You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My story

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,743
    edited August 2017
    The last few weeks have been really tough, apologies to anyone saying hi on the tables, I haven't been in the greatest space to chat.
    i can handle stuff when it's me it's happening to, but when it's my good lady and dear daughter it hurts so much., my daughter is in hospital, my wife has been signed off work for 6 weeks, we are currently looking after our gorgeous grandson, and a crazy pug.
    Me? I have a procedure next Monday to check for bowel cancer, things seem to be happening all at once and it's hard to maintain my strength of character.
    Life goes on as they say and we are taking one day at a time, my dear daughter has a review tomorrow to see if she is ok to leave hospital , we have persuaded her and her bf to stay at our house for a while, I'm positive it will help her, we will get through this together.
    Can't sign off without mentioning poker on a poker forum, meh, because I have been getting up for work at 5:45, going straight to hospital , bathing my gorgeous grandson , I have only been regging tourneys after 8:30 which is a couple hours later than the ones I like to play, pretty much breaking even.
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow, love you Chloe x

• Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    edited August 2017
    Sorry to hear you are running bad in life... hope things turn around
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    edited August 2017
    Wishing you and your family all the best.

Some run good massively overdue.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,684
    edited August 2017
    Hope things get better for you and yours Tom gl
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited August 2017
    Sometimes its hard to maintain your strength of character but thats when the people around you rally around and you know you are a great man based on the friends around you. Best wishes to you and the family
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250
    edited August 2017

Stay strong, Tom, because it helps others, me included, to stay strong too.

Good vibes sent for today, & next Monday.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Sometimes its hard to maintain your strength of character but thats when the people around you rally around and you know you are a great man based on the friends around you. Best wishes to you and the family
    Posted by MattBates
    Often true although somethimes peripheral friends and family can also be found wanting in such situations too, leaving you with an awful lot on your plate.

Either way you have shown amazing character to deal with everything Tom, all the more admirable when you are facing your own personal challenges on top.

Really hope things turn around for you mate!

All the best

Mark
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,698
    edited August 2017
    Keep marching Tom sending good will messages from mine to yours all the best with the scan 
    Sean 
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,486
    edited August 2017
    Stay strong Tom
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited August 2017
    Best Wishes Tom
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    edited August 2017
    Best Wishes Tom x
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,339
    edited September 2017
    I hope things are getting better for you and yours Tom, all the best.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Hope it goes OK today at the Hospital, Tom.

Good vibes sent.
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    edited September 2017
    Dont know you Tom but you sound like a good guy best wishes to you and your family.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,743
    edited September 2017
    Thank you all for your good wishes.
    The team in hospital acted like those really experienced pickpockets you see on TV, as I lay on my side the guy in front of me tried to distract me with idle chit chat whilst the guy behind me did the deed, only on this occasion I definitely noticed him trying to ' pick my pocket' with what felt like his whole arm.
    After the procedure I hobbled into the side room to fill in a form on how nice the staff were, I gave them top marks :)
    The good news is I have been given the all clear.
    More good news followed, the reason I went to this alone was because my good lady was at a review meeting in hospital, my dear daughter has been discharged into our care, she will be living with us for a while, today is a good day.

I really appreciate people taking the time to send their best wishes, thank you.

Hope for the future.x
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,339
    edited September 2017
    Top news Tom, top news.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited September 2017
    Great news Tom!
  • Options
    pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited September 2017

Excellent news Tom, made up for you all m8.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,698
    edited September 2017
    excellent news Tom :)
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Yay.