You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What should I do now?

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now?:
    What would you do hhy?and what are your calling ranges here and shoving ranges. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

I think I've already said further back but whatever.

Think anything other than folding is fine. Folding looks a disaster and a big mistake but peeling, 3betting and shoving all have their individual merits. I don't believe anyone actually folds pre in game and if you do then maybe poker isn't the game for that individual.

Should be calling pretty much any 2 in this spot I think. Just because you've put 100 chips in pre doesn't mean you have to commit any more post flop.
  • Options
    gerardirlgerardirl Member Posts: 1,299
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : I think I've already said further back but whatever. Think anything other than folding is fine. Folding looks a disaster and a big mistake but peeling, 3betting and shoving all have their individual merits. I don't believe anyone actually folds pre in game and if you do then maybe poker isn't the game for that individual. Should be calling pretty much any 2 in this spot I think. Just because you've put 100 chips in pre doesn't mean you have to commit any more post flop.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Very good, I dont think losing 20 chips is a disaster mind. Thanks for your opinion though.

Ger
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : Very good, I dont think losing 20 chips is a disaster mind. Thanks for your opinion though. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Tbf you could argue that folding AA here is 'only losing 20 chips' so don't worry about it :p
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : Very good, I dont think losing 20 chips is a disaster mind. Thanks for your opinion though. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

As above.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Good point L ;)
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited January 2017
    Vwp btw Tikay for creating a strat topic that's resulted in probably 80+ more comments than any strat thread on here in the last 12 months. I haven't been around for a while but from memory the clinic has been vv dead for years, so it's good to see a good debate... and without too much fighting ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Without too much fighting lol, its like who will tilt first lol

Poor chilling still doesnt know the outcome :(

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    edited January 2017
    Without too much fighting lol, its like who will tilt first lol Poor chilling still doesnt know the outcome :(
    Posted by gerardirl
    Lol
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited January 2017
    Vwp btw Tikay for creating a strat topic that's resulted in probably 80+ more comments than any strat thread on here in the last 12 months. I haven't been around for a while but from memory the clinic has been vv dead for years, so it's good to see a good debate... and without too much fighting ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    shut up Lambo
  • Options
    Mayhem357Mayhem357 Member Posts: 87
    edited January 2017
    By the way as I didn't answer I feel this is a call all day long, 3 betting at this buy in level is pretty ineffective as too many callers come along with wide holdings and if you miss the flop you are folding too often.   Ideal strategy is call and value bet the flop if you connect. Of course you have to be willing to throw your hand away on the flop if you don't connect.

I agree with Essex Phil about playing hands face up but at these stakes you are playing so many recreational players who have a very basic grasp of the game it doesn't matter.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    By the way as I didn't answer I feel this is a call all day long, 3 betting at this buy in level is pretty ineffective as too many callers come along with wide holdings and if you miss the flop you are folding too often.   Ideal strategy is call and value bet the flop if you connect. Of course you have to be willing to throw your hand away on the flop if you don't connect. I agree with Essex Phil about playing hands face up but at these stakes you are playing so many recreational players who have a very basic grasp of the game it doesn't matter.
    Posted by Mayhem357
    Well that settles that then, thanks Mark

Happy to close it now chilling?

Ger
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : Well that settles that then, thanks Mark Happy to close it now chilling? Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

But us MTT players saying call don't understand?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : But us MTT players saying call don't understand?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yep
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : Yep
    Posted by gerardirl

But DYM regs call and understand?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : But DYM regs call and understand?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Now your getting it sir :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : Now your getting it sir :)
    Posted by gerardirl

Guessing you're being sarcastic otherwise you look more than a bit of a clown.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : Guessing you're being sarcastic otherwise you look more than a bit of a clown.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Hat trick for hhy ;)
  • Options
    WhizzewkyWhizzewky Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2017
    Intersting set of answers..all correct imo apart from shoving.A great man once told me..'let the players fight it out and don't get involved until you have to. This leads me to believe tikay folded pre...would love the answer to be ..tk folds,post flop at least 4 all ins..tk cashes 1980 chips:)

WHIZZZZZY

• Options
    WhizzewkyWhizzewky Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2017
    No I believe Tikay shoved and was called by a5, he got lucky and won lol. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    If tk shoved i'll eat my laptop:)

• Options
    RLT16RLT16 Member Posts: 1,433
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : If tk shoved i'll eat my laptop:)
    Posted by Whizzewky
    Get chewing :)