You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

FAT CLUB...The sequel

Comments

• Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    year on same socks ill by u some new ones
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129

Ugh.

Anyway, it is what it is.

Plan will be the same as last year.

Eat properly, no bad food.

Exercise regularly. Last year I walked 6 miles per day (3 x 2 mile walks) every day for 4 months. That's over 700 miles.

Target weight? 12st 7lbs by the end of May.

Short term target is to drop a stone before SPT Manchester, which is 2nd week of February I think. So 13st 12 & a half pounds by then.

I had my first walk this morning. Just 1 mile, & I came back puffing & blowing something shocking. But it's a start.

Good luck all.
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

@gpc70

Not quite. The "mustard" sock photos were both last year. The multi-coloured tartany jobs were this morning.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Well just had a bit of a shock. I knew I'd put on a bit of timber, but not this much. I'm 6'3 btw so it's not as shocking as it looks!

I want to get down to around the 15st mark by the end of the year. I shall weigh in on the first of each month and for every month where I don't lose weight I shall donate £10 to @StayOrGo charity.

Gl all!
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    waller02 said:

Well just had a bit of a shock. I knew I'd put on a bit of timber, but not this much. I'm 6'3 btw so it's not as shocking as it looks!

I want to get down to around the 15st mark by the end of the year. I shall weigh in on the first of each month and for every month where I don't lose weight I shall donate £10 to @StayOrGo charity.

Gl all!

waller02 said:

Gl all!

When height is mentioned in the relative scheme of things reminds me of the story about Joel Garner when playing for Somerset

I believe he was at a charity event, when two ladies came up to him and asked him was his body in proportion to his height ( clearly thinking about a certain part..)

He replied " No, it was I'd be 8' 7"....."

GLGL 4 stone...big ask? Still if you've got time and are an adventurous eater, try my weekly recipes!! They will help for sure
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

gpc70 said:

@gpc70

Not quite. The "mustard" sock photos were both last year. The multi-coloured tartany jobs were this morning.
    Tony changes his socks once a month whether they need changing or not...
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    lol
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    We like Fat people on the "Rail" don't hide away .........

If the pie shop is 6 miles away then ......

Nothing wrong with reaching goal weight ...... then

Putting it back on.........

Socks are good they hid fungal nail .......

Amputation of limbs is the only way you lot will suck seed.

Cough!
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    Hi guys.

Was 15st 0lbs at one point last year and weighing in a 14st 4lb at the start of this year.

Interim targets of 12st 12lb by end of March. The down to 12st 4lb by end of June.

Best of luck to you all.
  • Options

Friday is weigh-in day, but as I only started 2 days ago (Wednesday Jan 1st) I'm going to leave it until next Friday.

I can say I've got off to a great start, both as to eating the right quantities of the right food, & getting plenty of exercise. 8 x 1 mile walks in the book already.

With any luck, I'll drop 4 or 5 lbs by next Friday.

Only problem is Gill is coming down tonight until Tuesday, & that makes hard dieting very awkward.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Tikay10 said:

Friday is weigh-in day, but as I only started 2 days ago (Wednesday Jan 1st) I'm going to leave it until next Friday.

I can say I've got off to a great start, both as to eating the right quantities of the right food, & getting plenty of exercise. 8 x 1 mile walks in the book already.

Only problem is Gill is coming down tonight until Tuesday, & that makes hard dieting very awkward.

You could always try @Jac35 patented "grumpy pumpy" diet plan ;)
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Oh, here we go again - in for the ride.

Weight on 2nd January - 14:02

Do you want a bet Graham 1st person to 12:12, say £50.00?

The 12:12 Race.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Surely the title should be

"FATCLUB...the EEEEK uel.."
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I'm taking the long view...I'll post on 01 of the month when I declare how much money I'll be donating to Shelter.....
  • Options
    LARSON7 said:

Oh, here we go again - in for the ride.

Weight on 2nd January - 14:02

Do you want a bet Graham 1st person to 12:12, say £50.00?

The 12:12 Race.

@StayOrGo G, can I remind of @LARSON7 's nationality? For £50, he will probably cut both legs off to get to 12:12.....GLGL btw Larson!!
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    Evening fatties, I think I'll join in this year. I've put on around a stone and a half in the last year, so the plan is lose most or all of that.

Current Weight: 13st 8lbs.

It would be great if i can trim down to 12st 8lbs by the end of May for my holiday. The ultimate target is 12st at some point this year.

I'm usually quite active and run regularly, but I've eaten and drank far too much this last year. So the plan is to eat/drink less and move slightly more often. I'll set myself an extra target of at least 30 park runs this year too.

Good Luck all.
  • Options
    I used to run a lot, running turns the fat to muscle very little weight loss ... if you weigh yourself before a run then after, you will lose several pounds but, that's fluid loss and re hydration puts it back, better to concentrate on food intake re calories. Exercise does not have to be strenuous to lose weight sitting playing poker, you can use the chair arms to do lift ups or standing up lean back and forward up on your toes all burns calories. Eating little amount often rather than big meals will trick the belly into thinking its happy....; you may laugh but look at my feet standing on 10 half stone. fwiw gl
  • Options
    goldon said:

I used to run a lot, running turns the fat to muscle very little weight loss ... if you weigh yourself before a run then after, you will lose several pounds but, that's fluid loss and re hydration puts it back, better to concentrate on food intake re calories. Exercise does not have to be strenuous to lose weight sitting playing poker, you can use the chair arms to do lift ups or standing up lean back and forward up on your toes all burns calories. Eating little amount often rather than big meals will trick the belly into thinking its happy....; you may laugh but look at my feet standing on 10 half stone. fwiw gl

I agree @goldon but as you're 4' 10"...still obese :p>:)
  • Options
    Snow White loves me.
  • Options
    Touché...that’s not touch btw!