You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Brexit

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 34,811
    What Happens Now May's Deal Was Rejected?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov9a-PDTpoM
    These are the seven tribes of Brexit - and what they want

1. Renegotiated deal
    2. Second referendum
    3. Delaying Brexit
    4. General Election
    5. No deal
    6. Canada+++
    7. Norway

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/seven-tribes-brexit-want-114924443.html
    Brexit latest: Labour blasts 'ludicrous' Theresa May over Corbyn snub

Theresa May is refusing to speak to Jeremy Corbyn to try and break the Brexit deadlock.
    The PM suffered a crushing blow last night as MPs voted overwhelmingly against her deal and, tonight, she faces a vote of no confidence tabled by Labour.
    In the aftermath of the vote last night, Mrs May said she would talk to ‘senior parliamentarians’ to find a way through the logjam.
    However, it appears that Mr Corbyn and his top team are not on that list, with shadow Chancellor John McDonnnell saying there had been no approach from Downing Street to Jeremy Corbyn and that Mrs May had ‘never picked up the phone in the past two years”.
    And with Mrs May making clear that she remains committed to maintaining her own red lines and securing an “independent trade policy” after Britain leaves the EU, he warned she was in danger of “negating” any talks before they started.
    “She is now laying conditions down about those discussions which look as though they will prevent any discussion of a permanent customs union,” Mr McDonnell said on Monday.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/theresa-may-faces-battle-cling-power-mps-overwhelmingly-reject-brexit-deal-080341148.html
    Hammond says government could delay Brexit to avoid no deal

The UK government could delay Brexit to avoid a catastrophic no-deal scenario, according to reports.
    Chancellor Philip Hammond is understood to have reassured businesses after Theresa May’s Brexit deal was voted down by parliament in a crushing defeat last night.
    He told business leaders on a private conference call last night that parliament could vote next week on a plan to push back the UK’s March 29 exit date.
    The Financial Times reports that Hammond made clear the government would not put “obstacles” in the way of a controversial amendment that could delay Brexit and even see a cross-party group of MPs take charge of finding a deal.
    “There is a large majority in the Commons that is opposed to no deal,” the chancellor is said to have told firms.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/hammond-says-government-delay-brexit-avoid-no-deal-101354296.html
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

What do you think the situation will be this time tomorrow?

What will tomorrow morning's headlines say?

Parliament rejects the deal by a large majority , labour calls for a vote of no confidence in the hope of pushing for a general election ..Theresa May resigns after immediately requesting an extension of article 50....Haysie will no doubt follow to say why none of that will happen ;)
    She is still adamant that she wont extend article 50.

This is despite the fact that she will require a miracle, of a loaves and fishes proportion to get The Backstop through Parliament, before the end of March.
    She hasn't ruled out extending it , just revoking it

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Parliament rejects the deal by a large majority , labour calls for a vote of no confidence in the hope of pushing for a general election ..Theresa May resigns after immediately requesting an extension of article 50....Haysie will no doubt follow to say why none of that will happen ;)

This is despite the fact that she will require a miracle, of a loaves and fishes proportion to get The Backstop through Parliament, before the end of March.

Extending article 50 would invalidate Brexit deal, says May

The government would have to reopen negotiations with the EU on the Brexit deal if it sought an extension to the departure process to allow for a second referendum on the plan, Theresa May has told a committee of senior MPs.
    Asked whether an extension could be made to article 50, the timetable which decrees the UK leave on 29 March next year, to allow time for a referendum, May argued this would invalidate the deal agreed in Brussels on Sunday.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/29/extending-article-50-would-invalidate-brexit-deal-says-may
    Her conduct has been astounding.
    Brexit has made clear how much our politicians let us down.
    Not many Tories are keen to take over while the Brexit mess continues.
    edited January 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

