You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    DEL560 said:

Hey mate, hope you and the family are well? Are you still working at the moment?

Hi Del, Yes we are all good mate thanks, hope you and yours are well. I'm working from home at the minute and only have to leave the house to attend any faults or safety related issues. How about you, are you still working?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    It's a minefield out there Ry especially when you 4x with premiums and the whole table calls
    Good luck tonight mate
  • Options
    stokefc said:

It's a minefield out there Ry especially when you 4x with premiums and the whole table calls
    Good luck tonight mate

You're not wrong, a bit more luck required at the minute.

Hope you and your family are well mate.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    waller02 said:

stokefc said:

Good luck tonight mate

You're not wrong, a bit more luck required at the minute.

Hope you and your family are well mate.
    Thanks mate hope you and yours are coping and please stay safe
    I'm bored $hitless and poker is doing my head in atm
    Some good weather on it's way so I'm gonna get in the garden and cut the 2mm of grass I've already cut twice in the last couple of weeks but it keeps me busy i suppose ,I've got a massive garden so plenty of space to be had
  • Options
    Close but no cigar tonight. Had chances in both the Mini and UKOPS 22, but both exits were totally standard, just gotta win those flips when it matters.

Still the cashes ensured the evening was pretty much break even and I come away unscathed after an enjoyable evening of poker with the @Duesenberg stream as an added bonus. With all the crazy $hit going on in the World right now it's good to take your mind off it and have a bit of fun, win or lose.

Boris being admitted to Intensive Care really drives home the seriousness of the situation we are in and I hope it makes those people who are selfishly ignoring the guidelines finally sit up and take notice.

UKOPS 20 £22 - (X)
    UKOPS 22 £11 - (86th £15.79 + £20.63 head prizes)
    UKOPS 23 £22 - (19th £26.04 + £26.26 head prizes)

Back tomorrow.

Start BR: £100
    Current: £4221.03

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    With all the crazy $hit going on in the World right now it's good to take your mind off it and have a bit of fun, win or lose.

+1

Taking a shot focuses my mind on poker, albeit stressful at times, not as stressful as real life stuff.
  • Options
    DEL560DEL560 Member Posts: 487
    Hi Ryan. That's good you don't have to go out as much. I'm just at home. Take care m8
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

"With all the crazy $hit going on in the World right now it's good to take your mind off it and have a bit of fun, win or lose.

Boris being admitted to Intensive Care really drives home the seriousness of the situation we are in and I hope it makes those people who are selfishly ignoring the guidelines finally sit up and take notice."

+1 to both of those.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Nasty one tonight, took a bit of a spanking.

I played the marginal hands poorly and the good hands let me down, it wasn't fun. I ended up just over 100 down with only a single head prize to my name the whole evening.

Poker is a bit like the missus, a proper pain in the backside at times, but the love is always there.

I was having a night off tomorrow regardless of the outcome tonight so I'll be back on Thursday to try and win a bit back.

I'm edging closer to dipping below £4k which shouldn't really bother me, but it's a bit of mindset thing, each £1k is a milestone and it does play on my mind a bit. In the grand scheme of things it means sweet FA but it's just how my mind works I guess. I have no control over that though so what will be will be!

Stay safe all.

Current: £4106.93
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited April 2020
    I’m serious here believe it or not

I’d withdraw £600 right now
    It’ll take your mind off the dipping below 4k
    You’ll still have turned £100 into £3500 which is very impressive and you’ll have some money in the bank. Maybe not the right time now with the current situation but blow it on something fun.

You don’t need that much in your account to play all the games that you want to.

After losing nights i do this a lot. Just withdraw a bit from my account
    Money going into my bank makes me feel like i’ve had a win :)

I get this isn’t how 99.9% would do it
    But it works for me :)
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Unlucky mate, gl for rest of series? :)

I totally get the milestone thing and I'm a bit of a sucker for it as well. Pretty silly though; would you be playing any different games on £3.9k compared to £4.1k? Probably not.

