You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

My story

Comments

• tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Still following this thread and thinking of you and your family at this time Tom. And hey, GL on the tables when you get to play too.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks Max, I certainly need the luck at the tables :)
     Appreciate your good wishes. tc.
    edited January 2017
    I haven't been on this thread for awhile so when I seen this post by 1 of the people I really like on sky this upset me gl pal all the best john
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    Hi John, thanks for your post and good luck message. hope to see you on the tables soon, good luck mate.
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited January 2017
    http://oi56.tinypic.com/t8um4w.jpg

Do not look Tom!--- it will do you no good at all---- this pic is only for people that are coming on this thread to wish you luck, and are having trouble thinking of what to say--- Floppa whoppa Tom
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited January 2017
    Good playing against you recently Tom

Till the next time at the tables:)
    edited January 2017
    Good playing against you recently Tom Till the next time at the tables:)
    Posted by LARSON7
    Always a pleasure seeing you at the felt my good man,one day I may take some chips off you,good to see your not taking pity on me lol. Good luck mate.tc :) 
    edited January 2017
    I have a radiotherapy planning appt.on the 4th dec. The letter stated please bring the 2 "mini" enemas, I wonder what the maxi ones are like.? Perhaps they are blooding me in gently :)

My good lady and I have decided to put the house on the market, few reasons why,the journey to and from work is getting worse..too much traffic etc.,also with my treatment coming up I won't be able to do much work in the house.let me try to explain that better...We moved to this house in 2002 and since then I have made and fitted a bay window, 3 other windows,fitted the kitchen,made new doors,drawers and worktops for the kitchen,tiled the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms,made 3 beds, ( I work in a joinery works so luckily all the timber and fittings etc are readily available to me)

There are many other things that my wife and I have done together to make this house our home as I am sure you understand,the trouble is the conservatory which was to be my next project really needs replacing,as does the boiler.i do like to keep busy and when sitting back after it is finished there is a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.

I get up at 4.30 am to take my daughter to her new job, It isn't such a change as I used to get up at 5am for mine.She is doing well and enjoying it (I think,as getting anything out of a teenage girl is like extracting teeth) 
    I am posting this on iPad and it doesn't let me post many paragraphs so my next one will follow,but beware as I have a rantathon to share.

edited January 2017
    I usually have a quick trawl through poker chat when I am eating my breakfast. Tommy D's blog was at the top and I had a catch up on that,without doubt his take on the World Cup was the funniest thing I have read this year,the man is an absolute genius with words and I was laughing my head off before I went to work that day,how I wish I had read it at the time,could have taken some of the disappointment of England's early exit away.

I have entered maca girls plo8 100 game challenge,sounds like fun and there are quite a few of the better known names joining in,I will have to be on my top game for that, I am played 1 won 1 so far :) my fishy donk play works sometimes,and I don't get the abuse in the chat box as is sometimes the case in tother variety of poker I frequent.its a win win situation lol.

Now the rant
    Estate agents....he came round to our abode and said we need an epc, he has a chap they use all the time,ok I say have him ring us to arrange a day to do his stuff,now here's where it gets rather messy. He rings the wife and says til be £100 cash,now I really should have done my homework on the price before I agreed to use this chap,but we are going off the professionals recommendation right? 

I find out it should be more like half the price,so I ring him and ask why is it so much? He says it's cos he's doing a floor plan also, I then pretty much lose my rag as surely the **** estate agent should be paying for that!when I rang the agent they said it was a misunderstanding and they would pay for the floor plan,I cannot say what I was thinking or I may get in a bit of trouble :) he came and did his stuff yesterday and said he will email it to us today,as of 5.15 pm it isn't in our inbox,I wait with baited breath,it'll prob say rating z cos I'm a cantankerous sod.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,272
    edited January 2017
    Enemas & Estate Agents in 2 posts!
    They go well together.
    See you at the tables maybe
  • dumb_blonddumb_blond Member Posts: 308
    edited January 2017
    i.m always on the look out for a fella who's good with his hands

keep me in mind tom
    edited January 2017
    i.m always on the look out for a fella who's good with his hands   keep me in mind tom
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Haha good luck with your quest, my good lady wife wants me for my dashing good looks, great sense of humour , good with my hands, and of course my humility :)

