You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My story

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,744
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Fantastic news buddy cheered me up today.
    Posted by day4eire76
    Thanks Patrick, send my best wishes to you and family mate.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Great News Tom, break your habit, buy some beer, get out there and light up Eastbourne  ;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Ha, cheers Neil, I ran out of red paint many years ago, besides even with my trusty new hat it is still TOO COLD to venture out in the evening.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Brilliant news Tom. x
    Posted by mumsie
    Thanks Charlie, hope you are well and keeping busy.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I've already said it to you Tom but this is great news
    Posted by Jac35
    Appreciate the double up Paul, ( I'm getting good at this poker ref malarkey ) hope all is well in the new home with Harry and Penny, good luck on the felt.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,487
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: My story : Appreciate the double up Paul, ( I'm getting good at this poker ref malarkey ) hope all is well in the new home with Harry and Penny, good luck on the felt.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Sigh
    I've lost count of the people who have said cheers for the double up to me
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Great news Tom, have a splendid Sunday!
    Posted by Enut
    Thank you Paul, hope you had a lovely weekend also.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Marvellous stuff, hope you enjoyed your steak. 
    Posted by SR23
    Cheers Steve, I enjoyed the steak immensely , hope you are well..and good luck on the felt and with the pencils.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Fantastic news
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks Mark, best wishes to you and family.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWRaAF6_WY
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ^ Reciprocated, great to see you are enjoying your youth.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Really Appreciate all the kind words, it means an awful lot to me.
    Well, the trip to IKEA went well., we made solid arrangements to set off at 10am to try and miss the lunch time rush.
    Set off at 11:15 when everyone was ready, bit of a palaver getting the sat nav to recognise the post code, how difficult can it be for a satellite to work out every single road and best route in the UK ;)
    Trip was good, until we reached Croydon that is...it seems the rules of the road don't apply there,I remained calm as folk in the non existent second lane bullied their way in front of me to gain that vital 2 seconds on their journey.
    It came as a surprise that everybody in the UK ( or so it seemed) had won at poker and decided to spend the winnings at aforementioned household goods emporium.
    Decided to have a bite to eat when we arrived , they carried on serving even though it was blatantly obvious there was no room at the inn.
    My weekend run good continued however, and on our search for a table we managed to walk past someone who was just getting up, I'm such a luck box.
    Spent a tad more than my withdrawal amount ( approx twice as much) my dear daughter kept saying she would pay us back as she felt really guilty, I consoled her with a dad hug :)
    So all in all had a lovely weekend.
    Fin 4th in the PL08 £3 mtt last night, am I playing the right games? Course I am :)
    Really tired now, no poker this evening.may play dtd games tomorrow.
    Be nice, have fun x
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited January 2017
    Fantastic news Tom. hope your run golden continues xx
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Fantastic news Tom. hope your run golden continues xx
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Thanks Donna,sorry to hear of your recent car problems.. sending dust your way ( may be dandruff so please check) 
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: My story : Thanks Donna,sorry to hear of your recent car problems.. sending dust your way ( may be dandruff so please check) 
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Hahaha thanks Tom, yes it nearly tipped me over the edge big time. All sorted now (hopefully)
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited January 2017
    Very happy to hear your great news Tom.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,487
    edited January 2017
    Not only crushing the plo8 mtts but also the nl Holdem  ones these days
    Vwp last night Tom 
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,557
    edited January 2017
    nice cash Tom, VWP.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Not only crushing the plo8 mtts but also the nl Holdem  ones these days Vwp last night Tom 
    Posted by Jac35
    Crushing :) Thanks Paul, my current run good shows no sign of ending, make hay whilst the sun shines and all that.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    nice cash Tom, VWP.
    Posted by mumsie
    Thanks Charlie, was good to be on your table in the late stages, I'm such a luckbox eh :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    To clarify above posts, I played a few tournaments last night, managed to run deep in the mini bh.
    It was an experiance I haven't had in quite a while in this particular one.
    Gotta say the later stages were really tough with some really good players as beffits the tournament.
    Mumsie was on my table for a while and kept my spirits high with his wit, I certainly needed something at that late hour to keep me going, and the rail from the best folk I know was awesome.
    Militant G was a true gent on the final table and a really tough opponent., he deservedly took it down although he must have been sweating a bit as my final hand of 33 was counterfeited on the river :)

My run good seems to be notching up a bit, I will post more on that below.

Darling wife was walking downstairs to see "What the b **** am I doing at stupid o clock" just as I was putting the laptop away to retire for the night..I had a fairly early hospital appointment this morning and she was a tad miffed at me, 
    Balance went out the window last night, lucky I didn't follow it :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Bit emotional writing this bit,
    My oncology appointment was this morning, I managed to get up in time after someone persuaded me to play poker last night and finish 2nd in the mini.
    I had my baby consultant again, the one who saw me at the very beginning of my cancer 'journey'
    He seems to have aged a bit since I last saw him, he looks out of his teens now.
    The appointment went really well, he said it's almost 3 years since I started my hormone injections and they would like to take me off them, I was mightily relieved when he said he's pretty sure they got all the cancer and the next step is to come off the hormone therapy and keep check on my psa and testosterone levels.
    The next injection in 2 weeks will be my last.
    My levels will go up slightly but that is ok, the testosterone may take a while, but will hopefully return to manageable levels, you know - start being a bit of an a..ss. ;)
    So loyal readers, thank you for bearing with me and for all the messages of support, it hey made it so much easier to cope.
    I will keep posting, I like it here :) and who knows, there may be things to report on the manliness front :)
    Stay tuned for the next episode, 
    Love to all. Xx