You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shamima Begum: Ex-Bethnal Green schoolgirl who joined IS 'wants to come home'

Comments

• Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Perhaps my memory is playing tricks, but at the start of the Syrian Civil War, weren't we on the same side as ISIS?

Is there any relevance to her still being in Syria that we should attach to her words of the last few days?
    She might be in a refugee camp but I'm sure it's wise for her own safety that she is careful what she does and doesn't say whilst in such a situation.

Some of her comments could've been worded much better, particularly the Manchester comments, but when you take the emotion away you can understand what she is getting at.

It doesn't sit right with me that she's been stripped of her citizenship, and whilst it's a complex issue ultimately she is a British citizen.

Just caught up on the debate here and fair play to almost everyone involved, in what could have been a quickly closed thread. The usual suspect let himself down as standard but everyone else, particularly Dobie to my mild bemusement, has contributed well.

Please explain what she is getting at , because i can not understand that killing innocent people is in anyway justified.
    I know you understand her feelings but explain to us what she is getting at ?

Bolded bit....indeed, and that works both ways. I dread to think how many innocent people we, as a country, have killed over there in the last decade.

I'll try keep it as simple as possible for you Rainman. Imagine someone punches you in the street, and you retaliate by punching them back. You justify the decision to attack them back because they attacked you first.

Swap punches for bombs, and the street for Syria and there you have it.

Whilst I don't disagree with what you are saying ...the timing of waiting until Rainman is banned again , and consequently doesn't have right of reply is pretty poor .
    Didn't know he'd been banned. Again.
    Well he's got a big red stupid ,carry on i've been banned logo next to his name , and he made a post in reply to the troll on my teenage gangs thread ( that comment , whatever it was, is no longer viewable ) . Not going to derail this thread , but some of the decisions on here , regarding who gets banned , and those that just get away with trolling time after time with no consequence are just plain ridiculous !
  • Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Perhaps my memory is playing tricks, but at the start of the Syrian Civil War, weren't we on the same side as ISIS?

Is there any relevance to her still being in Syria that we should attach to her words of the last few days?
    She might be in a refugee camp but I'm sure it's wise for her own safety that she is careful what she does and doesn't say whilst in such a situation.

Some of her comments could've been worded much better, particularly the Manchester comments, but when you take the emotion away you can understand what she is getting at.

It doesn't sit right with me that she's been stripped of her citizenship, and whilst it's a complex issue ultimately she is a British citizen.

Just caught up on the debate here and fair play to almost everyone involved, in what could have been a quickly closed thread. The usual suspect let himself down as standard but everyone else, particularly Dobie to my mild bemusement, has contributed well.

Please explain what she is getting at , because i can not understand that killing innocent people is in anyway justified.

Bolded bit....indeed, and that works both ways. I dread to think how many innocent people we, as a country, have killed over there in the last decade.

I'll try keep it as simple as possible for you Rainman. Imagine someone punches you in the street, and you retaliate by punching them back. You justify the decision to attack them back because they attacked you first.

Whilst I don't disagree with what you are saying ...the timing of waiting until Rainman is banned again , and consequently doesn't have right of reply is pretty poor .
    Hadn't noticed myself.Shame he cant control himself. I wonder who will speak for the GREAT british PUBLIC maybe the BBC will have a doc on it. Better check the BBC is still there I heard it was closing down ; )
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Well he's got a big red stupid ,carry on i've been banned logo next to his name , and he made a post in reply to the troll on my teenage gangs thread ( that comment , whatever it was, is no longer viewable ) . Not going to derail this thread , but some of the decisions on here , regarding who gets banned , and those that just get away with trolling time after time with no consequence are just plain ridiculous !
    Agreed, you should've been banned too.

You lucky 64 year old woman.
  • Options

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Hadn't noticed myself.Shame he cant control himself. I wonder who will speak for the GREAT british PUBLIC maybe the BBC will have a doc on it. Better check the BBC is still there I heard it was closing down ; )
    Another quality contribution , on the booze again tonight ?

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

I'm actually 65 ...but thanks for the compliment . And congratulations for getting back the full compliment of your trolling team . You and they will be the death of anything interesting on this forum , and ultimately it's demise . And those responsible for letting you get away with this unnecessary trolling will also be responsible for its demise .
  • Options
    And now back to the subject of Shamima Begum.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

I'm actually 65 ...but thanks for the compliment . And congratulations for getting back the full compliment of your trolling team . You and they will be the death of anything interesting on this forum , and ultimately it's demise . And those responsible for letting you get away with this unnecessary trolling will also be responsible for its demise .
    I promise in future I shall try and time my holidays when Rainman isn't on the naughty step.
  • Options

• Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912

LOL at booze comment . Not had any alcohol in weeks.

Can you disagree with anything I have said ? Your mate got banned for his usual antics.

PMSL at you playing the victim all anyone has to do is look at your previous posts.

