You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What should I do now?

Comments

• Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited January 2017
    ^^^ shove pre

as played shove flop
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited January 2017
    Can't see the stacks but if you have ~2000 or less I prefer a jam (and likewise if either of the other players have those kinda stack sizes). 

How on earth did you fold the flop (no offence lol)? Was it a misclick?
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited January 2017
    Good fold....various backdoor straight flushes lurking that would render your Ac nut flush obsolete.
  • jdsallstarjdsallstar Member Posts: 1,675
    edited January 2017
    What the **** happened there mumsie? lol shove pre, shove flop....shove something anyway lol
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    edited January 2017
    But i think you should be tighter,  AK isn't something I like multiway unless its dirt  cheap.

Then tonight, I play like this.

Your not the only one. I do this as well. Say something on the forum then when i get in that position play it completely differently. Looks like a shove from here tho
  • SMARTGOATSMARTGOAT Member Posts: 477
    edited January 2017
    2.25 DYM's are filled with recreational players unlike the other stakes, there are very few 2.25 regs, this means the higher rake is still beatable. I've maintaned a 65% win rate over a small sample of 300 2.25 games since i started recording my results. There is one player on here who I only ever see at these stakes and has exceptionally good stats despite the extra rake.

I'm still certain I would call here, I'm sure Tikay is correct in predicting his edge and in which case he should use his edge post flop rather than getting it in level 1. We're probably flipping at worst here if we get it in, but if we double up we're not guarenteed to cash, we're probably an 85-90% favourite. Against players likely to make mistakes it is up to you to adjust your strategy, rather than accepting that they made a mistake in calling for a flip.

I'm glad Tikay has kept us in suspense, the result would of created a bias in the responses. The beauty of poker is that all decisions could be argued as profitable and there is no real definitive answer.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,465
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now?:
    Can't see the stacks but if you have ~2000 or less I prefer a jam (and likewise if either of the other players have those kinda stack sizes).  How on earth did you fold the flop (no offence lol)? Was it a misclick?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Saw hot flush coming.... spluttered.... teeth fell out bent down to pick them up.... got timed out
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766
    edited January 2017
    2.25 DYM's are filled with recreational players unlike the other stakes, there are very few 2.25 regs, this means the higher rake is still beatable. I've maintaned a 65% win rate over a small sample of 300 2.25 games since i started recording my results. There is one player on here who I only ever see at these stakes and has exceptionally good stats despite the extra rake. I'm still certain I would call here, I'm sure Tikay is correct in predicting his edge and in which case he should use his edge post flop rather than getting it in level 1. We're probably flipping at worst here if we get it in, but if we double up we're not guarenteed to cash, we're probably an 85-90% favourite. Against players likely to make mistakes it is up to you to adjust your strategy, rather than accepting that they made a mistake in calling for a flip. I'm glad Tikay has kept us in suspense, the result would of created a bias in the responses. The beauty of poker is that all decisions could be argued as profitable and there is no real definitive answer.
    Posted by SMARTGOAT

+ 1 to both of those statements.
    edited January 2017

So many great replies in this, & it's impossible to name all those who posted such great advice, even though much of it was contradictory. There is no correct definitive answer, of course.

I've learned so much from this one thread, & my game will be better for it.
    edited January 2017

Fold pre?

I can't actually imagine I could ever do that here.

But If I did, for whatever reason, there's one thing for sure - I'd not tell a single living soul.

I had a few things in my mind, but folding was not amongst them.
    edited January 2017

When I first returned to NLH via these DYMs, I found that jamming very big hands early doors often resulted in folks calling off with all sorts of junk, & I doubled up many times.

But I'm trying to re-learn the game, & eventually, move up the stakes. And that kite just won't fly at higher stakes.

edited January 2017

I've always been a big fan of squeezing. I get almost offended  by serial limping. These boys have to be punished.

A mate of mine from the old Luton G days, Richard Lynch (sadly, he passed away recently) used to say "they can't call, can they?"

So I do squeeze quite often, it is very satisfying on so many levels.

Psychologically, the limpers HATE it. We have pushed them around, forced them to do something (fold), & nobody likes to be pushed around. A successful poker squeeze really does give us psychological superiority. 

The Sticky Sorts want to be in their comfort zone. And we want to take them out of their comfort zone.

You wanna see a flop sunshine? Well call this then. 

It's hugely profitable, on balance.

Of course, it won't work at higher stakes, as most who play those stakes would never serial limp.

edited January 2017

So I jammed all-in.

I was only worried about UTG man, logically nobody else can have a hand.

He snap-called. Whoops.

It seemed an age before everyone else folded, & I was cursing myself for being so dumb. Boy, I was gonna look pretty silly now.

Eventually, everyone else folds, & it's on their backs.

He has A-5.

There's no twist in the tail, the door card was the King, & it ran out safely.  

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    edited January 2017
    There's one player who gets the lot at £5.50 dyms who limps in constantly. It shouldn't work for him but it really does
    edited January 2017

I was really heartened by several successful players saying "easiest jam ever". I thought so, too. When TommyD says it's a good play, it probably is.

Howevva.....

The thread has taught me it was the wrong play, & I'd not do it again. I played it wrong, but won.

Actually, I MIGHT do it again, (at small stakes) as I love that squeeze play so much. But I'll just not tell anyone.......

It was not the world's worst play, far from it. But it was not great, either. And it deffo won't work at higher stakes, as that scenario, with everyone limping, is simply impossible at higher stakes. And if it did happen, the Button would very likely squeeze first.....  

edited January 2017
    There's one player who gets the lot at £5.50 dyms who limps in constantly. It shouldn't work for him but it really does
    Posted by Jac35
    I doubt it works in the long term Paul.

Maybe you need to squeeze.

Most Sticky Sorts have horrendous loss rates per game over extended sample sizes.

edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : I doubt it works in the long term Paul. Maybe you need to squeeze. Most Sticky Sorts have horrendous loss rates per game over extended sample sizes.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I totally agree
    This chap has played 53k games though which makes it interesting to me
    Sent you a link 
    Anyway
    Sorry for short derail
    Back to this hand
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : I doubt it works in the long term Paul. Maybe you need to squeeze. Most Sticky Sorts have horrendous loss rates per game over extended sample sizes.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    You could well be right. I'm very nitty ;)
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited January 2017
    I was really heartened by several successful players saying "easiest jam ever". I thought so, too. When TommyD says it's a good play, it probably is.   Howevva..... The thread has taught me it was the wrong play, & I'd not do it again. I played it wrong, but won.   Actually, I MIGHT do it again, (at small stakes) as I love that squeeze play so much. But I'll just not tell anyone....... It was not the world's worst play, far from it. But it was not great, either. And it deffo won't work at higher stakes, as that scenario, with everyone limping, is simply impossible at higher stakes. And if it did happen, the Button would very likely squeeze first.....    
    Posted by Tikay10

Just to point out... no one limped in your hand :p There was a 5x and then lots of calls.

Although if it was the same amounts but limps (so it's 50/100 and they all limp) then I'd be even more inclined to jam 

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited January 2017
    Can never underestimate the 'gamble' some players have (I wanna use a different word but it wouldn't be very nice and I have a nice guy image to uphold)

Can often do similar in the lower (and sometimes higher) stake BHs, never ceases to amaze me what people will look you up with early doors.

I was quite happy to fence sit regarding calling/3betting/jamming, the only clear mistake in my eyes was folding. Glad it didn't enter your thought process :)