You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What should I do now?

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now?:
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : Only the better ones. The problem with the ultra cautious approach of some is that they appear to want to play with their cards effectively face up. That will make money up to (poss0 £5.50 DYMs. Then people get left with a really exploitable style at higher levels....
    Posted by Essexphil
    Shoving with AK isn't face up?
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited January 2017
    Can i call the clock please.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited January 2017
    Mr Phil of Essex the question is set in the context of a soft 2.25 dym and I think we need to have that top of our minds when proposing action or dismissing action.

I am now uber tight v loose recs at low BI dyms levels 1 to 3 especially out of position.

I advocated a fold. I dont mind a call it may be technically better even given the still low risk and potential. I am probably swayed by my own experience where I thought I could adjust easily from 6 max to dym and found it took a lot longer and alot more changes than expected.

The shove will not get through anywhere near as often as you think it would. If we expect calls from 77+ (I wouldnt be surprised by 22) then we should factor that in before shoving not curse our oppenets predictable mistake after the event.

• Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    edited January 2017
    In a normal structured DYM its a fold for me based on the fact that its such a soft  field. Far to much time to take advantage of the other players and the longer you play them the more your gonna read their betting patterns and ranges and identify a better spot.

Tommy D did say if someone calls you with 77 its their mistake, but in this game i,d expect a lot of mistakes and ceratainly don,t wanna be flipping in level 1. In a harder game i,d be calling tho

So i would fold, watch and take notes 

Ps What happened? 

Pps - If your re-learning NLH DYM why not post some hands in the poker clinic. There used to be a few hands in there but it seems very qiuet these days - could get it going again

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    edited January 2017
    Mr Phil of Essex the question is set in the context of a soft 2.25 dym and I think we need to have that top of our minds when proposing action or dismissing action. I am now uber tight v loose recs at low BI dyms levels 1 to 3 especially out of position. I advocated a fold. I dont mind a call it may be technically better even given the still low risk and potential.
    Posted by Phantom66
    This is the key question. is the aim to play at a £2.25 level, or higher? At this level it is probably a call (which is why I only referred to folding being (imo) bad earlier, whereas at higher levels i feel it is a shove. That said, I last played a DYM as low as £2.25 in about 2006. Anyway, poker is always open to lot of different styles
  • Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    edited January 2017
    I've read all responses so far and I'm surprised to say the least at some .

Folding = never ever folding here . ICM

3 betting at this level achieves nothing

Jamming get you in a flip situation where you have an edge o on the field so why do it . Can't win a dym level 1  but can lose it punting off.

Calling best option in my opinion.  discipline is key we go from flop losing no more than 60 from our stack when we can flop the world.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited January 2017
    Still amazed anyone would say folding is the best line.

Phantom, I know we've discussed this away from here but I can't agree with you, nor indeed with anyone who says fold. I also don't believe for one minute that anyone actually folds this pre in game.
  • Options
    gerardirlgerardirl Member Posts: 1,299
    edited January 2017
    Still amazed anyone would say folding is the best line. Phantom, I know we've discussed this away from here but I can't agree with you, nor indeed with anyone who says fold. I also don't believe for one minute that anyone actually folds this pre in game.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I'm amazed your amazed 
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : I'm amazed your amazed 
    Posted by gerardirl

You fold here 100% of the time?
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,148
    edited January 2017
    Still amazed anyone would say folding is the best line. Phantom, I know we've discussed this away from here but I can't agree with you, nor indeed with anyone who says fold. I also don't believe for one minute that anyone actually folds this pre in game.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    The Beatles, Jerry and The Pacemakers, The Las, Echo and The Bunnymen, The zutons and many more all have one thing in common......

• Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : You fold here 100% of the time?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    At level 1 I do yes
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : At level 1 I do yes
    Posted by gerardirl

Then I think you're making a mistake (and also maybe not being truthful)

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited January 2017
    For the players who fold pre
    What hands do we actually play in dyms?
    In this hand we have had a single raise, from a serial raiser, and the rest have called.
    We're hardly in 5bet territory 
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    With five callers Id shove with jj or better here and fold the rest. Like to hear from Mayhem or wardstar though as they are better at holdem dyms.

Ger
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    With five callers Id shove with jj or better here and fold the rest. Like to hear from Mayhem or wardstar though as they are better at holdem dyms. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

You already have heard from Mayhem and at no point does he say fold pre.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What should I do now? : Then I think you're making a mistake (and also maybe not being truthful)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ger is often squeaky tight.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Im aware we heard from Mayhem but I'd be interested to hear what hands he would play.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Im aware we heard from Mayhem but I'd be interested to hear what hands he would play.
    Posted by gerardirl

Well if you're not at least calling AKs then you're folding 99% of hands no?
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    edited January 2017
    Make it 400 and fold to shove.
  • Options
    stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited January 2017
    The thing is this is why dyms are so good

All options are playable 

A shove is ok maybe not the best strategy

A call is ok

A fold is ok