about AA getting cracked by an underpair or random connectors, it has to happen sometimes.

For some reason dominating aces seem to get to me more. Maybe because I seem to be in the middle (or hopefully at the end) of a run of them. Playing spinups and Tdyms I am going be in a Ax v Ay situation alot, just seem to be running particularly bad with them at the moment.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Seems poker gods were listening as I moaned in a couple of holds with dominating aces and even a win with a dominated ace.

So just to prove a point the next 2 all-ins where I was a pair over pair the lower pair flopped a set.

Going to finish well inside top 50 of the league but short of the ladder up to the top 25 I suspect so still feels like a loss.

Away for most of the next 2 weeks so I will just be aiming for some points towards a golden ticket in the part weeks while here and will be out of the running for the premiership promo and probably even token qualification.

HUFA II news will be posted on my return.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    edited September 2016
    just caught up on this beaut of a thread.... thouroughly enjoyed the read will be checking in regularly

best of luck
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens):
    just caught up on this beaut of a thread.... thouroughly enjoyed the read will be checking in regularly best of luck
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Cheers,

Looking forward to your Vegas trip report.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens) : Cheers, Looking forward to your Vegas trip report.
    Posted by Phantom66

not much to report mate... lost money on slots... won some on slots... then lost it & bricked my poker mtts

did not play much poker at all as I just enjoyed spending time with the girlfriend :)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens) : not much to report mate... lost money on slots... won some on slots... then lost it & bricked my poker mtts did not play much poker at all as I just enjoyed spending time with the girlfriend :)
    Posted by Itsover4u
    ul on the slots+poker.

A gf who wants to go to Vegas with you and lets you play poker sounds very promising.

If she ever lets you go back with just mates then she is a definite keeper.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    she has already let me go with mates this was my second time ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Oops.

Token balance = £13.80 (was 16.10)

Forgot about the mobile s/w issue where it doesnt prompt you and couldnt unreg quickly enough when I realised it was gone.

Customer Care have just very kindly refunded the difference on this occasion.

So my main event fund stands at £13.80 in actual tokens and £5.75 in "reserved" cash from this refund and 2 previous weeks where I got 500 points and set aside £2.30 each time.

Currently running at over 400 points so aim is to reach 500 again this week.

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited September 2016
    Hi Phantom,

Where do you find out when your tokens expire? I have searched in "my account" and can't seem to find it.

Cheers,
    Ryan
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited September 2016
    Ignore last post, have found it!

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for popping by Waller. Welcome back to the site/forum even if you did answer your own question.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Had a horrendous battle tonight, not so much with the opponents (although none of the tables were easy) more with the laptop. Had 3 PLO8 tables running and my pointer starts playing up. Couldn't drag it across to the buttons. I ended up having to just let folds timeout to concentrate on the hand I wanted to play. 

Even then had some trouble, one hand I potted and was pot committed but only just managed to get the pointer over the all-in button in time and luckily scooped v AAA2. 

Never had so much trouble managing 3 tables but somehow cashed all three. Maybe the problems helped with concentration levels. It certainly stopped me from playiong too many hands.

Off on holibobs tomorrow so wont be on the tables for a bit. Might sneak a peak at the forum from time to time.

Managed to back over 500 pts last week but the poker results were pretty bad.  aprticularly bad run on a Omaha spinup table didnt help, neither did a rush up the BI levels on the back of a losing run, which continued. Will I ever learn?

Recovered up to £74.

Big tourney fund now up to £13.80 tokens + £9.05 in reserved cash from 500 pt weeks.

IE £22.85

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Have I mentioned it yet?

I am going on my hols!

Back on or around the 16th.

VBL to Dooohh on his half marathon debut - quite a story.

VBL to Mr Goodun on his next hospital visit.

Best two diaries on the site for real life stories, humility and human spirit.

and GL to all at the tables.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,445
    edited September 2016

Where you going for your jollies, Hendo?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Where you going for your jollies, Hendo?
    Posted by Tikay10
    There is nothing between me and Hendo, those rumours are totally unfounded.

Me and Mrs POTO are off to Crete. It was there or Corfu but I have heard the latter has gone downhill in the last year or so, letting all sorts in apparently.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,445
    edited September 2016

Whoops, apologies.

Enjoy Crete.