You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Brexit

Comments

• dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    HAYSIE said:

wow ...only 19 short ...way closer than anyone thought .

It was only 9, and there are 10 DUP votes.
    The DUP will never vote for a Backstop.
    yea typo
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 34,810
    HAYSIE said:

It was where they thought it would be. All the Tories and The DUP on one side. The opposition parties on the other.

wow ...only 9 short ...way closer than anyone thought . And now the DUP has control of May :o After all it's not beyond the realms of possibility , corbyn could file another vote of no confidence.

They have always had control. That why she gave them over £1billion for the confidence and supply agreement.

HAYSIE said:

Michael Gove just made a terrific speech in The House of Commons. It completely changed my view of him, probably shortened his odds to become the next Tory leader, and completely sunk Jeremy Corbyn.

Are you being serious ? He just and I quote praised her for her inspirational leadership :D
    It was a speech immediately prior to a no confidence vote, he could hardly call her an ar5ehole.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

It was where they thought it would be. All the Tories and The DUP on one side. The opposition parties on the other.
    Not so sure Corbyn didn't expect to get some rogue Tories with leadership aspirations to vote against their own party...after all , it was quoted in several places that he wouldn't motion a no confidence vote unless he thought he could win it . Anyway thats irrelevant now ..will be interesting to see how her new willingness to talk to all parties , actually turns out .

wow ...only 9 short ...way closer than anyone thought . And now the DUP has control of May :o After all it's not beyond the realms of possibility , corbyn could file another vote of no confidence.

He is threatening to call for a number of them.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Michael Gove just made a terrific speech in The House of Commons. It completely changed my view of him, probably shortened his odds to become the next Tory leader, and completely sunk Jeremy Corbyn.

Are you being serious ? He just and I quote praised her for her inspirational leadership :D
    It was a speech immediately prior to a no confidence vote, he could hardly call her an ar5ehole.
    True , but your assuming that he didn't actually mean it :D

This >>>>
    Steve Reed

@SteveReedMP
    Suspect Gove’s bravura performance just did more damage to his party’s leader than to mine #leadershipbid

19:04 - 16 Jan 2019
    Twitter Ads information and privacy
    See Steve Reed's other Tweets

That seems a very strange view to me.
    HAYSIE said:

This >>>>
    Steve Reed

@SteveReedMP
    Suspect Gove’s bravura performance just did more damage to his party’s leader than to mine #leadershipbid

Didn't expect you to say otherwise .....what could happen next ?>>>>>https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46393399

He is threatening to call for a number of them.

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Not so sure Corbyn didn't expect to get some rogue Tories with leadership aspirations to vote against their own party...after all , it was quoted in several places that he wouldn't motion a no confidence vote unless he thought he could win it . Anyway thats irrelevant now ..will be interesting to see how her new willingness to talk to all parties , actually turns out .
    They rarely vote against their own party in a no confidence vote, none of them want an election.

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

He is surely not that silly?

HAYSIE said:

This >>>>
    Steve Reed

@SteveReedMP

Didn't expect you to say otherwise .....what could happen next ?>>>>>https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46393399
    I have never been a Michael Gove fan, and he was on the opposite side to me in the referendum.
    I was surprised by his passion.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

He is surely not that silly?
    we will just leave that question hanging there :)
    Tonights vote was 52% against 48%.
    It was 19 they put the wrong figures up on Sky.
    HAYSIE said:

Tonights vote was 52% against 48%.

HAYSIE said:

Wasn't sure if I mistyped it or read it wrong .....confusion reigns strong.
    This isn't so clever , if true >>>>

Kevin Schofield

@PolhomeEditor
    Downing Street confirm Theresa May will not take no-deal off the table ahead of talks with Jeremy Corbyn. Labour spokesman insists no “substantive” talks will take place until she does. Complete deadlock.

19:53 - 16 Jan 2019

This isn't so clever , if true >>>>

Kevin Schofield

@PolhomeEditor
    Downing Street confirm Theresa May will not take no-deal off the table ahead of talks with Jeremy Corbyn. Labour spokesman insists no “substantive” talks will take place until she does. Complete deadlock.

19:53 - 16 Jan 2019

One as bad as the other
    HAYSIE said:

If The DUP voted with the other side The Government would have lost by one.
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,133
    edited January 2019
    Sad times for the country imo.