You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Essexphil's UKOPS diary

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    Cammykaze said:

Another ask me almost anything question.

Thoughts on Dr Catherine Calderwood?

Never had much time for people who are bigger on "do as I say" as opposed to "do as I do". Particularly when I have a particular like of the East Neuk (where her holiday home is).

The bit that surprised me in this was how the Scots Government tried to protect her, and tried to give some guff about how much she was needed. Her undoubted scientific skills relate to gynaecology and obstetrics, not infection control. And her authority in this crisis was shot to pieces. Credit to her for recognising that, and resigning.
  • Options
    SR23 said:

ul this evening, but really enjoying your updates dude, very nicely done.

Thanks. We need more from you-you can write in the way I aim to, and fail.

PS-not saying I am sad, but when I first saw your name, my first thoughts were:

1. Is it a postcode?
    2. No-can't be-everyone knows Sunderland postcodes only go up to SR9...
  • Options
    rabdeniro said:

Cammykaze said:

She's a hypocrite of the worst kind.
    Hypocrite? Yes. But, as a doctor, she would have taken the hypocritic oath ;)

But not the worst kind. 2 reasons for this:-

1. She wasn't exactly sneaky about this. The worst kind don't get caught
    2. She did the decent thing, and resigned
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Top 3 films you have seen recently and top 3 of all time
    Any series keeping you busy atm? What series would you recommend for people to watch while they are staying at home?

Top 3 films recently? Not much for recent films. I'll ask my wife when she's awake-she loves films, but is tired this morning, having heard my same 3 jokes for the last 21 years.

My all-time faves? I tend to like escapism, rather than reality, so:-

1. The Blues Brothers;
    2. Airplane!
    3. The Long Good Friday

Currently re-watching Spooks. Love a binge watch-2 to 3 episodes a day. Before that was Only Fools and Horses-later series stand the test of time better than the early ones. Funnily enough, saw "Denzil" the other day-he lives about 3 miles from me.

Recommended? Porridge; Fleabag; Killing Eve (1st series); The Wire
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    rabdeniro said:

Cammykaze said:

Was she pushed out by Sturgeon?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52177171
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Thoughts for the Day.

1. Always loved Sundays, as it has always been the big poker day.
    Is it me, or has every single day since lockdown been a Sunday? (Both in poker, and non-poker, terms)

2. I am lucky enough to have a decent-sized house, and a garden.
    Isn't it a bit unfair for people with gardens to criticise people in flats for wanting to go outside? It's not as though there is an obvious place where will not bump into people...
  • Options
    rabdeniro said:

Cammykaze said:

It's not your ask me almost anything thread ;)
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

rabdeniro said:

Cammykaze said:

Possibly.
    But the initial reaction was just plain wrong.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,548
    rabdeniro said:

Cammykaze said:

Morning @rabdeniro

Any particular reason you are still up at 4am?...

PS - Last night's Main Event;

pokermask 3460000 1 £8996
    Mickey83 0 2 £5190
    @rabdeniro 0 3 £3044.80

• Options
    Essexphil said:

Cammykaze said:

Never had much time for people who are bigger on "do as I say" as opposed to "do as I do". Particularly when I have a particular like of the East Neuk (where her holiday home is).

The bit that surprised me in this was how the Scots Government tried to protect her, and tried to give some guff about how much she was needed. Her undoubted scientific skills relate to gynaecology and obstetrics, not infection control. And her authority in this crisis was shot to pieces. Credit to her for recognising that, and resigning.
    Thank you EssexPhil, it's something I was talking about with mum last night.

My question to her was, how long will it take for her to turn up in a cushy quiet number away from politics and into say the private sector. The response was "shut up".