The government would have to reopen negotiations with the EU on the Brexit deal if it sought an extension to the departure process to allow for a second referendum on the plan, Theresa May has told a committee of senior MPs.
    Asked whether an extension could be made to article 50, the timetable which decrees the UK leave on 29 March next year, to allow time for a referendum, May argued this would invalidate the deal agreed in Brussels on Sunday.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/29/extending-article-50-would-invalidate-brexit-deal-says-may
    I understand that , but thats not her ruling it out ...just stating the obvious that she would need to renegotiate . She is not going to come up with anything by Monday , that will pass ...so I don't see however stubborn she is , that she has any choice but to request an extension and actually start talking to people from all sides regards a new proposal. She can't just talk to people who she agrees with .

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

I understand that , but thats not her ruling it out ...just stating the obvious that she would need to renegotiate . She is not going to come up with anything by Monday , that will pass ...so I don't see however stubborn she is , that she has any choice but to request an extension and actually start talking to people from all sides regards a new proposal. She can't just talk to people who she agrees with .
    She has been using the deadline, and the prospect of crashing out, to blackmail MPs into supporting her deal.
    So having a deadline has suited her up to now. To the extent that yesterdays vote had been delayed for 5 weeks. And for what?
    She has also claimed that reopening negotiations will give some of the members an opportunity to further discuss some of the details that have been agreed, for example The Spanish, and Gibraltar.

To have any prospect of getting any deal through Parliament, she is going to have to dramatically change her position. Every times she rubs out one of her red lines, it just makes her look so weak. Much worse than if she didn't have them in the first place.

The ERG consists of about 80 Tory MPs, and they are in favour of no deal. So getting a deal through will need support from Labour. No other party is big enough to counteract the ERG numbers. This doesn't seem likely as the Labour Party have said they will continue with their no confidence policy, and not give up, assuming this vote fails. They will continue with calling for no confidence votes.

I don't think that she can get The Backstop through, and there wont be any deal without it unless she completely changes her position on The Customs Union.
    Well after that complete character assasination and completely accurate summary of Theresa may and her complete incompetence .....all I can say is step aside Corbyn and let Tom Watson take over :)
    edited January 2019
    Michael Gove just made a terrific speech in The House of Commons. It completely changed my view of him, probably shortened his odds to become the next Tory leader, and completely sunk Jeremy Corbyn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o7a8LXxQWg

Well after that complete character assasination and completely accurate summary of Theresa may and her complete incompetence .....all I can say is step aside Corbyn and let Tom Watson take over :)

I wouldn't disagree. I could never vote for Corbyn.
    HAYSIE said:

Michael Gove just made a terrific speech in The House of Commons. It completely changed my view of him, probably shortened his odds to become the next Tory leader, and completely sunk Jeremy Corbyn.

Are you being serious ? He just and I quote praised her for her inspirational leadership :D
    not this one.

Michael Gove calls Labour’s Brexit plan ‘****’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwwgudV6eH8
    This >>>>
    Steve Reed

@SteveReedMP
    Suspect Gove’s bravura performance just did more damage to his party’s leader than to mine #leadershipbid

19:04 - 16 Jan 2019
    Twitter Ads information and privacy
    See Steve Reed's other Tweets

HAYSIE said:

Are you being serious ? He just and I quote praised her for her inspirational leadership :D
    That's just loyalty. He will be stabbing her in the front in a fortnight. Hes a poltician
    He smashed up Corbyn.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

That's just loyalty. He will be stabbing her in the front in a fortnight. Hes a poltician
    He smashed up Corbyn.
    And watson smashed up May ...doesn't mean a thing really ...the voters have already made up their minds on the no confidence issue
    edited January 2019
    wow ...only 9 short ...way closer than anyone thought . And now the DUP has control of May :o After all it's not beyond the realms of possibility , corbyn could file another vote of no confidence.

wow ...only 19 short ...way closer than anyone thought .

It was only 9, and there are 10 DUP votes.
    The DUP will never vote for a Backstop.