You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    I only have ICMizer trial and messed up the free calc so will have another look tomorrow
  • Options
    Quick midweek update..

I'm not counting my chickens just yet, but hopefully the tide is turning (next session will be a shocker now I've said that).

Finished 3rd in the Main and won an £11 BH to regain some of the previous weeks losses and I'm certainly in a lot better place confidence wise.

Not sure how much I will be playing for the rest of the week, may play tomorrow but after that it's Cheltenham and alcohol.

Will give a full BR update on Friday/Saturday as usual.

Phew....
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Nice one Ryan, just keep plugging away B)
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Vwp Ryan
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
  • Options
    Cheers. Well played yourself last night too Mike.

I'd obviously liked to have won but it was good to see Danyo0 win, he posts on the forum and was recently asking about studying on another thread. It makes a nice change from one of the usual suspects winning it.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Delighted to see you have a good time of it last night Waller. Well played and unlucky for not quite finishing the job in the Main. After the last week or so, it was probably just the tonic your mental game needed :)
  • Options

Delighted to see you have a good time of it last night Waller. Well played and unlucky for not quite finishing the job in the Main. After the last week or so, it was probably just the tonic your mental game needed :)

Thanks mate, tried to take your Monday Main title but it wasn't to be. I really do need to sort my mental game out, I try to stay upbeat but I can't for some reason!

Loving your stream btw, the setup looks great. The music is shocking but it's not a deal breaker and there doesn't seem to be an alternative. You have a good following now and long may it continue.
  • Options
    Weekly Update.

Only a short one as I have hardly played this week. The previously mentioned results have got the BR moving in the right direction again. I probably won't be playing again this week as I'm a bit busy. I'm on call all week next week so won't get to play much then either unless I 1 or 2 table which is very dull. I'll use the break to put in a bit of study before returning to the tables properly a week on Monday.

Have a good weekend all.

Start BR: £100
    Current : £4406.17
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    About time I did an update I guess.

To be honest, with all that is going on in the World my motivation to sit down and play poker hasn't been great. I'm one of life's worriers, if there is something worth worrying about then you can rest assured that I will be.

Job wise I'm one of the lucky ones, my job is safe and any self isolation would be on full pay so there are no financial implications, but I'm constantly worrying about my missus who has an auto immune disease and is therefore on the vulnerable list. I'm not alone though, every single one of us has somebody in our close family in the same situation and we have just got to hope we can all get through this awful time.

That being said, I have played a bit of poker, mostly bad. I'm struggling to give the games my full focus and have lost approx 200 quid. Normally I would be annoyed with myself and giving myself a hard time, but in the grand scheme of things I'm not even that bothered.

It's really good of Sky to add some extra tournaments to the schedule and I shall be donating tonight whilst having a few much needed beers.

It's great to see the forum and indeed the whole community in general really looking out for one another, it's the one positive we can take from all this and I hope it continues long after this awful virus has been beaten.

Good luck to everyone both on and off the tables.

Current: £4229.27
  • Options
    Good evening. With there being a few UKOPs diaries starting on the forum, it would be rude not to jump on the bandwagon and do daily updates myself.

I will only be playing the smaller ones unless I satellite into a biggie but I will definitely be treating myself to the 5Ok BH towards the end of the series (unless my bankroll has taken a serious hammering).

Good luck to everybody, it looks like it could be a mad one.
  • Options
    Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
    GL Ryan.
  • Options
    Day 1

UKOPS was poor but saved by others to finish the night +220ish

UKOPS 1 £22 - (X £7.50 heads)
    UKOPS 3 £11 - (X)
    UKOPS 4 £22 - (X £7.50 heads)
    UKOPS 6 £22 - (X)

Insane numbers though, any UKOPS event will take some winning. Great to see though and all good fun.

Current: £4329.89

• Options
    I am giving tonight a miss, I had a few beers last night and still suffering a bit. Would be foolish to play when you can't give it 100%.

A night on the sofa watching TV/films with the missus is in order before a proper crack at the rest of the UKOPS from tomorrow.

Good luck to everybody who is playing tonight.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    waller02 said:

I am giving tonight a miss, I had a few beers last night and still suffering a bit. Would be foolish to play when you can't give it 100%.

A night on the sofa watching TV/films with the missus is in order before a proper crack at the rest of the UKOPS from tomorrow.

pu$$y
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    stokefc said:

waller02 said:

pu$$y
    No-it was beers :)
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    waller02 said:

Day 1

UKOPS 3 £11 - (X)
    UKOPS 6 £22 - (X)

Insane numbers though, any UKOPS event will take some winning. Great to see though and all good fun.

After playing tonight i have to disagree on the “all good fun” bit ;)

Gl tomorrow mate
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

waller02 said:

Day 1

UKOPS 3 £11 - (X)
    UKOPS 6 £22 - (X)

After playing tonight i have to disagree on the “all good fun” bit ;)

Gl tomorrow mate
    Cheers Paul.

Yeah was a brutal night for you mate. Nothing you could do though, just one of those nights.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    So, after a break last night I returned for another crack at UKOPS and the fact I'm writing the update now is a sign that it could have been better.

Pretty poor night to be honest, with the real annoyance coming in the form of gii pre in the £33 with QQ v QJs v 66 for a top 10 stack and 2 decent bounties 10 off the money and somehow finishing the hand in 3rd place. This left me with 8bb which I did manage to nurse into the money but it was still frustrating nonetheless.

Other tournaments - couple of bounties, zero cashes to finish the night approx -£100.

Those Queens hold and it could have been a decent night, just the way it goes sometimes. The fields are massive though, full of crazy interesting plays and as such they are higher variance than they were pre lockdown.

Back for another go tomorrow anyway.

UKOPS 13 £33 - (46th £43.47 + £28.13 heads)
    UKOPS 16 £11 - (X)
    UKOPS 17 £22 - (X)

Current: £4230.59
  • Options
    DEL560DEL560 Member Posts: 487
    Hey mate, hope you and the family are well? Are you still working at the moment?