You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Brexit

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,208
  • Options
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2019
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg boils over in live BBC interview after questions over his promotion of far-right German AfD leader

Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg lost his customary cool during a live BBC interview after being confronted over his promotion of a far-right German leader.
    The anti-EU Conservative had prompted anger after approvingly quoting the leader of the AfD, senior figures from which have called for refugees to be shot.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/jacob-rees-mogg-boils-over-in-live-bbc-interview-after-questions-over-his-promotion-of-far-right-german-afd-leader/ar-BBVyVcH?ocid=spartandhp

What has this got to do with Brexit ?.......more mud slinging tactics ...pathetic!
    Its a fact.
    When have facts ever got in the way of this 'meaningful 'dialogue??
    HAYSIE said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg boils over in live BBC interview after questions over his promotion of far-right German AfD leader

Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg lost his customary cool during a live BBC interview after being confronted over his promotion of a far-right German leader.
    The anti-EU Conservative had prompted anger after approvingly quoting the leader of the AfD, senior figures from which have called for refugees to be shot.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/jacob-rees-mogg-boils-over-in-live-bbc-interview-after-questions-over-his-promotion-of-far-right-german-afd-leader/ar-BBVyVcH?ocid=spartandhp

What has this got to do with Brexit ?.......more mud slinging tactics ...pathetic!

Its a fact.
    HAYSIE said:

JRM takes a comment in isolation from the leader of afd , and all of a sudden he's promoting the far right German party. Little bit like me using something Haysie has said and then some numbskull saying I was now a remainer.
    Journalism at it's worst and a non story .!
  • Options
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Its a fact.
    You will of course be aware of who Mr Rees-Mogg is, where other people seemingly aren't.

He was of course a leading light in the leave campaign, Chairman of the ERG, no deal fanatic, and latterly a reluctant supporter of the Withdrawal Agreement.

He and his like were called out yesterday by Mark Carney over their managed no deal nonsense.

He has lied continually over the WTO trade implications, and in my view attempted to sell the public down the river in order to satisfy his own ideological ends.

Putting all this aside, the article I posted referred to him losing it in an interview after being asked questions regarding an AFD video that he retweeted.

AFD members are famous for recommending the shooting of refugees.

Even though I didn't think my opinion of him, couldn't sink any further, it has as a result of this incident.

Founded in 2013, the AfD has provoked outrage in Germany with its stance on race and religion, and came under heavy criticism last year for posters which called for "Islam-free schools".
    In January this year, members of the far-right party also staged a walkout from the Bavarian parliament during a service remembering Holocaust victims.
    The former head of Germany‘s Central Council of Jews Charlotte Knobloch had told MPs the AfD based its policies on “hate and marginalisation”, and said the party had “downplayed the crimes of the **** and has close connections to the extreme right”.

It follows widespread criticism of Mr Rees-Mogg last week, with the Labour MP David Lammy claiming he was "promoting Germany's overtly racist party", adding: "Our country's proudest moment was defeating the far-right.
    "Now we are supposed to sit back while xenophobes, nativists, nationalists and isolationists do their best to tear Europe apart again. We must not let them win."

• Options
    Most Brits would not mind if Northern Ireland left the UK in any future Irish border referendum

A shock new survey has found that most people in Britain would not mind if Northern Ireland was no longer a part of the UK.
    Barely a third of the public in Great Britain hope Northern Ireland would vote to remain in the UK, while one in six people said they would prefer it left and joined the Republic of Ireland following any future referendum on removing the Irish border.
    The rest would not mind either way or have no opinion, according to pollsters Ipsos MORI.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/brits-not-mind-northern-ireland-left-uk-future-irish-border-referendum-135347298.html
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Its a fact.
    You will of course be aware of who Mr Rees-Mogg is, where other people seemingly aren't.

He was of course a leading light in the leave campaign, Chairman of the ERG, no deal fanatic, and latterly a reluctant supporter of the Withdrawal Agreement.

He and his like were called out yesterday by Mark Carney over their managed no deal nonsense.

He has lied continually over the WTO trade implications, and in my view attempted to sell the public down the river in order to satisfy his own ideological ends.

Putting all this aside, the article I posted referred to him losing it in an interview after being asked questions regarding an AFD video that he retweeted.

Even though I didn't think my opinion of him, couldn't sink any further, it has as a result of this incident.

Founded in 2013, the AfD has provoked outrage in Germany with its stance on race and religion, and came under heavy criticism last year for posters which called for "Islam-free schools".
    In January this year, members of the far-right party also staged a walkout from the Bavarian parliament during a service remembering Holocaust victims.
    The former head of Germany‘s Central Council of Jews Charlotte Knobloch had told MPs the AfD based its policies on “hate and marginalisation”, and said the party had “downplayed the crimes of the **** and has close connections to the extreme right”.

