You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What should I do now?

Comments

• Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited January 2017
    It's definitely bizarre to not have a calling range here at all imo. I'm slightly leaning towards jamming but I think peeling is not much worse and is miles better than folding. 

Madness imo to not setmine with all PPs at least. If we peel pre, then check/fold when we miss and now have 1900 it really has vvv little impact on our EV/ROI for the game, even more so if we reckon the game is vv soft like TK said.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    edited January 2017
    There is a calling range, but doesn't have to include AK. All pocket pairs should call here closing the action and loads of other combo hands.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited January 2017
    Woulda thought there was a good argument to call almost any 2 here, let alone a hand as strong as AKs.
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now?:
    There is a calling range, but doesn't have to include AK. All pocket pairs should call here closing the action and loads of other combo hands.
    Posted by bbMike
    Yeah I was just replying to the person who said they jam JJ+ and fold everything else. Given it's 4BBs out of a stack of 100BB and as you say we're closing the action and know we'll have great implied odds multi-way against people TK thinks are weaker opponents there's lots we shold peel here
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : Yeah I was just replying to the person who said they jam JJ+ and fold everything else. Given it's 4BBs out of a stack of 100BB and as you say we're closing the action and know we'll have great implied odds multi-way against people TK thinks are weaker opponents there's lots we shold peel here
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah fair enough, cross posting making things confused for me!

Just think it's worth saying that just because we think one hand should peel, doesn't mean we therefore think all hands better pre should also at least peel. E.g. might decide to peel T9s and fold A9o.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited January 2017
    Posted by bbMike
    So you are calling combo hands but not AK suited?

I am really struggling to understand this great edge we have if we are unable to play AK suited multi way.
  • Options
    jdsallstarjdsallstar Member Posts: 1,675
    edited January 2017
    Thing to also consider, if this is the action in level one chances are there will be similar action throughout so if we had AKs later on and we get a limper we reraise we could end up with four callers anyway. 

So unless are plan is to sit and wait for aces or try to fold our way to the money completely we're going to have to get our hands dirty at some stage and AKs sounds like a pretty decent place to start.
  • Options
    gerardirlgerardirl Member Posts: 1,299
    edited January 2017
    I guess its the struggle to understand why its a fold, that seperates the 60%+ win rate dymers from the others.
    I thought it was pretty easy to understand but I guess we have a lot of top mtts players that dont see it.

Ger
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I guess its the struggle to understand why its a fold, that seperates the 60%+ win rate dymers from the others. I thought it was pretty easy to understand but I guess we have a lot of top mtts players that dont see it. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

It's an additional 80 chips from a 2k stack, with a double nut maker. It's hardly a make or break DYM hand.

As above, there is probably an argument to call almost any 2 in this spot so AKs is at the very least a peel.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited January 2017
    I guess its the struggle to understand why its a fold, that seperates the 60%+ win rate dymers from the others. I thought it was pretty easy to understand but I guess we have a lot of top mtts players that dont see it. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Don't understand this post at all.
    Can you tell me who the 60% players are over a proper sample, i don't know any, as that might help a bit?
  • Options
    jdsallstarjdsallstar Member Posts: 1,675
    edited January 2017
    There's also been quite a few with +60% win rates at £2 dyms who have said they wouldnt dream of folding.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : So you are calling combo hands but not AK suited? I am really struggling to understand this great edge we have if we are unable to play AK suited multi way.
    Posted by MattBates
    Yep, think I opt to raise here. You won't have a great edge if you're always going 5 to the flop in a bloated pot with little idea where you are OOP.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Sorry Jac I didnt renew my sharkscope so cant check mate.

What would you do Jac, you've a very high win rate in holdem dyms.

Ger
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Sorry Jac I didnt renew my sharkscope so cant check mate. What would you do Jac, you've a very high win rate in holdem dyms. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

He wouldn't fold, I can guarantee that ;)
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited January 2017
    Posted by gerardirl
    Go on I will bite. Please can you explain why we don't want to go multi way with a nut making hand when we close the action?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Really wow with five in the hand, not smarter to be patient, let some of them take each other out and then play your ak v 1 player instead of 5 hhy?
    As for playing any 2 cards, well try that and let me know how you get on? 

Fascinating thread.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Really wow with five in the hand, not smarter to be patient, let some of them take each other out and then play your ak v 1 player instead of 5 hhy? As for playing any 2 cards, well try that and let me know how you get on?  Fascinating thread.
    Posted by gerardirl

Is there any guarantee they will ''take each other out''? It's 80 chips from 2000 with a double nut making hand, I feel the need to reiterate.

Looks a pretty obvious spot to at the very least peel any2 and go from there.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : Go on I will bite. Please can you explain why we don't want to go multi way with a nut making hand when we close the action?
    Posted by MattBates
    Because often in a poor standard dym Matt you can let the field drop to 4 players without having to get involved early on. What Im not liking here is that you have 5 in the hand and it is very likely you will have spots to take on one player with a good hand instead of 5 players.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : Because often in a poor standard dym Matt you can let the field drop to 4 players without having to get involved early on. What Im not liking here is that you have 5 in the hand and it is very likely you will have spots to take on one player with a good hand instead of 5 players.
    Posted by gerardirl

It's 80 chips from 2000.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    What would you do hhy?and what are your calling ranges here and shoving ranges.

Ger