PLO8 score P3 W2 L1
    edited January 2017
    http://oi56.tinypic.com/t8um4w.jpg Do not look Tom!--- it will do you no good at all---- this pic is only for people that are coming on this thread to wish you luck, and are having trouble thinking of what to say--- Floppa whoppa Tom
    Posted by oynutter
    Thank you for your post and good wishes, you make me chuckle, that's just what I need, Good luck my good man.
    edited January 2017
    Enemas & Estate Agents in 2 posts! They go well together. See you at the tables maybe
    Posted by VespaPX
    Ha ha indeed they do, thanks mate, hope you are recovering well and I look forward to seeing you on the tables.gl.
  • nicknat118nicknat118 Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2017

Tom, I read your post today, I very rarely read posts (I only play poker on the site, then get off usually) I don't know you but was very touched by both your story and honesty.

my wife was diagnosed with cancer 16 months ago, all I can say is she's much stronger than me and, faced it with great optimism and determination, she's has now been given the all clear.

all I can say is you sound like you have the same kind of outlook and determination, a good strong family and support network, so keep fighting, keep smiling and, good luck mate.

edited January 2017
    Tom, I read your post today, I very rarely read posts (I only play poker on the site, then get off usually) I don't know you but was very touched by both your story and honesty. my wife was diagnosed with cancer 16 months ago, all I can say is she's much stronger than me and, faced it with great optimism and determination, she's has now been given the all clear. all I can say is you sound like you have the same kind of outlook and determination, a good strong family and support network, so keep fighting, keep smiling and, good luck mate.
    Posted by nicknat118
    Thank you for taking the time to post your best wishes,that is fantastic news about your good lady wife! It gives me hope for the future,take care and good luck to you. Ps give your wife my best wishes for her continued good health.
    edited January 2017
    Plo8 score p4 w3 l1
    £3.30 p2 w2
    £2.25 p1 w1
    £0.60 p1 l1
    Methinks that's 75% 
    edited January 2017
    PLO8 Score P5 W4 L1

£3.30  P2  W2
    £2.25  P2  W2
    £0.60  P1  L1

80 % onwards and upwards
    edited January 2017
    Life goes on,here's a little story I would like to share.i am not a great fan of ladies having tattoos as I think the female form is beautiful as it is,now my lovely daughter,(who was the cool kid at school with a wicked sense of humour and very very pretty, I know I am her dad but it is true.) has had a few tattoos which I have expressed my opinion on, yeah I know it's her body,life etc etc,but we have a very good relationship and we can talk to each other about pretty much anything,except them mother daughter things of course. I took her in town yesterday to buy my good lady wife a birthday present and the conversation turned to tattoos and she told me about her new one which I expressed my disdain,it is a playing card,the king of hearts with a banner running through it which is empty. She said dad it's about you cos you are the king of my heart,you play poker and when you finish your treatment I am putting the date in the banner...I almost had a tear in my eye.

We got our replacement suite Friday as the first one was a bit falling to pieces ish, there is a media unit in the centre of it which baffles me but luckily enough my wife is intelligent enough to work it, today we are doing the house cleaning with the iPad playing 70,s and 80,s music through the suite. Stand by me by ben e king came on and the wife and I had a smoothie dance to it,life doesn't get any better than this!

Poker wise I fin 2nd in £2 bounty hunter,happy days.
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited January 2017

Still following this Tom. 

Nice post above, and highlights the love we have for our nearest and dearest. No shame in being proud of your daughter and thinking the world of your wife. 

Nice little poker result to boot.....well done.
    edited January 2017
    Still following this Tom.  Nice post above, and highlights the love we have for our nearest and dearest. No shame in being proud of your daughter and thinking the world of your wife.  Nice little poker result to boot.....well done.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks Max, nice to know I'm not just rambling to myself:) 
    edited January 2017
    Just been reminiscing, searched wsop2010 07 Flickr an album of photos, if anyone wants to see my real self I am on page 3 lol top of the page on the right hand side,the one with the glasses and little hair.