You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Duesenberg Twitch Stream

Comments

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Thanks guys, was a fun one last night :).

The one annoying thing was the lag that seemed to come and go during the evening. Some viewers were suggesting it was a Twitch-wide thing rather than just my stream, but I'm not really sure either way tbh. Nothing was different in terms of my settings so I guess it could be a problem at their end - I imagine they're busier than ever with both viewers and streamers during the lockdown.

Thanks for the kind words @TheEdge949. No one enjoys a bad beat but I've played long enough to know that it really does even out eventually, so there's no point in getting too grumpy about that sort of thing. Also, congrats on your record score the other night :).
  • Options
    GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 383
    I tried to watch last night, but it was too laggy (sound like my kids :/) - just wanted to say though I liked the 7 tips that you had in the bottom corner. I am trying to follow the 1st and last ones, but it's not always possible...
  • Options
    Hi guys

I have finally waded into the murky waters of social media and set up an official Duesenberg123 Twitter account. I am a totally clueless noob when it comes to Twitter so will likely make a pigs ear of it at first, but I wanted a second outlet for providing updates about future streams.

If Twitter is your thing and you'd like to be fully kept in the loop, please give me a follow - I currently have zero followers so one of you lucky folks has the chance to first in :D

https://twitter.com/duesenberg123
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    If you’re stalked on twatter by FenitonFoods.......it’s me! ( haven’t got /cba with twatter personally)
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702

Thanks guys, was a fun one last night :).

The one annoying thing was the lag that seemed to come and go during the evening. Some viewers were suggesting it was a Twitch-wide thing rather than just my stream, but I'm not really sure either way tbh. Nothing was different in terms of my settings so I guess it could be a problem at their end - I imagine they're busier than ever with both viewers and streamers during the lockdown.

I found it was really bad at the start, video freezing but audio continuing. But after about 5-10mins it settled down and was fine. Then you restarted it maybe an hour later in one of the breaks and the problems came back again, but then maybe after another 10mins it was ok then fine throughout.

Wasn’t in the chat as was playing at the same time and find it difficult to juggle at times.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,175

@Duesenberg

I enjoyed this, perhaps rather more than you did.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,175

As an aside, I very much approve of the background music in that clip, I used to be a big fan of Crash Test Dummies. In fact it's not widely known that I was briefly very much in love with Ellen Reid. I had a google this morning & was quite pleased to see she is still with them. I've moved on though, via Pink & Natalie Imbuglia to my current infatuation, Gwen Stefani.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqlS9SOkjs

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited May 2020

Actually @Duesenberg can take a really bad beat very well. I put an outrageous one on him heads up at the F/T of a freeze out.

No swearing, moaning or ranting, just a class act. I gained huge respect for him for that. He even posted on my thread the next day to congrat me on the win.

Like I said, class.

Duesenberg has a million dollar smile! I was more animated watching from the side lines on that hand :P
  • Options
    @Tikay10 I highly approve of your list of infatuations, as well as your taste in music.

Afternoons and Coffeespoons (also by the Crash Test Dummies) is one of my all time favourite songs. It is of course merely a coincidence that the chorus of said tune begins with the line "Someday day I'll have a disappearing hairline..." :)
  • Options
    Evening all.

I'm feeling frisky so will be jumping on for a rare Saturday night stream if anyone feels like joining me - will be live from 7pm :)

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    You little tease!
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    I tend to watch through the app on tele then have it on PC to message. At times the audio will be fine through the app but the picture will freeze. Any idea if there is any settings I should be changing?
  • Options
    MattBates said:

I tend to watch through the app on tele then have it on PC to message. At times the audio will be fine through the app but the picture will freeze. Any idea if there is any settings I should be changing?

I honestly wish I knew - I still feel a bit clueless regarding all things Twitch related really.

I only ever use Twitch through my pc web browser and, as a viewer, the only thing that can be changed to my knowledge is the resolution you watch at (click the settings icon at the bottom right of the screen). Unfortunately these adjustments aren't always available when you're watching small time streamers like myself and more often than not you may just be sh*t out of luck :(.

If anyone else can help with the above it would be much appreciated!
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

I always seem to have same problem. Audio fine but picture frozen.
  • Options
    68Trebor said:

I always seem to have same problem. Audio fine but picture frozen.

I have a lovely frozen view of Dues right now!
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    @Duesenberg ...watching as usual...my kindle is brill..had lag..and you have hair....
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    Nice one Dues...a win on the stream!!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,402
    Glenelg said:

Nice one Dues...a win on the stream!!

Apparently not his first win, enjoyable stream though.
  • Options
    Cheers guys. Was a rather short one but certainly a sweet one :)

Really wish things would behave better for you all when trying to watch but encouraged to hear I have regained my hair in the eyes of some :D
  • Options

Cheers guys. Was a rather short one but certainly a sweet one :)

Really wish things would behave better for you all when trying to watch but encouraged to hear I have regained my hair in the eyes of some :D

Similar has been said about me!