You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

It's coming

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    Careful who you let out of Prison..........to infect the public.

Camden Police
    @MPSCamden
    We have recently received a small number of reports of individuals offering to go shopping for the elderly within our community as a means to then keep their money.

As ever, please ensure you or those more vulnerable in your circles treat such invitations with caution
    Police officer
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited March 2020
    I think it was on the Tuesday that I switched the iPad on and looked at a few news stories.
    One of the pics showed three people at a bus stop standing about six foot apart.
    I looked up at tv and saw the masses at Cheltenham.
    So if that was the wrong choice to attend,those Irish cases should be going up today, and throughout the week. Hopefully not🤞
    I think there are no lockdowns here yet as there are just not enough cases yet. Doubt the wait will be a long one.

Why have folks gone on holiday for the last two weeks??
    Then moan that they can’t get back.
    A national IQ test is required imo.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    From this weekend I'm supposed to self isolate i fall into the group with underlying medical conditions (diabetes) i also have the flu jab
    The building site I'm on is still operating for now so I'm working atm but it will shut down
    So unless the government implement legislation to look after the work force people like me are going to be screwed
    This is scary now and I'm seriously worried
    Stay safe folks take care
    Sean
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    My guess is that some sort of financial legislation will be put through Parliament.
    Macron said yesterday that 300 billion euros were available if need be to save buisnesses
    I suggest that number was plucked out of the air.
    There’s no reason to think the U.K. won’t have the same problems as Italy.
    In fact most countries should have the same problem as Italy.
    There’s not enough money in the world to cover buisness failures, layoffs.
    So I think debts could be waivered for a time,electric,gas, council taxes and the like.
    There might even be tokens issued to buy food? Not sure on that one.
    There are a million and one questions to answer, but they are unanswerable.
    This hasn’t happened in our kind of society before, not to this extent.
    We aren’t quite to the critical stage yet, but close.
    The emphasis is on lives. So looking at the tv with a guy in London saying he’s not bothered about catching the virus is irresponsible.
    If each individual took more care, it would help the NHS.
    But,alas.
    Worrying about buisnesses closing, or not being able to go somewhere, is not the main concern imo.
    The penny needs to drop.
    I have no idea about the end game,unless a vaccine is found.
  • Options
    There are so many that fall into the diabetes group.
    Stay safe.
  • Options
    Our utilities are to the most part foreign owned, that could be interesting.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,397
    Its happened my end, we've had a meeting.

My outfit had closed down yesterday , the next two weeks wages are £94.50 per week (SSP).

After then, we cant say what will happen, no-one knows.

Thread title needs updating to its here.

• Options
    mumsie said:

Its happened my end, we've had a meeting.

My outfit had closed down yesterday , the next two weeks wages are £94.50 per week (SSP).

After then, we cant say what will happen, no-one knows.

Thread title needs updating to its here.

So many will be in the same boat, so don’t worry.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    stokefc said:

From this weekend I'm supposed to self isolate i fall into the group with underlying medical conditions (diabetes) i also have the flu jab
    The building site I'm on is still operating for now so I'm working atm but it will shut down
    So unless the government implement legislation to look after the work force people like me are going to be screwed
    Sean

I thought the announcement yesterday was quite confusing as to which people should self isolate for 12 weeks from this weekend.

I don't think controlled diabetes alone fits into that category.

I am in a similar category as yourself. I have asthma and have the recommended flu jab every year.

My understanding (I could be wrong) is that we should be extra careful with the social distancing rules because of our conditions.

A further announcement will be made in due course regarding the people who need to self isolate.

All above is just my understanding of it so please don't take it as gospel.

Take care.

This is the link to the official advice. Well worth reading.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    stokefc said:

Sean

Tough times ahead for lots of people, I’m afraid......

My wife and have always fallen into the middle grounds....earn too much for any public support, though once in 1977, I claimed the dole as I was between jobs for 2 weeks....

At 55 when I left my work, if I not taken my pension and not become self employed, there was a raft of benefits to assist us.....no, we wanted to work and pay our way...always have and always will want to

( coin flip? my sister and brother in law took the dark side and god knows what peripheral benefits they are still getting...I’ll ask them when they return from yet another foreign holiday )

So now as a self employed couple who took our pensions early- therefore at a reduced rate- we find ourselves with no work, limited pensions-not enough to pay the mortgage-and not eligible for any govt support.....yes, our pensions means we are not eligible for the meagre ESA support payment for self employed currently available

Still, we are much better off than most.......so not moaning, just saying #firstworldproblems

And for the moment, we have our health!

I will be due an interesting chat with my mortgage company in the next few days...

Silver lining? If you have to stay indoors a lot, what better way than to partake in online poker with Sky...

GL at the tables, guys, stay home

My new mantra

Keep calm and drink Malbec
    >:)
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    madprof said:

stokefc said:

Sean

Tough times ahead for lots of people, I’m afraid......

My wife and have always fallen into the middle grounds....earn too much for any public support, though once in 1977, I claimed the dole as I was between jobs for 2 weeks....

