You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

The downside of having a desktop in the bedroom within view of your en suite toilet.........being mid wee, seeing you have AKo in bb with 25bb facing an open, sprinting back in gripping hard, 3b jamming, getting looked up by JJ and losing. Sprinting back to toilet to finish off in a foul mood.

Bring back my laptop, all is forgiven.

Not sure I can erase from my mind the vision of you with a laptop in one hand, whilst aiming your hose with the other....

Stick to the Desktop please.
    At risk of putting an even worse picture in your mind, the beauty of laptops were sit down wees. I bet my last pound I'm not the only one too.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,076

Never expected to see the topic of bladder voiding in Poker Chat.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Never expected to see the topic of bladder voiding in Poker Chat.

:) Apologies, normal service resumed from now on. It literally just happened to me half an hour or so ago and I was fuming at the time, then I once I'd gotten over it, it tickled me. Imagine if my missus walked in and said "What on earth are you doing!".

"Sorry love AK is AK"
  • Options

Ha, no need to apologise, I'm just banting.

The subject of bladder voiding & bowel evacuation whilst Online Pokering is actually quite fascinating, & we've all had to find our own various ways & means on occasion.

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,648
    i just pi$$ mesel am gettin old and like you say ak is ak
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 910
    Going back to the last page, yes AK is a great hand, which a player should always play against me when i've ground it out for 3 hours+ in the mega stack and am in sight of a rare decent payout............... :(:'(
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DON07Small blind2000.002000.00139759.00
    LitlGenralBig blind4000.006000.00183863.34
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • A
    ToffeeandyRaise8000.0014000.0067732.50
    DannyMcsCall8000.0022000.00218859.50
    Dale89Fold
    DON07Fold
    LitlGenralRaise28000.0050000.00155863.34
    ToffeeandyAll-in67732.50117732.500.00
    DannyMcsFold
    LitlGenralCall43732.50161465.00112130.84
    LitlGenralShow
    • A
    • K
    ToffeeandyShow
    • A
    • A
    Flop
    • K
    Turn
    • K
    River
    LitlGenralWinThree Kings161465.00273595.84
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Weekly update.

Have not played as much as I would have liked, been busy with work, then spent one night setting up the new pc and desk and the next night figuring out how to switch it on.

Was a bit of a rubbish boyfriend and father tonight as not only is/was it Valentines day, but it's also my youngest daughter's 13th birthday. However, my Valentines gift to the missus was said daughter all those years ago so that makes up for that, plus we are all going out to the cinema followed by a meal tomorrow. Me, the missus and 2 teenage girls and for 3/4 of each month I wouldn't swap it for the world.

Poker....was mainly poor but clawed things back towards the tail end of the week to finish +£132.96. No complaints.

Diet: Gone to pot, back on it next week*

That's me done for the week now. Family day tomorrow and on 2nd man standby at work on Sunday due to storm Dennis. I will play the freeroll though.

Start BR: £100
    Current: £4407.46

Have a great weekend all.

*I'll try anyway
  • Options
    Ul @Toffeeandy always hurts more at the business end. Just gotta remind yourself that at least you got there and there was nothing you can do. But I'm the same though, I would rather bust early than lose with aces that deep.
  • Options
    Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
    Hi @waller02, great me too. I will send you a private message.
  • Options

@waller02

Morning Ryan,

Well done on 4th in Sheriff last night, gaining entry via a £3 Satellite.

Given you have an ABI of around £5, & you only play these big buck MTT's if you satellite in, how different did you find the play at the £50 BI level?

The Final included some very good players - alancarr12, RAKKKI etc. @miniman88 also made the final. How do you think your game stood up against these guys?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Thanks @Tikay10. I feel ok tbh. I play the likes of miniman, lool etc. most nights anyway as they are always in the 11's. Rakkki and Alancarr I'm not so familiar with as they only turn up for the larger mtts, but I obviously knew about them.

There's no denying they are stronger players, but I enjoy the games. I just try to focus on making the right decisions as often as possible and try forget who I'm playing because one hint of weakness and they pounce all over you and put you in some horrid spots. I used to feel uncomfortable but I'm slowly starting to hold my own a little although there is still a long way to go until I'm at their level.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Weekly Update,

Probably shouldn't be writing it now while things are so raw. Really close in the main until things turned nasty in the money. I'd gotten over that and made the final of the mini.

