You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    edited June 2019
    Am I overthinking this hand? I was just thinking ugh, I'm oop and at least one of them are likely to be all over that flop. But then like you say I have outs if I am behind.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,201
    Think we have to bear in mind its a b/h which I think means you well may be ahead here. Ive noticed a proclivity for players to call with A 10 or A Q 99>. Im shoving with fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Day 4

Short update as only just finished and knackered.

Couldn't get going in most but just finished 3rd in the Mini, busted by @hhyftrftdr who went onto win, he ran like God ;) Well played mate.

16:15 - £2.20 Deepy (X)
    16:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    17:10 - £1.60 Main Sat (X)
    17:30 - £5.50 BH (X £1.88 head prize)
    18:15 - £2.20 rebuy (1 rebuy, 1 addon X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X £1.88 head prize)
    20:00 - £2.20 BH (X)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (3rd £80.32 + £36.11)

Start BR: £100
    Current: £414.17

Thanks for the comments regarding the hand. Anymore views? I was thinking check/shove might have been a better option? Really don't know.
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,213
    Hi there. Popped in earlier to say gl with this but before I posted realised you were on the mini ft so decided to rail.

Thought you had it in the bag early doors, best player out the lot by a long way.

UL not to bink it but 3x br in a few days I'm guessing you'll settle for.

Good luck with taking this forward, riding the wave and spinning away.
  • Options

Hi there. Popped in earlier to say gl with this but before I posted realised you were on the mini ft so decided to rail.

Thought you had it in the bag early doors, best player out the lot by a long way.

Thanks mate.

I did run well tbf. Then 3 handed I won a big pot with KT on a xJKTT board against J10 to give me half the chips in play. I must admit I thought I had it in the bag myself then but I lost a couple of flips against hhy and it was gg. He deserved it if I'm being honest.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    Ha ha yeah thought you had two spades through my squinting am still shoving tho..Gl mate, good to see you having some run good
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Think most options are fine, check shove seems good.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    I agree with Bates, was just waiting for him to post his thoughts first.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I agree with Bates, was just waiting for him to post his thoughts first.

I was also waiting for Bates before I admitted that I did check shove.

It went check, check, pot on the flop though. Is there ever an argument to fold to the pot bet or is it just a not loving life but gotta go with it situation.

Edit: Forgot to say they had KQ

P.S Wp last night spose (solid read by @LmfaoAllin imo)
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,154

immeasurably, said small P.P. 'travel agent' cant even find decent cruise......
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    He's on fire! Great run in the mini.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited June 2019
    For the AK - I think 3 betting pre here is best and size (360) seems ok but somewhere around 270/300 is ample I think.
    Stack to pot ratio is small but we still have 50bb post-flop and I actually think we have a bit of room to manoeuvre here.
    We are representing a super strong range with our pre-flop action and if we decide to cbet this flop into two opponents we are saying we do in fact have the AA/KK/QQ/AK that we were representing pre-flop (so the AK is actually now the bottom of our cbetting value range). So even if we decide to cbet for a small size here it is going to be very difficult for our opponents to continue with worse than our AK - apart from with a handful of combo draws, potentially. The thing is we don't really have any of the 2 pair and straight combinations and our opponents will have a decent amount (clearly the J9s, KT and QT should be folding pre-flop given the action but they will still be there along with the AJ and KQ - the offsuit combo's of which should also have been folded but chances are they won't have been. Our opponents in these games generally call 3 bets far too wide and over-call even wider). It is also reasonable for either of them to have QQ/TT as played too of course.

I might be inclined to bet 400 here (will still look super strong as played) into the 1230 and fold to shoves expecting our opponents not to be getting in worse or being able to find bluffs in this spot... does suck if they still have all the off-suit KJ/QJ (which they shouldn't have) and decide to shove this over our cbet though...
    We leave ourselves with 1210/40bb with this line.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

I'm lost. Private joke?
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

For the AK - I think 3 betting pre here is best and size (360) seems ok but somewhere around 270/300 is ample I think.
    Stack to pot ratio is small but we still have 50bb post-flop and I actually think we have a bit of room to manoeuvre here.
    We are representing a super strong range with our pre-flop action and if we decide to cbet this flop into two opponents we are saying we do in fact have the AA/KK/QQ/AK that we were representing pre-flop (so the AK is actually now the bottom of our cbetting value range). So even if we decide to cbet for a small size here it is going to be very difficult for our opponents to continue with worse than our AK - apart from with a handful of combo draws, potentially. The thing is we don't really have any of the 2 pair and straight combinations and our opponents will have a decent amount (clearly the J9s, KT and QT should be folding pre-flop given the action but they will still be there along with the AJ and KQ - the offsuit combo's of which should also have been folded but chances are they won't have been. Our opponents in these games generally call 3 bets far too wide and over-call even wider). It is also reasonable for either of them to have QQ/TT as played too of course.

I might be inclined to bet 400 here (will still look super strong as played) into the 1230 and fold to shoves expecting our opponents not to be getting in worse or being able to find bluffs in this spot... does suck if they still have all the off-suit KJ/QJ (which they shouldn't have) and decide to shove this over our cbet though...
    We leave ourselves with 1210/40bb with this line.

Yeah when you put it like that it makes a lot of sense. Thanks mate
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    waller02 said:

HENDRIK62 said:

I'm lost. Private joke?
    Think he's just been on the Tennents all afternoon.
    Standard stuff.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Nice to see you're continuing to smash it Waller :)

Out of curiosity, does your bankroll challenge have a specific target in mind (besides not going busto of course!)? I'm just wondering what would be considered 'mission accomplished' - even if you get there it would be good to see the diary continue fwiw.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Nice to see you're continuing to smash it Waller :)

Out of curiosity, does your bankroll challenge have a specific target in mind (besides not going busto of course!)? I'm just wondering what would be considered 'mission accomplished' - even if you get there it would be good to see the diary continue fwiw.

Cheers, I can't keep this run up for long though so just enjoying it while it lasts.

I never really set any targets as I didn't expect to get this far, this soon, so yeah the initial aim was to try and not bust. If I'm fortunate enough to hit the 500 mark then I shall review the situation and think about setting some targets then, but I'm due some bad sessions so until then not going bust remains the only target.

Well played last night and best of luck with your challenge.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Day 5.

Didn't play yesterday and I guess you could say I didn't really play today, not particularly well anyway.

Todays schedule:

16:15 - £2.20 Deepy (X)
    16:30 - £5.50 BH (X £6.10 head prizes)
    16:40 - £1.60 Main Sat (bubble £2.88)
    17:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    18:15 - £2.20 rebuy (1 rebuy)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    19:15 - £2.20 Deepy (5th £14.26)
    20:00 - £2.20 BH (X £0.75 head prizes)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X)

The writing was on the wall when I blew up in the 16:30 BH. I was going along nicely, sitting 3/30 with 3 heads before stupidly getting involved with the chip leader, I did almost treble up up a couple of hands later to put me back in the game but got rivered. I deserved it though after the costly error.

The rest of the session never really got going, I got towards the latter stages in a couple but lost flips at crucial stages.

Almost saved the session in the 19:15 where a win would have put me in profit for the evening, but couldn't see it out and finished in 5th.

No drama though, there will be plenty of losing days and thankfully tonight's wasn't too damaging.

Start BR: £100
    Current: £385.59
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Just a flesh wound :)