What's the end goal out of interest? I know you want to get to 5k. Are there any games you'd play at 5k that you don't play now?
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

You’ll still have turned £100 into £3500 which is very impressive and you’ll have some money in the bank. Maybe not the right time now with the current situation but blow it on something fun.

You don’t need that much in your account to play all the games that you want to.

Terrific post.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,353
    Two great responses up above me.

Tempting you to flirt with the idea of looking at things from a differnt angle.

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    Jac35 said:

But by withdrawing you activate the dreaded 'doom switch', unless you are a favoured player, of course. In all seriousness some good advice there, after all if we don't occasionally get a benefit from winning, other than watching the bankroll increase, what's the point?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Terrific post.
    Yeah it is a great post by @Jac35 and it has certainly made me think.

Ordinarily in the past I have always withdrawn a good chunk of any significant wins and treated the missus and kids or bought something for the house etc.

Without wanting to sound like a ****, I'm finally at a stage in my life where I'm financially secure, I was always terrible with money when I was younger but now I have got my house in order and have savings for a rainy day. If I withdrew the money it would just be sitting there doing nothing, I guess if life was normal right now then I could withdraw some and book a nice weekend away for the family but that's obviously not an option at the minute.

This, along with wanting to renew my love of the game, was a factor in me setting the challenge of trying to get the BR to 10k and trying to test myself to see if I could move up the stakes. Withdrawing some would feel like I had failed, it's just how my mind works.

I have obviously discussed this with the missus. After I won the 2k the other month I told her that I have 4 grand sitting in my Poker account and I asked her if she was happy for me to continue trying to build it further to try and move up in stakes or if she would rather I withdrew some of it. She just says that I sat down with 100 quid and even if I lost the lot (which I won't as I wouldn't let it get that far) then it wouldn't matter to her.

Now the money in my account is a significant amount I'm not going to let stubbornness or pride take over and risk losing the lot just for the sake of a bankroll challenge. I am prepared to cut my losses and call it challenge failed at some point, but I'm not there yet. Again, this is something I have thought about a lot and if the bankroll does get down to 3k then that is the point where I would knock it on the head, withdraw most of it, move back down the stakes and try to rebuild again.

It might not get to that stage anyway but I'm aware that it is highly possible. At the end of the day though I'm happy to risk losing another 1100 before calling it day, we are poker players afterall and love a gamble.
  • Options

Unlucky mate, gl for rest of series? :)

I totally get the milestone thing and I'm a bit of a sucker for it as well. Pretty silly though; would you be playing any different games on £3.9k compared to £4.1k? Probably not.

What's the end goal out of interest? I know you want to get to 5k. Are there any games you'd play at 5k that you don't play now?

Hi mate. The previous post explains it all.

Taking a bit of a beating at the minute and it is look more like challenge failed right now, but I will still be plugging away for now.

Gl with your personal challenge, really enjoy your diary.
  • Options
    I find myself in a weird situation right now. I'm really not enjoying playing, but then there is nothing else to do.

I'm playing bad in some games, but in the games I do hold my own in there is always a kick in the balls just around the corner.

I was in a big hole early in the session, bad play, running bad when not. Then I clawed a bit back in the later games only to be denied when it really mattered resulting in yet another losing session. Not massive, -£60 but I just don't feel like I can play the game anymore.

As such I'm not playing for the rest of UKOPS. I play for fun and I'm not having fun.

Log on, set fire to a £50 note log off.

Stay safe all.

Current: £4056.40
  • Options
    If it ain't fun, what's the point. Tested myself, failed.

Not going to write about it anymore, at the stage now where I gave it my best shot but got as far as I could go. I can't continue with updates when there is nothing worth updating.

Stay safe all and gl at the tables.
  • Options

Ryan, you need to stop beating yourself up. Instead, reflect on what Groggs wrote;

"BTW spinning a £100 roll to £4000 is a great accomplishment and is something you should take pride in"

He's bang on.

PS - Enjoy your Easter.