You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My story

Comments

• Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited September 2017
    Excellent, nice to hear some good news.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    edited September 2017
    Wonderful news Tom.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,879
    edited September 2017

Tom the Beast.

8:30pm PLO8 BH results – 6th September 2017

Finishing position

Player

Bounties collected

tomgoodun

tiggertoo

adunne

Histo*

W1SHB0NE

missunderw

• Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    edited September 2017
    Very pleased for you...
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    edited September 2017
    Excellent New,s Tom my husband send,s you good wishes x as do myself x
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,743
    edited September 2017
    The following is dedicated to Paul, Mark and others who need a bit of run good, also Sean who would like summat to read :)
    There have been times over the past few months when I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, and wondered if the whole world was conspiring against me and my family.
    My dear daughter was hooked on an illicit drug, she was in such a horrible place it was touch and go whether she would lose her child to the authorities, she even spoke about being better for him if we had him not her.
    My dear wife's mother sadly passed away, I was in a bit of a tiz about the latest scare health wise.
    Everything over the past years must have had a massive effect on my good lady, it broke my heart to see her in tears, she hardly ever shows her emotion like this, and it was a timely intervention by her doctor to sign her off work for six weeks.
    It's been a long, hard road.
    The past few days have seen a massive change, my dear daughter is out of hospital and living with us, her cravings have all but gone, and to see her interacting with her son in a loving way just melts the heart, yesterday she organised a trip to the swimming pool for his first "swim". It took me back to when I used to take my children, along with going to the park and all the little things we parents take for granted, this was a massive change from those dark times not long ago.
    I hope this is just the start of a family life for my dear daughter and she experiances all the wonderful ( and sometimes infuriating) times children put us through, things look positive for the first time in a while.
    I have forgotten how to win at poker, that really doesn't matter :)
    Love to all. X

• Options
    edited September 2017

Tough times, Tom, but if anyone can come through, its you.

x

• Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    edited September 2017
    Good to hear your daughter appears to be on the right road
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    edited September 2017

Echoing Tikay and Quickfeet - hope everything continues to get a bit* better. 

* a lot
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,684
    edited September 2017
    Tom your openness and bravery are inspiring hope things stay good (exept the poker ;-)  ) gl 
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,515
    edited September 2017
    I hope things continue to improve , your trials certainly puts things into perspective.
  • Options
    Testing the new forum, took me a while to find out how to actually post 😅
    I had a quick scan through recent postings, by crikey there's some colourful language by a certain individual 😱.
    In general our life at home is so much better than previous months, it's my dear daughters birthday today, so nice to see her with a smile on her face, it was nice to see her and her brother chatting away about random stuff, that wouldn't have happened a couple of weeks ago, he takes a while to forgive.
    Looking forward to our holiday, only a couple of weeks to go, whilst all the lucky ones here will be at the SPT in Brighton we shall be slumming it on a cruise taking in the Panama Canal ho hum..
    Poker has been going ok recently, finished 3rd in the £5 £1k gtd B/h last night, on the down side I seem to have forgotten how to win PL08 tournies, thems the breaks I suppose.
    I seem to recall talk of photos being ok to post and approved? Fairly easily 😀 I may give that a try soon, be prepared for a few gorgeous grandson photos ( If allowed by dear daughter)
    Be nice, have fun.x
  • Options
    Hi Tom,

Yes, you can now post photos without awaiting "approval".

Panama Canal? You lucky man. That's on my bucket list for sure.
  • Options
  • Options
    Remember the decking I said I had completed 😊 , finally a pic of it.
  • Options

Wow, you made a good job of that Tom.

Fancy coming down and doing my decking, too?
  • Options
    PS - really pleased with how well the photos cone out on the new forum.

There's a few grumbles and chunters - as expected - but there are positives too.
  • Options
    Still learning how to post, can't quite get the hang of 'reply'
    I don't think I have enough wood for Chateu Kendall 😉
    Oh, and sometimes this leave a comment box doesn't appear on my iPad ( that's prob me pressing the wrong buttons, a statement my good lady says most often)
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    Wish my Garden looked like your,s tom have a wonderful holiday :)
  • Options
    Thanks Paige, we will have a fab time I'm sure.
    In shock news, sky bigwigs have looked through my mtt conquests and decided it won't be fair to others if I'm at the SPT or indeed not participating in mini Ukops, to cheer myself up I shall endeavour to post a pic 😉