It follows widespread criticism of Mr Rees-Mogg last week, with the Labour MP David Lammy claiming he was "promoting Germany's overtly racist party", adding: "Our country's proudest moment was defeating the far-right.
    "Now we are supposed to sit back while xenophobes, nativists, nationalists and isolationists do their best to tear Europe apart again. We must not let them win."

You really do type a load of spurious tosh Haysie !

Speaking on LBC on Monday, Mr Rees-Mogg claimed he was "not supporting the AfD" and that his social media post was "just pointing out that there is something worth watching".

"I don't think retweeting is an endorsement of things that other people stand for, it's just pointing out that there's something interesting that's worth watching," he added.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Its a fact.

Speaking on LBC on Monday, Mr Rees-Mogg claimed he was "not supporting the AfD" and that his social media post was "just pointing out that there is something worth watching".

"I don't think retweeting is an endorsement of things that other people stand for, it's just pointing out that there's something interesting that's worth watching," he added.
    Just like Donald Trump re-tweeting Britain First videos?
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Its a fact.

If he said it on LBC, it must be true.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Its a fact.

Just another smear campaign against a Brexiteer.
    Perhaps you lot would be better off focusing on something like a revoke A50 petition , no wait . How did that pan out ? :D
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Its a fact.

Just another smear campaign against a Brexiteer.
    Perhaps you lot would be better off focusing on something like a revoke A50 petition , no wait . How did that pan out ? :D
    Biggest petition ever, how is yours coming along?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Not going to requote another wall of txt ...but this is what you say about the AFD:

"AFD members are famous for recommending the shooting of refugees"

This is what you said on the petition thread , which unsurprisingly you have distanced yourself from ..your stupid remark relates to what you would like to do to politicians

"I would like to shoot quite a few of them."
  • Options

Not going to requote another wall of txt ...but this is what you say about the AFD:

This is what you said on the petition thread , which unsurprisingly you have distanced yourself from ..your stupid remark relates to what you would like to do to politicians

JRM would be first.

• Options
    UK services sector shrinks for first time since Brexit vote

Mr Williamson added: “Service sector order books have contracted at the steepest rate since the height of the global financial crisis in 2009 so far this year, with companies reporting that Brexit uncertainty has dampened demand and led to cancelled or deferred spending, exacerbating a headwind from slower global economic growth.”
    The dire data follows an equally poor showing from Britain's construction sector, which recorded its first back-to-back contraction since 2016 in March as Brexit anxiety continues to weigh on firms as they delay building projects.
    Figures from the manufacturing sector on Monday also showed that Brexit stockpiling helped fuel a surge in output last month as firms sought to avoid being caught short.
    IHS Markit added the economy could experience a sharp deterioration in the second quarter, with the consensus forecast for 1.3% growth in 2019 looking “far too optimistic”.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/uk-services-sector-shrinks-first-160200478.html
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    HAYSIE said:

JRM would be first.

Another AFD fan? Or a nice old pensioner that didn't mean any harm?

Man told black woman 'when Brexit comes you will be gone' in racist tirade at London betting shop, court hears
    Seventy-four-year-old denies making comment and calling worker a 'f***ing n*****'

A pensioner told a black woman “when Brexit comes you will be gone” in a racist tirade at a London betting shop, a court heard.
    John Keogh, 74, allegedly called Anneka Davis a “f***ing n*****” at a Coral bookmakers in Peckham, southeast London, on 23 August 2018.

He is alleged to have told her: “When Brexit comes you will be gone.”

Mr Keogh denied one count of racially aggravated public disorder and a second public order offence at Camberwell Green Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/racism-betting-shop-brexit-peckham-london-john-keogh-a8850901.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1FKWn_F0g5heeuT46FI3qMWgDWZg5b1mvKdmfBUlPLU9TGtoFMjbdfIqw#Echobox=1554219848

• Options
    Britain £66bn poorer because of Brexit – S&P

Brexit has cost the British economy £550 million a week since the referendum as business investment dries up amid political paralysis in Westminster, a report has found.
    Standard & Poor’s suggested that since the June 2016 vote, 3% has been shaved off GDP.
    That equates to “forgone economic activity” of £6.6 billion in each of the 10 quarters since the referendum, or £66 billion, the credit ratings agency said.
    “The most visible effect has been the depreciation of the British pound, which triggered an increase in inflation. The ultimate result was to erode household spending power.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/britain-66bn-poorer-because-brexit-093922393.html
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

JRM would be first.

Man told black woman 'when Brexit comes you will be gone' in racist tirade at London betting shop, court hears
    Seventy-four-year-old denies making comment and calling worker a 'f***ing n*****'

A pensioner told a black woman “when Brexit comes you will be gone” in a racist tirade at a London betting shop, a court heard.
    John Keogh, 74, allegedly called Anneka Davis a “f***ing n*****” at a Coral bookmakers in Peckham, southeast London, on 23 August 2018.

