You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,727

Thread title needs changing imo.

The Potentially Medium Bankroll Challenge?
  • Options
    SnufferSnuffer Member Posts: 3,057
    waller02 said:

Night 2.

I never expected to more than double my BR on the first night last night so it's safe to say that I REALLY never expected to double it again on the second night.

Good job really because I didn't, far from it.

This evening's schedule consisted of the following:

17:30 - £5.50 BH (X no heads)
    18:00 - £2.20 BH (X no heads)
    18:15 - £2.20 rebuy (1 rebuy, 1 addon) (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X no heads)
    19:15 - £2.20 Deepy (13th £4.39)
    19:45 - £1.10 Deepy (X)
    20:00 - £2.20 BH (4th £19.54 + £7.63 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X £5.64 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Megastack (15th £9.17)

The session got off to an absolute stinker and I was thinking it might be "one of those nights", especially after lasting all of 4 minutes in the 18:30 BH.

The problem was that I was being stalked by @MynaFrett who seemed to be on every table I was playing. He would not shut up at all, constantly chatting away and not letting me concentrate (ok it was probably the other way round).

Anyway we finally parted ways after I was kind enough to gift him my stack in the £2.20 rebuy. The rest of the session went reasonably ok. I finished just outside the money in the mini after flopping the nut straight and losing to runner runner flush, but I made a slight profit with the head prizes so it could have been worse.

Should really have at least made the final table in the 19:15 deepy as I was sitting 3/15 but went out in 13th for a min cash. I did however make one ft in the £2.20 BH busting in 4th in what was a really enjoyable final with 6th evenly matched stacks.

Sneaked into the money in the Megastack again to end the evening with a small profit. @tomgoodun was in really good shape when I bust so it could be yet another final table for him (lost count), hope he takes it down.

Not sure if I will get chance to play tomorrow as I'm under orders to take the missus and kids to the cinema to see Aladdin (anyone seen it? any good?).

Starting BR: £100
    Current: £236.23

My youngest son (13) went with his girlfriend yesterday and said it was really good, dont think it would be my cup of tea though.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    Snuffer said:

waller02 said:

Night 2.

I never expected to more than double my BR on the first night last night so it's safe to say that I REALLY never expected to double it again on the second night.

The session got off to an absolute stinker and I was thinking it might be "one of those nights", especially after lasting all of 4 minutes in the 18:30 BH.

The problem was that I was being stalked by @MynaFrett who seemed to be on every table I was playing. He would not shut up at all, constantly chatting away and not letting me concentrate (ok it was probably the other way round).

Anyway we finally parted ways after I was kind enough to gift him my stack in the £2.20 rebuy. The rest of the session went reasonably ok. I finished just outside the money in the mini after flopping the nut straight and losing to runner runner flush, but I made a slight profit with the head prizes so it could have been worse.

Should really have at least made the final table in the 19:15 deepy as I was sitting 3/15 but went out in 13th for a min cash. I did however make one ft in the £2.20 BH busting in 4th in what was a really enjoyable final with 6th evenly matched stacks.

Sneaked into the money in the Megastack again to end the evening with a small profit. @tomgoodun was in really good shape when I bust so it could be yet another final table for him (lost count), hope he takes it down.

Not sure if I will get chance to play tomorrow as I'm under orders to take the missus and kids to the cinema to see Aladdin (anyone seen it? any good?).

My youngest son (13) went with his girlfriend yesterday and said it was really good, dont think it would be my cup of tea though.
    No, not mine either. At least the kids should like it though. I'll just have to make sure I laugh in the right places or I'll get accused of being a miserable sod.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Thread title needs changing imo.

The Potentially Medium Bankroll Challenge?

Still time for it to go to pot. Depends how damaging the losing sessions are.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Hi Ryan
    I’ve been meaning to post here but life’s got in the way at times, great read.
    Was good to share a couple table with you last night, I did eventually make the ft with a decent stack, and was pretty confident of making at least the top 3.
    Went out in 6th after raising with A7 cc in the cut off, bb decided to defend , flop 56x with 2 clubs, he check raises me all in, had me covered and his 56 was good after my A hit but no club 😊., gotta win them flips, or was it a flip? Who knows...
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Hi Ryan
    I’ve been meaning to post here but life’s got in the way at times, great read.
    Was good to share a couple table with you last night, I did eventually make the ft with a decent stack, and was pretty confident of making at least the top 3.
    Went out in 6th after raising with A7 cc in the cut off, bb decided to defend , flop 56x with 2 clubs, he check raises me all in, had me covered and his 56 was good after my A hit but no club 😊., gotta win them flips, or was it a flip? Who knows...

Ah ul, still, a final table is a final table, wp mate. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Well I've had a surprise development. Was supposed to be going to the cinema but my youngest daughter has decided that she doesn't want to go.

