You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    The lack of takers on the hand analysis can only mean that either nobody reads or it was just a standard rejam and there was nothing to discuss.

Only had 2 sessions since last weeks update as I was covering a mate's call outs at work Mon-Thurs. So there isn't a great deal to report with the ft in last Friday's Mini being the only highlight.

I'm playing tonight (looking forward to @Allan23 stream) and possibly Sunday and that will be all for another week as it is my turn to be on call at work.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Start BR: £100
    Current: £3207.84
  • Options
    teamclauteamclau Member Posts: 56
    I am absolutely no expert but for the hand I cant see flatting 10bb there being the right move. I would say rejam is fine, I guess you have to consider bounty size?

Have a great weekend :) xx
  • Options
    teamclau said:

I am absolutely no expert but for the hand I cant see flatting 10bb there being the right move. I would say rejam is fine, I guess you have to consider bounty size?

Have a great weekend :) xx

Cheers Laura you too, yeah I discussed the hand elsewhere and think its just vul that the only guy in the blinds who covers me wakes up with KK. I probably don't even question it otherwise.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    The bust out is very unfortunate but the rejam is excessive for 55bb at this stage of the tournament when we are the effective stack if manosalex wakes up - flatting and folding seems preferable in this spot at this depth and I don't think it's going to get exploited too often.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    MynaFrett said:

The bust out is very unfortunate but the rejam is excessive for 55bb at this stage of the tournament when we are the effective stack if manosalex wakes up - flatting and folding seems preferable in this spot at this depth and I don't think it's going to get exploited too often.

This is what really bugged me at the time, should I have just done as you suggested. It did feel dirty busting in the fashion that I did, and now I'm questioning it again haha.

OK, so at that depth do you have ANY hands that you are rejamming?

What hands are you flatting and gii with if the big stack does come back over the top? I assume if you are call/folding hands like 77 then you should be balancing this by also flatting with your traps?
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited July 2020
    I think I'm flatting range in this specific spot then calling 99+, AQo+ (maybe AJ/ATs) vs the manosalex reshove ... we still get wrecked vs his premiums this way of course but his reshoving range is going to be wider vs our 10bb flat than our 55bb reshove ...

(I don't see him flatting the 10bb shove and call out of the SB too often either)
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

I think I'm flatting range in this specific spot then calling 99+, AQo+ (maybe AJ/ATs) vs the manosalex reshove ... we still get wrecked vs his premiums this way of course but his reshoving range is obviously much wider vs our 10bb flat than our 55bb reshove ...

(I don't see him flatting the 10bb shove and call out of the SB too often either)

Makes sense. Cheers for your thoughts Myna.
  • Options
    I'll do my "weekly" update now as I can't play at all next week and I'm not playing tonight due to an early start tomorrow.

Friday's session was profitable, not by much, but it was close to being a great night. I finished 11th in the Main after busting with a bit of a nasty one. Basically, I got "Batesed". The hand played itself though bvb KK<AT and when you're up against the great man in that spot the only question you ask yourself is which street the Ace will appear. It came on the flop so at least I had the turn and river to shout for the King, but sadly it wasn't to be.

Nevermind, all standard stuff and it just felt nice to be booking a profitable session no matter how small.

Back on the tables a week on Monday.

Current: £3253.18
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    edited July 2020
    waller02 said:

I'll do my "weekly" update now as I can't play at all next week and I'm not playing tonight due to an early start tomorrow.

Friday's session was profitable, not by much, but it was close to being a great night. I finished 11th in the Main after busting with a bit of a nasty one. Basically, I got "Batesed". The hand played itself though bvb KK It came on the flop so at least I had the turn and river to shout for the King, but sadly it wasn't to be.

Nevermind, all standard stuff and it just felt nice to be booking a profitable session no matter how small.

I literally just got "Batesed" just before I read this. QQ<A10 though. His obligatory A came on the flop.

