You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My story

Comments

• Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    edited January 2017
    Best of luck today. I hope it's a goodun Tom.
  • Options
    shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited January 2017
    Fingers crossed for today Tom, run well.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    edited January 2017
    All the best Tom, take care.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,684
    edited January 2017
    Run good Tom 
  • Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2017
    All the best Tom.
    Rainman
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,565
    edited January 2017
    Thinking of you , good luck Tom.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,046
    edited January 2017
    All the best Tom.  
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,744
    edited January 2017
    Wow, thanks for the messages chaps ( and chapesses)
    You know when you build yourself up for a first date, nerves shredded, thinking what shall I talk about, will she like the place I will suggest going to, what shall I wear etc etc, then the big day comes and you get a text saying she is washing her hair.

Got a phone call from dear daughter Friday 10am, the hospital have cancelled the appointment....The doctor had called in sick.

My head has been all over the place the last couple days, but as my sister said - if there was any bad news they would be in touch to go in straight away.
    Got a phone call today, the appointment has been rearranged for Saturday 21st Jan..

The good lady wife and I went to visit her mum today, have a tidy up etc, her mum seemed in good spirits which was nice to see, I got a phone call from dear daughter whist there, did I want to come with her for a " Pug Meet" ( few people with Pugs meet on the seafront and walk their dogs., I jumped at the chance :) absolutely loved it, her dog is in season though and all the others seemed to be male dogs :( suffice to say they were VERY friendly to Panda ( daughters Pugs name)

I may play a little poker this evening.
    Good luck all, be nice x

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Got a letter from hospital today, sorry your 11:20 appointment on 21/1/17 has been cancelled....
    It has been re-arranged for 10:00 on 21/1/17. 
    There's plenty of days between now and Saturday for further developments :)

Remember the Pug meet? Well....the day after poor Panda was feeling really sorry for herself as she couldn't open one of her eyes :( ..Tried bathing it in warm water to no avail .
    Darling daughter took her to the vet who diagnosed an eye infection ( who'd a thought)
    Eye drops twice daily are an absolute bu gr to put in, she fights and wriggles like a tigress, I feel awful putting them in, but afterwards she knows she will get a treat so she sits there, give her the treat and she wanders off with it, giving me the evil eye..no more Pug meets ( for a while anyway)
    Played a bit of poker last night, made FT of dtd3, was very late though and I wasn't feeling up to pitting my wits against the good players who were on the table, shoved The lovely Rose's raise with 33, she has JQ.. I don't mind a flip :)
    Board ran out 6:7:8:9:10 and I don't get a chop :)
    Be good, have fun x
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Sad start to this evenings post - My darling daughter is moving out soon :(
    She was talking about going to IKEA this weekend to purchase various items for her new abode ( with her boyfriend, and Pug , I know it's getting sadder)
    When my good lady asked what time she wanted to set off, dear daughter said the planned trip was off as she was a little short of funds this month.
    Played a bit of poker last night, managed to cash in the 6:30 bh, FT both PL08 tournaments I played, finishing 2nd in one and 3rd in the other.
    Now the post turns a corner to happy.
    Remember me saying I withdraw a little when I go £100 over my b/r I'm happy with - well these cashes put me over that sum so I was able to withdraw and get this - I promised my daughter I will take her to aforementioned household goods place and treat her to the goods she wanted for the new abode :)
    I am the hero of the day , really happy.
    Dentist tomorrow am may have a bearing on my new found upswing mood :)
    Good times
    Be safe , have fun x

• Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Sad start to this evenings post - My darling daughter is moving out soon :( She was talking about going to IKEA this weekend to purchase various items for her new abode ( with her boyfriend, and Pug , I know it's getting sadder) When my good lady asked what time she wanted to set off, dear daughter said the planned trip was off as she was a little short of funds this month. Played a bit of poker last night, managed to cash in the 6:30 bh, FT both PL08 tournaments I played, finishing 2nd in one and 3rd in the other. Now the post turns a corner to happy. Remember me saying I withdraw a little when I go £100 over my b/r I'm happy with - well these cashes put me over that sum so I was able to withdraw and get this - I promised my daughter I will take her to aforementioned household goods place and treat her to the goods she wanted for the new abode :) I am the hero of the day , really happy. Dentist tomorrow am may have a bearing on my new found upswing mood :) Good times Be safe , have fun x
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Quality parenting good stuff Tom run good
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Thanks Harry, you too my good man.
    Had a great result at hospital today - the CT scan and blood tests show my cancer hasn't re-surfaced :)

Doc said I'm one of the unlucky ones who, because of the brachytherapy and radiotherapy am suffering the effects ( later than usual apparently ) 
    He will write to my GP and suggest a course of anti-inflammatories, hopefully I will be able to take them as up to now I haven't due to an op I had a few years ago.

To celebrate the good news my dear wife is cooking me a steak tonight :)

I may play some poker later.
    Happy days
    Good luck all x
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    edited January 2017
    Good stuff Tom.

Best of luck on the tables too
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,625
    edited January 2017

Wonderful news Tom.

Cheered me up a treat, that. Guess it cheered you up a bit, too.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,707
    edited January 2017
    great news Tom see you later matey
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    edited January 2017
    Fantastic news Tom - really made up for you and your family :)
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,046
    edited January 2017
    Great news Tom. Really pleased for you.

Enjoy your steak!
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited January 2017
    Awesome news, Tom :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017