You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

FAT CLUB...The sequel

Comments

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    Hi guys. Well as part of a Diabetes trial I am on, I have to go to Weight Watchers every Monday. My first "weigh in" a couple of days ago was 14st 5lbs, so will post my weight each Monday.

The trial I am on is called "THE GLOW STUDY" and I am on the "LIVE WELL WITH DIABETES" one, see below if interested:

http://www.mrc-epid.cam.ac.uk/research/studies/glow/information-for-participants/

GL to you all.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    This could cost a lot of money on a new clothing.
    Providing you’ve got the same dress sense,then a clothes swap could be on the cards.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    edited January 2020
    I'm going to weigh myself every Friday so I can track my progress easier then I would do monthly. Still going with a £10 donation to Grahams charity for every month where I don't lose weight.

As previously mentioned, I bought an exercise bike and I have been using it for 45 minutes most nights straight after work. I purposely bought a fairly expensive bike so it would help to keep me motivated as I hate wasting money, plus I know my missus would soon be on my case if I stopped using it!

Also now the Christmas junk food has finally been demolished I'm onto a far healthier diet. Really hoping I can stick to the routine as I was pretty shocked to weigh in at 19st on the 1st.

Start Weight: 19st 0lbs
    Target weight: 15st 7lbs
    Current Weight: 18st 11lbs
    Total loss: 3lbs

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

Solid start Ryan.

I always try to imagine weight loss in terms of 2lb bags of sugar, it;'s much easier to visualise that way.

So you are already carrying around one & a half bags less all day every day. Makes a big difference carrying less weight around everywhere.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    Tikay10 said:

Solid start Ryan.

I always try to imagine weight loss in terms of 2lb bags of sugar, it;'s much easier to visualise that way.

So you are already carrying around one & a half bags less all day every day. Makes a big difference carrying less weight around everywhere.

Agree, well done Ryan! @wa I was gonna do it monthly but maybe weekly will focus the mind
    SO

Start weight 14 8 4
    Current 14 7 this morning so
    Loss of 1lb 4oz....14% towards monthly target...slow and steady wins the race!
  • Options
    madprof said:

Tikay10 said:

Solid start Ryan.

Agree, well done Ryan! @wa I was gonna do it monthly but maybe weekly will focus the mind
    SO

Start weight 14 8 4
    Current 14 7 this morning so
    Loss of 1lb 4oz....14% towards monthly target...slow and steady wins the race!
    Well done Prof. Yeah I think weekly weigh ins are best. They can either keep you motivated on the weeks you lose weight and give you a kick up the backside on the weeks that you don't
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Solid start Ryan.

Thanks. I'm not getting carried away yet, I do this every year and always finish the year heavier. Really going for it this year though as I turn 40 next year and I want to be 40 and fit not 40 and fat!
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    Start Weight: 13st 8lbs
    Current Weight: 13st 6lbs.
    Loss: 2lbs
    Parkruns: 1

Solid start with two gym sessions and a parkrun last Saturday. Will be doing parkrun in the morning to get the weekend off to a good start.

Well done to the others, keep it up.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Starting weight January 1st - 14st 12.5 lbs

Today's weigh-in, January 10th - 14st 2lbs

Quite pleased with that.

Have been eating exactly as I should, & have walked 27 miles. (3 x 1 mile walks every day for 9 days).

Obv, with being so overweight for my height, the first stone should fall off quickly, so I'm not complacent, but even so, I'm pleased with a solid start.

This week of course will be far less. If I can shed 2 lbs this week I'll be more than happy.

Be nice to get down to 13-7 by SPT Manchester. If I fail it won't be for lack of effort.

Plan to increase the daily walking mileage this week.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Quite pleased with that.

Have been eating exactly as I should, & have walked 27 miles. (3 x 1 mile walks every day for 9 days).

Obv, with being so overweight for my height, the first stone should fall off quickly, so I'm not complacent, but even so, I'm pleased with a solid start.

This week of course will be far less. If I can shed 2 lbs this week I'll be more than happy.

Be nice to get down to 13-7 by SPT Manchester. If I fail it won't be for lack of effort.

You don't mess about do you! There's solid starts then there's SOLID starts. Nice one Tikay.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    Tikay10 said:

Quite pleased with that.

Absolutely awesome! @Tikay10

I will post my weight on Monday afternoon after my WW meeting. I would be happy with any loss tbh. I need a bit of the TK discipline.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    Tikay10 said:

Calling @LARSON7 .....you can’t allow this to continue, surely?
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,511
    What horrors lurk inside the Joseph socks his Auntie got him for Christmas. Call the Medic's
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    Start:18-09
    10/01:18-07

Many a mickle maks a muckle...
  • Options
    Life is a struggle lads you are not alone ....... I put on 2 lbs

• Options
    @goldon not being funny but you have a habit of spoiling threads. The caption comp for example. Please don't start posting repeated waffle on this one.
  • Options
    Humour on the Thread was not started by me ..... nor am I the only contributor but you single me out Mm! & weight is not restricted fat people ..... If Mr T or the OP think my being on the thread is harmful, they can say ... I will step aside ..... The Caption Competition is open to everyone, again just bit of fun nobody dies. Were you expecting to win something......... cough! My Thread is open to anyone if they have complaint regard my posts please feel free to take a pop. (not being funny) that's what they tell me.
  • Options
    Not everything has to be the Goldon show. I've said my piece anyway.

Good luck everyone
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Week 1: 14:00

Good to get the 1st week out of the way. Was slow to the exercise party and when I went for a run went and injured my foot! :(

Abstaining from alcohol in January, which should certainly help with the weight loss.

Would really like to get down below 13 stone this year. Good luck all!