Sigh :)
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited July 2020
    @PKRPar

Don't know about the last post however you are annoying to play against. ;)
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Cammykaze said:

@PKRPar

Don't know about the last post however you are annoying to play against. ;)

I take that as a compliment ;)

The Batesy hand was on a spin table. GL in the tourny you just busted me out off.

• Options
    PKRPar said:

waller02 said:

Friday's session was profitable, not by much, but it was close to being a great night. I finished 11th in the Main after busting with a bit of a nasty one. Basically, I got "Batesed". The hand played itself though bvb KK It came on the flop so at least I had the turn and river to shout for the King, but sadly it wasn't to be.

I literally just got "Batesed" just before I read this. QQ
    Definitely scope for "I got Batesed and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" merchandise. Orders would be through the roof.
  • Options
    Haha, love it!
  • Options
    I shall do the weekly update a day earlier than usual as I'm unlikely to be online tomorrow.

A very dull report with nothing to really write about pokerwise, no significant cashes and a slight loss on the week overall.

Away from the tables it's different story as we are collecting the new addition to our family tomorrow, Ozzy our 8 week old Cockapoo. The missus and my 17yr old daughter are bouncing off the walls with excitement, my 13yr old daughter couldn't care less and I'm just hoping he isn't a little sh1t.

It's been well over a year since our last dog passed away and we are ready for new dog in our lives now as the house just isn't the same without one. I'll probably post a couple of pics in a week or 2 when he is settled in.

I probably won't be playing at all for the next week as I want to give all my time to Ozzy during the first week so I can walk round the house cleaning up dog muck we can get him settled in properly and get to know each other.

Next update in a couple of weeks.

Current: £3153.91
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Your 13yr old sounds proper switched on :D

Hope it goes well. Get some scented candles.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    bbMike said:

Your 13yr old sounds proper switched on :D

Hope it goes well. Get some scented candles.

As soon as you told Keith that you hated puppies it became clear that you’re obviously just a bad man
  • Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    waller02 said:

I shall do the weekly update a day earlier than usual as I'm unlikely to be online tomorrow.

A very dull report with nothing to really write about pokerwise, no significant cashes and a slight loss on the week overall.

Away from the tables it's different story as we are collecting the new addition to our family tomorrow, Ozzy our 8 week old Cockapoo. The missus and my 17yr old daughter are bouncing off the walls with excitement, my 13yr old daughter couldn't care less and I'm just hoping he isn't a little sh1t.

It's been well over a year since our last dog passed away and we are ready for new dog in our lives now as the house just isn't the same without one. I'll probably post a couple of pics in a week or 2 when he is settled in.

I probably won't be playing at all for the next week as I want to give all my time to Ozzy during the first week so I can walk round the house cleaning up dog muck we can get him settled in properly and get to know each other.

I have a cockapoo , you will love him mate , they are very hyper and love playing , great with kids. mine is a year and a half and completely bonkers ( in a good way ) but they are easily trained too , he will follow you everywhere and hate being on their own but we cage trained ours from the start so she got used to being in alone a few hours if we need to go out.

what colour is yours? mine is light brown / tan
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    johnjoe81 said:

waller02 said:

I have a cockapoo , you will love him mate , they are very hyper and love playing , great with kids. mine is a year and a half and completely bonkers ( in a good way ) but they are easily trained too , he will follow you everywhere and hate being on their own but we cage trained ours from the start so she got used to being in alone a few hours if we need to go out.

what colour is yours? mine is light brown / tan
    Ours is black with a white chest. His first night at home last night was a long night, but we expected that. He is settling down a bit now though. We are crate training ours too. Toilet training isn't going too great so far and we discovered last night that he can't last the night without needing to go more than once, there have been a few accidents, but we know its going to take a few weeks.

All worth it in the end though.

• Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    @waller02 aww man he is a wee belter , yeah i wont lie the first couple weeks were tough , first 2 months tbh lol but as you say all worth it in the end , instead of using the puppy pads to go to the toilet on we often found her lying in amongst them , torn to shreds haha so we just took her outside to the garden more and she just automatically went to the front door when she needed to go after a while.