You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My story

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,739
    Thanks all above for the Xmas wishes, hope you all had a fab time and have a healthy and prosperous new year.
    Managed to cash in the £22 bh tonight, brutal exit, never mind.
    Had a nice Xmas with family, Lucian was spoiled ofc, his first Xmas so that’s ok.
    Had a bit of a tiff with an elderly gentleman at the local “ recycling centre” ( tip)
    There are 4 bays to park in, there was a big van blocking my view for the 2nd bay, I crept forwards in my vehicle to get a better look, the chap driving behind thought it was a good idea to also creep forward.
    It became apparent there was in fact a vehicle in the 2nd bay, I was now blocking the person in the 4th bay, so I put my car in reverse ( I have a reversing camera ooooo)
    Slowly edged my way back about 2yards.
    The elderly gent behind was rather aggrieved by my manoeuvre and got out, tapped on my window and proceeded to rant.
    I waited til he drew breath, and asked if he would like an explanation for my manoeuvre.
    I told him the above.
    He still ranted that there’s “ no reversing here”
    I asked did I hit your car
    He said no but you could have done
    I may have lost my famed cool.
    I said “ A plane could in theory fall out of the sky and hit your car, are you going to ring the aeronautical engineers institute and complain that a plane COULD hit you car”
    I may have used choice language
    I know, it was wrong of me.
    He toddled away muttering no reversing
    I pulled forward when a space became available and did the only possible thing in that “tip”, I had to reverse into the bay.
    I got out and asked the irate guy how to get in the bay
    He said “ Reverse in”
    True story.
    Happy new year x
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    tomgoodun said:

Thanks all above for the Xmas wishes, hope you all had a fab time and have a healthy and prosperous new year.
    Managed to cash in the £22 bh tonight, brutal exit, never mind.
    Had a nice Xmas with family, Lucian was spoiled ofc, his first Xmas so that’s ok.
    Had a bit of a tiff with an elderly gentleman at the local “ recycling centre” ( tip)
    There are 4 bays to park in, there was a big van blocking my view for the 2nd bay, I crept forwards in my vehicle to get a better look, the chap driving behind thought it was a good idea to also creep forward.
    It became apparent there was in fact a vehicle in the 2nd bay, I was now blocking the person in the 4th bay, so I put my car in reverse ( I have a reversing camera ooooo)
    Slowly edged my way back about 2yards.
    The elderly gent behind was rather aggrieved by my manoeuvre and got out, tapped on my window and proceeded to rant.
    I waited til he drew breath, and asked if he would like an explanation for my manoeuvre.
    I told him the above.
    He still ranted that there’s “ no reversing here”
    I asked did I hit your car
    He said no but you could have done
    I may have lost my famed cool.
    I said “ A plane could in theory fall out of the sky and hit your car, are you going to ring the aeronautical engineers institute and complain that a plane COULD hit you car”
    I may have used choice language
    I know, it was wrong of me.
    He toddled away muttering no reversing
    I pulled forward when a space became available and did the only possible thing in that “tip”, I had to reverse into the bay.
    I got out and asked the irate guy how to get in the bay
    He said “ Reverse in”
    True story.
    Happy new year x

Good to see Tikay doing his bit for the planet though.

• Options
    One week clean ( Of “thuggery”)
    Poker isn’t great at present, my mind isn’t in ‘the zone’ as it seems I am destined to be one of those that stumble through life from one crises to the next.
    I shan’t bore you reader with the details as it seems to me that I am in danger of being the doom monger that I would cross the street to avoid.
    I would kindly ask that if anyone out there is of faith they would say a little prayer for my good lady.

Those of you who followed this from the beginning may recall we booked a holiday round about the time of my diagnosis with prostate cancer ( I’m in remission, fingers crossed for my appointment on 23rd of this month) well we have gone and booked one for April 😊
    Not a cruise this time, it begins with V and ends in egas, got a really good deal staying at The Venetian, if it’s anything like Caesars Palace we shall be delighted.

My dear daughter is doing ok at present, playing with Lucian is a real joy, we have a similar mind set it seems, 8 months old and makes me laugh out loud, or lol as the yoof of today say ( I’ve still got it)

Time for bed, one day at a time things will get better
    Be nice x
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Not a person of faith so I will just send good thoughts for your good lady.

Best of luck for the appointment on the 23rd Tom!
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,053
    Sorry to hear the new year has brought more worrying times to your family Tom.
    I wish you and your good lady all the best.
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    Don't do prayers but will certainly cross my fingers. glgl.
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    I Shall Say A Prayer For your good lady, xx
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,024

I don't do prayers Tom, but I'm sending good vibes.

xx
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,467
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind wishes all.
    Just a thought - does anyone reading know anyone who has Diabetes Insipidus? As in how it impacts on lifestyle.
    That is one of the things the consultant is testing ( and we are hoping) for.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,031
    Fingers crossed for both you and your good lady Tom.

