You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Token of Appreciation. Pledge of Positivity. Thanks to all who have signed the petition!

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens):
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens) : There is nothing between me and Hendo, those rumours are totally unfounded. Me and Mrs POTO are off to Crete. It was there or Corfu but I have heard the latter has gone downhill in the last year or so, letting all sorts in apparently.
    Posted by Phantom66

I went to Corfu last year....
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,443
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens):
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens) : I went to Corfu last year....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Thin.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

You can frame that, can't be often that hhyftrftdr & thin have been used consecutively.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for popping by Waller. Welcome back to the site/forum even if you did answer your own question.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Cheers,

I had a look through your thread and I was unaware that you could now save your tokens for so long. It would be great to see somebody win big from a main event that was entered using only tokens. It might put to bed any lingering doubts that some may have over the new(ish) C4P system.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    edited September 2016
    Read this every update, fab reading.
    Hope you and your good lady have a splendid holiday.
    Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated, good luck in your quest to take on the big boys once your tokens are at the level you are comfortable with.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,361
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens) : Cheers, I had a look through your thread and I was unaware that you could now save your tokens for so long. It would be great to see somebody win big from a main event that was entered using only tokens. It might put to bed any lingering doubts that some may have over the new(ish) C4P system.
    Posted by waller02

Yea, if it wasn't for P66's solo crusades we wouldn't know what was achievable. Credit due.

Like a mother Theresa  of the poker world . 

Or an Alan Wicker .

Enjoy yor hols.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for the comments -  seems I get more when I am not here ;-)

Holiday was good, but...

Unfortunately while away our dog was very poorly, it has a long unmemorable name (the condition not our dog, molly) but basically she had a dog equivalent of a stroke. My son did a great job of getting her to the vets and looking after her.

Just a case of giving her time to see if and how she recovers. She is alert and mobile, albeit unsteady and with a head tilt. She is 13 but up until last week she was incredibly active and didn't act it.

Got in a couple of sessions over the last couple of nights to guarantee another 2.30 token. Happy days will hopefully give me a boost for the start of next week and grab some more premiership promo cash.

DYMs went badly but luckily ran golden on some PLO cash tables to more than offset those losses. Started one 10/20 table and the unfortunate joiner saw me flop 2 FHs and then we got it in when I had A(AQ)Q and they had KKxx and I held in the space of a few hands.

No real edge on £5 turbo dyms, albeit they are good points generators when you are short on time or double points are on offer. There is definitely some weak play going on, although those making them play infrequently and hard (for me with my volume) to get notes to take advantage. 

PS Shh I do hope no-one mentions the 5-0 at 4:45 yesterday.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for the comments -  seems I get more when I am not here ;-) Holiday was good, but... Unfortunately while away our dog was very poorly, it has a long unmemorable name (the condition not our dog, molly) but basically she had a dog equivalent of a stroke. My son did a great job of getting her to the vets and looking after her. Just a case of giving her time to see if and how she recovers. She is alert and mobile, albeit unsteady and with a head tilt. She is 13 but up until last week she was incredibly active and didn't act it. Got in a couple of sessions over the last couple of nights to guarantee another 2.30 token. Happy days will hopefully give me a boost for the start of next week and grab some more premiership promo cash. DYMs went badly but luckily ran golden on some PLO cash tables to more than offset those losses. Started one 10/20 table and the unfortunate joiner saw me flop 2 FHs and then we got it in when I had A(AQ)Q and they had KKxx and I held in the space of a few hands. No real edge on £5 turbo dyms, albeit they are good points generators when you are short on time or double points are on offer. There is definitely some weak play going on, although those making them play infrequently and hard (for me with my volume) to get notes to take advantage.  PS Shh I do hope no-one mentions the 5-0 at 4:45 yesterday.
    Posted by Phantom66
    There's a fat lad who frequents the forum who this applies to as well.

Hope the dog gets better. Glad you had a nice holiday.
    No offence but Preston must be rubbish. We scored and won against you
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Hope your dog fully recovers.