• Options
    edited March 2019

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,533

Like the young lady ( rainmam215 ) is made to suffer for others actions.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    goldon said:

Like the young lady ( rainmam215 ) is made to suffer for others actions.
    Pretty pointless isn't it ?
  • Options
    MasoniReefMasoniReef Member Posts: 168
    well after ready this im somewhat wondering why banned looks pretty tame to me i gather this forum is very much a clicky one if your not in the crowd your out?
    my view is one she commited crimes for isis against any uk subjct or potentially can cause harm to a uk national let her rot in syria her baby is born in syria so technically syrian that sorts nationality out
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,077
    You probably didn't see all the lovely videos that were posted.

Clique-y? Not really.

We all have different opinions-that's fine. Here's why I disagree with yours:-

1. We do not know if she has committed any crimes (other than belonging to a banned organisation). That is 1 of the many reasons we should be questioning her. At the moment all we know is a 15-yr-old was brainwashed into joining a vile organisation. I want our security services to know why/how that happened, to stop it happening again

2. I don't believe that a British person ceases to be British just because they do something horrible. I don't think we should be lumbering other countries with our problems. I have a pretty similar position about (for example) National Action- I don't think their members are not British just because they want to do harm to British citizens.

3. Her baby is most definitely British under international law-using your logic an illegal immigrant having a child here the child would automatically be British

That's my opinion. Doesn't make me right, or you wrong. Other than number 3.

Have a good day. As opposed to me, who has just got 2-outered in the Major :)
  • Options
    dont take it wrong way pal say that to families murdered in syria for her beliefs by her and her precious isis i somehow doubt they will understand your namby pamby views pay the crime do the time time do gooders were ignored your making the world an unsafe place
    we all have our own minds you call it brainwashed i call it she made a decision you got to take the consequences associated with it
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    People having the same opinion on this young woman, and for whatever reason ,personal insults being typed may have a bearing on forums closing.

dont take it wrong way pal say that to families murdered in syria for her beliefs by her and her precious isis i somehow doubt they will understand your namby pamby views pay the crime do the time time do gooders were ignored your making the world an unsafe place
    we all have our own minds you call it brainwashed i call it she made a decision you got to take the consequences associated with it

Good Morning
    Am I reading your statement correct ? You type that she murdered someone, have you proof of that, or do you mean the group she joined murdered people?
    Of the thousands that joined this vile group, what proportion should Syria “ Deal with”, should they all face the death penalty there,or simply locked up?
    The illegals in Britain, should we lock them up in our Country, or send them back to where they came from?
  • Options

Lots of people share your view. That is what debate is for.

Always fascinated as to why "do gooder" is an insult. Can only repeat what my father always used to say-that he fought in a war to make sure that people were allowed to have your views, however much he personally disagreed with them.

There are probably too many lefty liberals on this forum, and not enough people on the Right. I certainly won't take it the wrong way. Not sure I'd recommend calling me a "namby pamby" to my face, mind ;)
  • Options
    well anyone who thinks someone who joins a terrorist cell and justifies why they bombed manchester want their head testing you did hear the bit where she showed no remorse and justified bombing manchester right...so you want people like this to come back to the uk potentially radicalise other people or even murder other people in our country all in the name of isis you want your head testing !!!!
    if one person gets murdered would you be prepared to say sorry to the families because you belive they deserve a 2nd chance
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727

well anyone who thinks someone who joins a terrorist cell and justifies why they bombed manchester want their head testing you did hear the bit where she showed no remorse and justified bombing manchester right...so you want people like this to come back to the uk potentially radicalise other people or even murder other people in our country all in the name of isis you want your head testing !!!!
    if one person gets murdered would you be prepared to say sorry to the families because you belive they deserve a 2nd chance

What punishment is appropriate to this woman?

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,533
    Think the debate is should she receive any punishment is she the sacrificial lamb.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Let's take that bit by bit.

Does anyone who joins a terrorist cell want their head testing? Definitely. Not let loose without testing.

Shown no remorse? True. She seems uneducated-but then she never completed her education. While most people were at school, she got radicalised, went to a war zone and saw 2 of her own children die. Because she seems both guileless and lacking in remorse, I take on face value her statement that she does not wish to be an ISIS poster girl. Good. Let's make sure she doesn't get the chance.

Did she "justify" the Manchester bombings? No. She said she felt that it was similar to the many deaths she had seen in the war zone that is Syria. Is that right? I don't know. I do know that thousands of entirely innocent people (as well as fighters/terrorists) have died in Syria. On all sides. A lot of them just because their town was overrun by one side and bombed/gassed by the other.

Where do you think the majority of people who carry out atrocities in this country get their radicalisation and training from? Not here. They go to one of half a dozen countries that have training camps dedicated to such things. I don't want to have to say sorry to future victims because I allowed British-born terrorists a free pass out of this country because that is far more likely to cause deaths in the UK than actually dealing with problems.

I do not want politicians taking on a primary role as to whether we should be setting terrorists free to do whatever they want, as opposed to questioning and, where appropriate, imprisoning/deradicalising them. That is what our Security Services should be doing, backed up by Courts after a fair trial.

If you let terrorists leave this country without that you are giving terrorists a 2nd chance.