How do you lose this hand for the chip lead on the final table after this flop? I don't post beats normally but there is a lot of money up top in the Friday mini and I feel sick haha.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    mnolan8317Small blind8000.008000.00235132.79
    Chandawg4Big blind16000.0024000.00658592.09
    Your hole cards
    • J
    • J
    Max_BearFold
    waller02Raise32000.0056000.00513222.51
    NIPPER1234All-in444549.97500549.970.00
    mnolan8317Fold
    Chandawg4Fold
    waller02Call412549.97913099.94100672.54
    waller02Show
    • J
    • J
    NIPPER1234Show
    • A
    • K
    Flop
    Turn
    • K
    River
    NIPPER1234WinPair of Kings913099.94913099.94
    Nasty.

Start BR: £100
    Current: £4623.64 sooo close to getting to 5k

+£217ish for the week

I hate poker sometimes. Back with the next update next week.

• Options
    Update; On phone, in bed. Hand played itself, wasnt a bad beat although I do still feel a little bit sick.

I won't be playing again this week as Saturday is family night. Plus I'm up at the crack of dawn for a meeting on Monday so shall only be playing the freeroll on Sunday.

Have a great weekend all. Long live Poker!
  • Options

"Current: £4623.64 sooo close to getting to 5k"

Soon, you'll need to be creating a new new Challenge.

WP Ryan.

This thread - along with several others - is a delight to read. And gives good balance for when our Team Tin Hat members make their ever more frequent appearances.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Tikay10 said:

"Current: £4623.64 sooo close to getting to 5k"

Soon, you'll need to be creating a new new Challenge.

WP Ryan.

This thread - along with several others - is a delight to read. And gives good balance for when our Team Tin Hat members make their ever more frequent appearances.

Thanks @Tikay10

You're right but I could have family in Sky and be one of the preferred players of course.

I kind of wish I'd waited until this morning to write the update as I'm over it now (although I think a lot less of @chrisdonkb he's clearly just a luckbox after the way he sent me packing in the Main and I have switched to the team miniman camp, proper player). It's just poker though and these things happen, I definitely thought the 5k was on though!

I checked the JJ hand from the mini. In game it felt like a call but close. I was assuming JJ+ AK. I ran it through icmizer and it turns out that JJ was -0.01 and QQ+AK were profitable. But if you factor in the bounty along with the great chance of winning the mtt if I win the hand then that makes it a call (I think?). A LOT closer than I thought though.

I can never complain with deep runs though (86% on that flop though, grrr) and I would obviously accept +200 weeks if they were offered to me beforehand.

I've been speaking to Andy and I think I'm going to have monthly refreshers with him so that will involve me withdrawing a couple of hundred or so to stick elsewhere and gather some hh's. I will do the same as last time though and stick it back on here again afterwards.

No poker until Monday now though apart from tomorrow's freeroll. I'm having an early night tonight and getting up at 4 for the boxing. In the past I'd always have some friends round, have a drink and stay up, but I can't handle that these days. Im getting old. Really looking forward to the fight though.

• Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    If it makes you feel any better, I had the chip lead ripped from me in a couple of coolers and then a nice bvb cooler in the mini, I also thought the 5k was on :/

+ @miniman88 is sh*t
  • Options
    DEL560DEL560 Member Posts: 487
    Ahhh those pesky Jacks - UL Ryan.

Do you use the Add-on in this Tournament?

Have a good weekend m8!
  • Options
    DEL560 said:

Ahhh those pesky Jacks - UL Ryan.

Do you use the Add-on in this Tournament?

Have a good weekend m8!

Hi Del, yeah I always addon but I don't always auto rebuy at the start, it depends on the table. I did stack off and fire a second bullet though. I only ever have one rebuy and if it doesn't go my way then I move onto another tournament. You often see people having rebuy after rebuy after rebuy, particularly in the lower stakes games and sometimes to the point where they need to finish in the top 3 just to break even, pointless.

Have a good weekend too mate.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,038

If it makes you feel any better, I had the chip lead ripped from me in a couple of coolers and then a nice bvb cooler in the mini, I also thought the 5k was on :/

+ @miniman88 is sh*t

Nice to know it happens to you as well Chris lol. At least you put my 7@7 chips (and bounty) to good use.
    Good luck tonight
  • Options
    Ugh.....

Yesterday was my birthday and it included far too much alcohol. FAR too much.

Mtts went well. Jumping into spins went horribly.

Today I feel rough, embarrassed and annoyed to have ruined a profitable week by blowing a few hundred at the end of it.

Lesson learnt and it's back to rebuilding. Don't plan on drinking Gin again for a long time, we don't get on very well!

BR: £4260.83.....it was considerably higher and I winced when I logged on.

The most painful update yet. I am a tit.