PS - Brentford won 5-0 - did you happen to notice that?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens) : There's a fat lad who frequents the forum who this applies to as well. Hope the dog gets better. Glad you had a nice holiday. No offence but Preston must be rubbish. We scored and won against you
    Posted by Jac35

A mere 1 goal and you are still below us in the table so I guess you are not so great either.

• Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited September 2016
    Good afternoon Phantom.
    All the best for your dog, what breed is she?
    All the best Rainman.
    P.S HAS ANYONE MENTIONED BRENTFORD 5 PRESTON 0 YET. 
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    ^^^^^ That's a coincidence rainman397 was a brentford fan too.

Molly is a cocker spaniel.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Hope your dog fully recovers. PS - Brentford won 5-0 - did you happen to notice that?
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for the kind words. As to the other words I just have to accept the rubz from fans of good teams. WP.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Challenge update. Despite being on holiday most of last week, managed to bag another £2.30 token.

So now the fund is up to £16.10 tokens + £9.05 in reserved cash from 500 pt weeks.

This week thanks to the very generous 3 days of double points on offer I am already over 500 points. Hope to bag £7.50 in the premiership promo too.

However, those £5 turbo dyms have been biting the bankroll again and back down to the 50's.

Could someone with S/S please do me a favour?

I normally keep track for myself but with multi-tabling turbo dyms I lost track. If someone could kindly show my 2016 stats for 3.30 and 5.50 nl turbo dyms I would be grateful and hopefully have the facts I need to stop playing the £5ers. 

I definitely had some run bad but I also need to tweek a couple of things v the regs at those too - but now is not the time, some proper bankroll management is needed. I am going to try more tables at lower BIs while I try and scoop a few more double points later today with hopefully better results.

VWP belsibub and mkgunner for turning nothing into plenty last night. Shows it can be done.

WP Preston reserves on beating ballmouth reserves 3-0 last night. Bring on the pie munchers.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Most important update first, Molly is doing really well - time and a few drugs have her well on the way to recovery.

Dont know if it will ever be a full recovery, and we now have the worry of it happening again. BUT she is mobile, pain free, alert and happy. If I can say the same when I am her age in dog years I will be very happy.

On to more trivial matters.

Managed to bag a £8.07 rewards bonus, which is huge for me. Never had the chance to push on for 1000 and the jump to £12.50.

So that is another £2.30 cash reserved for taking a shot at a main. The date is getting closer to the punt as my first tokens run out on 23/10. Should see me have enough for a £33 main entry though.

B/R £100.82

Now I did deposit £10 but that is currently riding on Patrick Reed to be top points scorer in the Ryder Cup. Hope he isnt really as of course I want Europe to win, but he seemed value as he won this summer and been in major contention and seems to raise his game for the Ryder Cup - The US Poults or new Corey Pavin maybe? Anyhow its on at £5 e/w @12/1 and thanks to the sky bet offer I get a £5 free bet every time he wins a match.

The fund is now £16.10 tokens + £11.35 in reserved cash from 500 pt weeks.

PS Lynsey Horne (now Hipgrave) was mentioned ealrier in this thread. Only just realised on Saturday that she is co-presenter of the Football League show on C5. 

RIP Arnold Palmer. Surprisingly I am too young to remember him playing (in his prime anyway) the first stand out golf player I remember seeing was Seve. However I am old enough to have had one of these...

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Looks like there will be more tokens on offer in October.

Might have to change my thread title to "On a mission..."

Not sure if I will go for it yet, don't get regular slots where I can play MTTs, albeit 50 points for a fiver should be doable for me.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    BUMP.

Any chance of a bit of pic moderation before the weekend?

It was topical at the time.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    BUMP. Any chance of a bit of pic moderation before the weekend? It was topical at the time.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Apologies for that POTO,

I'm afraid that's something I am unable to assist with.

You know my feelings on this matter, it makes me jolly cross that we even have to get photos approved in this day & age, but I've knocked on this door so many times & my pleas have not been well received.
  • Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 438
    edited September 2016
    BUMP. Any chance of a bit of pic moderation before the weekend? It was topical at the time.
    Posted by Phantom66
    There's every chance mate
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens) : There's every chance mate
    Posted by Sky__James
    Cheers