At 55 when I left my work, if I not taken my pension and not become self employed, there was a raft of benefits to assist us.....no, we wanted to work and pay our way...always have and always will want to

( coin flip? my sister and brother in law took the dark side and god knows what peripheral benefits they are still getting...I’ll ask them when they return from yet another foreign holiday )

So now as a self employed couple who took our pensions early- therefore at a reduced rate- we find ourselves with no work, limited pensions-not enough to pay the mortgage-and not eligible for any govt support.....yes, our pensions means we are not eligible for the meagre ESA support payment for self employed currently available

Still, we are much better off than most.......so not moaning, just saying #firstworldproblems

And for the moment, we have our health!

I will be due an interesting chat with my mortgage company in the next few days...

Silver lining? If you have to stay indoors a lot, what better way than to partake in online poker with Sky...

GL at the tables, guys, stay home

My new mantra

Keep calm and drink Malbec
    >:)
    Some Mortgage companies have agreed to defer payments and you can only assume it will end up being standard practice for most if not all mortgage lenders during these testing times.
  • Options
    goldon said:

Careful who you let out of Prison..........to infect the public.

Camden Police
    @MPSCamden
    We have recently received a small number of reports of individuals offering to go shopping for the elderly within our community as a means to then keep their money.

As ever, please ensure you or those more vulnerable in your circles treat such invitations with caution
    Police officer

A lockdown will cause a lot of grief for the criminals.
    How will a drug addict get his or her hit?
  • Options
    They are normally ahead of the game though.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,256
    Don't know whether to self isolate with my missus. She has diabetes, asthma, a slight heart abnormality, no auto immune system and o.s.a. which requires a c.p.a.p. device.

As her carer I have the yearly flu jab and also sleep with a c.p.a.p. machine but that aside am relatively healthy (weight issues aside).

The problem for us is that my mother who is over 80 and has 2 of the at risk indicators will have to self isolate for the required period but would also be dependant upon me to get her shopping etc. Ergo I'm not isolating and therefore am at risk of carrying any infection to my wife.

I have already taken the very difficult decision to step away from foodbank and the other community initiatives that our Church undertakes, especially as its times like these when we are most needed in the community.

I really feel that a rationing system may have to be introduced to ensure a fair supply of commodities for households should the pandemic prove more sustained than the "experts" think.

I also think that collectively as a society and also as individuals we are going to see moral boundaries challenged and many stories of heartbreaking news.

Italy are already making plans to triage cases and have said, if it comes to it, that the over 80s or those with 5 or more indicators of underlying poor health may be left out of the intensive care system. With only 5,000 respirators currently available in the UK its a scenario we may see considered here.

I don't know whether I'm going to go to work on Friday or just stop. The transfer of cash from hand to hand is probably one of the easiest ways to pass infections of all kinds around. like many I've got to do the sums and see if we can live without the money. Admittedly as its only a part time thing it may be easier than those of you who are losing the bulk of your income.

Good luck and stay healthy guys.

Mark
  • Options

Don't know whether to self isolate with my missus. She has diabetes, asthma, a slight heart abnormality, no auto immune system and o.s.a. which requires a c.p.a.p. device.

As her carer I have the yearly flu jab and also sleep with a c.p.a.p. machine but that aside am relatively healthy (weight issues aside).

The problem for us is that my mother who is over 80 and has 2 of the at risk indicators will have to self isolate for the required period but would also be dependant upon me to get her shopping etc. Ergo I'm not isolating and therefore am at risk of carrying any infection to my wife.

I have already taken the very difficult decision to step away from foodbank and the other community initiatives that our Church undertakes, especially as its times like these when we are most needed in the community.

I really feel that a rationing system may have to be introduced to ensure a fair supply of commodities for households should the pandemic prove more sustained than the "experts" think.

I also think that collectively as a society and also as individuals we are going to see moral boundaries challenged and many stories of heartbreaking news.

Italy are already making plans to triage cases and have said, if it comes to it, that the over 80s or those with 5 or more indicators of underlying poor health may be left out of the intensive care system. With only 5,000 respirators currently available in the UK its a scenario we may see considered here.

I don't know whether I'm going to go to work on Friday or just stop. The transfer of cash from hand to hand is probably one of the easiest ways to pass infections of all kinds around. like many I've got to do the sums and see if we can live without the money. Admittedly as its only a part time thing it may be easier than those of you who are losing the bulk of your income.

Mark

From what I’ve heard, flu vaccines change. But I don’t think the current one will cover you for this virus.
    Work wise, I think a lockdown will surely come quite soon.
    In your situation I’d fill your mums freezer up. You can freeze milk and eggs obv.
    With eggs once fawed,you can only have a couple of choices, as they need to be cooked thoroughly.
    I’d stay at home,get a test if you can for all three,don’t have anyone come round, when going to your mums being careful at the same time.

You can still go out, but I’d restrict that to a garden, so you don’t bump into anyone.

Disclaimer,
    I work on the building, but I have been following it from day one in China.
  • Options
  • Options
    That’s the last one I’m posting.
  • Options
    chilling said:

That’s the last one I’m posting.

why? the tables, whilst depressing keep us informed..
  • Options

Mark

Mark...bookings will be limited and a long way away but online shopping solves the Mother's food needs without you going there? - wont do anything for her mental health without your personal interaction but needs must( Thats what we've done with my MILaw who is 84 and awaiting heart surgery and is 'unwell'...)

Best wishes for all concerned

D