Being the gent that I am I said to the missus "You and Tara can still go and I'll stay at home for an afternoon of sport and poker and look after our daughter."

Result.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    waller02 said:

Night 2.

Haha. Was fun. To be fair you had the best hand pre and I won the flip, so, far from a gift. I did put the chips to good use though and managed to convert them into a 2nd place finish in that one - I'm on a bit of a heater (best run since 16/17) it's exciting at the minute to be honest and I'm hoping the inevitable cooldown holds off a little longer...

Back to back winning nights for you then, good stuff. And turns out you can get in a cheeky session today as well, happy days. Unfortunately I won't be able to stalk you at the tables today and receive those gifts ;)

gl
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

waller02 said:

Night 2.

Haha. Was fun. To be fair you had the best hand pre and I won the flip, so, far from a gift. I did put the chips to good use though and managed to convert them into a 2nd place finish in that one - I'm on a bit of a heater (best run since 16/17) it's exciting at the minute to be honest and I'm hoping the inevitable cooldown holds off a little longer...

Back to back winning nights for you then, good stuff. And turns out you can get in a cheeky session today as well, happy days. Unfortunately I won't be able to stalk you at the tables today and receive those gifts ;)

gl
    Nice one mate, glad you put them to good use and pleased to hear you're on a good run of results, well deserved. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Day 3.

The afternoon session has finished with another significant boost to the BR. I played the following:

13:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    14:15 - £2.20 Deepy (stone cold bubble)
    14:30 - £5.50 BH (1st £66.26 + £27.71 head prizes)
    15:30 - £5.50 BH (2 off the money £4.22 head prizes)
    16:15 - £2.20 Deepy (5th £12.24)
    16:30 - £5.50 BH (10th £10.47 + £7.98 head prizes)

I was lucky enough to run deep in all bar the first mtt where @HAYSIE tore me to pieces in multiple hands before sending me packing.

A stone cold bubble in the 2.20@2.15 left me thinking the inevitable downswing had arrived, I was the shortstack though so no complaints. I made up for it by reaching the final table in the next deepstack.

I finished 2 off the money in the 15:30 where I was sitting 8/15 before getting my 13bb in with AK and running into KK. There were 2 short stacks on approx 4bb each but I'm assuming you have to play for the win and should never be folding in the hope of sneaking into the money?

Got very lucky to win the 14:30 BH as the oppo had a 5/1 chip lead going into the HU but luck was on my side, unlike in the 16:30 were AJ<KJ bust me in 10th for what would have been a top 3 stack. Swings and roundabouts.

No more poker tonight as I'm starting work earlier than usual tomorrow.

Now I've got over the 250 mark I shall be adding a couple of £11s into the schedule, mainly the 9:30 BH, as stated in the OP, but I will remove the £11s as soon as I dip back below. I will also start playing main event sats (1 a night).

The ugly side of variance will raise it's head sooner rather than later, I know this, just glad to have gotten off to a good start.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Start BR: £100
    Current: £338.71
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,530
    Can a mod move this to the Brags, Beats and Variance section please. ;)
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

Can a mod move this to the Brags, Beats and Variance section please. ;)

The tide will turn soon enough, probably tomorrow now you've piped up :)
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    Smashin' it waller! :) Good stuff.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Stonking good start Waller - keep it up! :)
  • Options
    Cheers both. It won't last.

Are you back on the tables tonight @Duesenberg ?
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    waller02 said:

Cheers both. It won't last.

Are you back on the tables tonight @Duesenberg ?

Bit knackered after a long weekend of activities but itching to play (the power of a challenge haha!) so will probably have a light session before going full-on tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed I can 'run like waller' :D

See you out there if you're back on it :)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I would appreciate some input in this hand please.

It's early in an £11 BH. I have no notes on oppos. I will just post up to the flop and then the outcome once I've had some feeback. This seemed like a tricky spot.

Pre - Are we 3 betting? 3b sizing?
    Flop - How are we proceeding?

Thanks.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    NegescueSmall blind15.0015.001985.00
    waller02Big blind30.0045.001970.00
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • A
    No_1donkRaise60.00105.001740.00
    nottoofarCall60.00165.003487.50
    DEBBIE222Fold
    fordie62Fold
    NegescueCall45.00210.001940.00
    waller02Raise360.00570.001610.00
    No_1donkCall330.00900.001410.00
    nottoofarCall330.001230.003157.50
    NegescueFold
    Flop
    • K
    • Q
    waller02 ?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    im shoving post flop
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    my thinking (which is probably wrong)
    tptk
    gut shot nut straight
    back door nut flush
    1230 in the pot 1610 behind
    im shoving
  • Options
    stokefc said:

my thinking (which is probably wrong)
    tptk
    gut shot nut straight
    back door nut flush
    1230 in the pot 1610 behind
    im shoving

The suits are really hard to read with these HH's (esp at your age). I'm AsKc so no backdoor flush draw :)