• Options
    tomgoodun said:

Thank you for the kind wishes all.
    Just a thought - does anyone reading know anyone who has Diabetes Insipidus? As in how it impacts on lifestyle.
    That is one of the things the consultant is testing ( and we are hoping) for.

I don't Tom, no.

These may help though;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabetes_insipidus

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Diabetes-insipidus/
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Hope all goes well and enjoy Vegas.
  • Options
    Poker is tough, I have been lucky enough to reach a few ft’s lately, even getting HU at times, I got some great advice from a chap I consider a very good man and a friend, he’s been through a torrid time lately but handles things (mainly) with humour and dignity, moans now and again, but don’t we all..Sometimes humour can be mis~read and taken I the wrong way, sad that.

Anyhow I put his advice into practice last night, My ‘newfound’ aggression paying dividends as I won one of the £5 Pl08 tourneys.

Henceforth TomThugun
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Poker is tough, I have been lucky enough to reach a few ft’s lately, even getting HU at times, I got some great advice from a chap I consider a very good man and a friend, he’s been through a torrid time lately but handles things (mainly) with humour and dignity, moans now and again, but don’t we all..Sometimes humour can be mis~read and taken I the wrong way, sad that.

Anyhow I put his advice into practice last night, My ‘newfound’ aggression paying dividends as I won one of the £5 Pl08 tourneys.

Henceforth TomThugun

Yup, it is very sad, but it was, I think, just a mistake & I'm sure it can be put to bed by a measured reply.

TomThugun, love it.

• Options
    Update on Good Lady
    Thursday was my dear wife’s hospital stay, for the past few weeks she has been drinking between 15 to 20 litres of water per day, so the water deprivation for 8 hours was a really tough time for her.
    The staff were excellent, everything was in place to have urine and blood tests every hour and get the results back within 10 minutes or so.
    I had dropped her off at 8am, and was in contact throughout the morning., I could tell she was struggling though and finished work at lunchtime to be with her and offer my hand to hold, she said afterwards that she couldn’t have done it without my support, that’s nice.

The test had to finish an hour early as the rules are if you lose over 3% of your body weight it becomes too dangerous to carry on.
    The consultant is pretty certain Sarah’s condition is cranial not Nephrogenic ( kidneys)
    He has asked for an urgent MRI scan to check on possible tumour, he did say at the meeting we had that these things don’t grow too fast and not to worry if this is indeed the case.

After the test Sarah was allowed to drink and have a snack, she was injected with the hormone which the pituitary gland should be producing, it had an immediate effect, which gives us a positive indicator that we are in the right direction.

We now have to wait until the consultants have a panel meeting to discuss Sarah’s case and push for the scan.

The injection has now worn off and Sarah is back to drinking copious amounts of water.

Thanks for all the support

Be nice, have fun x
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    "Be nice, have fun" is probably the best four word blueprint for life.

Hope everything works out.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,316
    tomgoodun said:

Update on Good Lady
    Thursday was my dear wife’s hospital stay, for the past few weeks she has been drinking between 15 to 20 litres of water per day, so the water deprivation for 8 hours was a really tough time for her.
    The staff were excellent, everything was in place to have urine and blood tests every hour and get the results back within 10 minutes or so.
    I had dropped her off at 8am, and was in contact throughout the morning., I could tell she was struggling though and finished work at lunchtime to be with her and offer my hand to hold, she said afterwards that she couldn’t have done it without my support, that’s nice.

The test had to finish an hour early as the rules are if you lose over 3% of your body weight it becomes too dangerous to carry on.
    The consultant is pretty certain Sarah’s condition is cranial not Nephrogenic ( kidneys)
    He has asked for an urgent MRI scan to check on possible tumour, he did say at the meeting we had that these things don’t grow too fast and not to worry if this is indeed the case.

After the test Sarah was allowed to drink and have a snack, she was injected with the hormone which the pituitary gland should be producing, it had an immediate effect, which gives us a positive indicator that we are in the right direction.

We now have to wait until the consultants have a panel meeting to discuss Sarah’s case and push for the scan.

The injection has now worn off and Sarah is back to drinking copious amounts of water.

Thanks for all the support

Be nice, have fun x

15-20 Litres per day! Wow that's a lot and obviously I can understand your concerns.

I hope they diagnose and solve the issue quickly Tom and that your good lady wife recovers quickly.

ps well done on the PLO8 win last night, I'd like to think I helped!
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Slumming it in the Venetian? You'll have a torrid few days there, it really lacks the class and ambience of somewhere like Excalibur, so I hope your expectations are realistically low.
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    Send my regards to your good lady wife tom, I send her my best wishes xx