Mr Keogh denied one count of racially aggravated public disorder and a second public order offence at Camberwell Green Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/racism-betting-shop-brexit-peckham-london-john-keogh-a8850901.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1FKWn_F0g5heeuT46FI3qMWgDWZg5b1mvKdmfBUlPLU9TGtoFMjbdfIqw#Echobox=1554219848

Plenty of stories like this to be found , you don't have to look hard .
    Worth noting , that as much as you would have the guy hung , drawn and quartered , he is pleading not guilty and hasn't been convicted yet .
    If he does eventually get convicted , I hope he gets a strong sentence.
    I also think silly old people who post about wanting to shoot politicians on an internet forum , should also be investigated and asked to account for their ridiculous comments to the police.
    Makes me laugh as well that sky would appear to be happy enough for people like you to publish stuff like that on their forum ...not so sure stars would be so happy to be linked to that content , eh ?
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

JRM would be first.

Worth noting , that as much as you would have the guy hung , drawn and quartered , he is pleading not guilty and hasn't been convicted yet .
    I also think silly old people who post about wanting to shoot politicians on an internet forum , should also be investigated and asked to account for their ridiculous comments to the police.
    That would be valuable use of police time, when they are already under extreme pressure.

Investigate light hearted comments made on forums.

My comment was in response to a post that you made, which may have come from the woman who started the Anti-Brexit petition, in relation to shooting politicians.

The overwhelming majority of people that read my comment, will have taken it in the light hearted way it was meant, and with no serious intent.

I will go further and say that I would suspect that you are the only person that would have taken it seriously.

I will save this post and intend to use it in my defence, if required.

I have popped out to my garden, and it would appear that I am not currently under surveillance.

However I will remain vigilant.

Despite my current frustrations regarding the way politicians have behaved regarding Brexit, I have never seriously considered shooting, or causing harm, to any of them.

I regret my comment because it just gave you an opportunity to cause an argument.

This seems to be your sole purpose on this forum.

You never seem to wish to actually debate anything.

You prefer the pantomime. Oh no he didn't, oh yes he did, oh no he didn't. Rather than a genuine debate on anything.

There are lots of important things happening on Brexit at the moment.

Yet you choose to have an argument on the least important of topics.

You are defending a rabid, no deal supporting, Brexiteer for retweeting videos from a racist, bigoted, anti-Semitic, political party with the most extreme far right views, that approve of murdering refugees.

I make no apology for having absolutely no interest in anything the AFD have to say, and neither would any self respecting MP of any party.

JRM only lost his cool because he was caught out in an act of stupidity.

I hope my comments have made my position clear, in addition to my reluctance to continue this silly argument.

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

JRM would be first.

That would be valuable use of police time, when they are already under extreme pressure.

My comment was in response to a post that you made, which may have come from the woman who started the Anti-Brexit petition, in relation to shooting politicians.

The overwhelming majority of people that read my comment, will have taken it in the light hearted way it was meant, and with no serious intent.

I will go further and say that I would suspect that you are the only person that would have taken it seriously.

I have popped out to my garden, and it would appear that I am not currently under surveillance.

Despite my current frustrations regarding the way politicians have behaved regarding Brexit, I have never seriously considered shooting, or causing harm, to any of them.

I regret my comment because it just gave you an opportunity to cause an argument.

You prefer the pantomime. Oh no he didn't, oh yes he did, oh no he didn't. Rather than a genuine debate on anything.

You are defending a rabid, no deal supporting, Brexiteer for retweeting videos from a racist, bigoted, anti-Semitic, political party with the most extreme far right views, that approve of murdering refugees.

I make no apology for having absolutely no interest in anything the AFD have to say, and neither would any self respecting MP of any party.

I hope my comments have made my position clear, in addition to my reluctance to continue this silly argument.

To start with , no right minded person , will view a comment like " I would like to shoot quite a few " as being funny or clever , especially in the light of previous events involving politicians. It's just downright ignorant.

Despite you wishing to deflect from the this topic , the evidence is clear for all to see the numerous posts I have made on this very thread, in the spirit of debate ...which is painfully difficult when all you want to do is highlight " if's and maybe's" with no real substance or fact attached to it and post nonsense inflammatory journalism. The only people you want to " debate " with are people who share your blinkered views ..and that is NOT a debate , it's one sided rhetoric.

Yes lots of important Brexit issues going on and you choose to promote a non story , simply because it is against a Brexiteer . Once again , him highlighting a section of a video , is so far detached from him supporting the ideology of that group , its painful to read so called journalists suggest anything else .

Finally nothing silly at all in bringing you to task over making stupid and crass remarks .
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,352
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

JRM would be first.

Breaking News! Following your disgraceful slur and attempted assassination and Little Lord Fauntleroy-sorry I mean JRMogg, just found out you will be appearing on next week's episode of Line of Duty!

Also agree- you really must listen to talksport 1600-1900 to hear more contentious, provocative ramblings without any foundations in reality