End of chat :)
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Essexphil said:

Cammykaze said:

rabdeniro said:

Cammykaze said:

Possibly.
    But the initial reaction was just plain wrong.
    She was pushed alright, eventually, but the SNP doing their usual trying to defend the indefensible.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Tikay10 said:

rabdeniro said:

Cammykaze said:

Morning @rabdeniro

Mickey83 0 2 £5190
    @rabdeniro 0 3 £3044.80

Just oot ma pit, was a long night but well worth it, biggest win in poker, :) am as happy as a pig in sh*t, Cheers.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    Morning Afternoon Phil, enjoying the diary Sir....ish ;)

Quick question for you....

I met you at the bar at SPT Brighton so I know you know your poker. If a player defends in the cut off with TT by opening to 2.2x, and is then 3 bet by the tightest player on the table but also gets 4 bet by the button who has the lowest VPIP, when will you buy the next round?

GL with the rest of UKOPS. I agree with your points of too many BH's and Rebuys fwiw, but you have to give the public what they want.....and you and me are old school pal. (you a lot older school then me mind.) Be lucky, Be Safe.
  • Options
    rabdeniro said:

Tikay10 said:

rabdeniro said:

Cammykaze said:

Morning @rabdeniro

Mickey83 0 2 £5190
    @rabdeniro 0 3 £3044.80

Just oot ma pit, was a long night but well worth it, biggest win in poker, :) am as happy as a pig in sh*t, Cheers.
    Delighted for you. Well done.

I've reached an age when I struggle with wine, women and song. So I have decided to give up singing...
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

Morning Afternoon Phil, enjoying the diary Sir....ish ;)

Quick question for you....

I met you at the bar at SPT Brighton so I know you know your poker. If a player defends in the cut off with TT by opening to 2.2x, and is then 3 bet by the tightest player on the table but also gets 4 bet by the button who has the lowest VPIP, when will you buy the next round?

GL with the rest of UKOPS. I agree with your points of too many BH's and Rebuys fwiw, but you have to give the public what they want.....and you and me are old school pal. (you a lot older school then me mind.) Be lucky, Be Safe.

:) Please god, we will be in a position before too long when I can get the round in.

I have some sympathy with Sky re the rebuys/re-entries. They set them before the world went mad. Fact remains that 65 of the 70 tournaments are not freezeouts. Which means that people with big bankrolls have a massive advantage.

Be safe. And be lucky....
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    Essexphil said:

Cammykaze said:

She’s clearly an intelligent woman so to do this can only be arrogance on her part, thinking she’s above us all
  • Options
    Day 4 Recap.

Played 4-20, 21, 22, 23.

Highlights? Won a Sat to the Main. Er...that's it.
    We all have days when everything goes wrong. I will use the Main as an example.

Up to 18k. I have KK in the BB.Player to my right (the lovely @IrishRose ) shoves for her last 4k. With AA.

AA rivered by 10 7. Finally, AKs on a A765 board. BB had defended with....8 4 off. To be fair, he had a monster stack, so likely to defend wide.

But-every cloud and all that. Had time to "set up" (translation-watch wife set up) free month trial for Prime. Bosch here we come...
  • Options
    Recent films?

I enjoyed both Kingsman films, particularly the fight scene in the first one.

My wife says that I am wrong about her liking modern films. She would much rather watch Bullitt or old Steven Seagal films. But that the Equaliser 2 was worth a watch.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    Essexphil said:

Day 4 Recap.

Played 4-20, 21, 22, 23.

Highlights? Won a Sat to the Main. Er...that's it.
    We all have days when everything goes wrong. I will use the Main as an example.

Up to 18k. I have KK in the BB.Player to my right (the lovely @IrishRose ) shoves for her last 4k. With AA.

AA rivered by 10 7. Finally, AKs on a A765 board. BB had defended with....8 4 off. To be fair, he had a monster stack, so likely to defend wide.

But-every cloud and all that. Had time to "set up" (translation-watch wife set up) free month trial for Prime. Bosch here we come...

🤔 it’s not like Rose to shove with AA...she normally waits till she has 99 before cleaning up
  • Options
    What in your mind are the odds of Boris making out out of the ICU?